• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Prince is usually better in control vs control although sometimes you might have a deck full of stuff like Circle of Heals, Power Words, Flash Heals that's just better off converted into Legendaries.

Again this is a card that is built to fight the fatigue warfare. And it fights it better than even Elise because Elise puts an extra card in your deck (Golden Monkey), this puts in 5. If you are hitting 5 turns after your opponent in a control match up that's GG.

But again... control vs control is the big thing here. Most of your matches will not be that.

Prince is usually better in control vs control although sometimes you might have a deck full of stuff like Circle of Heals, Power Words, Flash Heals that's just better off converted into Legendaries.

Again this is a card that is built to fight the fatigue warfare. And it fights it better than even Elise because Elise puts an extra card in your deck (Golden Monkey), this puts in 5. If you are hitting 5 turns after your opponent in a control match up that's GG.

But again... control vs control is the big thing here. Most of your matches will not be that.

Yep which is why I think it is quite a bit worse than Elise.

Beyond control v control you need all the answers you have to survive. If you get to the point where playing those five is possible, you are already going to have enough big stuff to win.

A fun card though, it gives new players a real fighting shot and I'd say that is the only purpose.

Yeah the card is definitely designed to be a "selling point" of the adventure for new players.
I like it from that perspective. When I was a new player, I really just wanted to taste the experience provided by various legendary cards. I would have put this in my standard deck just to see what a Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, etc. feels like.

oh hey elder scrolls legends beta invite. lets see how this goes.
Do tell.

Pooya

I've been in TES beta too for a few days, it seems alright. I've not finished the story stuff yet. It seems like it can accommodate many more strategies than HS. Too bad it's not coming to steam, I'm not sure I want all these launchers on my PC, and this one for just one game.

--------

in other news, I just lived the dream and played blade of c'thun on deathwing to c'thun next turn. get rekt dragon warrior.

I like esl but am turned off having to grind xp to level up starter cards to their right power level. For example, imagine piloted shredder without the deathrattle until you hit level 20. There is a 4cc 3/3 that later gets deathrattle summon 3/3. Its like that with a bunch of cards.

I think the game is quite good though. Already opened a legendary too. Its a 8 mana 4/2 that summons 2/1s in every open slot. Once it dies they all die. Would be terrible in hs but the lane mechanism plus stealth lane helps it work. Dunno how good it is in esl but its a ton of stats if they dont have the removal.

I was definitely wrong on Elise Starseeker though as were most people. This could be in that category.

I'm not sure what you said, but remember Elise was in the age of dr 7 and secret paladin.

So I doubt anybody was wrong unless they specifically stated Priests wouldn't run it as some sort of desperation move.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i do not like being forced to make these upgrade choices.
Eh, too many options for you? It's not like they matter once you started piling up dust.

br3wnor

Is there any reason to keep golden cards ?

I'm at the point where i have enough to get a new legendary again.

On the off chance they nerf the card you'll get full dust value for them which is nice but that's a pretty rare thing. Otherwise they're just for your own enjoyment so if you don't care about having them there's no reason to not dust them.

Is there any reason to keep golden cards ?

I'm at the point where i have enough to get a new legendary again.

No reason. I've dusted every gold card I've ever gotten, including legendary cards (they've all been duplicates or bad ones).

And well yeah... the nerf thing... but still... incredibly rare tbh.

You know what I'm excited for? New voice acting.

A lot of the Old Gods cards were pretty "meh" when it comes to play and attack sounds, but a talking book and a freakin' broom probably sounds pretty cool.

Live, insect!

He may be a healer now, but that didn't change his attitude towards you.

Pooya

lost two games back to back to tuskarr totemic....

If dragon warrior gets life tap, it's so hard to beat. Sir Finley is an awful card that ruins the little balance this game had. Warrior is supposed to have the worst hero power in the game with no board impact, only then all these whirlwinds, chargers and execute make sense. Shaman is not supposed to have hunter's hero power etc etc. horrible horrible card design.

where are the reveals btw? It's almost mid night in Australia I think.

bjaelke

lost two games back to back to tuskarr totemic....

If dragon warrior gets life tap, it's so hard to beat. Sir Finley is an awful card that ruins the little balance this game had. Warrior is supposed to have the worst hero power in the game with no board impact, only then all these whirlwinds, chargers and execute make sense. Shaman is not supposed to have hunter's hero power etc etc. horrible horrible card design.

where are the reveals btw? It's almost mid night in Australia I think.

Australia event starts tomorrow (Q&A 3rd, Fireside gathering 4th)

Portugeezer

https://twitter.com/TempoEloise/status/760459446321422336
Co2x0_UVMAEkhyz.jpg:large

LUL
(pretty sure it's fake)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Here's the official translation for PM. Seems clear enough when it's not in Chinese.

Something I hadn't really thought about before is that he is a demon. Would warlocks want to play this for any reason? Maybe not?

Bizazedo

Something I hadn't really thought about before is that he is a demon. Would warlocks want to play this for any reason? Maybe not?
I was already planning on taking a stab at trying him in a Warlock deck. Seems like with the lifetap ability, "it just makes sense".

Control, obviously.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

It won't be hit by demonwrath in Renolock I guess, and it makes Bane of Doom slightly better.

I wonder what the chances are it randomly kills Reno's activation condition?

Xanathus

Actually I'm curious about what other effective uses giving an opponent your minion would have other than Doomsayer, I'm having a hard time thinking of them.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I'm curious about what other effective uses giving an opponent your minion would have other than Doomsayer, I'm having a hard time thinking of them.

The above mentioned Alcani Soulpriest to deny heal, and you can Mill them by giving them a Cleric.

gutshot

Darnassus Aspirant would be good. Get a Mana crystal and then force your opponent to lose one.

Finalow

Prince Malchezaar seems interesting, I think we're gonna see him being played in some control decks.

also, a much needed counter to all those annoying mill decks. am-i-rite

Fishlake

It is really telling when the only card in the set I can't stop thinking about is fake.

If you get1 Emperor tick on it and Majordomo. You can win next turn with 2 mind blasts and shadow word death but if you get 2 ticks on all 5 of those cards you are guaranteed to win that turn unless they have an iceblock.

priest has quite a few different ways to bring characters back so you could play just Emperor and resurrect him. But surviving that long and drawing all those cards seems unlikely.

Part of me feels like running coldlight and all the drawing and removal spells and minnions would be worthwhile to stall it out.

Alternatively it could be used as an alternate win condition and you could pack it in to Nzoth Priest.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Cards you can't stop thinking about are usually super niche and borderline unplayable.

That fake card doesn't even seem good. It's just bad. Outside of Doomsayer and Auchenai shenanigans the card is just a straight up loss for playing it. You cycle a card and give your opponent tempo? On what earth is that trade worthwhile?

Really bad card with a couple cool edge cases that might be interesting. Glad its fake. Priest need more utility spells not more edge case combo nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom