• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am trolling my opponents. Managed to coin shadowcast a sylvanas. Then instead of playing nzoth after I used her to steal flamewaker, I played the 1/1 against an empty board and used raptor to copy off it.

They conceded afterwards... they were top decking for a bit... but I wanted to play nzoth to summon 2 sylvanas and several other deathrattles.

6-0 so far too lol

squidyj

I don't agree, which is fine. Not every movie is made for the intent of garnering critical acclaim. Some movies are just there for dumb fun / entertainment value. I would probably put cards like Saraad, Confessor P, and Y'saarj in this category. Yogg may have initially been in this group as well, but is proving to be the outlier because he can potentially win you the game. Conversely, he can also flatout kill you or make you discard your entire hand and then kill himself. He just adds more variance and depending on what you get he could win you the game by himself. Just like people have "bad" Elises and "good" Elises, they will have bad PMs and good ones.

I'm not saying that PM is as good as Elise, but I don't think every card introduced to the game needs to be applicable to high-level play or even good, so long as it targets a certain demograph of players (whether they be new players or the Timmys / Spikes).

I don't think that when I say a card isn't good that I should have to follow that with "*if you want to win games",

It can't put repeats in your deck, it follows deck building restrictions. So you can't get Legendaries from other classes either.

or any legendary you thought was good enough to run in the first place.

Raxus

Yeah we all know Fiery War Axe has some problems and needs a fixing pst haste

Fuuuuuuuck that. Why do we nerf and/or ban every single warrior card.

Fuck that. Fuck everything. Every time warrior finds its footing it gets the nerf bat so hard that it takes months to recover. I'd like to remind everyone that half of dragon warrior's cards are about to rotate out of standard as well. Every class deserves a default broken card and Fiery War Axe is no different.

/rant

squidyj

Lorewalker Cho

Renounce Darkness got played for funsies, no one want to play lorewalker

At very least PM is Renounce Darkness kind of card

lorewalker cho can only lose you games where you draw him, prince malchezaar can lose you games where you don't even see him, and he can give you a lorewalker cho.

understand that living the dream for prince malchezaar is getting the black knight in your deck against a deck playing huge taunts, it's getting the rng to put a niche tech card in your deck in exactly the right game so that you can get a little bit of a tempo swing for it. Or maybe you get deathwing and you get to discard your hand to put a 12/12 down and wipe the board when you're behind in a slow game.

The thing is the cards that you need, the cards that win you games, the cards that you want to draw are already in your deck and malchezaar just makes them harder to find by shuffling in cards that at BEST have a very specific niche value and at worst are completely unplayable in their own right.

It puts you 5 further away from fatigue in a control match but since his effect applies at the beginning of the game you might have to draw more just to get to the answers you need so why are you running him over elise whose effect can be held until appropriate while you choose not to draw many cards, holding your acolytes and clerics and whatnot until you can transform them into matchup appropriate fatties.

I think PM definitely is a weird card which is going to require weird deck construction to make it work. But I can't say I've ever built a deck and been like... well, I ran out of legendary cards I might want to run. I have built decks where I've been like... well damn I am so focused on deck thinning and anti-aggro, I lack a mid game. I have a good late game but the mid game needs help. Maybe random legendary cards can fill that. Probably not well enough but it's worth messing around with at least.

Raxus

I think PM definitely is a weird card which is going to require weird deck construction to make it work. But I can't say I've ever built a deck and been like... well, I ran out of legendary cards I might want to run. I have built decks where I've been like... well damn I am so focused on deck thinning and anti-aggro, I lack a mid game. I have a good late game but the mid game needs help. Maybe random legendary cards can fill that. Probably not well enough but it's worth messing around with at least.

The problem it presents is it fills your deck with dead draws. Increasing the probability you will draw garbage instead of something that synergizes with your deck. There will be the occasion you hit a jackpot but you also have to remember how many dud legendaries exist in hearthstone as well. It will be interesting for the first few weeks when it will see play but the fast state of the meta right now kind of kills it.

Have you see any deck use Mogor Champion? Poisoned Blade? Void Crusher? Anima Golem?

There are like dozens of cards worse than Dark Bargain.

No, Yes, No, Yes.

Either way, not like I combed through every single card looking for the worst one lol. Just listed whatever horrible card came to mind, which Dark Bargain certainly is.

As far as I'm aware, there is no universally agreed upon "worst card."

This dragon warrior has rag on board. I play sylvanas and unearthed raptor copying sylvanas. He has a 2/3 chance of hitting the minions. He plays a charge and a taunt and goes face. The rag hits face. Rag has managed to bring me from aprox. full hp to about dead in 2 turns.

But then I prep + sap'd the taunt, killed the charge minion with unearthed raptor. Then played N'zoth. Only could die to grom + activator. Ended up winning.

.eJwNzEEOgyAQBdC7sBc-1BH1BN33AIbgBEwUDExXTe_evgO8j3q3U60qi9x9NWY_eqxt111qC4l1qjWdHO6j61gvE0RCzBcX6cZO1pIfAZClGYubjbNwExyBaPF-9A7myaFJ_neFt1dszKXnKhvmAY_BThugyWsHfZekvj8xlyyJ.wSObA-ZPOKMZ66c7wd_Z-K7KNlk.png

Pooya

so I guess he's talking about the last legendary?

Can you give me a clue what kind of deck your secret legendary card will work in?

Well ...he goes in my Priest deck and my Mage deck.

well, you have my interest.

Mulgrok

Aggro shaman was very powerful before WotOG release, and only became better after. The fact that its main competition lost powerful early game cards is the only reason it dominates now. It seems that ever since the first expansion the game revolves around a rotating base of powerful early game cards. I expect that will stay true forever.

EDIT: Haven't been able to play today because DDoS crap. Stupid crybaby cheaters have to ruin the fun even when they can't play.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You know, Malchezar doesn't necessarily have to make your early game draws less consistent, if you can use his inclusion to get rid of mutliple late game cards you would have included otherwise. That way, you're not making your deck any more or less lopsided toward early or late game, but you're still getting the benifit of having 5 extra cards going into the fatigue game, which Elise proved can be meaningful.

Since Malchezar is even better then Elise when it comes to fatigue, maybe it can make sense to include Malchezar over or in addition to Elise by shifting your late game stategy to rely solely on those cards and freeing up space for more anti aggro early game cards.

Maybe the bigger reason Malchezar wont see play is WOTOG made Elise a lot less popular, because cards like N'Zoth easily win you the game long before you care about running out of cards to draw or play.

ZeroX03

Banned
What’s the best card in the game?

I’d have to check my notes but I know that Tirion [Fordring] is above Fiery War Axe.

"Best" might not be the right word, but Firey War Axe is probably the most "playable" card in the game. What deck wouldn't want it?

My feedback is that the ‘win X number of games with class Y’ can be depressing if you can’t get it done. I much prefer the ‘play X number of minions’ because it feels like you’re constantly making progress even if you’re losing.

Yeah, I completely agree with that. I think we’re going to change the percentages on the win quests to be less common in the future.

I hate most of these quests. Sometimes I'll just make junk decks to quickly churn out spells or 5+ cost minions or whatever.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't get it. They'd rather change how cards are drafted in arena than change the rarity of a card. Are they afraid of giving out 15 extra dust to people for free?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
But for Warrior and some other classes we put both of the strong cards at common, specifically to help those classes out in the Arena.

Does this mean warrior gets 2 good ass tempo cards

I sure hope it does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom