• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What in the blue hell. I'm going against an actual silence Priest deck at rank 16 lol. Purify isn't even out yet...

Yeah, this is the first deck I went against a few minutes ago. Had priest of the feast, ressurect, blademaster, eerie statue, ancient watcher, etc.

Went about as well as you'd expect. The Feast Priest was surprisingly annoying though.

Yeah, this is the first deck I went against a few minutes ago. Had priest of the feast, ressurect, blademaster, eerie statue, ancient watcher, etc.

Went about as well as you'd expect. The Feast Priest was surprisingly annoying though.

I tried a deck like it before the expansion hit, just to see how well it might fair with purify. The results weren't bad. I decided to wait til purify, because priest actually needs that card draw, which is perhaps something people continually forget about. NSC is great but inconsistent af.

zoukka

Control Trap Hunter will not be a thing until Hunter gets better draws and heals.

A lot of the time people just rush this deck down because they know there is no heal. Not only that but Hunter can't even conjure up a heal from Lock n Load.

But Huntress is a tempo card -,-

Secrets in general aren't "value" cards, they generate tempo and with Huntress the swings can be huge (as they were with Scientist).

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I greatly improved my "control" huntress trap deck, to the point it actually started gaining me ranks 14 to 12. All it took was removing all the control cards to the point it's just midrange/tempo with spells instead of beasts. I really like the card draw mechanics of Ball of Spiders and Infest as a concept, but it's so bad tempo it only works against super control decks. I guess I can try one more time after Curator and the other hunter cards.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/606238-karazhan-week-1-trap-hunter

At least it's slow enough that it needs an additional finisher on top of Highmane and CotW against control decks. Is King Krush still considered bad for decks like this? Seems pretty comparable to Grom. Yogg would work too but I'm getting bored of Yogg.

On a separate subject, is anyone using Moroes yet? I want to use him, but haven't thought of anything but stuffing him awkwardly into Zoolock or Token Druid. Maybe I'll at least try that tomorrow.

I greatly improved my "control" huntress trap deck, to the point it actually started gaining me ranks 14 to 12. All it took was removing all the control cards to the point it's just midrange/tempo with spells instead of beasts.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/606238-karazhan-week-1-trap-hunter

At least it's slow enough that it needs an additional finisher on top of Highmane and CotW against control decks. Is King Krush still considered bad for decks like this? Seems pretty comparable to Grom. Yogg would work too but I'm getting bored of Yogg.

On a separate subject, is anyone using Moroes yet? I want to use him, but haven't thought of anything but stuffing him awkwardly into Zoolock or Token Druid. Maybe I'll at least try that tomorrow.

I tried in moroes paladin. I liked it. If he survived I hit him with keeper of uldaman. It wasn't bad tbh. I don't think it is worth putting in zoo or token druid. I think the type of deck you put him in is fatigue, but I guess I could be wrong there. But since fatigue kinda sucks (unless you're cthun warrior apparently), it probably won't work out well.

The worst that happened with moroes was swipe. And druid swiping on turn 4 is not the worst thing that can happen. Trading 1:1 is okay in my book.

ZeroX03

Banned
What in the blue hell. I'm going against an actual silence Priest deck at rank 16 lol. Purify isn't even out yet...

Priest the new top tier. Blizzard redeemed.

If your opponent is anything like a friend of mine, they probably just do all their testing in ranked and never touch casual.

zoukka

I tried in moroes paladin. I liked it. If he survived I hit him with keeper of uldaman. It wasn't bad tbh. I don't think it is worth putting in zoo or token druid. I think the type of deck you put him in is fatigue, but I guess I could be wrong there. But since fatigue kinda sucks (unless you're cthun warrior apparently), it probably won't work out well.

The worst that happened with moroes was swipe. And druid swiping on turn 4 is not the worst thing that can happen. Trading 1:1 is okay in my book.

Moroes could be less shitty if Warrior didn't exist with its whirlwind effects. And the ladder is 50% warrior.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Oh! So that's why there's so many divine shield paladins out there. I was confused about that.

Dahbomb

But Huntress is a tempo card -,-

Secrets in general aren't "value" cards, they generate tempo and with Huntress the swings can be huge (as they were with Scientist).
I don't disagree, I just think this whole playstyle of Lock n Load plus 10 secret decks aren't too hot without good draw and heals to assemble the combo pieces.

Sure throwing this card in a regular Hunter deck with a few secrets and Eaglehorn is acceptable. In fact, I expect it to see more play in Wild with Mad Scientist.

Black King at 1 health and I lose. I fucking hate this boss. You would think Blizzard would have learned better by now.

Requires you play 100% perfectly and get insanely lucky. Don't know why they thought it would be fun. Just going to be another boss nobody ever touches again.

zoukka

I don't disagree, I just think this whole playstyle of Lock n Load plus 10 secret decks aren't too hot without good draw and heals to assemble the combo pieces.

Sure throwing this card in a regular Hunter deck with a few secrets and Eaglehorn is acceptable. In fact, I expect it to see more play in Wild with Mad Scientist.

I liked Firebats face hunter yesterday. His curve topped at Infested Wolf.

Miletius

Tuned into Reynad for the first time in 3 months and he has spent 15 minutes shouting at his chat, mass purging and then telling people how much money he is worth. I am quite surprised he managed to get more unlikable.

That's why I won't watch streamers like him. And it's not that I dislike Reynad, I just dislike the environment that has grown up around him.

On topic -- tried out some N'zoth Paladin with Ivory Knights. Still kinda on the fence about it. I like the card, but I'm not sure it adds enough to really be worth it. Then again, a 3rd Equality or a 3rd Consecrate pretty much wrecks most decks in the game if you manage to pull it.

Also tried out Yogg and Load hunter with Huntress. Don't think it's quite there yet. Much like Secret Paladin (ugh), I think it's gonna take some time before people figure out which secrets are worth playing and which are not. For example, misdirect is not worth playing, even if you get it for free. Dart Trap is the same, although hilarious.

Well, only took a miracle but I finally beat heroic Black King. Won on the last possible turn with exact lethal. Thank god that's over with, hopefully that'll be the hardest of the adventure.

ekim

Is there any general card that can give all minions on the board deathrattle? Would be nice to have for my aggro warlock deck.

hat_hair

Is there any general card that can give all minions on the board deathrattle? Would be nice to have for my aggro warlock deck.

Are you specifically after Deathrattle, or just a benefit when they die? Because Cult Master effectively gives your minions Deathrattle: Draw a card.

ekim

Yes. He's currently 4-7 with his Discardlock deck, with two of those wins against other shitty discardlocks

Edit: He quit Discardlock after going 4-8

Have any link at hand? The official Hearthstone Twitch account is offline.

Are you specifically after Deathrattle, or just a benefit when they die? Because Cult Master effectively gives your minions Deathrattle: Draw a card.

Well that's pretty good. Just have to make sure to defend him. Maybe a divine shield somehow.

Papercuts

Got the heroic chess thing done on my first shot, that was really fun. Best PvE thing they've done yet.

Ladekabel

Oh yeah, not a single charge card in Karazhan. There wasn't one in The Old Gods either, right? Is Blizzard done with the mechanic except when we'll get a repeat of the Yu-Gi-Oh-Brawl?

cHinzo

Lol that priest deck from the class challenge. Used Barnes and it summoned a 1/1 Eerie Statue, which I purified and got a 7/7 back. :"D 10/11 stats for 6 OP!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
so it this worth picking up for a casual player?

i dont mind dropping $20 on useful Hunter cards and a fun SP adventure

Papercuts

Oh yeah, not a single charge card in Karazhan. There wasn't one in The Old Gods either, right? Is Blizzard done with the mechanic except when we'll get a repeat of the Yu-Gi-Oh-Brawl?

LoE didn't have any either IIRC, so it seem like it.

I'm glad they're still using Discover since it's the best mechanic they've added. Inspire and Joust also seem dead.

Apathy

Yes. He's currently 4-7 with his Discardlock deck, with two of those wins against other shitty discardlocks

Edit: He quit Discardlock after going 4-8

Too much RNG. It's the same reason resurrect priest will never be anything other than a joke. Until those mechanics let you pick what you want to resurrect/discard, the fact you can discard or not resurrect your win condition will always make it a joke. And the fact they will never let you do that means they'll never be real things. Like if resurrect or onyx bishop said "resurrect last minion that died" you could have some control and would probably make it better.

greepoman

I liked Firebats face hunter yesterday. His curve topped at Infested Wolf.

So that's a face hunter with huntress and secrets? Interesting. I watched a couple streams try to do huntress + secrets in both yogg and the more traditional hunter decks. You could win at low ranks but when you got higher it was really inconsistent. One thing for sure, top decking secrets or huntress in late game is awful (even by turn 6 or 7 it's bad if you don't have board. So yea I could see if you just tried to end the game faster it might go better.

Edit: Also seemed like the "xmas tree" scenario (where you play 3+ secrets turn 3) was more bad than good...you empty your hand and the enemy has a couple turns to stabilize then you're screwed without card draw. That's where MC shined...it thinned your deck so you more likely to topdeck good cards.

Moroes could be less shitty if Warrior didn't exist with its whirlwind effects. And the ladder is 50% warrior.

Yeah, I said pretty much the same before release. Oddly enough, everyone time I played moroes against warrior, they never had ravaging ghoul.

Arcane anomaly might've sleeper of the set

I tried it in priest and rogue. Seemed too high roller in priest and just okay in rogue, at least in the decks I played.

Pooya

I beat both heroic bosses with a patron warrior deck that ran every whirlwind effect in the game and grind them to fatigue. First try.

ZeroX03

Banned
Edit: Also seemed like the "xmas tree" scenario (where you play 3+ secrets turn 3) was more bad than good...you empty your hand and the enemy has a couple turns to stabilize then you're screwed without card draw. That's where MC shined...it thinned your deck so you more likely to topdeck good cards.

Nothing is ever going to top Mad Scientist for Face Hunter. Here's a free secret on a 2/2 body. And the secret is both offensive and defensive to boot.

Peléo

anybody pulled earth elemental off firelands yet?

I did. Tempo Mage VS Tempo Mage, I Firelanded his Water Elemental (I had Drake) summoned Venture Mercenary. He Firelanded my Mercenary and summoned his own. After, I pinged and Firelanded again to get Fire Elemental.

zoukka

So that's a face hunter with huntress and secrets? Interesting. I watched a couple streams try to do huntress + secrets in both yogg and the more traditional hunter decks. You could win at low ranks but when you got higher it was really inconsistent. One thing for sure, top decking secrets or huntress in late game is awful (even by turn 6 or 7 it's bad if you don't have board. So yea I could see if you just tried to end the game faster it might go better.

Huntress is not strong enough to build a deck around. It's good tempo for a tempo/face hunter if such a deck works at all.

Mad scientist was onbviously broken and I hope they never print a card like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom