• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mill Decks would also be a lot more viable if there could be 20 cards decks. It would be really easy to quickly mill a super aggressive 20 card deck.

sibarraz

Banned
At least it's not Leper Gnome.

That card was the universal sign of "this game is going to be garbage isn't it?"

Yeah it's true

I'm glad that I'm only 20 matches to get golden warrior, I lvoe c'thun warrior but is funny how always when I pick the deck, I get flooded with hunters and shamans, and Dragon Warrior isn't very funny to play for me.

I don't know if farming shaman just to spread the cancer or warlock which counters a bit shaman, I had yet to see how the meta will shift with Kharazan

Dahbomb

The Warlock meta isn't going to change much, we have seen 2 out of 3 Warlock cards already. Zoo will still be a dominant deck like it has always been.

KuroNeeko

I don't think we've seen anything meta changing in any of these cards so far. It does feel like they're intentionally withholding Shaman and Priest cards. I don't think they'll be so bold as to wait until the card dump to announce anything.

This feels sort of like the Unglued set for Hearthstone. The cards look fun, and I want to try using Barnes, the Curator, PM, and Moroes in some decks, but I don't have any disillusions that they're going to challenge Dragon Warrior, or any of the other busted tier one decks.

I DO think that the Curator has potential, and Barnes may show up for a bit in some janky Herald Priest or combo decks, but we'll see. I'd like to tell myself that we'll have a period of experimentation and wacky new stuff on the ladder, but it will probably just make the "serious" players double down on their tier one decks.

Levi

Banned
The Warlock meta isn't going to change much, we have seen 2 out of 3 Warlock cards already. Zoo will still be a dominant deck like it has always been.

I'm 99% certain that each class is getting two cards. 18 class cards and 27 neutral cards makes more sense than the reverse.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you. Here is my collection:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/crimzonflame2017/collection

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bloodlust Shaman - keep a big board until you can kill them in one big bloodlust turn
Ideal Decklist
Decklist for cards you own

Tempo Mage - keep your Mana Wyrm and other minions alive to do face damage while you kill all the opponents stuff with spells:
Ideal Decklist

Pirate Warrior - Hitting their face is right more often than not
Ideal Decklist

C'thun Handlock - Stay alive until you can kill them with Jaraxus and C'Thun (mostly made to try to use Jaraxus, Zoolock is probably better)

That was fun, I probably should make some new accounts and see how I do. Feel free to dust Millhouse if he keeps screwing you over. The Ancient One, Darkspeaker, and Pit Lord are also good sources of dust.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't think we've seen anything meta changing in any of these cards so far. It does feel like they're intentionally withholding Shaman and Priest cards. I don't think they'll be so bold as to wait until the card dump to announce anything.

This feels sort of like the Unglued set for Hearthstone. The cards look fun, and I want to try using Barnes, the Curator, PM, and Moroes in some decks, but I don't have any disillusioned that they're going to challenge Dragon Warrior, or any of the other busts tier one decks.

I DO think that the Curator has potential, and Barnes may show up for a bit in some janky Herald Priest or combo decks, but we'll see. I'd like to tell myself that we'll have a period of experimentation and wacky new stuff on the ladder, but it will probably just make the "serious" players double down on their tier one decks.

Every single expansion has shaken up the meta. Most of the cards revealed are good or interesting. Dragon Warrior wasn't the obvious pick for the meta defining deck in the lead up to Old Gods. Hell it didn't even emerge as that meta defining deck until two months after release or so.

Levi

Banned
You know what I'm excited for? New voice acting.

A lot of the Old Gods cards were pretty "meh" when it comes to play and attack sounds, but a talking book and a freakin' broom probably sounds pretty cool.

Levi

Banned
After three weeks of pain grinding at the single digits ranks, playing against rank 17 players is refreshing.

Did you know you get a bonus stars when you win 3 in a row? Amazing!

cHinzo

Lol, my Yogg drew me some cards, buffed up the enemy's Ragnaros twice with Blessing of Kings AoE cleared the other minions and Mindcontrol'd the enemy Rag so it went to my side. Beat it!

Dahbomb

Maybe with a deck where they have 1/2/3/4/5 drops in the whole curve spectrum, Druids won't use Innervate anymore...

"In your dreams Dahbomb"

Finalow

Kindly Grandmother could suffer the same problem as Twilight summoner or might not get played since Huge Toad is very similar and possibly better (hard to tell without testing).
Hunter migth play both and don't play king's elekk anymore.
Kindly Grandmother is a lot better than Huge Toad. I wouldn't say it's as good as Haunter Creeper but close, since heaving a beast alive on the board can make a huge difference in the current midrange hunter.

speaking of beasts, I got Infest 2 times in a row as the rare golden card you get from the rank rewards, what are even the fucking chances of that?
I guess I should have just pushed to rank 5 instead of getting bored midway.

So at this point, best guesses for the other portal cards are what? Shaman, Priest and...Druid?

Edit: Oh wait, there are five total. So probably Paladin or Warlock for the last one?

Bloodlust Shaman - keep a big board until you can kill them in one big bloodlust turn
Ideal Decklist

Tempo Mage - keep your Mana Wyrm and other minions alive to do face damage while you kill all the opponents stuff with spells:
Ideal Decklist

Pirate Warrior - Hitting their face is right more often than not
Ideal Decklist

C'thun Handlock - Stay alive until you can kill them with Jaraxus and C'Thun (mostly made to try to use Jaraxus, Zoolock is probably better)

That was fun, I probably should make some new accounts and see how I do. Feel free to dust Millhouse if he keeps screwing you over. The Ancient One, Darkspeaker, and Pit Lord are also good sources of dust.

Thank you so much!

So at this point, best guesses for the other portal cards are what? Shaman, Priest and...Druid?

Shaman - 7 mana common. If you control a pirate, summon a random murloc (overload 2)
Priest - 2 mana epic. Summon a random legendary minion. This minion costs 11.
Druid - 5 mana rare. If you have a beast, destroy it and summon another beast or discard Fandral and replace it with Brann so you deck is stronger.

Dahbomb

All are 7 mana:

Priest Portal

Restore 10 HP, summon a random 5 drop.

Druid Portal

Give a minion +4/+4 and taunt, summon a random 5 drop.

Shaman Portal

Give your minions +2/+2, summon a random 7/7 err I mean a random 5 drop.

Warlock Portal

Summon 4 Imps and a random 5 mana minion.

Dart

All are 7 mana:

Priest Portal

Restore 10 HP, summon a random 5 drop.

Druid Portal

Give a minion +4/+4 and taunt, summon a random 5 drop.

Shaman Portal

Give your minions +2/+2, summon a random 7/7 err I mean a random 5 drop.

Warlock Portal

Summon 4 Imps and a random 5 mana minion.

After losing lightbomb priest card better be something ridiculous like Unleash the 5-drop; 7 mana, summon a randomn 5 mana cost minion for every enemy minion on board LOL

I play priest almost exclusively, so not getting my hopes up :/

Alright so here's the image.

iTDNRGv.jpg

I'm not super up to snuff on my WoW lore but here's what I think I know.

Top Left - Firelands (Mage)
Bottom Left - Emerald Dream (Druid)
Top Right - Maelstrom (Shaman)
Bottom Right - Silvermoon? (Paladin?)
Center - Twisting Nether? (Warlock? Priest?)

ZealousD

Making some improvements to the production value of the card review stream Dahbomb and I usually do. I hope to have all the brown borders removed from the cards this time around.

Also improving the splash page or attract mode, or whatever you call it, that appears before the stream starts and during the breaks.

I probably have no reason to work on these little details since so few watch the stream but i feel like doing them anyway. It's fun to make it all look and seem professional.
song_siren.gif

Dahbomb

We have to get in Firebat this time, I think he has some really solid, well reasoned predictions especially this time around.

ZealousD

We have to get in Firebat this time, I think he has some really solid, well reasoned predictions especially this time around.

The reason he didn't make it into the re-review last time around is that he never finished his review of the Old Gods cards. I absolutely would have included him if he had. If he gets all lazy bones again and only reviews half the cards I can't help that.

zoukka

Yeah, I am arguing a very possibly fringe addition to miracle rogue. But it's easy to write off a card or narrowly define it. It's much harder to find the positives. Kibler is 100% right on this aspect every expansion there are naysayers. Often enough they turn out to be wrong.

I'm not saying PM is unplayable in general, just that he's unplayable in Miracle.

Dahbomb

If Prince Malchazaar sees consistent play in Miracoli Rogue (ie. the versions that burst you down with lots of cards/combos) then I will never do card reviews ever again.

Pooya

Let's say if PM didn't have RNG, like when you put him in your deck in deck builder, you could put 5 extra cards in there that have to be legendary. Would you play it then?

One problem right now with rogue deck building is that you can't fit your win condition and survivablity both with flurry/belcher gone, you don't have efficient cards anymore. If PM could accommodate, Emperor, Thalnos, Edwin, Xaril and Malygos everytime for example then you had 29 cards to play whatever you want, would you still think 35 card deck is objectively bad? I'm not sure.

What probably ruins PM is RNG, not 5 extra cards.

ZeroX03

Banned
Opponent has two 5/1 minions. Play Madder Bomber. Hits me in the face five times, once in the opponent's face.

Next game, I play a 2/3 minion, they play a Mad Bomber and it hits my minion three times.

My friend doesn't mind losing to random effects because he doesn't consider it his fault, but boy does it infuriate me. So hard to like this game sometimes.

There is absolutely zero chance that PM will get play in Miracle Rogue. You need to chain-draw into your kill combos, and that won't happen if you draw once and then get Anub'arak or some crap. PM destroys the deck's consistency.

zoukka

Let's say if PM didn't have RNG, like when you put him in your deck in deck builder, you could put 5 extra cards in there that have to be legendary. Would you play it then?

One problem right now with rogue deck building is that you can't fit your win condition and survivablity both with flurry/belcher gone, you don't have efficient cards anymore. If PM could accommodate, Emperor, Thalnos, Edwin, Xaril and Malygos everytime for example then you had 29 cards to play whatever you want, would you still think 35 card deck is objectively bad? I'm not sure.

What probably ruins PM is RNG, not 5 extra cards.

Rogue suffers from the same problems that every control deck does, they don't have access to Belcher and other anti-aggro stuff that rotated from standard.

And yes if you could choose the cards, PM would be pretty nuts in some turtle-decks. Hard to say if I would want a 35 card Miracle or not. Probably not.

AzureSky

really liking Prince Malchazaar design.
Not sure how competitive it will be, but it allows poor souls who are new to heartstone to play with legendary cards they probably will never get.

Dahbomb

PM would be nuts in CW/Fatigue Warrior if you could choose your Legendaries.

Hell it would be really strong in something like Token Druid too which can draw stuff fast and also play a bunch of Legendaries with all its ramp. That deck already plays like 5 Legendaries (Emperor, Thalnos, Fandral, Onyxia, Sylvanas/Rag).

Pooya

I think if PM guaranteed that you'd get a copy of every single class legendary even. it could be great. With this RNG it's hard to build a deck. I think they could've had something game changing here, almost.

btw from reddit
mdonais

It happens after mulligan and it has a cool animation to explain why there are 35 cards in someone deck.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PM would be nuts in CW/Fatigue Warrior if you could choose your Legendaries.

Hell it would be really strong in something like Token Druid too which can draw stuff fast and also play a bunch of Legendaries with all its ramp. That deck already plays like 5 Legendaries (Emperor, Thalnos, Fandral, Onyxia, Sylvanas/Rag).

He would also be really strong if his effect was "Battlecry: Shuffle 5 random Legendaries into your deck"

The at the start of the game do something is unique and I'm glad Blizard is exploring the mechanic, but it actually makes the card much weaker.

I'm thinking Blizard may have intentionally given him an effect that is fun sounding but weak on paper, to make sure they don't somehow print an OP card the first time they use the mechanic. I really doubt Blizard expected Elise to actually be competitive.

I wonder if you or your opponent will be informed about which cards were added to the deck.

Zoggy

Pm is a tech against priest brah.

Good job your shifting shade just stole nat the dark fisher haha suck it anduin!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
In a control vs control matchup, isn't Prince Malchazaar better than Elise? I've seen one too many games where you're unable to play Golden Monkey because you're saving a key card to answer a strong card they're waiting for an opportunity to play, like Entomb vs Tirion. It's certainly nice to have the freedom to play a random big legendary on turn 15, instead of waiting until the last draw of your deck, and it's not like dead draws are that bad against control.

To bad it's pretty much 100% worse against aggro, since I don't know of any good legendary you want to draw vs aggro. Elise is ironically one of the best ones to randomly get from PM against aggro just for the stats.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In a control vs control matchup, isn't Prince Malchazaar better than Elise? I've seen one too many games where you're unable to play Golden Monkey because you're saving a key card to answer a strong card they're waiting for an opportunity to play, like Entomb vs Tirion.

To bad it's pretty much 100% worse against aggro, since I don't know of any good legendary you want to draw vs aggro. Elise is maybe the best one to randomly get from PM against aggro just for the stats.

Yes, he is a great sideboard card, but you don't want him outside of a control mirror match.

zoukka

I really doubt Blizard expected Elise to actually be competitive.

Seeing how all of the main legendaries from that adventure saw competitive play, I doubt it was a surprise to them. We the players were clueless at guessing the cards utility for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom