• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I'm sure next time they print a tracking like card for hunter that looks for your secrets to make trap hunter a thing.

I played the fork, spoiler alert, it's BAD. It's just too slow to use.

fertygo

heavily rng-based effect, yes. if it doesn't work, you have a 3 mana 3/3 which is awful, yes. 50% chance to not being awful with 3 cards, and that is when you're lucky and have those 3 cards.
nice rank 25 card doe
My argument is always you just in this position way often as zoolock. way too ofen for beinģ too rng. Doomguard on curve is more possible with this card. Its always sound BS for me saying this card halt your gameplan as zoolock. You burn card so fast and the golem is the only card to discard. Boom.

I love to being wrong.. and carď not being BS
Last thing that we need is more tool for zoo to steamroll you.
Soulfire and spawn 3/3. Super balanced.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Tuned into Reynad for the first time in 3 months and he has spent 15 minutes shouting at his chat, mass purging and then telling people how much money he is worth. I am quite surprised he managed to get more unlikable.

JesseZao

So did anyone successfully use the "Hay Day" Amazon credit to buy the adventure? Since it's a credit and not coins, the app doesn't seem to know about it.

Nvm. Just have to buy it with money.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tuned into Reynad for the first time in 3 months and he has spent 15 minutes shouting at his chat, mass purging and then telling people how much money he is worth. I am quite surprised he managed to get more unlikable.

lol
Nah man, Reybae is great, chat was trolling him and he went in.
He had to do it to keep the chat quality.

Dahbomb

Control Trap Hunter will not be a thing until Hunter gets better draws and heals.

A lot of the time people just rush this deck down because they know there is no heal. Not only that but Hunter can't even conjure up a heal from Lock n Load.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
My thoughts on cloaked huntress is that it's about as good as kirin tor mage. Better statline by a tiny margin, worse text since mage secrets are stronger. Too high roller. Very good when it hits 2 secrets. Maybe okay when it hits 1. Below average for a hunter 3 drop when it hits 0 secrets.

Probably doesn't even fit in yogg hunter since it stops your elekk from getting yogg.

edit:
Should clarify, this is a summation of my pre-launch thoughts on the card. Hasn't changed yet though.

3/4 is pretty comparable to Carrion Grub's 2/5. What makes that card good is beast synergy, but what makes cloaked huntress good is secret synergy.

And Hunter is a very different class than mage. They have a wide variety of secrets that are very usable on their own, and place different values on card resources and tempo.

3/4 is pretty comparable to Carrion Grub's 2/5. What makes that card good is beast synergy, but what makes cloaked huntress good is secret synergy.

And Hunter is a very different class than mage. They have a wide variety of secrets that are very usable on their own, and place different values on card resources and tempo.

If they are so usable on their own, why do you barely see them played? I disagree. I think they are grudgingly played and cloaked hunter alone isn't going to be good enough.

So I was just complaining to myself that I hadn't opened a legendary in forever. Bought a couple packs and... WAAAAAH!

hearthstonescreenshotjsy7o.png

He looks pretty badass. I think it'll be the first golden legendary I actually keep.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hunter secrets don't really synergize all that well together. You see one, maybe two in a deck but past that nobody wants to cram a whole bunch in outside of Yogg n Load because they all do separate things.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I can't fault Kibler for trying Priest. Their best card is Priest of the Feast so you gotta hope it helped them.

Onxy Bishop feels like a card in search of a deck. The resurrect theme might work, but it feels like only 2 cards (Bishop and Resurrect itself) might not be enough to make it work. More like a package you throw into other priest decks. Priest just doesn't have a theme atm, and it seems like themes are how you get Blizzard to make you interesting cards these days

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If they are so usable on their own, why do you barely see them played? I disagree. I think they are grudgingly played and cloaked hunter alone isn't going to be good enough.

I mean any hunter would easily find a spot to play any secrets they have in their hand on their own. You can very easily find a spot to be happy with spending 2 mana playing it. They're basically very fair cards, but aren't unfair enough to dedicate a lot of deck slots to it. Now they have a way to be unfair.

