• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

greepoman

Watching trump play aggro shaman and other face decks is hilarious. He can't help himself...trades unnecessarily every game and tries to do board control. "Would've had lethal if you just went face last turn" is the common refrain in chat. Passes turns with like 5 spells in hand and like 7 free mana saving for who knows what. Basically only takes chances when he's backed into a corner.

Maximo

Reno Jackson needs to be renamed Reno Skill, simply for the fact that you, as a player, require such immense skill in order to play a deck that involves getting healed for 50+ health. In fact, I'd actually say it's a life feat of strength, in such comparable fashion as to graduating and/or getting laid with a 7+/10 chick/dude. Take that into consideration every time you play that card, because he's that life-changing.

Man Hearthstone makes you salty.

jgminto

Watching trump play aggro shaman and other face decks is hilarious. He can't help himself...trades unnecessarily every game and tries to do board control. "Would've had lethal if you just went face last turn" is the common refrain in chat. Passes turns with like 5 spells in hand and like 7 free mana saving for who knows what. Basically only takes chances when he's backed into a corner.
That's why I can't play Face Hunter, my compulsion to trade is too strong.

I've come to the conclusing that I don't like Arena. Or it doesn't like me. Either way, it's the same. I get a crappy list of cards to pick from when everyone else is dropping great stuff on curve and legendaries. Where's my legendaries!?!

One other thing, while playing casual, I saw a Mage play Ice Block 3 times, and I thought there was a 2 card limit. Was trying to work out how it was possible, but I'm a bit of a noob at most decks so I guess I might be missing something blatent.

Or jeweled scarab or nexus champ saraad or that new one.

Just looked at some cards online. Thought it might've been Saraad when you said it as he played an ethereal lookin' fella, but it wasn't him. But if by that new one you mean this one...

27249.png

...he played him, must've been that. Cheers for the suggestions guys, thought I was going crazy.

jgminto

How important do you guys think Owl is for Mid Pally? I'm not running one in mine since I don't know what I'd cut for it.

How important do you guys think Owl is for Mid Pally? I'm not running one in mine since I don't know what I'd cut for it.

Of course. Well if you post your deck list maybe we can help. Keeper of the Uladaman is like a mini silence though. Kind of cool it can buff your minions or turn their bigs into a 3-3. Sometimes you just don't have Aldor or BGH for Dr.7 and well he can save the day. But I still have an Owl.

Dr. boom with sacred trial = dr. boom dies because supposedly battlecry minions hit the board first.

The outcome that doesn't happen, which arguably could happen, is that sacred trial only triggers when dr. boom is the fouth minion played. When played with 1 minion on board already, it wouldn't kill anything because the boom bots are not played but summoned and sacred trial requires played.

Dr. Boom with mirror entity = Boom bots supposedly hit the field first but dr. boom is copied because mirror entity copies minions that are played and not summoned.

Only arguably correct outcome.

Dr. Boom + boom bots killed by AOE with redemption = Dr. boom is revived despite boom bots supposedly hitting the board first.**

What should happen according to people who've explained away the rules by observation is that the boom bot hits the board first (because battlecries happen first), therefore redemption should trigger on one of the boom bots. Or maybe because they hit the field at the same time, the target should be random. But it is not random in other scenarios, right?

**According to thatsadmirable over twitter. If accurate, I think this presents some problems.

Remember, before you call the redemption interaction a bug, you're only doing so because it doesn't fit rules constructed by observer-able interactions and not necessarily 100% accurate conclusions. It might be a bug... or it could be a misinterpretation of the rules or even something else.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I was playing my control rogue and was up against a reincarnate shaman who was BMing me non stop. I was generally ignoring him.

Then he plays an Earth Elemental, and puts two copies of that spell that gives it a deathrattle to resummon itself on it, and well playeds me.

lol, sap, "Sorry about that"

Two turns later, after BMing a few more times in between, he Kelthuzads and Reincarnates onto an empty board and well played again.

lol, sabotage, sabotage, "The pleasure is mine"

So sometimes I kind of like when they BM me :)

Played against a Paladin with my highlander Brannadin last night. S/he "justice demands retribution!"'d me on turn one. I never taunt first or reply, but every other turn, more BM.

I silently outplay the fucker into fatigue, draining their life slowly, and finally lock them out of any more moves beyond HP. They "mistake!" me a few turns before - when I doom them, I thank them. When they concede, I say...

"Justice demands retribution!"

Fuck you SneakyDee #nobodygivesashit, you got seriously outplayed. So satisfying.

jgminto

Of course. Well if you post your deck list maybe we can help. Keeper of the Uladaman is like a mini silence though. Kind of cool it can buff your minions or turn their bigs into a 3-3. Sometimes you just don't have Aldor or BGH for Dr.7 and well he can save the day. But I still have an Owl.

jnjCV1C.png

This is my current decklist right now, will probably sub a Keeper somewhere once I get LoE.

jnjCV1C.png

This is my current decklist right now, will probably sub a Keeper somewhere once I get LoE.

I think six 5-drops is a bit much. I say drop a quarter/belch (base on your preference). A lot of midrange decks also pick between Trueheart/Slyvanas. You have both but I think that's perfectly fine. You could also cut one true silver. You already have weapons in 2muster, Cog and off Dr.8.

BRM is the most useless adventure ever. There's less then 10 cards that is actually used.

It is really closer to 14-15 cards that are used, with that number going up with expansions. For a 31ish card set, its pretty good. What you don't see are cards that fit into a wide variety of decks I guess.

BTW, anyone know if skulker + brann deals 4 damage despite the non-damaged text requirement? After all, sometimes in the past effects still hit even after the target is no longer valid (like shadowword death on spellbender).

All the way down in Wing 4.

Welp. Don't listen to me then. LoE it is.

It is really closer to 14-15 cards that are used, with that number going up with expansions. For a 31ish card set, its pretty good. What you don't see are cards that fit into a wide variety of decks I guess.

BTW, anyone know if skulker + brann deals 4 damage despite the non-damaged text requirement? After all, sometimes in the past effects still hit even after the target is no longer valid (like shadowword death on spellbender).

Skulker will trigger twice. It doesn't do 4 dmg, it will pop divine shields then do it again though.

jgminto

I think six 5-drops is a bit much. I say drop a quarter/belch (base on your preference). A lot of midrange decks also pick between Trueheart/Slyvanas. You have both but I think that's perfectly fine. You could also cut one true silver. You already have weapons in 2muster, Cog and off Dr.8.

Truesilver is so good though. I probably will cut a Sludge, I feel like it's pretty easy to get value on both Quartermasters with Muster+Justicar.

Hycran

Banned

This is why he never wins tournaments and never does well in blizzcon-esque qualifiers. He can't see the forest for the trees and is a coward. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player, but he just doesnt have the personality or fortitude to make the plays necessary to succeed. People like to shit on Kripp a lot, but he will take extremely dangerous lines that, in retrospect, are really the only way to win. Just because he doesnt win doesnt mean it wasnt the right play.

Truesilver is so good though. I probably will cut a Sludge, I feel like it's pretty easy to get value on both Quartermasters with Muster+Justicar.

It is but you're not cutting both! Lol I mean it doesn't really matter to be honest. Midrange Paladin is Midrange Paladin. As long as you have the key cards you can get legendary.. Most people decks are different in the 4-5-6 drops but 1-2-3, and 7-8 is exactly the same for everyone.

This is why he never wins tournaments and never does well in blizzcon-esque qualifiers. He can't see the forest for the trees and is a coward. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player, but he just doesnt have the personality or fortitude to make the plays necessary to succeed. People like to shit on Kripp a lot, but he will take extremely dangerous lines that, in retrospect, are really the only way to win. Just because he doesnt win doesnt mean it wasnt the right play.

You almost make it sound like kripp and trump are in the same ballpark. But they really aren't.

I don't agree with you about trump not being capable of spotting plays and making them to succeed. He is actually very good at constructed. He surely isn't perfect but he'll learn from his mistakes. Meanwhile kripp blames rng or whatever salty thing crosses his mind.

squidyj

Dr. boom with sacred trial = dr. boom dies because supposedly battlecry minions hit the board first.

The outcome that doesn't happen, which arguably could happen, is that sacred trial only triggers when dr. boom is the fouth minion played. When played with 1 minion on board already, it wouldn't kill anything because the boom bots are not played but summoned and sacred trial requires played.

Dr. Boom with mirror entity = Boom bots supposedly hit the field first but dr. boom is copied because mirror entity copies minions that are played and not summoned.

Only arguably correct outcome.

Dr. Boom + boom bots killed by AOE with redemption = Dr. boom is revived despite boom bots supposedly hitting the board first.**

What should happen according to people who've explained away the rules by observation is that the boom bot hits the board first (because battlecries happen first), therefore redemption should trigger on one of the boom bots. Or maybe because they hit the field at the same time, the target should be random. But it is not random in other scenarios, right?

**According to thatsadmirable over twitter. If accurate, I think this presents some problems.

Remember, before you call the redemption interaction a bug, you're only doing so because it doesn't fit rules constructed by observer-able interactions and not necessarily 100% accurate conclusions. It might be a bug... or it could be a misinterpretation of the rules or even something else.

i don't think you can argue the first because it doesn't matter how OTHER minions come into the battlefield, only that there are 4 on the field when boom enters play and that he himself has been played from hand.

As for the final interaction I suppose it depends on when cards are placed into that 'stack' vs when they actually enter play. A plausible sequence of events is laid out below.

Code:
playFromHand(Card c)
{
	pushToStack(c);
	c.battlecry();
	play(c);
}

bord

Neo Member

It's not essential, and if you're doing okay without it there's really no need to put it in.
I got to legend without it and didn't feel that I needed it at any point.

jnjCV1C.png

Keeper is ridiculously good -- you'll probably want to be running 2 once you get LoE.

jgminto

In the middle of the gold grind right now.

You probably had a full board due to the Whelps.

I'm running midrange right now too. Same as you minus 1 quarter, trueheart, 1 truesilver, and murloc. Instead of those 4 I have 1 more zombie, 2 keeper and ironbeak.

Just had a game where I had full board control but only 4 HP. Mage has nothing and is looking to top deck a FB. Instead he top decks a secret and plays it. What he doesn't realize is I'm holding a Zombie Chow in my hand. LOL auto concede.

i don't think you can argue the first because it doesn't matter how OTHER minions come into the battlefield, only that there are 4 on the field when boom enters play and that he himself has been played from hand.

Some argue that since dr. boom hits the field first, that it should not count as the fourth minion for sacred trial. I feel like that is a valid argument. And if redemption does count it as the minion that hits the field first, I don't think it makes sense for dr. boom to be counted as the fourth minion to hit the field. It is the only valid target for sacred trial but that also doesn't make sense for it to auto-target the only valid target when a fourth minion is played.

I don't think it is necessarily something that must be addressed, but its just another weird interaction in a growing list of weird interactions. I still would rather see si7 agent not get copied when it kill a mad scientist that brings in mirror entity. I still think that is bullshit that I've merely come to accept as reality.

squidyj

Some argue that since dr. boom hits the field first, that it should not count as the fourth minion for sacred trial. I feel like that is a valid argument. And if redemption does count it as the minion that hits the field first, I don't think it makes sense for dr. boom to be counted as the fourth minion to hit the field. It is the only valid target for sacred trial but that also doesn't make sense for it to auto-target the only valid target when a fourth minion is played.

I don't think it is necessarily something that must be addressed, but its just another weird interaction in a growing list of weird interactions. I still would rather see si7 agent not get copied when it kill a mad scientist that brings in mirror entity. I still think that is bullshit that I've merely come to accept as reality.

it's an interaction that is consistent with past experiences of battlecry interactions and is honestly fine. you're saying that minions that occur due to battlecries must logically be placed onto the stack before the minion that summoned them but there's literally no reason this has to be true.

jgminto

I'm running midrange right now too. Same as you minus 1 quarter, trueheart, 1 truesilver, and murloc. Instead of those 4 I have 1 more zombie, 2 keeper and ironbeak.

Just had a game where I had full board control but only 4 HP. Mage has nothing and is looking to top deck a FB. Instead he top decks a secret and plays it. What he doesn't realize is I'm holding a Zombie Chow in my hand. LOL auto concede.
I don't think I could part with Murloc Knight, it can snowball like no other card in the late game and it's still decent if you need to play it on curve.

KuroNeeko

I still would rather see si7 agent not get copied when it kill a mad scientist that brings in mirror entity. I still think that is bullshit that I've merely come to accept as reality.

Wow, does that really happen?

Reminds me of the LIFO stuff we had to deal with in the early days of Magic. I don't mind either way, but they need to be consistent about their rules if they want the "sport" to be taken seriously.

I don't think I could part with Murloc Knight, it can snowball like no other card in the late game and it's still decent if you need to play it on curve.

CURSE YOU, MURLOC KNIGHT!

YOU BELONG IN SHAMAN! SHAMAN, I TELL YOU!

Tarazet

I got Renoed by a Hunter, never expected that in a million years. I had lost board control already as aggro hunter, so chances of winning were slim, but that just made me shake my head. Played it out to see what happened and it turned into Wallet Hunter after that.

Won a couple games with good old reliable Warlock murloc deck for that daily, then tried out the LBYS aggro mage list. Pretty cheap, kind of a facey version of Freeze with a similar difficulty level.. but every game it seemed like Ice Block was right on the top of my deck and I wanted it to be at the bottom so the Mad Scientist could do his job. Still won a lot against all sorts of different meta decks.

LBYS_Aggro_Mage.png

bjaelke

It is a problem with the way board clears are codes. They don't just kill all minions simultaneously. Some will kill in order of play thus triggering redemption on the first played minion while others will start with the last minion played. That's why you get the inconsistency between Dr. Boom and Redemption.

Top Bottom