• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Try the disconnect raptor deck. I wasted two win sreaks while playing against it today, so annoying.

Did i mentioned i have been neglecting my quests and i haven't got enough gold to unlock the second wing of LOE? so much lost gold
EleGiggle.png

Had a nice streak on ranked going just now until I ran into a tryhard Wallet Warrior with a Magni skin.

The rank 15 reward blows goats, so this month I'm gonna push for rank 5 for a laugh.

Portugeezer

Does the Mogor of Ogre also get affected by the %50 chance to hit wrong enemy? Just lost to a fucking priest after he got it in an inspire, but the Mogor always hit the right place.

KuroNeeko

I still want a Hamuul Runetotem skim for Druid. Need more Tauren representation up in here!

Yeah! I mean, the next druid skin has GOT to be a Tauren, right? They wouldn't dare give it to a filthy troll, right? #Hearthstoneracism

If i played shaman that would be pretty cool

Wow! Totem Golem looks awesome as a golden!

Try the disconnect raptor deck. I wasted two win sreaks while playing against it today, so annoying.

Just be careful. I was trying out Raptor today and cold casted it on turn 4. It ended up causing *me* to glitch and I had to log out / log in super quickly.

Finally! This explains why I've been seeing Dreadsteed so much lately. lol I'd play Warlock if they release a hawt Blood Elf hero (or a durty Forsaken). Hurry up, Blizz!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah! I mean, the next druid skin has GOT to be a Tauren, right? They wouldn't dare give it to a filthy troll, right? #Hearthstoneracism

I honestly wouldn't mind a troll hero, either. I was hoping they would make Vol'jin the alternate priest but then they made him a card.

Maybe they could make Zul'jin the alternate Rogue? But then Garona wouldn't be the alternate Rogue, and that makes me sad. =(

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
fuck this! the ladder right now is too slow to grind at the last minute, did hunter got erased from the game? because i haven't see a single one in like 10+ games. I'm just gonna take my rank 8 and be happy for the month.

fuck this! the ladder right now is too slow to grind at the last minute, did hunter got erased from the game? because i haven't see a single one in like 10+ games. I'm just gonna take my rank 8 and be happy for the month.

Hunter was tier 3 in the meta snapshot, thats prob why

everyone playing zoolock

KuroNeeko

I honestly wouldn't mind a troll hero, either. I was hoping they would make Vol'jin the alternate priest but then they made him a card.

Maybe they could make Zul'jin the alternate Rogue? But then Garona wouldn't be the alternate Rogue, and that makes me sad. =(

I think Zul'jin is a decent option. Blizz has shown a real reluctance to go with the more "non-standard" races. I mean, look at all the races that haven't been represented yet - Tauren, Troll, Goblin, Gnome, Worgen, Dranaei, Forsaken, and Pandaren.

Of those, I feel like Dranaei, Troll, and Forsaken might be close. Maybe even Worgen. I don't think you'll see Garona, because we already have a female, Horde-based rogue. They'll probably want to make a male skin for all of the players out there who have problems playing as a female. I think your choice is pretty cool. I think a Worgen would be cool as well. I feel like Blizz will go with a human though - maybe someone from SI:7.

I think male Tauren, or possibly female Troll is what we're going to get for Druid. Male Tauren kind of competes with Malfurion though, so probably not. I can't see players going for a female Tauren though.

I think a Forsaken priest would be awesome, but if I'm completely honest with myself, I just want Tyrande. Having her as a hero means that I can just buy her instead of having to craft her. lol

I think Warlock will get a male Worgen or a female Human.

I think Pally will get a Horde female, but I can't seeing it being Tauren because no one (but myself) would play with it. Female blood elf pally is possible, but kind of clashes with Valeera.

I'm pretty excited about Shaman. Shaman's gotta be a Draenaei, and hopefully female. We already have Horde-based totems. I think Draenaei gives us the possibility of new totems, plus female Draenaei are hawt. I hope they don't go dwarven, and I really hope they don't get lazy and just do another Horde shaman so they can reuse the existing totems.

tl;dr - Start mixing it up, Blizzard! Worgen, Forsaken, Trolls, Draenei, and Tauren are cool too! (But don't forget Tyrande!)

>Priest Uses Shadoword Death against Sylvanas
>Counterspell
>Uses 2nd Shadoword Death Against Sylvanas
>Summon Antonidas
>Put Duplicate
>He struggles, I polymorph an 8 drop
>Uses Lightbomb to kill Antonidas
>Gives me another 2 Antonidas
>Concedes

And fuck you too Priest.

I think Zul'jin is a decent option. Blizz has shown a real reluctance to go with the more "non-standard" races. I mean, look at all the races that haven't been represented yet - Tauren, Troll, Goblin, Gnome, Worgen, Dranaei, Forsaken, and Pandaren.

Of those, I feel like Dranaei, Troll, and Forsaken might be close. Maybe even Worgen. I don't think you'll see Garona, because we already have a female, Horde-based rogue. They'll probably want to make a male skin for all of the players out there who have problems playing as a female. I think your choice is pretty cool. I think a Worgen would be cool as well. I feel like Blizz will go with a human though - maybe someone from SI:7.

I think male Tauren, or possibly female Troll is what we're going to get for Druid. Male Tauren kind of competes with Malfurion though, so probably not. I can't see players going for a female Tauren though.

I think a Forsaken priest would be awesome, but if I'm completely honest with myself, I just want Tyrande. Having her as a hero means that I can just buy her instead of having to craft her. lol

I think Warlock will get a male Worgen or a female Human.

I think Pally will get a Horde female, but I can't seeing it being Tauren because no one (but myself) would play with it. Female blood elf pally is possible, but kind of clashes with Valeera.

I'm pretty excited about Shaman. Shaman's gotta be a Draenaei, and hopefully female. We already have Horde-based totems. I think Draenaei gives us the possibility of new totems, plus female Draenaei are hawt. I hope they don't go dwarven, and I really hope they don't get lazy and just do another Horde shaman so they can reuse the existing totems.

tl;dr - Start mixing it up, Blizzard! Worgen, Forsaken, Trolls, Draenei, and Tauren are cool too! (But don't forget Tyrande!)

Worgen and Tauren are pretty unimportant, and some races have only a few noteworthy people like Sylvanas, Vol'jin and Velen who have all been used.

Here are some unused races I think could get a hero portrait -

Cho'gall, Ogre - Warlock. Technically Rexxar is a Mok'nathal, half ogre half orc but whatever.
Garona, Half Orc Half/Draenei (or human I think one got retconned) - Rogue.
Maraad or Yrel, Draenei - Paladin
Sunwalker Dezco, Tauren - Paladin
Taran Zhu, Pandaren - Rogue.
Hamuul Runetotem, Tauren - Druid
Kil'jaeden or Archimonde, Eredar (Demon) - Warlock. Extremely powerful demons are pretty much Warlocks. Eredar are demonic draenei who aligned with the Burning Legion.

Shaman will probably be Rehgar and Druid will probably be Broll, both races that are already that class' race. Warlock is interesting, Gul'dan is by far the most important Warlock and powerful demons/anyone with connections to demons is essentially a Warlock.

This is if they don't decide they can make Legendaries into heroes. I mean they are kind of already boned on that with Illidan because what other Demon Hunters are there? I think they could swap cards like Velen and Anduin when you are playing as one or the other.

Mages and Warriors have by far the most characters to draw on, just because Mages and Warriors cover so much ground. Anyone who uses ice, fire or arcane can be a mage and anyone who hits hard and takes hard hits can be a warrior. Next mage will probably be Kael'thas or Aegwynn and the next Warrior will be... seriously, there are so many important Warriors that I can't even begin to start on what the next one could be.

KuroNeeko

Worgen and Tauren are pretty unimportant, and some races have only a few noteworthy people like Sylvanas, Vol'jin and Velen who have all been used.

Here are some unused races I think could get a hero portrait -

Cho'gall, Ogre - Warlock. Technically Rexxar is a Mok'nathal, half ogre half orc but whatever.
Garona, Half Orc Half/Draenei (or human I think one got retconned) - Rogue.
Maraad or Yrel, Draenei - Paladin
Sunwalker Dezco, Tauren - Paladin
Taran Zhu, Pandaren - Rogue.
Hamuul Runetotem, Tauren - Druid
Kil'jaeden or Archimonde, Eredar (Demon) - Warlock. Extremely powerful demons are pretty much Warlocks. Eredar are demonic draenei who aligned with the Burning Legion.

Shaman will probably be Rehgar and Druid will probably be Broll, both races that are already that class' race. Warlock is interesting, Gul'dan is by far the most important Warlock and powerful demons/anyone with connections to demons is essentially a Warlock.

This is if they don't decide they can make Legendaries into heroes. I mean they are kind of already boned on that with Illidan because what other Demon Hunters are there? I think they could swap cards like Velen and Anduin when you are playing as one or the other.

Mages and Warriors have by far the most characters to draw on, just because Mages and Warriors cover so much ground. Anyone who uses ice, fire or arcane can be a mage and anyone who hits hard and takes hard hits can be a warrior. Next mage will probably be Kael'thas or Aegwynn and the next Warrior will be... seriously, there are so many important Warriors that I can't even begin to start on what the next one could be.

Those are a lot of interesting choices. I think Tauren should get their showing, but they're most natural slots (Paladin / Druid) are already taken by big, burly types. I'd play a Tauren Paladin though, especially if s/he makes Tauren recruits.

I think the demons you mentioned are prime candidates for future Legendaries - especially since we have Jaraxx and Malf already present as units.

I can't see Rehgar being Shaman, just because Thrall already fills that slot. They're going to have to fill it with something different to get people to spend cash on it.

A Pandaren rogue would be pretty awesome, and if they don't do it here, I think we'll see one lead the Monk class should they choose to incorporate one in the future.

Which poses an interesting question - do you think they will add any more classes in the future? Seems like they've kind of gone past that point. On one hand, newer players could just stick with a Monk or Death Knight and get all of the cards they need from the current packs (without having to purchase old content,) but the number of cards they'd have to add for that one class just to catch up would be insane. :/

I'd be down with Death Knights though.

I could see Kael as the next mage, that's a good guess. I could also see them mixing it up with a more comical race like a goblin or gnome though too.

A Pandaren rogue would be pretty awesome, and if they don't do it here, I think we'll see one lead the Monk class should they choose to incorporate one in the future.

Which poses an interesting question - do you think they will add any more classes in the future? Seems like they've kind of gone past that point. On one hand, newer players could just stick with a Monk or Death Knight and get all of the cards they need from the current packs (without having to purchase old content,) but the number of cards they'd have to add for that one class just to catch up would be insane. :/

I'd be down with Death Knights though.

I think new classes will happen, even though it is true the longer things go on the harder they will be to implement. Hopefully if they want to do it, they've been keeping ideas.

Death Knight - Arthas or Darion Mograine.
Monk - Chen Stormstout or Taran Zhu. Taran Zhu is kind of a monk/rogue. This happens a lot, like how Tyrande can be considered a priest and a hunter.
Demon Hunter - Illidan. There's like, no question.

Moonlight

Banned
There is nothing more satisfying than Aldoring a Fel Reaver. More satisfying than that is seeing their silence and Force/Savage burned out of their decks.

f0lken

A few posts behind someone asked what they could do as a Raptor Rogue against a Control Warrior, 9-0 later against CW, I have your answer:

latest

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't think Raptor Rogue even needs Anub'arak. You have so many other big sticky minions that CW doesn't have the removal to deal with it all. You're kind of like Midrange Hunter in that matchup.

Person I was playing used the saw blade magic card(1 damage until it kills) against my grim patron.

......It kept spawning Grim Patrons. The person just quit after that despite hand superiority and having more health.

f0lken

I don't think Raptor Rogue even needs Anub'arak. You have so many other big sticky minions that CW doesn't have the removal to deal with it all. You're kind of like Midrange Hunter in that matchup.

While thats true, the 8 attack on Anub is a constant threat for the insane armor stacking CW has, especially late game when fatigue game seems imminent

Pooya

I got a golden shadowbomber....really game -__-

No deck needs Anub'arak cause it's a bad card...

While thats true, the 8 attack on Anub is a constant threat for the insane armor stacking CW has, especially late game when fatigue game seems imminent

Sylvanas + shieldslam, gg.

I think new classes will happen, even though it is true the longer things go on the harder they will be to implement. Hopefully if they want to do it, they've been keeping ideas.

Death Knight - Arthas or Darion Mograine.
Monk - Chen Stormstout or Taran Zhu. Taran Zhu is kind of a monk/rogue. This happens a lot, like how Tyrande can be considered a priest and a hunter.
Demon Hunter - Illidan. There's like, no question.

Would they make Illidan a hero since there is already a card?

f0lken

I got a golden shadowbomber....really game -__-

No deck needs Anub'arak cause it's a bad card...

Sylvanas + shieldslam, gg.

If you didn't make a CW use his/her shield slams/execute before turn 8 you did something wrong and deserve to lose anyway

Went to play one more ranked game before the season ends and my opponent ropes on every single turn and I beat him on turn 7 without even needing to use an MC

10 minutes of roping, ugh some people need to grow up

I got pissed and started playing Secret Paladin (slap me now, really.)

Holy shit. After a season playing mostly Control Warrior I have to say wtf is this? I don't have to even think about what I'm playing against or mulligans or making difficult turns like I do with CW because if you just play shit on curve its like auto win.

Holy shit. After a season playing mostly Control Warrior I have to say wtf is this? I don't have to even think about what I'm playing against or mulligans or making difficult turns like I do with CW because if you just play shit on curve its like auto win.

Or get a secret keeper first turn and then keep drawing secrets with an opponent that doesn't draw a removal

Haunted

Turn 4 Lethal from double innervate coin start and topdeck Savage Roar.

Someone please slap me.

s3tu9n4oj3ocl1acnqdz.gif

Another soul lost to the temptation.

Tarazet

Or get a secret keeper first turn and then keep drawing secrets with an opponent that doesn't draw a removal

Most of the meta decks don't have much removal.. because they're tournament decks and not ladder decks. That's the real reason why Secret Paladin can get away with murder. But a good old Freeze Mage puts the kibosh on Uther's nonsense, plus all the zoo decks.

Xanathus

Is it just me or has Forsen become a pretty awful streamer for someone who cares about the game? I notice that he ropes almost every turn now not because he's thinking of a play but because he's too busy thanking subs/reading donations/thanking people buying his fucking shirts.

Dahbomb

Is it just me or has Forsen become a pretty awful streamer for someone who cares about the game? I notice that he ropes almost every turn now not because he's thinking of a play but because he's too busy thanking subs/reading donations/thanking people buying his fucking shirts.
What do you mean has become pretty awful? And cares about the game?

Forsen has always been an awful streamer and he doesn't really give a crap about the game.

Xanathus

What do you mean has become pretty awful? And cares about the game?

Forsen has always been an awful streamer and he doesn't really give a crap about the game.

FeelsBadMan Forsen used to be good at Hearthstone FeelsBadMan

He used to think carefully through his plays when playing Miracle Rogue.

It just feels lately there aren't any streamers playing really good decks at a high level, they're all now just playing gimmick decks because they don't get blizzcon points this season or decks that play themselves. Thinking about it it's basically Blizzard's fault for this since there are really aren't really any more ladder-viable complex decks.

why would you ever coin a turn 1 knife juggler with no turn 2 follow up

what

I can see a scenario where a paladin might do that. Like maybe Paladin vs Paladin and Paladin #1 plays SC.

Paladin #2 could coin Juggler (of course this means he didn't mulligan a MC). If Paladin #1 plays like his Juggler turn #2 then Paladin #2 can trade the Juggler into the 1-2 SC and now board is left with Paladin #1 3-2 Juggler vs Paladin #2 3-1 Juggler (and now you're praying RNG gods doesn't let the juggle hit your 3-1).

Now if we take that it back a few steps and say Paladin #1 doesn't play his own Juggler turn #2 but plays 1 secret instead now you have a 2-3 SC vs a 3-2 Juggler. If he trades then well you have board again. If he goes face then well you can trade your 3-2 into his 2-3 and have board again. If you top deck a minibot then that's great and if you don't then well a 1-1 token but you still have board.

Now if we take it back and Paladin #1 plays 2 secret and his SC is now a 3-4..then kills your 3-2 and is left with a a 3-1 then well you're fucked.

1 scenario you're fucked, 1 you win, and the other you're praying juggle doesn't hit your 3-1. Meh not the worst decision in life.

Moonlight

Banned
Dunno, seemed like pretty standard control the board Zoo. Felt ready for something to snowball when I saw it and he just life tapped. Was just like... super weird?

KuroNeeko

It just feels lately there aren't any streamers playing really good decks at a high level, they're all now just playing gimmick decks because they don't get blizzcon points this season or decks that play themselves. Thinking about it it's basically Blizzard's fault for this since there are really aren't really any more ladder-viable complex decks.

I still only tune into Zetalot, Mr. Yagut, Kolento, and Strifecro in that order. Actually, BMKibler as well.

Zetalot because he's completely devoted to Priest. Watching his stream is painful sometimes though because he gets so frustrated with the class at times.

Mr. Yagut because he (and BMKibler, to some degree) usually play something a little different. MY has been focusing more on his Oil Rogue lately though.

Kolento because he's good at almost everything he plays. I don't see him play a lot of Priest or Rogue though, which is depressing because it means they aren't really worth his time.

Strifecro is probably not the best player (though he's really, really good,) but I like how he thinks outloud so you can see his line of play while he outlines others. He also seems like a genuine dood.

Every once in a blue moon, I'll turn into Reynad, because he's a really good player. I can't stand the chat or the format with his followers paying for voiced messages though.

It'd be nice if more players played Rogue and Priest - the two classes I'm most interested in, but it is what it is. I feel like Rogue will continue to get some attention at least for another two to four weeks as people tune Raptor and start working on a new form of Tempo Rogue with Tomb Pillagers (or maybe even a new mech rogue with Gorillabot?)

Dahbomb

Forsen still is a pretty good player if he wanted to but right now HS is a money making machine for him. Thing is that he knows that the best way to make money is to promote the dank stream monster stuff. I respect the hustle of course.

When streamers want to try hard and really climb the ranks, they don't stream. They get stream sniped really easily and it just makes it hard for them. When they aren't in try hard they play their fun decks.

KuroNeeko

Forsen still is a pretty good player if he wanted to but right now HS is a money making machine for him. Thing is that he knows that the best way to make money is to promote the dank stream monster stuff. I respect the hustle of course.

When streamers want to try hard and really climb the ranks, they don't stream. They get stream sniped really easily and it just makes it hard for them. When they aren't in try hard they play their fun decks.

I like how the really good players, especially in Arena, can tell when they're being Stream Sniped. They'll be like, "Why would he play that like that, unless he knows what's in my hand?"

bord

Neo Member
With 30 mins to spare, I made it!

I came across a Control Hunter, several Mill Rogues, a Face Warrior and a Fatigue Mage along the way. I actually lost a few of these by mulliganing incorrectly but at least the games were fun

Renolock and Secret Paladin were the most common decks on the way up + a few druids, not as many today compared to the last couple of days though.

KuroNeeko

Man, Gold Mulch and even the Aspirant, look so good!

I got the Rank 13 chest and ended the season at Rank 15 (top 30%.)
Gold Healing Wave and Defias Ringleader - I'm not complaining!

I can't believe Rank 15 is top 30%. I guess if you look at it that way, it's not that bad.
Going to shoot for Rank 10 next month. I always want to go for 5, but it's never possible.

I plan on playing mostly Rogue, with maybe some Priest and even Warlock sprinkled in.

Only about 100 dust away from my next Legendary. I'm planning on getting Sylvanas, but I'd be lying if I didn't think Malygos and Malganis both look really fun. lol

Rank 5

golden silence
golden UTH
Golden Sword of Justice

Also went 12-2 last night with a Tirion drafted deck and got 515 gold, it was a good day.

Top Bottom