I mean, compare it to Mage. What tempo based mage secrets are you generally happy to spend 3 mana on straight up? Mirror Image and in some very specific circumstances Counterspell. That's not enough for Tor Mage to hit.

Dahbomb

Heroic chess is fucking impossible.
It's not man, it's pretty straightforward once you figure out the mechanics.

Always make sure your chess pieces are hitting doubles. That sometimes means not putting more minions on the board than necessary. Always have a pawn on the left. Keep your high valuable chess pieces alive by moving them around with the hero power. Queen on the left in the end so it can finish game quickly before fatigue.

Maximizing value with every chess piece and placement of pieces is key.

Raxus

Always make sure your chess pieces are hitting doubles. That sometimes means not putting more minions on the board than necessary. Always have a pawn on the left. Keep your high valuable chess pieces alive by moving them around with the hero power. Queen on the left in the end so it can finish game quickly before fatigue.

Easier said than done. I max value and then he plays some BS piece and I can't catch up once he starts destroying my pieces. Guy has an inherent hand advantage too. It is complete BS.

cHinzo

Control Trap Hunter will not be a thing until Hunter gets better draws and heals.

A lot of the time people just rush this deck down because they know there is no heal. Not only that but Hunter can't even conjure up a heal from Lock n Load.
That's why I miss Illuminator. I was having lots of fun playing control Hunter, before they released standard. Only thing Hunter was missing was decent card draw, which Hunter still lacks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That chess shit in heroic might be the dumbest shit I've ever played in this B-tier game

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yep. I used it and a $5 referral code and got the whole shebang for $5.

Yoshi: Is ESL A-tier?
Infinity and beyond better than the shit that I've spent too much money on. I'm not kidding when I say that I actually have to use some brain cells in order to calculate smart moves in ESL, compared to the hilariously zero-strategy crap HS pulls off. Also, less than 5% of all the cards are RNG-based, compared to the 70 or so in HS.

This expansion is meh, but I kinda knew that as soon as we saw trash like Purify being printed out. Whispers had me fooled though, I'll give'em that. I really thought we'd have a control meta for once. Oh well, Blizzard is done for when it comes to anything but shiney and "fresh".

But enough OT, also I'm done ranting.

clav

I can't fault Kibler for trying Priest. Their best card is Priest of the Feast so you gotta hope it helped them.

Onxy Bishop feels like a card in search of a deck. The resurrect theme might work, but it feels like only 2 cards (Bishop and Resurrect itself) might not be enough to make it work. More like a package you throw into other priest decks. Priest just doesn't have a theme atm, and it seems like themes are how you get Blizzard to make you interesting cards these days

I think Shadow C'Thun Priest deck that Day[9] used to ladder this week recently is a top tier deck.

Wish I had all the cards to use it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So did anyone successfully use the "Hay Day" Amazon credit to buy the adventure? Since it's a credit and not coins, the app doesn't seem to know about it.

Nvm. Just have to buy it with money.

You have to buy it through the version of Hearthstone that comes from the Amazon App Store.

You buy the adventure, it goes through Amazon's payment system. It DOES NOT TELL YOU that it's using the promotional credit. It is not Amazon coins. It's just 10 dollars that gets applied silently in the regular payment process when the adventure is purchased.

I haven't seen firelands portal used a single time yet. But I have seen pretty much every other class card used.

Infinity and beyond better than the shit that I've spent too much money on. I'm not kidding when I say that I actually have to use some brain cells in order to calculate smart moves in ESL, compared to the hilariously zero-strategy crap HS pulls off. Also, less than 5% of all the cards are RNG-based, compared to the 70 or so in HS.

This expansion is meh, but I kinda knew that as soon as we saw trash like Purify being printed out. Whispers had me fooled though, I'll give'em that. I really thought we'd have a control meta for once. Oh well, Blizzard is done for when it comes to anything but shiney and "fresh".

To be fair about ESL, the entire rune/prophecy system adds a lot of variance to the game. It doesn't bother me.

manhack

I don't know. I'm having a blast with my N'zoth/Anyfin/Yogg Paladin with Ivory Knight. I've beat every aggro deck in the game and every control deck too so far. Lots of people trying new stuff on the ladder at the moment.

Dahbomb

Kripp one shotted the chess piece (and one shotted everything except Silverware Golem which really should've been a one shot too).

Godlike Hearthstone player.

rickyson1

use bishops to keep things alive too

keeping the knights going with heals to take out pieces every turn is a big deal

JesseZao

You have to buy it through the version of Hearthstone that comes from the Amazon App Store.

You buy the adventure, it goes through Amazon's payment system. It DOES NOT TELL YOU that it's using the promotional credit. It is not Amazon coins. It's just 10 dollars that gets applied silently in the regular payment process when the adventure is purchased.

Yeah, it worked fine. I really do hate how Amazon doesn't want to tell you ahead of time if a credit will be applied to a purchase. Just buy it and all will be k! 1-click is the only option!

I wish they'd just give promo coins instead so the app would show the bonus.

fertygo

I don't know. I'm having a blast with my N'zoth/Anyfin/Yogg Paladin with Ivory Knight. I've beat every aggro deck in the game and every control deck too so far. Lots of people trying new stuff on the ladder at the moment.

you acting cute tbh if think ivory can save you being tilted against aggros from now

Fishlake

I finally beat heroic chess!!!!!

I died to fatigue so many times it was disheartening. I must have spent 1.5 hours on that.

Still fun though.

Seriously I hate fatigue now.

I finished off all of the Heroics. I think the Chess game took me the longest, but it wasn't too hard once you figure out what you need to protect with Bishops. The only really interesting solution I came up with was Maly Rogue for the Magic Mirror. Just cram all of the damage spells and a few draw spells into a deck and then 1 Gadgetzan, 2 Deathlords, and Malygos. The idea is that if you draw a Deathlord and 1 other minion, then you have a 50/50 of pulling Malygos from the Mirror's 1/1 Deathlord copy. Once you get Malygos out, hit it with Gang Up or just go to town with spells. It took me about 4 tries with the deck to get it to work.

nymq70xl.jpg

Okay, maybe someone can help me. Every time I open the Battle.net Launcher it doesn't connect automatically and I have to press the "Go Online" button in the top right corner every time. Is there any way to fix this? I couldn't find anything in the settings.

clav

Heroic chess is such bullshit.

If you don't have Knight on Turn 4/5 or if you didn't draw well by then on board, then you might as well restart.

edit: Finally beat it.

Some tips:

1. Weakest Pawns to the left.
2. Healing Bishop on Turn 3 usually doesn't make any sense.
3. Most powerful minions (Queen, Knight) go to the right.
4. There will be some awkward turns that playing nothing is the correct turn.
5. You should be dominating on the board by the time the AI starts using cheat. You should plan your moves to sacrifice a pawn every turn.
6. If you're overkilling a minion (seeing -1/-2/-3), you're doing it wrong.
7. Use the Knight in conjunction with the +2 attack chess piece to take out 6 health minions.
8. Pawns should be taking out enemy Knights as they are usually at 1 or 2 health.
9. Take your time. There is no timer.

Okay, maybe someone can help me. Every time I open the Battle.net Launcher it doesn't connect automatically and I have to press the "Go Online" button in the top right corner every time. Is there any way to fix this? I couldn't find anything in the settings.

Known bug. You can either try completely uninstalling it including removing traces in %ProgramData% (should point to C:\ProgramData when you type it in Explorer) after uninstallation and %appdata% and then reinstall.

Future app update will supposedly fix it.

Known bug. You can either try completely uninstalling it including removing traces in %ProgramData% (should point to C:\ProgramData when you type it in Explorer) after uninstallation and %appdata% and then reinstall.

Future app update will supposedly fix it.

Oh, okay, good to know. As long as it's being fixed I can live with it for the time being. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom