• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huntress is not strong enough to build a deck around. It's good tempo for a tempo/face hunter if such a deck works at all.

Mad scientist was onbviously broken and I hope they never print a card like that again.
I think Trogg and Mana Wyrm are stronger than Mad Scientist, so I find it hard to get annoyed by him.

Zukuu

Banned
This dumb HC chess makes me quit Hearthstone forever, I can feel it. Seriously, I've been playing since closed beta almost everyday (with 2 two-month breaks) and done everything. HC adventures are basically the only reason I still play, along with the occasional spur of new enjoyment after new cards hit, but the past expansions are dull and have been boring straight away and now they have to include this dumbest event ever. It's pure RNG bullshit and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Good luck trying to win with 7 pawn draws in a row. Ridiculous. I might drop HS and never touch it again. Fuck this game design.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Magic mirror on heroic is so fun, so many ways to do it, a very well made adventure quest I think

ekim

This dumb HC chess makes me quit Hearthstone forever, I can feel it. Seriously, I've been playing since closed beta almost everyday (with 2 two-month breaks) and done everything. HC adventures are basically the only reason I still play, along with the occasional spur of new enjoyment after new cards hit, but the past expansions are dull and have been boring straight away and now they have to include this dumbest event ever. It's pure RNG bullshit and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Good luck trying to win with 7 pawn draws in a row. Ridiculous. I might drop HS and never touch it again. Fuck this game design.

HC Chess?

ZeroX03

Banned
I think Trogg and Mana Wyrm are stronger than Mad Scientist, so I find it hard to get annoyed by him.

Trogg and Mana Wyrm can snowball something fierce, but you've also got options to stop that from ever really happening. Mad Scientist - short of the Owl - is basically guaranteed great value, a 2/2 body with a 2/3 cost secret. That's killer consistency.

Levi

Banned
Priest of the Feast OP!!
In Wild

IM6CQhO.png

4 out of 5 matches today were control priest mirror matches... this golden priest played a Northshire Cleric against me.. and I healed it every turn. And he healed it every turn. He even Velened it to keep it alive. WTF. I think he ended up drawing 11 cards more than me, in a match-up that always goes to fatigue. Easiest win ever.

Just goes to show that just because you have a gold hero doesn't mean you know how to play your class.

Just goes to show that just because you have a gold hero doesn't mean you know how to play your class.

Yesterday I played a gold warrior who used second war axe charge to hit face. He ended up having to execute my injured blademaster. I was playing priest, so I guess in his mind playing the best class in the game against the worst class in the game means you can play like a moron. Wasn't the only thing he did.

I also played against a priest like you described. I was playing my heavy healing focused paladin. He kept healing his guy and drawing cards. Eventually he played a doomsayer and I just let it die. I kind of wanted to play my healing card to make him draw more but it wouldn't have mattered since he was so deep in fatigue. I was momentarily afraid he was some kind of OTK finisher, but nope.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
oh god I just realized that spider spawned by the pantry spider ALSO has a cost of 3 mana.

which I wasn't paying attention to until a shaman turned this 1/3 spider into a 4 drop

Levi

Banned
Yesterday I played a gold warrior who used second war axe charge to hit face. He ended up having to execute my injured blademaster. I was playing priest, so I guess in his mind playing the best class in the game against the worst class in the game means you can play like a moron. Wasn't the only thing he did.

Playing around Acidic Swamp Ooze? ULU.

I love seeing a Dennis play early, gives me confidence that I might be earning myself a star.

Trogg and Mana Wyrm can snowball something fierce, but you've also got options to stop that from ever really happening. Mad Scientist - short of the Owl - is basically guaranteed great value, a 2/2 body with a 2/3 cost secret. That's killer consistency.
In Wild, ~100% of decks run Eater of Secrets.

It's actually kind of ruining my Wild experience. Everyone runs the card because of Secret Paladin, but Hunter and Mage decks suffer as a result. I stopped running secrets in all of my decks because everyone runs a hard counter to them.

Blizzard is so terrible.

Priest of the Feast OP!!
In Wild

4 out of 5 matches today were control priest mirror matches... this golden priest played a Northshire Cleric against me.. and I healed it every turn. And he healed it every turn. He even Velened it to keep it alive. WTF. I think he ended up drawing 11 cards more than me, in a match-up that always goes to fatigue. Easiest win ever.

The fact that there is a matchup in the game like this shows how poorly designed it is, lol.

oh god I just realized that spider spawned by the pantry spider ALSO has a cost of 3 mana.

which I wasn't paying attention to until a shaman turned this 1/3 spider into a 4 drop
Hmm, so maybe it could be used in Evolve decks. Nice.

ZeroX03

Banned

It's actually kind of ruining my Wild experience. Everyone runs the card because of Secret Paladin, but Hunter and Mage decks suffer as a result. I stopped running secrets in all of my decks because everyone runs a hard counter to them.

Blizzard is so terrible.

Wild isn't a real thing

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Blizzard is so terrible.

Eater of Secrets is the most poorly designed card in the game imo. Printing one card to counter one other card is stupid.

Apathy

If once all the cards are released secret hunter really is degenerate and a common occurrence on the ladder people will end up teching for it. People hate secrets, and freeze is up there as one of the worst to deal with if you can't keep a small minion on the board

Eater of secrets isn't even that good, the only times it's backbreaking is when they are able to curve it out and eat the secrets you played from hand.
It destroys two entire deck archetypes in Wild right now. It's very good.

Eater of Secrets is the most poorly designed card in the game imo. Printing one card to counter one other card is stupid.
Not just one card, but one entire DECK if you draw it. A 7/9 for 4 mana even leaves Shaman jealous. Now Freeze Mage is dead, too. :-(

Wild isn't a real thing
What have I been playing, then? lol

If once all the cards are released secret hunter really is degenerate and a common occurrence on the ladder people will end up teching for it. People hate secrets, and freeze is up there as one of the worst to deal with if you can't keep a small minion on the board
Reynad tried Secret Hunter last night and it wasn't impressive most of the time.

Brah when the whiners and crybabies get their way and Priest is OP EVERY match is going to fatigue.

It's going to be glorious.
Good luck finding someone to play against.

wiibomb

I'm checking Elder Scrolls Legends..

this game is almost Hearthstone but... boring? I mean, it is kind of bland, hitting the face of an opponent with a 8 doesn't feel good, the boards are the same and overall it tries too hard to be serious for a card game.

I'm still feeling good about HS jokey nature while having those glorious sound effects of the legendary cards

inky

I'm checking Elder Scrolls Legends..

this game is almost Hearthstone but... boring? I mean, it is kind of bland, hitting the face of an opponent with a 8 doesn't feel good, the boards are the same and overall it tries too hard to be serious for a card game.

I'm still feeling good about HS jokey nature while having those glorious sound effects of the legendary cards

The presentation flourishes and the whole UI look and responsiveness make a big difference I agree. I've been playing a bit of Faeria too and even that feels superior feedback wise to ESL.

Mechanics wise I still find it interesting, but I have only a couple of hours into it. I did the first solo Arena and it was really easy I thought, then lost to my first vs match.

zoukka

Blizzard is so terrible.

Eh no TCG is immune to this. The meta fluctuates and some card types lose/gain power with it. If secret pally is still played it means Eater hasn't completely shut down secrets.

Finalow

My argument is always you just in this position way often as zoolock. way too ofen for beinģ too rng. Doomguard on curve is more possible with this card. Its always sound BS for me saying this card halt your gameplan as zoolock. You burn card so fast and the golem is the only card to discard. Boom.

I love to being wrong.. and carď not being BS
Last thing that we need is more tool for zoo to steamroll you.
Soulfire and spawn 3/3. Super balanced.
I've seen plenty of zoolocks and played the deck myself quite a bit and you surely aren't always / very often in that perfect position. the thing is that you need to have a) both the Golem and the discard card in your current hand (and people run 4 discard cards at best) b) the perfect hand/curve so that you're left with a 100% chance to summon the Golem for free, if that chance is 50% or lower, the Golem might just be a dead card or an awful 3/3 for 3 mana c) all of this needs to happen early game otherwise a free 3/3 won't do too much, and again, if you discard the wrong card or don't draw the combo at all or whatever else could go wrong does go wrong, well, it's just a 3/3 sitting in your hand waiting for the combo or waiting to get played for 3 mana. which hurts the deck a lot. not to mention that you can't really replace any of the top tier 3 drops the deck is running.

very low odds of the card being any good is the reason why most people dismissed it. if zoolock gets more discard cards running in the deck (which I doubt), then the Golem will probably be played.
the Imp on the other hand is a much more consistent card, and it could see some play. I still said it wasn't good enough in decks with only 3-4 discard cards but I might have been wrong there, we'll see.

Flintty

I played the free Kara boss today and loves it. Thinking of buying an adventure for the first time. I tried him on HC though, he's a beast. Other than feeling like a pro, what do you get for beating HC?

zoukka

I played the free Kara boss today and loves it. Thinking of buying an adventure for the first time. I tried him on HC though, he's a beast. Other than feeling like a pro, what do you get for beating HC?

Cardback when you win all wings on HC. A lot of work :)

fertygo

I've seen plenty of zoolocks and played the deck myself quite a bit and you surely aren't always / very often in that perfect position. the thing is that you need to have a) both the Golem and the discard card in your current hand (and people run 4 discard cards at best) b) the perfect hand/curve so that you're left with a 100% chance to summon the Golem for free, if that chance is 50% or lower, the Golem might just be a dead card or an awful 3/3 for 3 mana c) all of this needs to happen early game otherwise a free 3/3 won't do too much, and again, if you discard the wrong card or don't draw the combo at all or whatever else could go wrong does go wrong, well, it's just a 3/3 sitting in your hand waiting for the combo or waiting to get played for 3 mana. which hurts the deck a lot. not to mention that you can't really replace any of the top tier 3 drops the deck is running.

very low odds of the card being any good is the reason why most people dismissed it. if zoolock gets more discard cards running in the deck (which I doubt), then the Golem will probably be played.
the Imp on the other hand is a much more consistent card, and it could see some play. I still said it wasn't good enough in decks with only 3-4 discard cards but I might have been wrong there, we'll see.

Actually, I also really bad run testing that card today, so yeah.. I'm not sure anymore

I'm happy doe if one potential brokeback is a bust! yeahhhhhhh

Dahbomb

GosuGamers made a chart showing all the classes people are bring to Prelims this weekend:

q2EU3ln.gif

Priest on the rise!

http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthsto...ers-which-decks-and-classes-dominate-the-meta
Surprised there are that many Druids over Hunter.

Then again you are supposed to bring in 4 decks so might as well pick the 3 best tempo decks + Token Druid.

According to the same site, the top 4 decks are (in descending order): Zoolock, Aggro Shaman, Token Druid w/ Yogg and Dragon Warrior.

Though the good thing is that Control Shaman is actually in the competitive meta prominently.

Yeah I don't think I'm skilled enough to do them all! Just reading this thread makes me feel like a total noob. I love the game but I'll never be that good.

One thing to add though is if you wait long enough, there will be decks online that people post that are crafted to beat heroic bosses.

However, there are two main issues with that;
1) You still have to have the cards.
2) It can still take a long time since you need to draw well and the boss needs to draw poorly.

For me, I've never really liked any of the Heroic card backs, so I've never played many heroics.

Though, now I just noticed checking my collection, card backs have flavor text too.

Finalow

tried the face hunter + Cloaked Huntress deck, I was going to say ''face hunter is back bois'' after destroying a couple of shamans and zoolocks, but then I faced 3 Warriors in a row and that went as you'd except.
Druid is also a very bad match-up, the deck doesn't run any silence so big taunts can be an issue, same as them drawing swipes or the +8 armor spell.

fertygo

Surprised there are that many Druids over Hunter.

Then again you are supposed to bring in 4 decks so might as well pick the 3 best tempo decks + Token Druid.

eh the decklist surprisingly low on tempo/aggro, and some bringing crusher shaman over aggro/midrange

Flintty

One thing to add though is if you wait long enough, there will be decks online that people post that are crafted to beat heroic bosses.

However, there are two main issues with that;
1) You still have to have the cards.
2) It can still take a long time since you need to draw well and the boss needs to draw poorly.

For me, I've never really liked any of the Heroic card backs, so I've never played many heroics.

Though, now I just noticed checking my collection, card backs have flavor text too.

Good point. I have played the game since beta but not very often so my decks are fairly limited. I'll just bumble along levelling up and buying packs with gold. I like the games where you play with a deck set by the CPU; I do a lot better than with my own cards.

Dahbomb

eh the decklist surprisingly low on tempo/aggro, and some bringing crusher shaman over aggro/midrange
This is a bright proof of one thing – we’re in an aggro meta and there’s no escaping it. Put together, the numbers fantastic four are higher than all other archetypes combined, not to mention a lot of the non-fantastic builds observed include Token Druid, Secrets Paladin, Midrange Hunter and Face Warrior, which are also on the aggressive side of the spectrum.

fertygo

my mind lead me to believe any shit than what happening in US summer finals is better then

hope Thijs destroy these tryhard, especially that greensheep dude, fuck that tryhard

but anyway token druid still single handedly made tourney meta more watchable

Dahbomb

Don't know why you are hating on the players for picking the best/easy stuff. If I was in the tournament then I would for sure bring these tempo decks too. Even against better players I can steal some wins with a better opening hand. It's one thing to try hard on casual match making but in tournaments... yeah you better believe that everyone is trying hard to win.

This is the game we play.

MrYagut bringing Midrange (aka Tempo) Rogue to the prelims.

Hoej is bringing a full control/slow line up. Even his Shaman is Control.

cHinzo

my mind lead me to believe any shit than what happening in US summer finals is better then

hope Thijs destroy these tryhard, especially that greensheep dude, fuck that tryhard

but anyway token druid still single handedly made tourney meta more watchable
Lol, Thijs didn't even bring his best decks, since he's qualified anyways. He's just trying to see how far he can get with his fun decks.

fertygo

Lol, Thijs didn't even bring his best decks, since he's qualified anyways. He's just trying to see how far he can get with his fun decks.

yeah that's what I'm saying when the decklist released, hence why that statement too. aggro player got steamroll'd by nzoth pally (which never happen again) in dreamhack valencia is hype, lets go bog shaman

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Don't know why you are hating on the players for picking the best/easy stuff. If I was in the tournament then I would for sure bring these tempo decks too. Even against better players I can steal some wins with a better opening hand. It's one thing to try hard on casual match making but in tournaments... yeah you better believe that everyone is trying hard to win.

This is the game we play.

MrYagut bringing Midrange (aka Tempo) Rogue to the prelims.

Hoej is bringing a full control/slow line up. Even his Shaman is Control.

When you have to pray to the RNG gods to get wins you sure as hell should pick the most consistent and winningest decks you can. We are talking about professional tournaments here. Ain't no time to be cutesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom