• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

That card is alright problem is that it's still not actual card draw which Hunters desperately need. Just another RNG based value card.

ViviOggi

Ball of Spiders + Infest combo

Pachimari

I'm getting worried with people not liking it, why is that? I really hope this will be a game that will last me a while unlike other games I drop within an hour.

Owzers

I'm getting worried with people not liking it, why is that? I really hope this will be a game that will last me a while unlike other games I drop within an hour.
Some of the cards/match ups get annoying, that's why people want standard mode to change things up a little.

fertygo

If you like it enough I recommend you to buy adventure set to reduce the grinding and frustation playing with no staple card at beginning.

I realized what makes that Tentacles for Arms card so uninteresting even as a value player with a love for endless cards like myself. It needs an additional effect on the board beyond the weapon. Something like "When you kill a minion with this weapon, create a 1/1 Wormling".

People often struggle with the whole while admiring the parts. Personally, I'm very happy with the game so far. Being able to hit rank 6 (so close to 5!) with the most fun deck I have ever played is very satisfying to me.

While the game has a lot of BS, I enjoy the play-out of the game more because it doesn't have artifacts and enchantments like MtG, which are annoying to deal with. I still go back-and-forth on whether I like creatures being attack-able. I'm fine with most of the games RNG...except for getting Cho from Shredder. Max salt when that happens. I think the key to handling the RNG is to always assume the worst. Then, when the worst doesn't happen, you're elated.

To me, the main problem is a lack of interesting card mechanics. This next set isn't looking too special, and most of the cool stuff is going to Wild.

Also, it's right before the expansion of a game. A BLIZZARD game, at that. Negative sentiment is always riding high.

fertygo

I think New player like me, kars, and Madrid won't understand the "frustration" of older player lol

I do personally frustrated can't climbing the ladder because currently trapped in awkward state must playing against those OP staple card from Naxx/GVG but I still kinda sad those card rotated out before I have decent time putting hand on it.

I'd like playing current zoolock, control warrior priest with their staple card like voidcaller/implosion, deathbite, etc, there's a lot of BS card but a lot of cool thing is gone without replacement.

I think New player like me, kars, and Madrid won't understand the "frustration" of older player lol

I do personally frustrated can't climbing the ladder because currently trapped in awkward state must playing against those OP staple card from Naxx/GVG but I still kinda sad those card rotated out before I have decent time putting hand on it.

I'd like playing current zoolock, control warrior priest with their staple card like voidcaller/implosion, deathbite, etc, there's a lot of BS card but a lot of cool thing is gone without replacement.
What rank are you, and what decks do you have?

Apathy

I just realized an early May release is going to class with overwatch early access. Damn you blizzard, why would you ever make me pick

fertygo

What rank are you, and what decks do you have?

I don't have enough card to build specific deck currently so I play some unoptimized ass Warlock with Jaraxxus and double molten lol

I'll buy BRM with money next month, so hopefully I can play zoo or incomplete Dragon Priest to can be more competitive

I only reach 2 wing at LoE for my adventure set.

I don't have enough card to build specific deck currently so I play some unoptimized ass Warlock with Jaraxxus and double molten lol

I'll buy BRM with money next month, so hopefully I can play zoo or incomplete Dragon Priest to can be more competitive

I only reach 2 wing at LoE for my adventure set.
How much dust do you have? I bet you could make my Hybrid Hunter deck that I got to rank 5 with.

fertygo

How much dust do you have? I bet you could make my Hybrid Hunter deck that I got to rank 5 with.

I play Hybrid hunter before this and get around to rank 12 before, I already crafted some staple card with double Highmane and freezing trap, so I actually solid.. I don't have Snake Trap tho

I refuse to go back with Hunter tho because Blizz refuse to give me Leper Gnome in my pack, no way I craft frigging Leper Gnome also I'm kinda tired with its lack of draw mechanic and kinda braindead playstyle. I think I'm gonna being patience in assembly my library to play with deck that involving trading.

thing gonna improving after I get more adventure set I hope

I play Hybrid hunter before this and get around to rank 12 before, I already crafted some staple card with double Highmane and freezing trap, so I actually solid.. I don't have Snake Trap tho

I refuse to go back with Hunter tho because Blizz refuse to give me Leper Gnome in my pack, no way I craft frigging Leper Gnome also I'm kinda tired with its lack of draw mechanic and kinda braindead playstyle. I think I'm gonna being patience in assembly my library to play with deck that involving trading.

thing gonna improving after I get more adventure set I hope
Alright. I got to rank 5 without the Snake Trap, just double Freezing. Leper Gnome will get nerfed soon, so you would make your dust back once Standard hits anyway. Up to you!

fertygo

http://i.imgur.com/WEP6UMQ.png

Leeroy Jenkins wasn't in there when I got to rank 5. I had a second Eaglehorn in the deck instead, so he isn't necessary. I just got tired of the game giving me Eaglehorn x2 in my opening hand. :p

I kinda doubting whether to get Naxx or not at this point, I have 200 gold now and maybe can buy one wing with 7 bucks so I can get 2 wing early of next month..I can ignore the rest of wing, looking to the reward list (altho I gonna missing Belcher) but other side of me kinda want to just grind for the rest LoE so can be done for Adventure and can start grinding pack again. Let see what I'll decide

Acerac

Banned
I kinda doubting whether to get Naxx or not at this point, I have 200 gold now and maybe can buy one wing with 7 bucks so I can get 2 wing early of next month..I can ignore the rest of wing, looking to the reward list (altho I gonna missing Belcher) but other side of me kinda want to just grind for the rest LoE so can be done for Adventure and can start grinding pack again. Let see what I'll decide

It really comes down to whether or not you'll want to play Wild, because Naxx will be absolutely full of Wild staples for years down the line.

Mad Scientist will never be anything but broken.

Tacitus_

Standard will drop in a month or so, so I wouldn't fret that much about getting Naxx unless you really want those cards for Wild.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ZealousD, if you see this post, I sent you a PM asking, if we could get the Discord channel featured in the OP.

Yeah sorry. I saw it on mobile and meant to update it when I got home, but I forgot.

I'm new to this app. Is there an instant invite link you can share or something?

fertygo

bah I misremember, Belcher is 2nd wing reward

but Mad Scientist is on 4th wing.. yeah I don't know if its worth it

Dat Loatheb doe ;_;

bah I misremember, Belcher is 2nd wing reward

but Mad Scientist is on 4th wing.. yeah I don't know if its worth it

Dat Loatheb doe ;_;
You can buy the first wing so you can buy the rest whenever you want. You can also just craft cards like mad scientist and other specific cards you need(unless you want Loatheb in which case I advise to just grind the gold).

fertygo

You can buy the first wing so you can buy the rest whenever you want. You can also just craft cards like mad scientist and other specific cards you need(unless you want Loatheb in which case I advise to just grind the gold).

I can craft whatever adventure card after I get the first wing?

ABSOLUTELY get one wing now, because they are making it unavailable later on down the road if you don't have at least one wing.

Fuzzery

The difference with cult is if they remove it you don't get to draw, so you have to play if the turn after you get your minions on board, to be safe. With this, you can give them the buff immediately

Top Bottom