• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

Yea I don't know man seems like everyone I know get to at least 5. I just don't see how maybe a lot of people just play like 1 ladder game then stop so skew numbers. Or maybe they count the people that don't do any ladder at all too.
There are a crap ton of casual HS players. Even those who just dailies aren't as many as the people who just play once in a while when they are bored.

bord

Neo Member
Legend chest:
fs5vks0.jpg

Cogmaster's wrench is meh, but Power Overwhelming and Wrath are pretty nice.

Xanathus

There are a crap ton of casual HS players. Even those who just dailies aren't as many as the people who just play once in a while when they are bored.

They also probably include inactive accounts of people who played once when it first came out of beta.

ViviOggi

It is known but I still need to stress how utterly fucking boring and plebeian Paladin is, to the point that I'm now picking Warrior over it in arena.

KuroNeeko

I felt sort of bad about crafting my two MCs and the Tirion at first, but after auto-piloting ten ranks, I can't really say I regret it. Best crafts I've ever made, tbh.

Tirion is regarded as one of the best Legendaries in the game. With two MCs and Tiron, you can probably make the dust back from the rank rewards (at least the dust you spent on the epics) in a month or two.

MC

whats that

THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I played a total of like 5 hours of Grand Tournament, but I feel like the passion is back for this expansion. Is it just me or are single player adventurers the MUCH more prefered way for expansion packs?

Imo:

Naxx was insane, half our decks are still Naxx-filled.
GvG was crazy but you need the dollarz
BRM was really good
Grand Tournament was bad
League of Explorers so far is meta changing and awesome

Pooya

secret keeper
minibot
muster

EVERYTIME. It's so BS.

it's ok though I won all three with rogue. Oil rogue da best.

Lyng

secret keeper
minibot
muster

EVERYTIME. It's so BS.

it's ok though I won all three with rogue. Oil rogue da best.

I have yet to loose against secret pally with my raptor deck aswell. (and none of the wins have been from the other player having dc)

I got a golden shadowbomber....really game -__-

No deck needs Anub'arak cause it's a bad card...

Sylvanas + shieldslam, gg.

You don't play anubarak until sylvanas has been dealt with anyway.

Anubarak is actually a really great card. If your opponent is out of silences, it is probably GG. And since you're running several other deathrattles, there is a high chance they'll use their silence by the time anubarak hits the board.

I'mma start running Skulker, which is awesome against Paladin, but SUCKS against Nerubian Egg.

I might run skulker as well. The deck I am running (and it appears to be somewhat popular in raptor rogue in general although I don't agree with that) is not running blade flurry so the deck gets a lot less out of spell power than other rogue decks. So I might replace an azure drake with a skulker.

Since I am also running a less aggressive version, I don't necessarily need as much card draw either.

Pooya

You don't play anubarak until sylvanas has been dealt with anyway.

Anubarak is actually a really great card. If your opponent is out of silences, it is probably GG. And since you're running several other deathrattles, there is a high chance they'll use their silence by the time anubarak hits the board.

So don't play Sylvanas until Anub'arak is dealt with? :p

In case of CW, I don't think they NEED to play Sylvanas earlier. Overall I don't think you need Anub'arak, for a tempo/midrange deck I feel it's bad. Against faster decks it's not any good, you just use your entire turn to play it, and then it's either sapped or hex'd or whatever, even Aldor on it isn't good for you, 9 mana is a lot. If you want to wait it out, it can sit in your hand like entire game or it can be too late. Maybe the card isn't that awful but I'm not convinced it's a consistently useful one. It sure is fun when it works.

jgminto

Anub'arak seems like one of those cards in a weird spot where costing 1 Mana less might make it too good. 8 Mana probably would have been fine pre-LoE but alongside the Raptor that's an amazing effect, if you got Thaurissan off on both Raptors you could Anub/Raptor two turns in a row once you've reached 10 mana. I'd still like to give it a shot once I get LoE, it's such a cool effect even if it's pricey.

Dragner

Im enjoying midrange paladin right now, using blindly tempostorm list and so far Im 5-0 vs Secret Paladin, 2-1 vs Tempo Mage (only lost 2 topdeck fireball into topdeck frostbolt no cards in hand), 3-0 vs Control Warrior 0-3 vs Druid (good draws vs regular to mediocre from me), 2-0 vs raptor rogue, 1-3 vs Face Hunter, 2-0 vs Dragon Priest, 1-2 vs renolock (always reno BabyRage), 3-0 vs zoolock/flood zoolock. Not bad.

Pooya

ok, I play raptor. Opponent emotes, "I will be your death", then ropes. then nothing. next turn fast rope.

Was he DC'd? feelsbadman.

Auctopus

Is anyone else missing their Ranked rewards? I unlocked the chest, it showed me what I had then it's not in my collection and neither is my cardback.

Raytow

ok, I play raptor. Opponent emotes, "I will be your death", then ropes. then nothing. next turn fast rope.

Was he DC'd? feelsbadman.
Congrats you scumwon, it seems it happens on people not playing on pc, when are they going to fix that broken pos, card is even worse than nozdormu.

Haunted

Man, early in the season it's just concede city once I weather the first couple turns and stabilise as control warrior. Just had a Hunter concede at literally full health on turn 8.

Rarely anyone lets me play out the game. :( Going to stop for now and play in a couple days when the worst rushers have calmed down.

Dragner

Man, early in the season it's just concede city once I weather the first couple turns and stabilise as control warrior. Just had a Hunter concede at literally full health on turn 8.

Rarely anyone lets me play out the game. :( Going to stop for now and play in a couple days when the worst rushers have calmed down.

For a hunter is more efficient to concede and play another game that wait to the warrior to kill him when they are not going to win no matter what.

Dragner

And that hunter is ranking up much faster than the warrior player so who's the real winner here?

That aggro players are rewarded by this ladder system is no secret. Getting to legend is a race to play the more games you can. The slower your deck is the better player you need to be to keep up because you cant jam a game each 5 minutes with a fatigue warrior deck.

Lyng

That aggro players are rewarded by this ladder system is no secret. Getting to legend is a race to play the more games you can. The slower your deck is the better player you need to be to keep up because you cant jam a game each 5 minutes with a fatigue warrior deck.

This is why the current ranking system sucks. It rewards having a ton of time over skill.

Pooya

Take away winstreak bonus unless you win each match with a different class!

say if you win 3 games back to back with warrior hunter paladin, you get bonus stars. probably increase it from what we have now too.

if you win 3 games back to back with paladin, no reward. Problem solved! Reaching legend will be meaningful then.

This discourages melting all the cards and pouring them in one class too, sorry f2ps.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Then you can play secret paladin, aggro shaman and disconnect rogue on a cycle!

Secret pally, aggro druid, aggro shaman, face hunter have been the opening matches to this month. Great game blizzard.

Dragner

I dare you to find any person with worse rng than me.

My last 10 piloted shredder drop:

4!!! Ancient watcher(2 in the same game)
1 Doomsayer(with board control on my side)
2 explosive sheep(playing paladin)
1 gnomish inventor
1 flame juggler (ok, not great)
1 kobold geomancer(ok, not great)

I dare you to find any person with worse rng than me.

My last 10 piloted shredder drop:

4!!! Ancient watcher(2 in the same game)
1 Doomsayer(with board control on my side)
2 explosive sheep(playing paladin)
1 gnomish inventor
1 flame juggler (ok, not great)
1 kobold geomancer(ok, not great)

I can't pull a Darnassus Aspirant from a pack, but my Shredders won't stop dropping them.

Top Bottom