• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Looking at kripp's stream now, I guess I'm getting sniped too whenever I play arena and my opponent has perfect answers to every play I make at like 1 wins... not. lol. this guy man. Whenever he plays stupid decks it's all about his skill and good plays obviously.

I feel like this every time i play arena, perfect everything.

i had a run where 6 games in a row had a turn 1 zombie chow, i shit you not.

scarlet

That OTK warrior is my fave for casual now.

Still not confident enough to use it on ladder.

But I replace 1 loot hoarder & 1 cruel taskmaster for 1 rampage & Thaurissan (I know the point is to be cheap, but the combo with Thaurissan is amazing)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at kripp's stream now, I guess I'm getting sniped too whenever I play arena and my opponent has perfect answers to every play I make at like 1 wins... not. lol. this guy man. Whenever he plays stupid decks it's all about his skill and good plays obviously.

He's complaining again about intentional loss sniping right now at 2-2 facing a good deck at the same exact time I was facing a really good Mage deck at 1-2 with good curve, polymorph and double flamestrike.

He so overestimates how easy it is to lose 2 games early just because all the good cards you drafted are on the bottom half of your deck or you had to face even more insane decks.

Hell, I'd bet you'd even find some pretty good decks that Kripp drafted that went 2 loses early to bad luck.

I'd note that my high loss good draft mage was obviously worse than me, making objectively bad plays, just like Kripps opponents are always worse than him, but that just intensifies how important the draw is to a bad player. A bad player will lose every game he gets an average draw in, but there's still sometimes nothing you can do about a good draw from a bad player. That's probably the main factor in insane decks at 2 losses early in an arena run.

nE8FuKP.png

Proof enough for you buddy? I've gotten to rank 5 every season since ranked rewards went live, and it's taken me less than two hours (max three hours) every single time.

edit: I don't think I've said that I've had 80% every season but it's damn near close to it. I have however said it takes me less than a couple of hours every season. And I've stated that it takes no skill, and that the game is shit - but I'm doing this for the rewards because the rest of the game (including standard) is terrible.
You play N'Zoth in that, too, right? Don't the Doombots ever interfere with your resurrections?

Maybe I should start crafting all the cards I need for that deck instead of trying to enjoy myself.

Dahbomb

You play N'Zoth in that, too, right? Don't the Doombots ever interfere with your resurrections?

Maybe I should start crafting all the cards I need for that deck instead of trying to enjoy myself.
Boom Bots are fine if they are resurrected, they are very powerful Deathrattles. Just as long as you can guarantee Tirion, you are fine.

Durden77

So I haven't played this in months but I just redowloaded it and signed into my battle.net account and.....where is my stuff? It's starting me back at the beginning. I spent momey and bought the necromancer pack or whatever.

I'm on a new phone but should that make a difference?

fertygo

So I haven't played this in months but I just redowloaded it and signed into my battle.net account and.....where is my stuff? It's starting me back at the beginning. I spent momey and bought the necromancer pack or whatever.

I'm on a new phone but should that make a difference?

are you sure you login to the correct server?

Mulgrok

facing all shaman, rogue, and warrior today so i tech in harrison. Proceed to see only mages, warlocks, and druids for the next 10 games. fml

Zoggy

Seems like Call of the wild turns hunter into the old midrange Druid. Have an ok board presence then drop the bomb on turn 8 or 9 and win

rahji

oh my god why did I choose hunter for my arena run. I thought I could quickly do my hunter dominance quest but now I am not so sure. currently 2-1
Next time I choose mage.

fertygo

The more I think about it, this current Hunter deck is far more degenerate than Shaman, these mofo not even had any consideration in their play, not positioning, not overload, not developing thing from below.. mofo just curve into highmane and call of the win..

these shit not gone in 2017 furthermore smh

jgminto

Now THAT is an arena deck! Stampeding Kodo, Faceless Summoner, Frost Elemental, Justicar Trueheart, Flamestrike, Bog Creeper and DR FREAKING BOOM are below the fold. I sure am good at arena. Shame I couldn't get the full 12/0 but the Hunter I was facing top decked Animal Companion into Huffer for lethal. It was a great match though, I wasn't even that mad. There were a lot of exciting games that run actually, anything that I didn't win by Turn 7 ended up being incredibly fun.

cHinzo

oh my god why did I choose hunter for my arena run. I thought I could quickly do my hunter dominance quest but now I am not so sure. currently 2-1
Next time I choose mage.
Just go full face hunter in arena and get those quick 5 wins. :D

Durden77

the mobile part is bit tricky, its on login screen iirc

So I'm definitely in the right region and it's still not working...

Shit. I'm like 95% positive I only have 1 Battle net account. It's been so long since I've played.

Edit : BALLLLLLSSS.....I just realized I for some reason made another account when I was playing this game. But my main account now isn't the same. I'm screwed aren't I? There no way to transfer this stuff to my permanent Battle Net account is there?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I'm definitely in the right region and it's still not working...

Shit. I'm like 95% positive I only have 1 Battle net account. It's been so long since I've played.

Edit : BALLLLLLSSS.....I just realized I for some reason made another account when I was playing this game. But my main account now isn't the same. I'm screwed aren't I? There no way to transfer this stuff to my permanent Battle Net account is there?

Yeah you're screwed.

fertygo

Yeah you're screwed.

no way, why he couldn't just login to that ID?

Thing should've stayed the same, no way his new account overwrite the old one.

oh I misunderstood his question, yeah man.. just login to that account that has HS stuff when you want playing, unless you forget the password?

Durden77

no way, why he couldn't just login to that ID?

Thing should've stayed the same, no way his new account overwrite the old one.

oh I misunderstood his question, yeah man.. just login to that account that has HS stuff when you want playing, unless you forget the password?

Nah I remember the password, I just wish I could have it connected to the rest of my account. I want those Overwatch backs!

I'm thinking about maybe just starting over. I'm pretty sure I only spent money on the Crypt of the Necromancer or whatever. And all this stuff about standard and wild decks is kind of confusing me anyway. Plus I'm not sure if I'm gonna get back into it again all fierce like, I just wanted to check it out again. I mainly play Clash Royale for my competitive mobile needs now.

But I would be at like an extreme disadvantage if I started over not even having the first expansion right?

Keasar

Man I wish I had a disposable income enough to buy a couple thousand boosters to build a overpowered bullshit optimised meta deck found online like the people I keep running into on ranked.

Mulgrok

Nah I remember the password, I just wish I could have it connected to the rest of my account. I want those Overwatch backs!

I'm thinking about maybe just starting over. I'm pretty sure I only spent money on the Crypt of the Necromancer or whatever. And all this stuff about standard and wild decks is kind of confusing me anyway. Plus I'm not sure if I'm gonna get back into it again all fierce like, I just wanted to check it out again. I mainly play Clash Royale for my competitive mobile needs now.

But I would be at like an extreme disadvantage if I started over not even having the first expansion right?

The first adventure and expansion are not used in standard ladder. You can safely ignore them if you want.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Man I wish I had a disposable income enough to buy a couple thousand boosters to build a overpowered bullshit optimised meta deck found online like the people I keep running into on ranked.
Well people seem to agree Shaman is the best deck, and you can build that with less than 2000 dust and the first two wings of league of explorers

The top decks right now are earnable within 1 month of playing for free. If you just started playing, sit it out and grind, and you'll be there soon enough.

Keasar

I'm not new, but I did take a break a long time ago after getting bored, decided to give the game another shot and it feels like running headfirst into a wall, not to mention that my Gnomes and Goblins-Whatever cards are apparently now useless so woopie for that I guess.

It feels like Magic the Gathering again, friends who talk about how amazing the game is and when you try your hand on it, you buy a deck and it turns out it is absolute shit, your friends borrow you a deck and its their "experimental" deck (meaning its shit). You ask how you get better at the game, "buying and trading cards" they say. You buy a few boosters because you want some money for something else in your life meanwhile they walk in with fucking boxes of the shit and spend 2 days opening and sorting the cards, the same cards that 3 months down the line are worthless cause they are "non-standard" or whatever, and in your boosters you got nothing of the colour you wanted. And if you try to trade the cards they usually try to cheat you out of cards since you have no idea how much each is worth.

Man I have some issues with TCG's....

You can still play wild with your gvg cards or dust them, I took long breaks myself shortly before Naxx came out and then again before League. I dusted very aggressively to build just Paladin decks and now Zoolock and Midrange Shaman.

In mtg cracking packs is usually always a loss, you can just draft if you're decent and do a bit of rare drafting you can usually get your value back from the entry fee.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Should really do research on what's good and why, especially before you spend any money on anything. I dunno how it is for mtg but for yugioh if you want to build a deck, buying the singles is the way to go.

And gvg being gone from standard just means more dust for you to put towards more relevant cards if you plan on playing standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom