• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabal already seems a lot more interesting than the Goons. Still waiting for Lotus next week, hope Shaman gets some proper C'Thun cards.

Just started getting into this a bit after playing super briefly when it came out.

Bought one of those welcome packs for 4.99 and feel pretty good about it. Got a golden leeroy Jenkins and a Tinkmaster out of my packs along with a warlock legendary for buying the bundle.

Still don't have the cards to really build anything besides the basic cookie cutter decks but it's been pretty fun. I could disenchant a grip of stuff and probably build at least on nice deck but I don't want to limit myself.

manhack

Man they are really spoiling these cards at a decent rate. We are around 63/132 cards revealed.

Depending on if we get a release at the 1st or 2nd week of December we may not get a mega dump at the end.

Either way it looks like at this pace we should expect a release the week of Dec. 5th.

More board clears for mage in arena btw. Kripp must love that card. At least they made it a rare.

It's sorta just an explosive sheep that doesn't need to be hero powered.

Man they are really spoiling these cards at a decent rate. We are around 63/132 cards revealed.

Depending on if we get a release at the 1st or 2nd week of December we may not get a mega dump at the end.

Either way it looks like at this pace we should expect a release the week of Dec. 5th.

I wouldn't be that surprised for release on Nov 29-30th release.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Kabal already seems a lot more interesting than the Goons. Still waiting for Lotus next week, hope Shaman gets some proper C'Thun cards.

They have already said there will be no more C'Thun cards from an interview near when old gos came out. Sorry =(

Its almost impossible to evaluate that random potion card until we know what it can and can't pull. If it is only the collectible ones, then it seems pretty good so far, but let's just hold our horses. I assume they are gonna print some more trashy ones for the other classes because this seems too good even for an under-statted 4 drop. Also note that if it can pull from the list of Kazakus potions then we are totally in random land.

Also note that the Kabal leader has text that requires a Reno-style deck for his effect to work. It doesn't seem like they care about actually playing with that condition other than running him so far. Maybe they will add more to that effect later, but atm I don't see any reason beyond what you get with Kazakus and Reno. Especially given how good Reno is, once he's out and you only have Kazakus (atm), then I don't see the appeal. His effects are so varied and insane it's really hard to tell what is and isn't good with him.

1 mana savings is a big deal. A big, big deal. There are tons of fair or even "bad" cards that would suddenly become opie opie if you cut one mana off their cost.

Sheep had other uses than just sheep and ping, such as forcing your opponent to kill it off and trigger duplicate, or played into mirror entity to aoe for 4. It could also just simply be played for 2 mana.

Dahbomb

This is obviously a good card and obviously better than Explosive Sheep (in most cases).

Freeze Mages didn't play Explosive Sheep, it was played by Control Mage. That's how I feel this card will be played. Freeze Mage cares more about stalling than clearing. If they can get a board of 7 minions then they are fine with that. They have Doomsayer for early game aggression.

You throw this card in Reno Mage without thinking twice.

Peléo

Considering the direction they are taking with Kabal, I expect slower Warlocks build will become more powerful. Pretty interesting.

Yeah, useful for killing all your 2 health minions too :D

Or you gonna win without minion pressure? :p
Oops, I misread it! I might still put the potion master in. Even if I get the 2-health wipe, I think it's often worthwhile to play something like Cult Sorcerer + potion to clear a board and lose a minion in the process. Especially if I'm wiping out a Shaman board of wolves and troggs. I often feel like Tempo Mage needs a comeback card that isn't Flamestrike.

bjaelke

fHMV6qG.png

Pooya

if that 4 3/3 card can really give you dragonfire potion or any of the revealed potions far, in all 3 classes you can play it, it should be quite insane in arena. It's a common too. I hope they ban those tri class cards from arena actually. Priest and warlock getting a good arena card is fine but mage has enough already.

--------------

^ seems pretty good. Control cards yay. Insane in arena.

hellfire 4 mana spell on 6 drop body for 7. seemsgood.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah that seems crazy strong to me. You pay 3 more mana over hellfire and you get a 6/6?

wiibomb

Ridiculous card!

it is just 1 mana above dread infernal and yet it does 2 more of damage?? it can also count as a late hellfire... amazing for renolock

More AOE for warlock. I bet none for rogue lol.

It's a powerful card for sure but hopefully the rest of the warlock cards are more interesting. Insane in arena for sure. Dread infernal is already pretty good there.

Dahbomb

Abyssal Enforcer...

bueno.jpg

Crazy insane in Arena too.

Control Warlocks used to carry two Hellfires before the Reno decks came in. Now Reno decks can cut Demonwrath for this card and it helps out in the Control match up too as it's just a big body for them to contend against.

I'm thinking it's probably safe to say Renolock is coming back, and we've only seen one of the Warlock class cards lol.

But between Abyssal Enforcer, Mistress of Mixtures and Kazakus the deck seems like it's primed for a big return.

Can Brann + Abyssal clear up both deathrattle cards and the minions summoned from the deathrattle or will both bursts of the battlecry activate before the deathrattle triggers?

gutshot

Can Brann + Abyssal clear up both deathrattle cards and the minions summoned from the deathrattle or will both bursts of the battlecry activate before the deathrattle triggers?

The latter, I believe. I'm pretty sure all Battlecries resolve before the Deathrattles are triggered.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Do you still run funnel cakes in renolock now that we have lady who mixes things? I think so, his body is pretty useful.

Pooya

I wonder if there is going to be meta deck that you want to pack all of these aoe against or people just give up playing zoo, mid shaman and things like that.

Goons cards are just bad so far, I imagine they thought they have to counter those buffs so let's add lots of aoe but the power level seem disproportionate so far.

Hopefully some kind of strong OTK deck emerges otherwise the game could get really boring, honestly who has time for playing against priest and stuff like that. screw that.

sibarraz

Banned
Overall it seems like a good chunk of classes got better tools against midrange shaman.

The question is what kind of cards will shaman get?

gutshot

I'm also thinking the Grimy Goons got hosed at this point.

I mean, just compare Kabal Chemist to Grimestreet Smuggler. It's not even close.

Hehe, yeah. Goon decks are looking pretty rekt right now.

"Oh hey, shame you spent all that time and lost tempo buffing these minions you just flooded the board with and now I have this potion here that kills them all."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom