• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

KuroNeeko

Hurry up and die out already, Handlock. Priest hates you!

I actually met a Druid fatigue deck and a Priest fatigue deck in back-to-back matches. What streamer do I have to blame?

inky

I'm watching Kripp's stream and he's commentating an old Diablo 3 video from when the game sucked. I remember that video and era, what I didn't remember was old Kripp, lmao.

He had so much 'tude and was so dedicated to his "no life" persona who lived to play games 24/7. Now he's just a filthy casual ;P

God, going through everything in detail really puts shit into perspective. What a crappy game and a shit string of crappy patches Diablo 3 had. Turned it around tho. Only took 2 years and $50 more.

Shaman is still the worst class. I don't really believe that Aggro Shaman will last that long at that high of a spot. Feels like a flavor of the month aggro deck (which the game has had a lot of in the past). That deck runs out of steam super fast and the overloads can screw it up. Right now it seems pretty powerful because everyone is also playing tempo/aggro with limited heals and taunts so Aggro Shaman can shut down games real quick.

I gave it a try, to me the deck feels like pre-quickshot face hunter. You run out of gas fast and need to start running jeeves and so on. Which is just meh.

It is certainly flavour of the month. It works, but so do all the other aggro decks.

What I am seeing a lot of is mages with duplicate, deathlord and brann healbot. It is way stronger and more annoying than reno decks.

Tarazet

I had a pretty rough night with Freeze Mage (sans Jackson). Seems like people have had a lot of practice playing around Jaina's bullshit, and I never ran into the Secret Paladins that were wrecking my Warrior. Seems like a big challenge to try and get consistent results in this mixed meta.

Moonlight

Banned
I managed to put together a Druid Aggro deck (had to burn all my Goldens to pay for the Epics, though, bleh), but I've found out that I'm really bad at playing Druid? The whole concept of ramping fucks with me hard. In terms of mulligan, especially. I always hang onto Innervate, but my hands are almost always sort of weird. Just feels hard to get used to. I never really feel like I'm playing, err, efficiently.

inky

Now everyone is calling Kripp "Rap God"... you guys are missing out

Mm84Hms.png

Dahbomb

I feel disgusting

how do you guys live with yourself? I'm finding it pretty hard. I haven't even used the damn card yet.
The 400 dust every month keeps me feeling warm and fuzzy.

I'm watching Kripp's stream and he's commentating an old Diablo 3 video from when the game sucked. I remember that video and era, what I didn't remember was old Kripp, lmao.

He had so much 'tude and was so dedicated to his "no life" persona who lived to play games 24/7. Now he's just a filthy casual ;P

God, going through everything in detail really puts shit into perspective. What a crappy game and a shit string of crappy patches Diablo 3 had. Turned it around tho. Only took 2 years and $50 more.
I am watching this and it's amazing!

I miss No Life Kripp. Fuck casual Arena mode Hearthstone Kripp.

Like watching Kripp go ham (not current ham but fucking OG croissant cheese ham sandwich) in these old videos is AMAZING!

I managed to put together a Druid Aggro deck (had to burn all my Goldens to pay for the Epics, though, bleh), but I've found out that I'm really bad at playing Druid? The whole concept of ramping fucks with me hard. In terms of mulligan, especially. I always hang onto Innervate, but my hands are almost always sort of weird. Just feels hard to get used to. I never really feel like I'm playing, err, efficiently.

That's just druid. I play combo druid and sometimes I get two innervate and Dr. Boom. And then sometimes I get innervate and wild growth.. ugh what?

Just gotta make sure you know what you're looking for vs X class. Like I always try to keep to get Swipe if I'm playing Warlock/Paladin/Hunter just because of Zoo, Muster for battle, and Face hunter.

Against something like Priest/Warrior no need because they are a lot slower.

120 matches are so into my Hearthstone career. I play primarily a Hunter and my entire deck is based around overwhelming the foe with Beasts. Went ahead and crafter Webspinners which can summon random hunters to your hand. Then got the Hunter special spell where the spells you use summon Beasts into your hand. If the game likes me by round 8 or so I can have tons on the board and like 8 still in my hand.

Limited experience but holy SHIT are Mages stupid in this game. Can use spells past taunts while weapons cant, can polymorph anything, 10 damage spells, freeze enemies, tons of card drawing minions and spells, mass attacks. I mean wtf is Blizzards thinking with that class? 7 out of 10 games is vs. an annoying as stupid as shit mage.

Addictive game though. Will probably purchase some single player campaigns soon

My deck got me up to rank 18 in Ranked so far. Do you get good prizes at the end of the month? Played Arena a few times and got to 4 wins. Just figuring it all out atm. Drew a cool epic card that is 20 turns that drops as I take damage. Love throwing that down at the end for free along with taunts and charge cards

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I feel disgusting

how do you guys live with yourself? I'm finding it pretty hard. I haven't even used the damn card yet.

Morals in this game are for suckers. You aren't cheating, you're just playing the game as Blizzard wants it to be played.

Play to win. Feeling bad about playing certain cards is the kind of attitude that keeps you below Rank 15.

Dahbomb

Limited experience but holy SHIT are Mages stupid in this game. Can use spells past taunts while weapons cant, can polymorph anything, 10 damage spells, freeze enemies, tons of card drawing minions and spells, mass attacks. I mean wtf is Blizzards thinking with that class? 7 out of 10 games is vs. an annoying as stupid as shit mage.
Wait until you hit the Paladins at higher ranks.

Mulgrok

Morals in this game are for suckers. You aren't cheating, you're just playing the game as Blizzard wants it to be played.

Play to win. Feeling bad about playing certain cards is the kind of attitude that keeps you below Rank 15.

Farthest I could get was rank 7, until I succumbed to cancer and made mysterious challengers. Easiest wins ever to rank 5.

Tarazet

I'm feeling like if I don't use Reno in freeze mage, I'm probably literally going to fall below rank 15. Kind of sad, but then it is not an easy deck to play properly. I make no claim to being any good at the game.

jgminto

I wouldn't consider Mage a problem class but it is frustrating when Tempo Mage decks get their perfect esports openings. As a Hunter you either want to continuously drop dangerous threats that force them to use their removals before you get to your best minions (Midrange Hunter) or flood the board with aggressive, low cost minions and attempt to kill them before they can clear with Flamestrike (Face Hunter).

Is warlock completely broken if they draw Reno Jackson (and its not that hard)? My Dragon Priest cant do shit :( not enough damage in time and they always have Reno. Such a boring ass card to face, holy fuck.

Yea the matchup was already pretty difficult. You really need a lightbomb at the point you expect moltens b/c that's pretty much the only tool you have to win. I'd honestly just concede instead of wasting time against handlock

Ridli

If you are playing a new deck type, try out the mulligan guides on the tempostorm meta snapshot. They aren't perfect (and not every deck has one), but they can help you out while you get experience with the matchups.

Dahbomb

Yea the matchup was already pretty difficult. You really need a lightbomb at the point you expect moltens b/c that's pretty much the only tool you have to win. I'd honestly just concede instead of wasting time against handlock
It's not that bad of a match up and certainly not that bad where you should just concede if you think you are playing against Handlock. Double Lightbombs help a lot as does stuff like Voljin if you run it. The only issue as mentioned before is a beefed Twilight Drake... the rest of the big minions Priest has an answer for. The only answer Priest doesn't have is against Jaraxxus but if your board is threatening then he won't be able to use Jaraxxus.

KuroNeeko

Hey, mayne.

Not everyone is a "Spike." You have your Timmys and Johnnys, too.
I'm more of a "Johnny", which is why I tend to play Priest and Rogue. I'm just enough of a Timmy that I hate losing with those classes, though.

I've been saving dust for a long ass time. I take it Dr Boom is the way to go? The comments on this page would suggest so. I think I'll have enough for a second legendary very soon, so what other legendary should I be looking to craft? I play Mage. I have Archmage Antonidas already.

I've been saving dust for a long ass time. I take it Dr Boom is the way to go? The comments on this page would suggest so. I think I'll have enough for a second legendary very soon, so what other legendary should I be looking to craft? I play Mage. I have Archmage Antonidas already.

Dr. Boom and Sylvanas are the safest crafts.

Boom can be put in nearly every deck, Sylvanas is not as ubiquitous but still the premier 6 drop. Well besides none of your business

KuroNeeko

Yeah, unless you have a very specific need for a specific class or deck, then Dr. B is probably your safest bet. I HATE Dr. B -- meaning I hate the art, the flavor, and his predominance in the game (I like the Boom Bots, though), but he's included in almost every deck I have.

Dr. Boom and Sylvanas are the safest crafts.

Boom can be put in nearly every deck, Sylvanas is not as ubiquitous but still the premier 6 drop. Well besides none of your business

Yeah, unless you have a very specific need for a specific class or deck, then Dr. B is probably your safest bet. I HATE Dr. B -- meaning I hate the art, the flavor, and his predominance in the game (I like the Boom Bots, though), but he's included in almost every deck I have.
Alright. Thanks guys.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reno Jackson, undisputed champion of making your opponent concede when played

I have yet to get Renoed, which I find a bit surprising.

Really love Discover, IMO the mechanic is a bit OP right now. The only thing that keeps it somewhat in check is most of the Minions it is tied to are a bit crappy, but the ability to basically pull new answers out of a hat is so damn strong.

I wonder if Gorillabot will be viable at all. It being conditional may end up being a deal breaker.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I gave it a try, to me the deck feels like pre-quickshot face hunter. You run out of gas fast and need to start running jeeves and so on. Which is just meh.

It is certainly flavour of the month. It works, but so do all the other aggro decks.

What I am seeing a lot of is mages with duplicate, deathlord and brann healbot. It is way stronger and more annoying than reno decks.

Yeah, it can definintely run out of steam easily. I like the mech/overload one since the fel reavers and doomhammers give you more options to close out a match.

I actually wonder if Finley will make it into the deck. On its own a 1/3 doesn't do much for an aggro deck but the same deck while grabbing a hunter or warlock hero power would be way better. At the very least any of the hero powers will be an improvement.

Loomba

I can't beat freeze mages no matter how I play, I know you need to be super aggressive right? But I can never kill them before the Alexstraza > fireball, fireball, frostbolt / forgotten torch.

Anyone got any ideas?

I can't beat freeze mages no matter how I play, I know you need to be super aggressive right? But I can never kill them before the Alexstraza > fireball, fireball, frostbolt / forgotten torch.

Anyone got any ideas?

Run kezan mystic or play control warrior. Beyond that you need to put out as much pressure as you can and hope you get lucky.

Raytow

Anyone got any ideas?

Play residentsleeper warrior, make them never ever play that archetype again, laugh uncontrollably.
Other than that, tech a kezan, silence, luck of the draw.

ViviOggi

Secret Paladin will never be weak, but there are times where the deck is weaker than usual.
Still #1

Top 4 two Druid and two Paladin lists

A meta worth quitting the game over tbh

Also there's no way CW is that high for ladder play

Only glimpse of hope is Renolock

NBtoaster

eh, the game seems well balanced at the moment. Viable decks are a good mix of control, combo and aggro. Just that one particular semi aggressive deck is very strong and can be played by the braindead.

Ladekabel

Today this fucking is teasing me. On an amazing losing streak with Raptor Rogue. Bad luck with RNG. My raptor and shredder gave me fucking Nat Pagle in the same turn and didn't drew me a single card. I got disconnected from a game and when I came in again, I was at 19 health, the card I wanted to play went back to my hand because apparantly my turn was over. Lost to a Mill Druid who healed for 40.

What a shitty day for me in Hearthstone. At least I win against Paladins.

Pooya

I think Dr. 6 is too much still but beside that I've seen unprecedented variety of deck this Month, the game is in a ok spot, they just need to 'adjust' Dr. 6, LoE has been good for the game (compared with horrible TGT meta) and two wings are left still.

Haunted

Goddamn, combo Rogues seems like one of the most one-sided matchups against Control Warrior. I simply CAN NOT beat one.

Decided to try rope coach reno paladin deck... LOL so much salt from people who play against it.

Heal heal heal heal heal oh and here legendaries up the ass now. I felt like I was playing wallet warrior!

Pooya

Goddamn, combo Rogues seems like one of the most one-sided matchups against Control Warrior. I simply CAN NOT beat one.

If you have Assassin's Blade, it suddenly become easy. You just need much more damage to deal with them.
You have to play very differently too, make sure to swing every turn from the start and peel off that armor every turn, holding your dagger doesn't matter much here as they don't exactly play threats for the first half of the game, wait until you have AB and oil, without Harrison they're dead, it's just too much damage for anyone to deal with. You can bait Harriosn earlier with a buffed dagger on hold, most don't expect AB these days. I with relatively slower games now, it makes sense to run AB in general, even if CW falls off even more, it's the win condition against Reno decks.

Haunted

If you have Assassin's Blade, it suddenly become easy. You just need much more damage to deal with them.
You have to play very differently too, make sure to swing every turn from the start and peel off that armor every turn, holding your dagger doesn't matter much here as they don't exactly play threats for the first half of the game, wait until you have AB and oil, without Harrison they're dead, it's just too much damage for anyone to deal with. You can bait Harriosn earlier with a buffed dagger on hold, most don't expect AB these days. I with relatively slower games now, it makes sense to run AB in general, even if CW falls off even more, it's the win condition against Reno decks.
:lol

Sorry for that misunderstanding - I am the control warrior.
You dagger-wielding son of a bitch
MTsX6be.gif

Top Bottom