• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Kind of silly to get mad at arena balance when we haven't seen what the other classes got. Maybe there'll be even MORE broken common cards for other classes.

But all they have to do is raise the rarity of the card right? If it were epic there wouldn't be decks with 4 of them.

Portugeezer

I don't think arena was ever meant to really be balanced. People get too mad at it not being imo.

It's balanced by the rarity of the cards. Of course, you could get 5 epic cards, but the likelihood becomes less and less the rarer the card is.

The card could be rare, at least. Rarity of cards barely affects constructed, mainly Arena.

Even the portion of the game they try to balance, Standard Constructed, is only kind of balanced.

There's no chance that Arena or Wild is *ever* going to be perfectly balanced.

Card games are always only sort of balanced. That is just the nature of card games. The meta is what balances matches out.

There are concerns that I get. If a specific deck is too high above the power curve... if a deck or card is too difficult to counter. Broken stuff basically.

It's balanced by the rarity of the cards. Of course, you could get 5 epic cards, but the likelihood becomes less and less the rarer the card is.

The card could be rare, at least. Rarity of cards barely affects constructed, mainly Arena.

I don't think they'll ever prioritize arena in a way that it designs card rarity for arena performance. But yeah, rarity affects on average what your options are, for better or worse. Rarer cards are not necessarily better, but more stronger common cards means you'll have a higher chance at a solid deck. I understand the issues with the mode although I seriously doubt the'll ever release cards with rarities to suit arena.

sibarraz

Banned
Well I tried to push into legend but I couldn't do it. I reached rank 1 and had 2 stars on it, then fell off the ladder.

Is a really exhausting experience, but well at least I tried

fertygo

I don't think they'll ever prioritize arena in a way that it designs card rarity for arena performance. But yeah, rarity affects on average what your options are, for better or worse. Rarer cards are not necessarily better, but more stronger common cards means you'll have a higher chance at a solid deck. I understand the issues with the mode although I seriously doubt the'll ever release cards with rarities to suit arena.

then how hard to not just not made them common? none at all

its frigging adventure card foremost

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I feel like we need a new thread title to commemorate the new expansoin, but I'm struggling to come up with ideas. Mostly they're just disco references, lol

Hearthstone |OT 7| Stayin' Alive
Hearthstone |OT 7| Earth, Wind, and Fire
Hearthstone |OT 7| Dancing the Nightbane Away

greepoman

I really hope they add some cards to slow the meta cause a lot of the cool ideas you guys are throwing around are just too slow. Not to mention the new druid card encouraging a tempo/aggro deck.

Surely blizz wouldn't give rogue that card without some other tools to ensure you're not dead by turn 6 or 7....right?

Pooya

Surely blizz wouldn't give rogue that card without some other tools to ensure you're not dead by turn 6 or 7....right?

they will do just that, rogue is the class dedicated to gimmicky trash cards every set!

Let's just say that since the launch of the game, there have been only just two playable spells released for rogue in oil and shadowstrike and when they released the second one they took away the strongest spell rogue had.

They don't want rogue or priest to be ever strong because they would "feel bad" for the opponent. It's going to remain like this, rogue's survivability in particular is not going to change, the main balance guy pretty much said that in ign interview that c'thun rogue for example has a lot of damage potential but lack of healing makes it balanced lol.

I feel like we need a new thread title to commemorate the new expansoin, but I'm struggling to come up with ideas. Mostly they're just disco references, lol

Hearthstone |OT 7| Stayin' Alive
Hearthstone |OT 7| Earth, Wind, and Fire
Hearthstone |OT 7| Dancing the Nightbane Away
I'm fond of Dancing the Nightbane Away.

Kind of silly to get mad at arena balance when we haven't seen what the other classes got. Maybe there'll be even MORE broken common cards for other classes.

Not at all, because Mage already has broken arena cards like flamestrike and the shit they got last time which the other classes simply don't have.

Levi

Banned
Holy shit, this rogue on turn three just went prep - eviscerate face - SI agent face on turn 3.

One of the worst plays I've ever seen and this was at rank 8.

Sure, he got me down to 9 life but had no way to remove my Ancient of War which let me build up and protect a bunch of tokens and buff them, bursting him for over 20 damage in one turn for an easy lethal.

Kangi

Drafted a 71 tier score average Warrior arena deck, according to HearthArena.

Two Death's Bites, two Obsidian Destroyers, three Slams, a Brawl, and a Gorehowl. Oh, and a Bog Creeper.

Basically if I make it to turn 7 and am not actively dying, I win.

Levi

Banned
ILfGtVJ.jpg

So... turn one Starving Buzzard into turn two Ball of Spiders into turn three Call of the Wild is pretty fucking busted as far as synergy goes. Why do I only get lucky in meaningless games?

bobN3uL.png

This fucking hunter deadly shotted ONE HALF OF A ONE-DROP. And it was the correct play! I never got anything to stick! He top decked Unleash both times he needed it to not die, and he top decked Skill Command for lethal! Ugh.

Still, I thought it was funny to use hard removal on half a one drop so here's the screen.

Salex_

Lost a game I was clearly going to win because of back-to-back Yoggs.

*que up for the next match*

Lost ANOTHER game I was clearly going to win because of Yogg. I don't understand why this shitty card is in a game that's trying to be treated as a "competitive" game. I'm not getting outplayed, and there's nothing I can do to counter this. So tired of this bullshit.

they will do just that, rogue is the class dedicated to gimmicky trash cards every set!

Let's just say that since the launch of the game, there have been only just two playable spells released for rogue in oil and shadowstrike and when they released the second one they took away the strongest spell rogue had.

They don't want rogue or priest to be ever strong because they would "feel bad" for the opponent. It's going to remain like this, rogue's survivability in particular is not going to change, the main balance guy pretty much said that in ign interview that c'thun rogue for example has a lot of damage potential but lack of healing makes it balanced lol.

I think journey below is pretty strong. And so was sabotage. I think burgle isn't bad either.

Maybe the new rogue minion is good. If you hit 2 cards it's basically paying for itself after all. Rogue can even prep+burgle right before playing it. If they have a card from huckster, it could be really something else. I've seen people argue why not just use ET. Well, ET costs 1 more and is a smaller minion. That 1 hp is a big deal tbh, let alone the cost.

As far as survivability, I've had some success with reno rogue. I've seen other people say they've had a good go with it as well. It doesn't make up for the lack of AOE of course. I think yogg might be rogue's best AOE card. Yogg rogue isn't terrible either tbh.

At the very least the new card looks playable. After all, it's one of the bigger 5 drops in the entire game and it has an immediate effect. It also makes me think of the times that I did play burgle and such, to have a huge hand with no way to spend all the strong but heavy cards I got. That mana reduction I feel could go a long way towards making burgle and huckster (cards I feel are already decent) better.

Lost ANOTHER game I was clearly going to win because of Yogg. I don't understand why this shitty card is in a game that's trying to be treated as a "competitive" game. I'm not getting outplayed, and there's nothing I can do to counter this. So tired of this bullshit.

I know losing to yogg sucks, but it is a 10 mana card... and they managed to play it twice. It's happened to me before. I just think these 10 mana cards need to be powerful like that to be worth playing, even though it's shitty when you lose to randomness. When they have 10+ spells on the thing and manage to play it before dying twice, they've put in the work... at least that is what I tell myself. Sometimes, it's just heavy lopsided though. Can't let that tilt you though. I just try to move on.

fertygo

This fucking hunter deadly shotted ONE HALF OF A ONE-DROP. And it was the correct play! I never got anything to stick! He top decked Unleash both times he needed it to not die, and he top decked Skill Command for lethal! Ugh.

Still, I thought it was funny to use hard removal on half a one drop so here's the screen.

Bro sometime you had to made awful play

Once I execute turn 2 knife juggler, because my hand is something like 2 execute, 1 ichor, 2 battle rage

I won that game

Reaching 10 mana isn't even hard anymore. Pretty much every game of mine does that.

If it makes you feel better, I have not seen a single Yogg in Wild.

Other options: accept it and move on, or look into other card games that aren't almost entirely oriented around an RNG-based grind.

Hello c'thun warrior. Your 34 health looks pretty intimidating. Your 10 armor up is is "fair". Removes any possibility of shield slam being a weak card, sure.

But do you feel safe? If so, you are mistaken.

Say hello to my little friend.

CollLCxW8AQWcka.jpg

Malygos - 8 mana
Sinister strike x2 - 0 mana
xaril damage toxin - 0 mana
eviscerate x1 - 2 mana
+SI7agent, already on board + dagger = 36 damage

NBtoaster

I normally don't get rank 5 but I was just casually playing until I lost and ended up there as Token Druid from rank 8. It feels real good to get Fandral value. I don't have Cenarius but Rafaam turns out to be a decent replacement.

patchday

Watched karzhan video. The trailer looks pretty funny.Will have to play the adventure

----

guess my MMR is higher now. Used to go into Casual mode for some easy wins. Now I have to work a little. This is bad because some of my decks are awful (esp Warrior). I've tried various f2p pirate and those Raging Worgen decks and have a 0% win rate on those (well- these past 2 days its been 0%)

So odd. I do so much better with my zoo & other mid range decks. Guess I need to go with a mid range Warrior deck since that appears to be the only type of decks I know to play right now.

good news is theres a plethora of vids for Warrior decks so just need to set aside some time and watch

[edit] This is a deck I tried. it has lots of burst. need to practice it more when I'm not tilt.

I just had the worst RNG of my life followed by the best RNG.

Worst RNG:
My opponent has a full board.
I have a full board.
My Ragnaros fires and hits Sylvannas.
Sylvannas steals Ragnaros.

Literally a less than 2% chance of that occurring.

Best RNG:
I have Juggler, Shredder, and a hyena on the board (from Corrupted Hogger).
Opponent plays Cenarius and summons two 2/2 tree taunts.
I play a 1/1, which pings a tree. I trade Shredder, and it spawns a minion to hit the tree again.
Deadly Shot to kill Cenarius - board clear.
Opponent plays Yogg-Sauron (first I've seen in Wild, I think).
Yogg nukes his face for 4, winning me the game - yay!

Pooya

I'm going to play crushers and azure drake in my midrange hunter and play the curator. next tier 1 deck for sure, you saw it here first.

squidyj

so what does ethereal peddler mean by other classes? other than the current players class? or other than rogue?
if it's the former it'd be a sick pickup off renounce darkness

bjaelke

so what does ethereal peddler mean by other classes? other than the current players class? or other than rogue?
if it's the former it'd be a sick pickup off renounce darkness

Unlike Renounce Darkness this doesn't specify a class, so you could potentially play it as Priest and get a discount on your other stolen cards.

fertygo

Duelyst has new card that's vanilla premium stat minion that its cost reduced if you get face damage at opponent last turn

um.. what if Priest get card like that yall gonna pissed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom