• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Murloc Paladin is definitely real. May not be top tier but definitely usable.

In Wild you can play the degenerate OTK variation.

Fishlake

Reached rank 10 with that secret murloc pally that was shown previously.

Fun deck just haven't had the time to play this month. I'll be free over the weekend but it will be the end of month struggle that I have very little interest in participating in.

The new cards are neat but nothing that wows me yet. I do like being able to draw a beast murloc and dragon though. I love large cards that fill your hand.

clav

interesting question. did the 1/1 card costed 1 mana in the exhibition match they showed?

EDIT: I was wrong... it's activated on 1 health minions, not 1 mana. It should work

It's a 1/1 so it should work.

Works on every other 1 health minion that appears on your board, so I would certainly say so.

So if Barnes summons a Steward of Darkshire, does it shield itself?

clav

it is summoned first, the effect comes when it is in play, so no, it should not be shielded

If you ever play Priest with Resurrect on a dead Pyromancer, it flames the board despite the card text.

Wait a second. Resurrect just got a huge buff then with Barnes.

Portugeezer

So if Barnes summons a Steward of Darkshire, does it shield itself?

I wouldn't think so, if looking at a similar example:

Faceless Summoner can summon an Addled Grizzley but it doesn't buff the Grizzley. So in Darkshire's case, it shouldn't get divine shield.

How do we think Barnes interacts with Brann? Would it summon two of the same card or two different cards?

If they program it well, it should be two different cards (small chance of being the same card of course). Though in the beginning of Brann, Kodo used to kill the same 2 attack minion twice, even if there were more.

wiibomb

If you ever play Priest with Resurrect on a dead Pyromancer, it flames the board despite the card text.

Wait a second. Resurrect just got a huge buff then with Barnes.

OMG it did...

Bilefin tidehunter summons the 1/1 ooze and that gets divine shield though.

yea but the effect of the steward was already in effect, in the case of it being summoned the effect was not present prior to the summoning

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No. It wouldn't even be shielded if there was a Steward on the board, because it is Barnes summoning it, not you.

There is no distinction here. Steward of Darkshire works with stuff like Razorfen Hunter. Should work the same with Barnes.

I am not sure if Steward of Darkshire would give itself Divine Shield if generated by Barnes. Does Steward say "After you summon" or "Whenever you summon"?

No. It wouldn't even be shielded if there was a Steward on the board, because it is Barnes summoning it, not you.

Steward shields anything that hits the board as long as it has 1 health. It works with Bilefin Tidehunter and its Slime, so I would think that if you had Steward on board when you played Barnes, all of the 1/1s would get Divine Shield.

This is actually Hearthstone's last chance to win me back. I'm just tired of the game as of now and have other shit to play. Overwatch came out and Legion comes out in a month so I'm probably done anyway.

ZealousD

The latter

Then I am not sure. I can't remember the exact sequences of phases and steps that a summoned minion goes through when it is generated through a battlecry. If I had to guess, I would say that more than likely, if Steward of Darkshire was generated by Barnes, it would give itself Divine Shield.

Then I am not sure. I can't remember the exact sequences of phases and steps that a summoned minion goes through when it is generated through a battlecry. If I had to guess, I would say that more than likely, if Steward of Darkshire was generated by Barnes, it would give itself Divine Shield.

I doubt it would. Faceless Summoner can summon an Addled Grizzly which will give the FS +1/+1, but it doesn't give itself +1/+1. Barnes + Steward should be the same. Steward won't give itself Divine Shield, but it should give Divine Shields to anything Barnes pulls in after the Steward.

Parshias7

A question about Barnes: does anyone know what happens to a Shadowcaster "token" that gets revived by N'Zoth? What I'm wondering is if Barnes pulls a Sylvanas, does N'Zoth bring that Sylvanas back as a 1/1 or a 5/5? Shadowcaster is the closest thing to that we could check that's in the game.

A question about Barnes: does anyone know what happens to a Shadowcaster "token" that gets revived by N'Zoth? What I'm wondering is if Barnes pulls a Sylvanas, does N'Zoth bring that Sylvanas back as a 1/1 or a 5/5? Shadowcaster is the closest thing to that we could check that's in the game.

I believe all 1/1 minions have a spell effect on them that makes them a 1/1. When revived, they don't have that effect anymore, and are normally stated.

Beast Druid meta incoming in 3, 2..

It might be good for beast druid but I doubt we are going to see it in any other decks. Living roots is more versatile and has better synergy with the cards in the current token and yogg druid decks (violet teacher, fandral, azure drake, yogg).

If steward of darkshire is revived by redemption, it wont give itself divine shield, even though it is a 1-health minion. So, I expect barnes to work the same.

ZealousD

I doubt it would. Faceless Summoner can summon an Addled Grizzly which will give the FS +1/+1, but it doesn't give itself +1/+1. Barnes + Steward should be the same. Steward won't give itself Divine Shield, but it should give Divine Shields to anything Barnes pulls in after the Steward.

Addled Grizzly will buff the Ram Wrangler that summons it, though. I wonder if Addled Grizzly is specifically coded to not buff itself in a way that Steward of Darkshire would not normally need to worry about. Now we are getting into possible pre-summon triggers and those always confused me.

ZealousD

N'Zoth revives minions at their unmodified stats. So if you only killed a 1/1 Sylvanas from Barnes, N'Zoth will revive it as a 5/5.

Addled Grizzly will buff the Ram Wrangler that summons it, though. I wonder if Addled Grizzly is specifically coded to not buff itself in a way that Steward of Darkshire would not normally need to worry about. Now we are getting into possible pre-summon triggers and those always confused me.

You could test it in a Paladin vs. Rogue match. Paladin needs to steal a Shadowcaster with Sylvanas and then bounce it with a Panda or have the Rogue Sap it. Then you could make a 1/1 Steward and see if it gives itself Divine Shield.

Possibly related, but an opponent played Faceless Summoner who summoned a Councilman which immediately got a +1 attack buff. So the buff happened when he summoned himself.

EDIT: likely the Councilman got the buff from the Summoner.

Imagine if Ethereal Peddler was a Priest card...
How would you survive to turn 5 to play it? ;-)

Blizzard needs to figure out what each class's identity is. Paladin is now better than Priest at healing, and Rogue is now being designed as a better card thief than Priest.

Possibly related, but an opponent played Faceless Summoner who summoned a Councilman which immediately got a +1 attack buff. So the buff happened when he summoned himself.

I think that scenario actually counts the Faceless Summoner, not the Councilman.

Battlecries resolve before the minion actually hits the board. So what you're actually doing is playing the Councilman first, then the Summoner, if I remember correctly.

Not a lot of info here but I was wondering if I could've done anything different:

His turn 1, pass.
My turn 1, Fiery Bat.

Ping
King's Elekk (lose joust)

Mana Wyrm, Frostbolt
Quick Shot

Flamewaker, Mirror Images
Animal Companion (Leokk)

Flamewaker, Arcane Missiles, kill Leokk
Fiery Bat, Houndmaster

Forgot what happens next, but he clears out my board and I use both Eaglehorn swings to remove the Mirrors. He plays two Faceless Summoners and I lose.

I don't remember my hand but the curve was fairly decent (I wanted to drop Houndmaster on Turn 4 on the Animal Companion but didn't want the Mana Wyrm to get out of control). It seems like I would've lost no matter what, though.

Dahbomb

Not a lot of info here but I was wondering if I could've done anything different:

His turn 1, pass.
My turn 1, Fiery Bat.

Ping
King's Elekk (lose joust)

Mana Wyrm, Frostbolt
Quick Shot

Flamewaker, Mirror Images
Animal Companion (Leokk)

Flamewaker, Arcane Missiles, kill Leokk
Fiery Bat, Houndmaster

Forgot what happens next, but he clears out my board and I use both Eaglehorn swings to remove the Mirrors. He plays two Faceless Summoners and I lose.

I don't remember my hand but the curve was fairly decent (I wanted to drop Houndmaster on Turn 4 on the Animal Companion but didn't want the Mana Wyrm to get out of control). It seems like I would've lost no matter what, though.
Why not use Eaglehorn to clear the Mana Wyrm? Using two Eaglehorn swings on Mirrors is a terrible idea by the way.

Paladin is now better than Priest at healing, and Rogue is now being designed as a better card thief than Priest.
Rogue has 3 steal based cards... Priest can make a damn full deck of steal cards.

Thoughsteal, Entomb, Mind Control, Mind Vision, Convert, Cabal Shadow Priest, Shadow Madness, Shifting Shade.

This is why Hunter has Explosive Trap, Explosive Shot, and Unleash the Hounds. The only way for a Hunter to come back after losing the board is one of these cards.

Why not use Eaglehorn to clear the Mana Wyrm? Using two Eaglehorn swings on Mirrors is a terrible idea by the way.

Rogue has 3 steal based cards... Priest can make a damn full deck of steal cards.

Thoughsteal, Entomb, Mind Control, Mind Vision, Convert, Cabal Shadow Priest, Shadow Madness, Shifting Shade.
How is he ignoring taunt?

I didn't say Rogue is better at stealing. Read it again.

I think that scenario actually counts the Faceless Summoner, not the Councilman.

Battlecries resolve before the minion actually hits the board. So what you're actually doing is playing the Councilman first, then the Summoner, if I remember correctly.

We've discussed this many times in the thread. Minions with battlecry hit the board before minions they summon. Battlecries do not resolve before the minion hits the board.

To explain what happens very simply, is that cards with "whenever" and cards with "after" in the text are mechanically different. There is a hearthstone science video on it. This is the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln0BisR_SfY

With councilman, it says "after". "After you summon a minion, gain 1 attack". This means the games checks after everything else has resolved whether a minion was summoned. It sees that there is a new minion (in this case it is the faceless summoner), and it buffs councilman despite the fact that the minion hits the board first.

With whenever, it checks at a different moment during the string of events.

It's pretty complex and in fact hard to explain. One thing is absolutely certain. Battlecry resolves after the minion hits the board. Prime example is at the beginning of the video. Your opponent has knife juggler and you play a leeroy jenkins. If battlecries revolve before the minion hits the board, the knife juggler tosses triggered by summoned whelps would have 0 chance to hit leeroy jenkins, but they can.

We've discussed this many times in the thread. Minions with battlecry hit the board before minions they summon. Battlecries do not resolve before the minion hits the board.

To explain what happens very simply, is that cards with "whenever" and cards with "after" in the text are mechanically different. There is a hearthstone science video on it. This is the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln0BisR_SfY

Ah, thanks. I'll probably never get it straight though.

He used Quickshot on Mana Wyrm instead of Eaglehorn, Mirror Images weren't up yet, they were up when Flamewaker hit the board. Unless he didn't have Eaglehorn then.

Yeah I didn't have Eaglehorn yet or else I would've definitely swung into the Mana Wyrm.

It's times like that when I wish I had Explosive Trap in my deck.

Kripp went ham on the new Mage card (from Arena perspective).

Hates the Hunter card too.
At least Standard players don't have to deal with Haunted Creeper anymore. ;-D

Yeah I didn't have Eaglehorn yet or else I would've definitely swung into the Mana Wyrm.

It's times like that when I wish I had Explosive Trap in my deck.
That's just how Tempo Mage matches go. If they get the right draw, and you don't, you are completely overwhelmed and lose with no hope of coming back.

I just had someone rage at me. During the course of the match he was out of cards. His last card played was ice block. I popped ice block at 1 hp. He top decks reno with 17 cards left in his library. But I beat him anyway and he rages at me because xaril got me the 2 damage spell.

Said my GED was failing me. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom