• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

nothing yet, maybe they post a blog. they probably have to reveal everything this week. Only one legendary left, maybe there are more than 5?

bjaelke

Peléo;212255958 said:
No Card Reveal today?

~12 hours from now. They haven't really committed to a consistent reveal schedule so far, so not sure if anything else will be revealed beforehand.

That card should be real.

How do you fix Priest? Give everyone else their garbage minions

They need minions, particularly in the early game. I'd like to see a high health, low attack minion to control the board early and synergize with their hero power and Northshire Cleric. Zombie Chow and Deathlord used to fill this role. Priest was uniquely equipped to deal with their downsides, so they got more use out of those cards than anyone else. Their spells are generally not as versatile as other class's. Mind Blast only hits face, Pain/Death only remove minions. They need spells that can be used to control the board or finish out the game like Fireball, Frostbolt, Lightning Bolt, Eviscerate, Quick Shot, and Kill Command. The only damage spell that they have that is either removal or burst for a finish is Holy Fire at 6 mana. Holy Nova hits face, but not for a significant amount. I suppose they have Holy Smite (2 damage for 1 mana), but that's not a good removal or a good burst finisher. Flash Heal can be used for both, but that has to be comboed with either Auchenai or Embrace the Shadow.

gutshot

New post with new card: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20194636/a-night-at-the-opera-8-2-2016

WI66E8R5R04J1470097752408.png

Meh.

Pooya

clearly designed to counter tunnel trogg, all of our shaman problems are solved now.

surprised we don't have 2/3 taunt yet, there was robocob for druid in gvg that was both and a mech. they're saving it for filler in next set I guess.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What a boring card. This is the kind of thing you shouldn't put in an adventure. =/

Grats on admitting that Frostwolf Grunt was a joke. It'll be good in an arena. Basically the 2 drop version of Evil Heckler.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
surprised we don't have 2/3 taunt yet

I'm sure there were discussions about that at Blizzard when they were making this card.

"2/3 or not 2/3? That is the question."

I will never apologize for that joke.

Pooya

If it had some tribe tag maybe, 3/2s that see play in this game either do something, cost 1 or have some tribe synergy. Taunt on 3/2 might as well be a 3/2 without taunt most of the time, it doesn't make a difference.

Xanathus

If it had some tribe tag maybe, 3/2s that see play in this game either do something, cost 1 or have some tribe synergy. Taunt on 3/2 might as well be a 3/2 without taunt most of the time, it doesn't make a difference.

Blizzard really wants Bolster Warrior to be a thing. Because Warrior needs more archetypes.

inky

Power Creepstone.

It's funny how little it matters anymore. Once upon a time Spider Tank was a revelation, now we have potentially 0 mana 4/4s and it's not enough. Well, still good in Arena of course.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone on eu want a free 80 gold for play a friend quest?

Power Creepstone.

It's funny how little it matters anymore. Once upon a time Spider Tank was a revelation, now we have potentially 0 mana 4/4s and it's not enough. Well, still good in Arena of course.

Pompous Thespian is literally a better Frostwolf Grunt, but it's still a subpar 2 drop. I don't think this is a good example of power creep.

G.ZZZ

Power Creep Elegiggle. Nerfing old cards is fine, but buffing them so that new players can have a better baseline of neutral cards is sacrilege! Ice Ragers and Evil Hecklers and Tentacles for everyone!

Dahbomb

Poowwwwaaaa crreeeepppp!

What a boring ass card though especially for an Adventure. A lot of these adventure cards have been very underwhelming.

Pooya

I just looked at the neutral basic cards and the only ones that are good are ooze, bluegil warrior and tazdingo. There are some playable ones like gnomish inventor, wolf rider, yeti, ogre and novice engineer. but everything else is just really horrible and waste of space in collection manager.

inky

Pompous Thespian is literally a better Frostwolf Grunt, but it's still a subpar 2 drop. I don't think this is a good example of power creep.

I really don't care about the power creep conversation anymore, or its strict definition. I'm just joking with the moniker obviously, like everyone else is.

They took a bad card, they printed a slightly better version and it's still boring. I understand why these cards exist, and in the future there will be a 2/3 then probably a 3/3 Taunt for 2. Life Hearthstone goes on.

Now, where's my 4 mana 8/8?

Portugeezer

LOE shits on this so far.

3/2 taunt /ResidentSleeper

They know taunt at 2 mana rarely means anything, because people try to trade when they can, so Blizzard now gives the taunt attribute for free... just boring as fuck.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Here's to hoping they are revealing cards in order of excitement or something. LoE had a one or two duds, but so far the dud ratio on this adventure is much much higher. =/

inky

LoE was such a breath of fresh air. Even the adventure encounters felt like designed to teach people something about the game on top of the silly dynamics.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
LoE was such a breath of fresh air. Even the adventure encounters felt like designed to teach people something about the game on top of the silly dynamics.

Maybe the ONiK (I am coming around to that acronym slowly), actual encounters will be fun still. At least they seem to be not serious so far.

Portugeezer

I think they're just joking. It's not power creep because frostwolf grunt may as well not even exist. There already even is a 3/2 taunt minion (warrior only though).

Technically it is a power creep though, for a neutral card. Class cards are more powerful, see Druid of the Saber 3/2 stealth vs the neutral 3/1 stealth.

Levi

Banned
Too bad Thespian won't see competitive play--it's cool art, I bet the sound clips are fun, and the golden animated version is probably a hoot.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad Thespian won't see competitive play--it's cool art, I bet the sound clips are fun, and the golden animated version is probably a hoot.

Blizzard's amazing art and polish being wasted on rubbish mechanics has a long and storied history, sadly.

World of Warcraft is littered with empty zones that are really cool and have fun quests that no one will never see more than once, most will never see them at all. Sadly, it seems good art and hilarious sounds are wasted on bad cards in Hearthstone too.

Meanwhile until recently one of the most consistently played basic cards in the game (Innervate) had basically no animation at all.

Levi

Banned
I am bringing all my junk accounts to rank 20 so I don't have to think about them again until next month, and on my second US account I was playing at rank 24 and this Shaman played Rag, and next turn he played Earth Shock on the Rag (letting the Rag attack), Windfury and Rockbiter.

And he BMed me! A windfury buffed attack Rag that can aim its attacks vs my Boulderfist Ogre, seems fair. Would have been impressive but the guy ruined it by BMing at rank 24, what a loser.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Just got the first wing for Blackrock Mountain and man, screw the Thaurissans in the ass. Seriously. First two bosses were easy to figure out on my own, but so far I can't manage to find a good/basic/cheap deck to finish him off, and I really need his card for my Tempo Mage. Any recs? :/

Technically it is a power creep though, for a neutral card. Class cards are more powerful, see Druid of the Saber 3/2 stealth vs the neutral 3/1 stealth.

Nah, power creep is when you push the power curve. A 3/2 taunt doesn't do this, not even if you ignore the warrior one. It was the same deal with heckler. The card wasn't even played. I doubt this one will too.

Just got the first wing for Blackrock Mountain and man, screw the Thaurissans in the ass. Seriously. First two bosses were easy to figure out on my own, but so far I can't manage to find a good/basic/cheap deck to finish him off, and I really need his card for my Tempo Mage. Any recs? :/

Hmm, I've never seen emperor used in tempo mage before. Not really seeing why it would be either. So why do you want to run it there?

Asbel

Blizzard's amazing art and polish being wasted on rubbish mechanics has a long and storied history, sadly.

World of Warcraft is littered with empty zones that are really cool and have fun quests that no one will never see more than once, most will never see them at all. Sadly, it seems good art and hilarious sounds are wasted on bad cards in Hearthstone too.

Meanwhile until recently one of the most consistently played basic cards in the game (Innervate) had basically no animation at all.

Idk, if only 30% of people reach rank 15, that's a lot of casual who don't care about ladder and just play for fun. Fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom