• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the last 8 games at rank 5 I got matched against paladin once and from what I can tell that was Nzoth pally w/o secrets. Which I also lost, 4 in a row now, we had the same curve but he got tirion and Nzoth, while I only had Nzoth. We even both played Lightlord the same turn.

My juggler hit nothing it should have not once. Didn't pop tirions shield didn't get rid of the 3/1 it was awful.

I don't think eater of secrets is actually good even if he comes down the turn after MC, it was a peculiar match and the first time it devastated me, I played 3 secrets from hand in one turn so he got to curve out with it and time walk me.

Xanathus

Speaking of Wild, I'm surprised that they do not reset your rank based on the highest rank you've achieved on BOTH ladders e.g. if you hit Legend on Standard, you don't get the same number of stars on the Wild ladder. This allows you to get your rank 5/Legend on one ladder and portrait farm at rank 20 on another ladder.

and I'm rank 6 again 5 games in a row lost. All I wanted was to complete that win 2 games quest seeing if I can get to rank 4, evidently not.

Now a hunter played Princess Huhuran against me and it wasn't good but I still lost, 6th game in a row. At least I can win streak again.

Won a Miracle Rogue game without ever drawing/playing Auctioneer. Truly a miracle.

Got really lucky though. Azure Drake gave me Eviscerate on his Fandral and I used Sap on his Dark Arakkoa. Next turn, he plays it again, then Innervates out another Dark Arakkoa. Thankfully I had Shadow Strike and my other Sap.

its funny i just went back to miracle for the first time in two weeks and its so refreshing after slogging out c'thun warrior games.

also i'm around level 16 and all i see is priest, warrior and druid. wtf?

Pooya

The game needs new cards asap, I'm not sure when they will realize 4-5 months wait is way too much for this game and the wog itself took so long to come out too. The game is very boring now with very little deck variety in high level. HCT is all the same, everyone has zoo shaman hunter, warrior this weekend pretty much.

With only one adventure coming before Blizzcon, I'm wondering if Blizzard will try something so that Blizzcon meta isn't the same thing. They cared about Blizzcon a lot in the past, pushing for it to be different than the rest of the year and for players to be forced and try new things.

The game needs new cards asap, I'm not sure when they will realize 4-5 months wait is way too much for this game and the wog itself took so long to come out too. The game is very boring now with very little deck variety in high level. HCT is all the same, everyone has zoo shaman hunter, warrior this weekend pretty much.

With only one adventure coming before Blizzcon, I'm wondering if Blizzard will try something so that Blizzcon meta isn't the same thing. They cared about Blizzcon a lot in the past, pushing for it to be different than the rest of the year and for players to be forced and try new things.
If a game is constantly desperate for new cards, it's likely a problem with the game, or the existing game balance. There are plenty of cards right now, there just aren't a lot of viable combinations.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
If a game is constantly desperate for new cards, it's likely a problem with the game, or the existing game balance. There are plenty of cards right now, there just aren't a lot of viable combinations.

And that is more of a design problem than anything else. There simply aren't cards that are designed to do multiple things atm. And that seems to be intentional, sadly.

I still think the Adventures are some of the best things in this game, but laddering has needed a re-work for a long time. It just isn't as fun to grind out tons of games against random opponents when the variety is so low.

And that is more of a design problem than anything else. There simply aren't cards that are designed to do multiple things atm. And that seems to be intentional, sadly.

I still think the Adventures are some of the best things in this game, but laddering has needed a re-work for a long time. It just isn't as fun to grind out tons of games against random opponents when the variety is so low.
Agreed. Of the 4 digital card games I play, Hearthstone has the most cards (I think), but the least variation.

Apathy

I must have pissed off some programmer at blizzard cause every time one of these portal brawls come out I need to get screwed over by rng. Hey i use a tant, nope, my opponent gets a spellbraker on their first draw. hey i'm going to survive with 1 health, nope, my opponent gets a direwolf alpha.

Seriously, how do we play this bullshit?

squidyj

I must have pissed off some programmer at blizzard cause every time one of these portal brawls come out I need to get screwed over by rng. Hey i use a tant, nope, my opponent gets a spellbraker on their first draw. hey i'm going to survive with 1 health, nope, my opponent gets a direwolf alpha.

Seriously, how do we play this bullshit?

I have fun. Don't know what the fuck it is you're doing though.

JesseZao

Agreed. Of the 4 digital card games I play, Hearthstone has the most cards (I think), but the least variation.

I'd play dominion online if the official version had a better client. It has tons of variety, but the paper version is the only good way to play it for now; RIP isotropic.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'd play dominion online if the official version had a better client. It has tons of variety, but the paper version is the only good way to play it for now; RIP isotropic.

Dang, this post brought back painful memories. isotropic was so good =(

Dahbomb

Standard Hearthstone card:

35205.png

Standard Yugioh card:

dante__traveler_of_the_burning_abyss_by_xplay101-d84or9k.png

Dahbomb

Did you post that yugioh card as a positive difference?
Wasn't saying one was better than the other, just that not only do YGO cards usually do more than one thing effect wise, they are also quite different from one another (the good ones at least, there are certainly a ton of crap one that are more of the same).

fertygo

Hoof Brave is very well designed card for HS standard btw

btw again

8K1TLyz.jpg

fucking finally, now I can take a break taking this game too seriously for 2 week or so

final boss was aggro shaman that could've won if not burn his rockbiter while wearing doomhammer combo in the rope, but tbh he playing well tho he holding back 2 feral before he seeing enough whirlwind

Miletius

I've been having fun triggering people by running all the Paladin cards from Wild that aren't in Standard.

EVERY GAME is Minibot, Muster, Kings, Quartermaster. Sogood.jpg
I only run 1 Kings, but you could do 2 and 1 Quartermaster. Both are good. It reminds you when the class was good.

I did something similar. Minibot, Muster, Equality, Quartermaster (x1). Minibot took care of the early game, and Muster + QM in the midrange. Equality gave me an "Oh shit" option if I needed one.

Went 5/5, easy quest.

I've been having fun triggering people by running all the Paladin cards from Wild that aren't in Standard.

EVERY GAME is Minibot, Muster, Kings, Quartermaster. Sogood.jpg
I only run 1 Kings, but you could do 2 and 1 Quartermaster. Both are good. It reminds you when the class was good.

I ran secret keeper plus 5 individual secrets and MC. Was awful but fun.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'd much rather have a simple and elegant card than a card that has War and Peace inscribed on its face.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Boy I am bad at this game! Hah. So many misplays. I am fine with the obvious facepalming plays you notice right away, at least you can learn from those easily. But i feel like I am doing so many things wrong without even knowing it.

I think mulligans are my weakest spot right now. I feel lost half the time.

scarlet

Boy I am bad at this game! Hah. So many misplays. I am fine with the obvious facepalming plays you notice right away, at least you can learn from those easily. But i feel like I am doing so many things wrong without even knowing it.

I still make the same mistakes when it comes to trading.

What's your troubles with Mulligan? Picking cards?

Raxus

It is typically a guessing game. If you keep up with metas you can often guess the deck people are playing and go for the right cards.

Typically you look for something you can keep on the board and for a reasonable curve.

Deck guides are usually very good about telling you what to seek in certain matchups.

Speaking of good mulligans. C'thun warrior is pretty disgusting when you know how to play your cards right.

squidyj

If you want someone to watch and comment and maybe even give some instruction I'm always more than happy to tell people what I think :p

fertygo

Its very easy to get misplay playing zoolock, sometimes its doesn't matter because lul aggro lul, but when it does its made you feel stupid af

Pooya

I've every legendary in wog set now except dusty monster, soggoth, the mage one, mukla, nat and yogg saron.

I guess I could craft yogg saron if I feel like it, I think I got enough packs now. I opened the good ones I guess and only two dupes. Not bad.

zero golden legendary though, I'm not sure how people open those left and right, I've seen exactly one golden legendary in two years and only one pack with two legendary cards.

patchday

So how does end of month reward for ranked work? Let's say someone hits L20+ in both standard and wild by end of month.

Do they get rewards separately for standard and wild effectively doubling their awards?

Did Blizzard change how Explosive and Freezing trap work? I swear that it used to be that if Freezing procced from a single minion, Explosive wouldn't. But I just attacked a guy and Freezing went off, and then Explosive hit nothing (lol).

So how does end of month reward for ranked work? Let's say someone hits L20+ in both standard and wild by end of month.

Do they get rewards separately for standard and wild effectively doubling their awards?
You get your best rank in rewards.

Yeah I am going to start saving up for the next Adventure/Expansion now. No point in getting any WoG cards now.
Already $12 saved up in Google Rewards! :-D

wiibomb

Yeah I am going to start saving up for the next Adventure/Expansion now. No point in getting any WoG cards now.

classic cards, may be? do you have them all?

in any case, WoTG should be rotated in a year and a half, there's still plenty of time to get more cards and use them

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If you want someone to watch and comment and maybe even give some instruction I'm always more than happy to tell people what I think :p
Yeah this is definitely the next step. I'd probably screw up twice as often just because i know someone is watching though.

I'm waiting for the pity timer to go off on WOTG then I'll save up for the next adventure
Wise.

what are those rewards? I've been leaning somewhat on the amazon coins, I have like 800 saved after the last E3 humble bundle

It's a phone app. You do these 10-20 second surveys and get Google Play money. Anywhere from 10-50 cents per survey. It's not a lot of money, but it adds up, and it's my dedicated card game budget. My wife does it, too. I usually make ~$14 a month between two accounts. I know one guy pre-ordered WotOG with his money. I'll save up mine for the next expansion unless Duelyst gets a mobile version before winter.

Amazon Coins are good, too, but you still have to spend "real" money with those.

scarlet

Ranked 12th now. Lost my zoolock streak to Baron Geddon. Once I lost once in ladder, I just stop. Guess I won't reach 10th. Not playing ladder much lately

jgminto

Did Blizzard change how Explosive and Freezing trap work? I swear that it used to be that if Freezing procced from a single minion, Explosive wouldn't. But I just attacked a guy and Freezing went off, and then Explosive hit nothing (lol).
It depends on the order the traps are played. I don't think Explosive will trigger if Freezing is played first.

Man, my luck for this tavern brawl has been abysmal. It's like a perfect embodiment of Murphy's Law for me.

Example, just played Hungry Dragon, they got Pit Snake. This is so terrible, haha.

I take it back, Servant of Yogg-Saron just Death'd a 14/14 Armor Smith.

THE DREAM
What an emotional rollercoaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom