• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

wut, control warrior is like the worst match up for rogue, like really bad, you just run out of cards and die bad :b warrior can easily kill every minion rogue has and it's not that many.

Haunted

I've lost like three games around turn 7/8 when they had nothing but a weapon up and a Drake on board while I was near full life (HP and armour combined).

Rogue saps my taunt, oils up and blade flurries for like guaranteed 20+ damage. If I survive that turn, eviscerate and some other bit of direct damage sealed the deal next turn.

Pooya

If you get tank up, it's really unlikely to lose to regular rogue cards (not AB), Your hero power just nullifies Eviscerate. Overall you want to put pressure on them, if you let them sprint freely without danger of dying, they can use their damage optimally. Loatheb is a good card too, I'd would play it CW right now. It's even good against paladin if you expect a divine favor for example.

Haunted

Loatheb is a consideration, maybe I'll tech one in for a Shieldmaiden. Or run double brawl instead of a singular one.

ViviOggi

Yeah, you should be the one pressuring them in the midgame. Weapons are insane against Oil Rogue's minions except for Shredder and even that one you can deal with just fine because you aren't busy removing three other sticky value minions like against any other class. Just keep their board small with the plethora of early game control options CW has, forcing them to use Sap and Eviscerate early. Don't get baited into obscene tempo swings like letting them sap your big legendaries, it's almost impossible to recover from because they'll have 7+ mana left over to develop a board. Don't go for cheeky Alex into Grom plays unless it's your last out, you just play the long game until they run out of damage.

Dr. Boom alone on an empty board fucking obliterates Rogue.

And double Brawl is a must no matter what.

Usually oil rogue can't beat death's bite on curve. So mulligan for death's bite. Loatheb isn't even necessary. The way rogues win is by getting continual minion damage or getting lucky and having burst combo pieces to finish off in a single turn. Controlling the board beats the former, armor up beats the latter.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit, how old am I with this news? I didn't know you could right click on the specific card in your deck to instantly travel to that page. So much time gained.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Holy shit, how old am I with this news? I didn't know you could right click on the specific card in your deck to instantly travel to that page. So much time gained.
WOW!

That's like when i found out you could type "new" in the filter to check the new cards on your collection. :0

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW!

That's like when i found out you could type "new" in the filter to check the new cards on your collection. :0

WAIT, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dre

I must say I kinda like Sacred Trial in Midrange Xmas Tree. Since everyone plays Boom you just have to leave one shitty minion on board after dropping Who Am I and then your opponent will cast 2 boom bots for 7 mana if he doesn't play around it.
Even managed to kill one Cenarius that way lol.

Oh well with rank 5 now achieved that's no more ladder for me the next 30 days. Thank god.

Been running a lot of CW this season and yeah I think I hit the stopping point which was the ladder being 80% Paladins. Might even be worth teching in Spellbreaker at this point.

ViviOggi

Wasn't offered a single weapon except for two Gorehowls... I dunno Kev
First match was golden Uther scum as expected

Yeah you keep doing your cute inspire flooding while I smash these two Gorehowls into your stupid lawful good face get DUMPSTERED son

Well fucking met

Dahbomb

The fuck is this flood Zoolock deck? It's just fucking Zoolock with that new 1 drop and maybe one Echoing Ooze.

In any case I underestimated that 1 drop for Warlock. It actually does work. I still wouldn't play it though.

gutshot

The fuck is this flood Zoolock deck? It's just fucking Zoolock with that new 1 drop and maybe one Echoing Ooze.

In any case I underestimated that 1 drop for Warlock. It actually does work. I still wouldn't play it though.

I don't know, this is a very different flavor of Zoo then the traditional "gain board control through sticky minions and buffs" style. This is much more about flooding the board with tokens and then using Sea Giants, Reliquary and Gormok to out-tempo your opponent.

I don't know, this is a very different flavor of Zoo then the traditional "gain board control through sticky minions and buffs" style. This is much more about flooding the board with tokens and then using Sea Giants, Reliquary and Gormok to out-tempo your opponent.

Sea Giant Zoo has been a thing ever since Imp-losion was released. Gormok and Reliquary Seeker are just new additions to it. Reliquary still seems a bit iffy to me since it's pretty bad if it doesn't trigger and the condition is pretty steep. Gormok is pretty legit, though. I crafted him right after TGT released and one of the first times I played him, I hit a Handlock who had just dropped double Molten + Defender for lethal with his battle cry. It was worth the 1600 dust just for that.

gutshot

Sea Giant Zoo has been a thing ever since Imp-losion was released. Gormok and Reliquary Seeker are just new additions to it. Reliquary still seems a bit iffy to me since it's pretty bad if it doesn't trigger and the condition is pretty steep. Gormok is pretty legit, though. I crafted him right after TGT released and one of the first times I played him, I hit a Handlock who had just dropped double Molten + Defender for lethal with his battle cry. It was worth the 1600 dust just for that.

Yes, I know. Although that version was never quite as good as traditional Zoo. Reliquary and Gormok have made it much more consistent. It's definitely a different style of Zoo deck, is my point.

Yoshichan

What's the better craft for a Reno paladin Sylvanas or Justicar?

All three are ridiculous. Sylvanas is the -safest- though and I'm pretty sure Justicar comes close second.

WOW!

Now someone discover how to filter for "golden cards, and also their non golden versions, so you don't accidentally dust your only copy of a card because it is gold"

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I don't blame him, brawls are supposed to be about having fun, there's only one person having fun in that side. I think he faced 7 mages out of 10 games.

I'm glad I beat this brawl at the very start lol.

I lost to only one of many mages, while running Brannadin exclusively. I'm not better that him, sooooo not sure why he's complaining.

Now someone discover how to filter for "golden cards, and also their non golden versions, so you don't accidentally dust your only copy of a card because it is gold"

If you are attempting to dust one of your last 2 versions of a card (gold or not), they give a text warning. SO if you have 1 gold and 1 not, trying to dust either will let you know.

ViviOggi

whats up with all freeze mage players using the medivh skin?
Bias most likely. You'll see more Medivhs overall since Mage has more varied lists than Warrior and Hunter while also being a high tier arena class. Paladin as the strongest and most braindead class across both formats is gonna be a fucking goldmine, in fact it might be what Blizz has been working towards all this time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I still want a Hamuul Runetotem skim for Druid. Need more Tauren representation up in here!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I only knew about the 'new' search thanks to that annoying bug that cropped up when you disenchanted stuff.

Duster

Playing hearthstone at the end of the month is so much better than playing at the beginning of the month

Still lots of control warriors on the EU ladder over the past few days (12-17).
I don't get it, they're too high up for rank 20 farming but seem too low for their cards, I can't buy that all of them are playing ladder for the first time this month or that they're just crap at the game.

However I still agree, lots more interesting decks about, there seem to be hardly any secret paladins left and the freeze mages are either awful or are missing a few key cards.

Talking of interesting decks what are the expectations of Naga Sea Witch? Seems like it'll allow for some crazy new tactics.

ZealousD

Really? There isn't people trying to grind out ranks in the last hours of the month?

They wouldn't be in the lower ranks though. I imagine newer players have it easier at the end of the month.

ZealousD

Talking of interesting decks what are the expectations of Naga Sea Witch? Seems like it'll allow for some crazy new tactics.

Too clunky and weird. You better be ahead because you'll have to play an expensive bomb the next turn without cheap removals. Gotta remember that your cheap cards become more expensive too.

And she's like ghetto Aviana on Turn 10.

. said:
12325986_1004172112996011_482504802_o.jpg

If i played shaman that would be pretty cool

ViviOggi

Sea Witch is arena only and then it's an epic so whatever

If the body was op then it might see play but as it stands what cards are worth being reduced to 5 when the tradeoff is giving up removal/wepons/combos? You get Boom a turn earlier I guess. MC is already 6 mana. Rag only shoots 1/1s. Tirion sure but Paladin already has the perfect curve. Like, there's a bunch of bombs that don't see play which you might actually run if they were 6 mana on their own, the problem is that you're locked into playing a 5/5 on a turn where you still need to react to the board dynamically, otherwise you just put a bunch of garbage cards in your deck.

Its effect doesn't give Sea Witch pseudo-taunt like e.g. Emperor, in fact many decks will intentionally leave it up like a shitty Venture Co. while they spread and you're stuck playing big stuff that doesn't affect the board much.

If it was, say, a 3/6 with "Your cards cost no more than (5)", now that would be interesting.

Sea Witch is arena only and then it's an epic so whatever

If the body was op then it might see play but as it stands what cards are worth being reduced to 5 when the tradeoff is giving up removal/wepons/combos? You get Boom a turn earlier I guess. MC is already 6 mana. Rag only shoots 1/1s. Tirion sure but Paladin already has the perfect curve. Like, there's a bunch of bombs that don't see play which you might actually run if they were 6 mana on their own, the problem is that you're locked into playing a 5/5 on a turn where you still need to react to the board dynamically, otherwise you just put a bunch of garbage cards in your deck.

Its effect doesn't give Sea Witch pseudo-taunt like e.g. Emperor, in fact many decks will intentionally leave it up like a shitty Venture Co. while they spread and you're stuck playing big stuff that doesn't affect the board much.

If it was, say, a 3/6 with "Your cards cost no more than (5)", now that would be interesting.

Or "all of your cards and your opponent's cards cost 5", but blizzard doesn't like cards that mess with your cards etc

manhack

I remember when people said reliquary was worthless. I defended that card as potentially being really good. Win more they said. I said, sometimes you need to win more.

Yeah the most annoying thing people said was "if you already have 6 minions on the board you won already"...LOL yeah right.

It was common when Gormok was revealed for people to say if you had 4 minions on the board to activate it you already won.

As much as people complain there are plenty of ways for people to clear a board. Just because you have a bunch of 1/1's doesn't help anything. Reliquary, Sea Giant, Gormok are great ways to seal the deal and protect vs lot's of boar wipes or trades.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
damn work and stuff has made unable to get to rank 5, i'm 10 right now.....i wonder if i can make it today damn this sucks.

Top Bottom