• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Shaman will probably get a reasonably powerful totem now that Tuskarr has been nerfed. Ever since they added that card in TGT there hasn't been another one printed.

Beyond that, who knows. Probably some niche/tech cards, maybe a couple control cards. Shaman desperately needs a late game legendary though in my opinion. Neptulon is gone and Al'Akir was brutally murdered.

Szadek

More Reno-ish cards sounds great.
Unless the remaning potions suck,the 4 card will get played.

The warlock card is obviously fantastic and great for arena as well.
I'm not sure it's excatly what they need, but it certianly helps a lot.

.eJwNzLsNwyAQANBd6A0cf3uC9BkAIXwCSzZYcKmi7B63r3hf9hkn21gluucmxH7M3MfOJ_WRCvLSezkx3cfkuV8iEaVcL2w0BTgA642U0oINclVBKOODCqvWXusHlTPihWlQfbqG8Z0HYpu1UwRYwCzgIjgugSvH71bY7w811CyZ.pTXJghLFW9p3j1ao_1eDrbfihpQ

60 damage c'thun

How shocked would you really be with how they are trying to push evolve shaman. The tfb synergy would be an unfortunate side effect.

How are they pushing evolve shaman? People are reading into dopplegangsters which is clearly meant for buffing lol. It's bad on it's own.

And why would they power creep over pantry spider?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Abyssal is nuts. What a crazy card for a common. 3 dmg AoE is really strong when its attached to that body. Renolock is looking good again.

WE'RE GONNA BE RICH!

Abyssal is nuts. What a crazy card for a common. 3 dmg AoE is really strong when its attached to that body. Renolock is looking good again.

WE'RE GONNA BE RICH!

Forget Renolock, Warlock just got bumped up an entire level in Arena.

7-mana, 6/6, Battlecry: Deal 3 damage to all other characters. Demon.

Really sick for a Common card.

-GJ-

My brother just started playing, but he can't play against me since all my decks are Wild decks. I Googled and found "just craft a Wild card" as a solution, but the Wild sets aren't available in his crafting menu (the filter list just stops after Standard and Basics). Any idea how I can get Wild cards to show up in his crafing menu so we can play against eachother? He already has a level 10 hero (somebody on the Blizzard forums said that would make the Wild cards show up), but that didn't do anything.

wiibomb

My brother just started playing, but he can't play against me since all my decks are Wild decks. I Googled and found "just craft a Wild card" as a solution, but the Wild sets aren't available in his crafting menu (the filter list just stops after Standard and Basics). Any idea how I can get Wild cards to show up in his crafing menu so we can play against eachother? He already has a level 10 hero (somebody on the Blizzard forums said that would make the Wild cards show up), but that didn't do anything.

in the filter of cards you can find a tab with the text "All Cards" and it seems to have an infinite symbol, that displays the wild cards, by there you can click the crafting button and it displays all the wild cards

-GJ-

in the filter of cards you can find a tab with the text "All Cards" and it seems to have an infinite symbol, that displays the wild cards, by there you can click the crafting button and it displays all the wild cards
That filter is nowhere to be found :/...

Pooya

If you ask me secret hunter is pretty good. I'm finding a lot of new friends playing it...

cat trick is BS lol.

I'm actually doing quite well against shaman.

Kettch

WE'RE GONNA BE RICH!

Yep, 3 damage AoE is the sweet spot right now too. Wipes out those feral spirits, troggs, flametongues, mana tides and all the regular totems.

We'll see if that stays true in the new expansion though.

fertygo

If you ask me secret hunter is pretty good. I'm finding a lot of new friends playing it...

cat trick is BS lol.

I'm actually doing quite well against shaman.

Face hunter or midrange-ish?

Yeah Cat trick is super batshit, especially with Huntress, free 4 damage seemsgood

fertygo

I'll always remember chakki and the gang stream where they said if you play cat trick you'll always known as guy that willing to put cat trick in your deck

yeah about that boi.....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'll always remember chakki and the gang stream where they said if you play cat trick you'll always known as guy that willing to put cat trick in your deck

yeah about that boi.....

Of course they thought Cloaked Huntress was unplayable and chat called them out on it that very day. lol

Been running c'thun rogue again. Made a couple adjustments to it. It's very far from the list I got the idea from (reynad's cthun rogue list, although I haven't seen if he has made any adjustments over the past month or two).

http://i.imgur.com/uCmKt72.png

Here is a game versus shaman where coldlight oracle hit the sweet spot. It was like playing double sprint.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/DAp7EZzTfRUGazXvxdcJhL

Of course they thought Cloaked Huntress was unplayable and chat called them out on it that very day. lol

To be fair though, chakki's review clearly stated it was valuating the cards based on the current meta decks. How good would cloaked hunter be in the pre-karazhan midrange hunter? Pretty bad.

patchday

^ Interesting deck never used coldlight oracles yet. Also never seen it used with cthun.

nice replay thanks. gave me some ideas

I think I need to try C'thun paladin again. I am feeling the c'thun fever. Plus last time I tried it, it kinda sucked but only cause there were actually a lot of slower control decks in the meta at the time. N'zoth paladin and c'thun warrior.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
To be fair though, chakki's review clearly stated it was valuating the cards based on the current meta decks. How good would cloaked hunter be in the pre-karazhan midrange hunter? Pretty bad.

"Current meta" aka the "old meta" whenever the new set releases. That's basically trying to create a "get out of jail free" card whenever you get an evaluation wrong. You can't evaluate new cards against old decks. Cards exist within the context of the set that releases with them.

Cloaked Huntress had perfect stats for a 3 mana minion and it even had an upside. To call it "unplayable" was the wrong evaluation. Completely wrong-headed. You can't look at a minion like that and call it unplayable or dumpster tier. You can hedge and say it is a good card for a specific deck but that deck may or may not be top tier competitive (this is how Dahbomb and I reviewed it). They even made claims like saying that Kiron Tor Mage was a much better card and that was also wrong.

And honestly? I think pre-karazhan Cloaked Huntress would have been fine. That deck isn't necessarily make or break on Cat Trick.

Pooya

I don't think cloaked huntress is a big deal actually. It's not like you need to draw it to win or something like that, the deck doesn't rely on it, not even close. It's good but it's not like secret paladin that had a rough time if it didn't get MC on time. You will do just fine, you might not even want to play all of your secrets at the same time.

I think cat trick is a more key card in the deck. It's probably the best deck hunter has had too, not for power level but that there is quite a bit of decision making in a deck like this, in mulligan and the traps you want to play on the right time. I like it and I don't like playing hunter.

Parshias7

Time to actually give a crap about my quests to get some gold for the expansion. Let's see what I've got... play 50 Warrior class cards and use my Hero Power 30 times. Control Warrior it is!

Damn, I kinda wish that brawl was still going on. Probably the best brawl they've done in a long time imo.

"Current meta" aka the "old meta" whenever the new set releases. That's basically trying to create a "get out of jail free" card whenever you get an evaluation wrong. You can't evaluate new cards against old decks. Cards exist within the context of the set that releases with them.

Cloaked Huntress had perfect stats for a 3 mana minion and it even had an upside. To call it "unplayable" was the wrong evaluation. Completely wrong-headed. You can't look at a minion like that and call it unplayable or dumpster tier. You can hedge and say it is a good card for a specific deck but that deck may or may not be top tier competitive (this is how Dahbomb and I reviewed it). They even made claims like saying that Kiron Tor Mage was a much better card and that was also wrong.

And honestly? I think pre-karazhan Cloaked Huntress would have been fine. That deck isn't necessarily make or break on Cat Trick.

People evaluate new cards in the context of old decks literally all the time.

I think hedging is doing exactly what he did anyway.

gutshot

Chakki and co. have consistently had the worst card reviews, haven't they? I can't imagine ever caring about what they think of a card.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yep, 3 damage AoE is the sweet spot right now too. Wipes out those feral spirits, troggs, flametongues, mana tides and all the regular totems.

We'll see if that stays true in the new expansion though.

I just assume totemic might will make its way into more Shaman decks, with all the new aoe cards floating around.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, is it safe to say the end of week card is Warlock's Legendary?

Also, I'd love for this to be the expansion that finally does a Legendary Spell.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
They've come close with Kazakas and Rafaam.

Kazakus pretty much does this. The card may as well read: "Create a spell from this massive list of choices and powerlevels based on these costs." The range is really really big it seems. So I'd be willing to call that pretty much a legendary spell.

Rafaam is close as well but some of his spells are of limited use and since all are 10 mana, you're kinda pigeon-holed when you can play them. Kazakus gives you cheaper options (5 mana and 3, I think) as well as the 10 mana one. And some of those 10 mana effects are insane: Sheep the entire enemy board (Fuck you N'Zoth), Deal 8 Damage, who knows what else.

Pretty legendary IMO. I can't wait to run Kazakus/Reno decks when this is out. Control Reno/Kazakus Mage is going to rule so much.

Peléo

Kazakus pretty much does this. The card may as well read: "Create a spell from this massive list of choices and powerlevels based on these costs." The range is really really big it seems. So I'd be willing to call that pretty much a legendary spell.

Rafaam is close as well but some of his spells are of limited use and since all are 10 mana, you're kinda pigeon-holed when you can play them. Kazakus gives you cheaper options (5 mana and 3, I think) as well as the 10 mana one. And some of those 10 mana effects are insane: Sheep the entire enemy board (Fuck you N'Zoth), Deal 8 Damage, who knows what else.

Pretty legendary IMO. I can't wait to run Kazakus/Reno decks when this is out. Control Reno/Kazakus Mage is going to rule so much.

Minor correction, it's actually 1, 5 and 10 mana potions.

Dahbomb

People in here still trying to deny that Cloaked Huntress is a crazy power creep card that should never have been made to begin with.

Though I guess soon enough we will have even more blatant power creep cards to complain about.

People in here still trying to deny that Cloaked Huntress is a crazy power creep card that should never have been made to begin with.

Though I guess soon enough we will have even more blatant power creep cards to complain about.

Eh? Who cares if it's power creep. Power creep over what anyway? Kirin tor mage? A mage card that doesn't see play? That is power creep? (nope) Who cares.

Dahbomb

Eh? Who cares if it's power creep. Power creep over what anyway? Kirin tor mage? A mage card that doesn't see play? That is power creep? (nope) Who cares.
Everyone cares when it's a degenerate auto pilot deck that a ton of people are playing on Ladder.

Kirin Tor Mage is like on the cusp of playability and not a "bad" card (you actually see it a fair bit on Wild with Secret based Mage decks). It's the same thing as Arcane Explosion, a card that isn't that common but is not a bad card but when you print a blatantly power crept card over it then you result in people exploiting it and leads to formation of degenerate decks.

People always complain whenever the phrase "power creep" is brought up as if it's some taboo word. Nah I am putting my god damn foot down... Cloaked Huntress and Maelstorm Portal are power creep.

And for the record almost all of those Priest cards are power creep as well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No, I think Cloaked Huntress really is power creep, not in the "Lawl, this card is strictly better than this card no one plays", but in that it really does raise the overall power level of competitive cards. It has a very powerful effect on a body that is already on par, for a low mana cost.

Everyone cares when it's a degenerate auto pilot deck that a ton of people are playing on Ladder.

Kirin Tor Mage is like on the cusp of playability and not a "bad" card (you actually see it a fair bit on Wild with Secret based Mage decks). It's the same thing as Arcane Explosion, a card that isn't that common but is not a bad card but when you print a blatantly power crept card over it then you result in people exploiting it and leads to formation of degenerate decks.

People always complain whenever the phrase "power creep" is brought up as if it's some taboo word. Nah I am putting my god damn foot down... Cloaked Huntress and Maelstorm Portal are power creep.

And for the record almost all of those Priest cards are power creep as well.

It cannot be power creep over kirin tor mage, they don't even exist on the same power scale. They are class cards. Same with maelstrom portal.

I'm not complaining about the phrase... I am pointing out that it isn't power creep, at least for the reasons you're giving.

And who was even talking about power creep anyway? As far as I can I tell, you're the one who brought it up saying people are denying it's power creep... but I don't even see anyone but you bringing up power creep... lol

Dahbomb

Let me tell you how much power creep Cloaked Huntress is.

It would be like they printed a very powerful 4 drop Paladin card. As in the same power slot as Truesilver Champion, Consecrate, Keeper of Uldaman, Blessing of Kings. But that 4 drop is so good that you would build your whole deck around it to exploit it and you don't care if you have to play less over powered Paladin 4 cost cards in your deck... you do it anyway because it's too good not to.

That's what Cloaked Huntress does but for Hunter. Hunter has a crazy amount of ridiculous 3 cost cards: Animal Companion, Eaglehorn Bow, Unleash the Hounds, Kill Command etc. They add another one in that trumps the other enough that you would sacrifice some of them to play it.

Mobius said:
It cannot be power creep over kirin tor mage, they don't even exist on the same power scale. They are class cards. Same with maelstrom portal.
So it's ok to power creep over other class cards?

BRB asking Blizzard to print a 5 mana Entomb for Warlocks. And a 3 mana Innervate for Rogues. While I am at it I will also ask for a 1 mana Fiery War Axe for Shaman because Spirit Claws isn't cutting it with the RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom