• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think part of your MMR is how often you have used a hero or deck archetype, I'm not sure which. I go on amazing streaks whenever I make a new REAL deck for the first time for a class, and then it never happens again.

My Hunter is lvl 55 with 285 ranked wins. Not exactly a hero I'm using for the first time.

KuroNeeko

The only thing I don't like about Thistle Tea is that it's rare instead of common. I want it in gold.
I don't know if Rogue is going to get better, but it still looks like a lot of fun!

Priest are going to love this card.

LET ME CHANGE YOUR MIND!
I can't wait to Shadow Madness this thing, my fingers are itching just thinking about it.

Dahbomb

We're at 60 cards revealed, about half way there.

Getting close to when they do the full card dump. I really hope we get that nerf list soon, very hard to evaluate these cards without a nerf list to go along with it.

Apathy

Getting close to when they do the full card dump. I really hope we get that nerf list soon, very hard to evaluate these cards without a nerf list to go along with it.

If that leaked date of the 26th being the release date is true, it'll be 2 weeks. It took them this long to do half, so a dump has to come soon. Specially with this being the last week of the streamer cards. So starting next Tuesday they won't have more votes for cards and it'll be exactly 1 week to that possible release date.

I'm feeling a bit excited about Rogue, personally, but I think their Hero Power kind of holds them back in this game. You just take so much damage playing the class compared to anything else. There are only two hero powers that you have to think about dying as a result of, and the Warlock one is infinitely better than the Rogue one.

I totally get that it is the best tempo power in the game, but I'm not confident that it's worth it in this game. The freest class for me is Rogue.

*braces for fire*

I just want to know the BGH nerf. Anything else is whatever.

Dahbomb

Rogue hero power does suck in the late game but early game it's amazing.

In the late game you can use cards like Sideshow Spelleater or Sir Finley to gain a new hero power. Whatever you get is bound to be better than yours in the late game.

I think that Shadowpower Rogue card might be a new hero power ability. Paladins got one already so it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Rogue hero power does suck in the late game but early game it's amazing.

In the late game you can use cards like Sideshow Spelleater or Sir Finley to gain a new hero power. Whatever you get is bound to be better than yours in the late game.

I think that Shadowpower Rogue card might be a new hero power ability. Paladins got one already so it's not out of the realm of possibilities.
Maybe your attacks render you immune a la Gladiator's Longbow. That would be pretty sweet and fit the class. Rogue would undoubtedly become my main with THAT card.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If that leaked date of the 26th being the release date is true, it'll be 2 weeks. It took them this long to do half, so a dump has to come soon. Specially with this being the last week of the streamer cards. So starting next Tuesday they won't have more votes for cards and it'll be exactly 1 week to that possible release date.

Nah, if the leaked date is true we're two weeks away from release which means likely one week or so away from nerf announcement. It could conceivably be this Thursday since they've had big reveals the last several Thursdays.

I think Rogue is my least favorite class to play right now, aside from the fact that I'm bad at it the cards also don't interest me at all. Also prep should be a basic card, why is Sprint one?

I've also barely played Priest but that's mostly because I just don't have the cards to play a reasonable deck.

Tarazet

I personally find Dread Corsair to be tremendously overrated.

I do, too, but not in Patron. Use the first charge of Death's Bite on turn 4. Then on turn 5, drop a Dread Corsair, then a Grim Patron and use the other charge. Or if you're playing against Priest or Paladin, keep the last charge so you don't get raped by a board clear. Either way it's a pretty big turn.

Most of them are bad anyway. Prep is the only one that you actually need, but you absolutely need it to make anything other than Deathrattle Rogue work.
I really want to make an Anub'arak deck. Definitely my style of play.

I've played for longer than that without a single Prep.
Right now you can go Raptor, Mech, Mill, or Aggro Rogue without needing any Preps.
I'd be curious to see the deck you use and how far you make it in ladder each season with it.

I have the Classic Rogue deck with a few upgrades, but nothing that would let me play Rogue for real.

Ridli

I think Rogue is my least favorite class to play right now, aside from the fact that I'm bad at it the cards also don't interest me at all. Also prep should be a basic card, why is Sprint one?

I've also barely played Priest but that's mostly because I just don't have the cards to play a reasonable deck.

Blizz has stated that card complexity can be a factor for assigning rarity. A brand new player may not understand the limitations and power of prep, such as the famous prep, coin, concede meme. However sprint is very unambiguous, pay mana, get cards.

This kind of thinking got a little sidetracked with adventures and expansions, but you can see it a lot more in the classic/basic set. Stuff like Giants have complicated interactions with health/hand/board states and are epic. Cards which have special effects but otherwise straightforward are rare (knife juggler, sunfury, and such).

There are exceptions sure, but very few common cards have complex interactions.

KuroNeeko

I haven't really played as much since LoE dropped, but aggro shaman Finleying druid hero power took me completely by surprise. Gross!

Man, Gentle Rodriguez, if you play Warrior or Paladin, then we're like, complete opposites. Priest, followed by Rogue, is my most played class.

how much do you guys play casual vs ranked?

I've never played on Casual before.

Dahbomb

I'd be curious to see the deck you use and how far you make it in ladder each season with it.

I have the Classic Rogue deck with a few upgrades, but nothing that would let me play Rogue for real.
I have made Rank 5 with Raptor Rogue in the past, without much issue in fact.

It's a straight forward minion tempo deck. Sometimes you get god curve with Nerubian Egg into Raptor then steam roll out of control. I run Cold Blood and Defender of Argus for Egg activators. Curve goes: One drop (Leper Gnome or Clockwork Gnome), Nerubian Egg/Haunted Creeper, SI7/Harvest Golem, Shredder, Belcher, Sylvanas/Piloted Sky Golem, Dr Balanced. The rest is the usual Rogue staples like Backstab, Eviscerate, SI7 I also have Dark Iron Skulkers in there for the clutch board control.

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-raptor-deathrattle-tempo-rogue-loe-deck

This is what I use only I don't use Fan of Knives I use Dark Iron Skulkers and I use 1 drops instead of Loot Hoarders.

Dart

What rank is everyone at? I'm at 8 right now struggling with Tempo Mage and Ramp Druid and the occasional Secredin

I have made Rank 5 with Raptor Rogue in the past, without much issue in fact.

It's a straight forward minion tempo deck. Sometimes you get god curve with Nerubian Egg into Raptor then steam roll out of control. I run Cold Blood and Defender of Argus for Egg activators. Curve goes: One drop (Leper Gnome or Clockwork Gnome), Nerubian Egg/Haunted Creeper, SI7/Harvest Golem, Shredder, Belcher, Sylvanas/Piloted Sky Golem, Dr Balanced. The rest is the usual Rogue staples like Backstab, Eviscerate, SI7 I also have Dark Iron Skulkers in there for the clutch board control.

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-raptor-deathrattle-tempo-rogue-loe-deck

This is what I use only I don't use Fan of Knives I use Dark Iron Skulkers and I use 1 drops instead of Loot Hoarders.

As with most tempo decks, I'm missing the godlike legendaries. -_-

still, it's an interesting idea.

I thought Deathrattle rogue was all about bouncing the raptors back and forth to get huge Leper Gnome procs?

What rank is everyone at? I'm at 8 right now struggling with Tempo Mage and Ramp Druid and the occasional Secredin
14, but I haven't played Ranked in a week.

greepoman

That feeling when druid charges you turn 8 telegraphing he's gonna combo you next only to drop Loatheb yourself and lock him out...sogood.gif

Gonna miss you loatheb. That is if they ever release wotg/standard.

Dahbomb

As with most tempo decks, I'm missing the godlike legendaries. -_-

still, it's an interesting idea.

I thought Deathrattle rogue was all about bouncing the raptors back and forth to get huge Leper Gnome procs?
Oh hell no that's a Trolden tier gimmick.

This deck just plays like a standard HS minion based deck with the added bonus of having a god minion in Unearthed Raptor. There's no better minion in the game at the 3rd mana slot when the Raptor copies a Nerubian Egg/Shredder/Haunted Creeper/Sylvanas/Boom Bot/Thalnos/Loot Hoarder etc. Though Raptor by itself doesn't do everything... the deck is a bit slow compared to other decks you play online and it can get rolled over by decks that are just slightly faster than it.

And you don't need Thalnos in the deck, Loot Hoarder does the job well enough for this deck. You only need Sylvanas and Dr Balanced which are used in a lot of deck anyway and even "need" is a stretch, you can replace it with other stuff like Piloted Sky Golem if you want, get another Belcher in there etc.

ZealousD

And you don't need Thalnos in the deck, Loot Hoarder does the job well enough for this deck. You only need Sylvanas and Dr Balanced which are used in a lot of deck anyway and even "need" is a stretch, you can replace it with other stuff like Piloted Sky Golem if you want, get another Belcher in there etc.

People bust a nut over Sylvanas but Piloted Sky Golem is much better in that deck anyway. I've said this for awhile and if you check Kibler's list you'll see he agrees with me. She's a good card but I actually still think she's one of the most consistently overrated cards in the game.

Dahbomb

Sylvanas is good enough to include in a deck to weed out the bad players because in the history of HS it's one of the card that people consistently misplay against.

*Cue Artosis tries to execute own Sylvanas gif

Sky Golem is a fine choice in the deck.

ZealousD

I haven't seen anybody misplay against my Sylvanas's in a long ass time. I've just played against so many Priests and Warriors that can work with an empty board where a single shield slam or SW:D just makes her fizzle out and do nothing. Or they have a single minion like Shieldmaiden or Loatheb that just trades evenly with her.

She'd be a lot better if people started running Ragnaros in greater numbers again.

Owzers

13. Not sure I'll be able to muster up the motivation to push for 5. Might settle for 10 this month, or make a late push when Standard drops.

I got to 10 but have very little motivation to try to get to 5, i don't have the best of times doing so, i might give it a run with secret paladin but i always end up playing against a ton of priests and patron warriors. If i try with renolock, druids are just going to combo me into oblivion.

Sylvannas only gets played against me in two situations:
1) When I have only one big minion on the board, and I don't have any options but to ignore her and go face until she suicides into my big minion and takes it.
2) Brawl. :-(

Dahbomb

1) When I have only one big minion on the board, and I don't have any options but to ignore her and go face until she suicides into my big minion and takes it.
No Sylvanas Shadowflame?

I had a crazy game yesterday. It was me against another Renolock only that Renolock had Elise. Game went close to fatigue and he got the Golden Monkey out against my Jaraxxus.

Next turn he played Aviana into Varian Wrynn and summoned a whole bunch of stuff. I Sylvanas Shadow Flamed his board of Legendaries and stole his Malygos. He conceded the game LMAO!

No Sylvanas Shadowflame?

I had a crazy game yesterday. It was me against another Renolock only that Renolock had Elise. Game went close to fatigue and he got the Golden Monkey out against my Jaraxxus.

Next turn he played Aviana into Varian Wrynn and summoned a whole bunch of stuff. I Sylvanas Shadow Flamed his board of Legendaries and stole his Malygos. He conceded the game LMAO!
My decks are usually too fast for a turn 9 play like that. I usually get wiped around turn 6 or 7 with a giant + Shadowflame.

Schnauzer

Sylvanus is a huge tech card.

If a dragon priest fights other dragon priests, Sylvanus becomes the game changer. I use it when I hit the point of the latter with more control.

Basically all my Reno decks user her. She's also great in traditional handlock decks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Sylvanus is weaker than a lot of people make out, there are a large number of board states where she isn't a good play.

I think Sylvanus is weaker than a lot of people make out, there are a large number of board states where she isn't a good play.
Having a board state where a card shouldn't be played doesn't make it less good. What matters is how often there is a board state where the card is a good play, and I think Sylvannas has a lot of those. Not as many as Dr. Boom, but still many.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sylvannas is still my favorite card in the sense that you can see some people misplay horribly against it.

And syl -> shadowflame will never not feel great.

fertygo

I kinda regretting crafting Ysera over Sylvannas

Getting super sap and board clear is great reward, other not so much,, nightmare can be dead card most of time, the Dragon is BGH target.. Laughing Sister is OK

Sylvannas can be included in more deck than Ysera too

KuroNeeko

I kinda regretting crafting Ysera over Sylvannas

Getting super sap and board clear is great reward, other not so much,, nightmare can be dead card most of time, the Dragon is BGH target.. Laughing Sister is OK

Sylvanas can be included in more deck than Ysera too

I love my Sylvanas. The only regret I have about crafting her is that I didn't craft her before Dr. Balanced.

My third crafted legendary was a really difficult decision between Justicar, Paletress, and Ysera. I ultimately went with Justicar because I could still Shrinkmeister → Cabal → Ysera. Sadly, those days are almost over... Ysera is NEXT on my list, but a golden Sylvanas (or Ysera) is probably my most wanted card in the game. A pair of golden Cabal Shadow Priests is probably next...

Dre

Sylvanas was my second legendary I crafted and sadly I opened her in a pack just 3 months after that. Blizzard must hate me because my luck with Classic legendaries is awful. For instance I already opened 3 Thalnos and I still miss Grommash, Antonidas, Ysera, Alexstrasza, Ragnaros and Jaraxxus.

Kitoro

Is Blizzard still on track to remove all or most of the Naxx adventure cards from the upcoming Standard play? Are they also removing the second adventue from Standard, too?

All I play in TCGs are standard, and I feel robbed having busted my butt getting through the Naxx wings to get all the cards just to see them essentially become useless.

Has Blizzard announced any compensation plan for those who bought this adventure, or are they still playing hardball in saying we can still use then in Wild mode, as if that's a good excuse?

If the latter, I'll probably just email Google for a refund of all my Hearthstone purchases and enjoy the other TCGs and mobile games in my life.

Top Bottom