• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Still no luck with this... Does anyone know what's going on?

I have an account with zero wild cards.

I can make a wild deck by going to create a deck and pushing the kraken button in the upper left corner (at least on mobile). From there you can start crafting wild cards.

Same goes for bringing a standard deck into wild.

CoolOff

I actually don't think the new card is that insane either. There aren't that many secrets you want out on T1 as a Mage (Mirror is good, Counterspell is aight), and it also uses two cards from your hand that you have to have at the start.

It's no Mad Scientist.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Try this. In the crafting menu, hit the filter button (Should be the bottom left on the PC version). Select the filter for "All Cards" rather than standard. Then you should be able to craft the wild only cards.

Button should be here (Circled in red):
2ItJpJ7.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Try this. In the crafting menu, hit the filter button (Should be the bottom left on the PC version). Select the filter for "All Cards" rather than standard. Then you should be able to craft the wild only cards.

Button should be here (Circled in red):
2ItJpJ7.jpg

That doesn't exist if you have no wild cards.

You just have to flip the wild/standard switch. The button looks like a kraken. It will change to a viney infinity symbol for wild. You can craft from there.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey look. A setup for a Turn 2 Medivh's Valet.

Yaaaaay~

I love getting blown out on Turn 2.

-GJ-

You can challenge him to a Standard, Wild or Tavern Brawl if available. That's how it worked for me.

And someone earlier said that there should be the filter "all cards".

Tried that, but then it says he can't play Wild because he doesn't have and Wild cards. And that filter isn't there.

wiibomb

Tried that, but then it says he can't play Wild because he doesn't have and Wild cards. And that filter isn't there.

I don't have a single wild card either, but I have the option to craft them and even play in wild.. may be you need to get to lv 10 in all characters to get all the basic cards first?

may be lv 20 to get into tavern brawl and unlock wild?

Levi

Banned

Why can't you just make a standard deck to play against your friend with? Do you really need all your OP Wild cards to beat a player brand-new to the game?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't have a single wild card either, but I have the option to craft them and even play in wild.. may be you need to get to lv 10 in all characters to get all the basic cards first?

may be lv 20 to get into tavern brawl and unlock wild?

Nah my smurf account isn't any of those things and I can create a wild deck.

His friend is missing something.

-GJ-

Why can't you just make a standard deck to play against your friend with? Do you really need all your OP Wild cards to beat a player brand-new to the game?

Well, I suck at the game myself. I really don't play that often. But I'm just starting to get the hang of the decks I've built, which are all Wild decks since I own a lot of the cards from back in the day. I don't really want to go through the process of creating a deck I won't use a lot if I don't even understand all the cards properly. It's just for some fun with my brother.

wiibomb

You also can't set the filter to all cards when you have a standard deck open in the collection screen.

oh yes! this is true, you must first convert the deck to wild to allow it to see card from wild while selecting the deck.

outside of selecting a deck, any card can be seen

-GJ-

For some reason the WIld sets showed up in the crafting menu after going in and out of My Collection a couple times. I have no idea what triggered it, but it worked :).

Dahbomb

I don't know what to think about that Mage card.

On one end, that's a very powerful effect to have on a 1 drop.

On the other, many of the Mage secrets don't do that much on turn 1/2. You can absorb a small spell or copy a small minion or resurrect that 1 cost minion into another 1 mana minion. Tempo is good but not earth shattering.

The real brokeback combo is an aggro secret Mage where you get the nuts at start. Going second, Mana Wyrm, coin, new 1 drop, secret. So you have a 3/3, a 2/1 and a secret placed on turn 1. Next turn they can play Medivh Valet to blow you out as well.

This card synergizes most with Medivh Valet because the main issue with Valet in an aggro deck was that you could not set up a secret before turn 2 now you can. I have seen secret based decks in Wild and they are annoying to deal with. It can also set up Arcanist for 3 mana 5/5s.

This isn't technically power creep because the power level of 1 drops is already stupid high but it's not a good trend to continue.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think it makes the most sense with Counterspell currently, since that works well throughout the game, and isn't likely to be triggered on Turn 1 or 2 by your opponent.

The spells aggro decks play tend to be pretty important to their strategy as well. You can save it in a control match up and have a turn where you play a bigger threat, the 1 drop, and Counterspell to boot.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Christ I forgot about Medivh's Valet. I really don't like that card now. It's giving mage a really tough 1-2-3 punch. That leaves you with either no board on turn 3 and a mirrior entity up or playing into ME on turn 2 in order to prevent the blowout from the Valet. Not fun when you lose a game right off the bat due to not drawing a 1-2mana minion that can afford to be copied.

Szadek

I'm not seeing the card get played in anything other than aggro.
It does next to nothing in Freeze and is not good enough in tempo to Start running secrets again.

fertygo

the hypothetical secret aggro mage with that new 1-drop is like much shittier hypothetical all-out "aggro" miracoli rogue with new coin

not happening

I'm pretty sure mirror entity is pretty bad vs shaman. It's also bad vs freeze mage or any list that happens to be running doomsayer. It's also bad or merely okay vs a lot of aggro and midrange decks. And besides doomsayer, mistress of mixtures is the next best thing to copy on mirror entity.

This card is no mad scientist and it competes with mana wyrm and babbling book in tempo mage.

There is the potential for another new secret and it's likely. If it's as strong as cat trick is, then maybe secret mage is strong enough.

Pooya

I was suspecting that the secret in Karazhan that Aran plays was actually a real card or close to it that they had to remove. I'm wondering if we're getting something like that now because that'd be good and annoying lol.

Flame_Wreath%2842176%29.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah no one is playing this in FM. This is an aggro Mage/Secrets Mage card.

Alex into ice block is a hell of a wombo combo though. Not being able to Alex and ice block the same turn loses freeze mage a whole lot of turns. It basically enables an offensive Alex in more situations.

I say it could easily get played in a deck that cycles so much.

ZealousD

I was suspecting that the secret in Karazhan that Aran plays was actually a real card or close to it that they had to remove. I'm wondering if we're getting something like that now because that'd be good and annoying lol.

There is a zero percent chance that it was planned to go into the actual game as strong as that.

Ladekabel

When WotG hit I thought Blizzard was done with pushing Secrets through overpowered cards. Karazhan and this card proofed me wrong.

I can see this card not getting played at all. Depends on the Mage Secret for this expansion though.

Most of all, I wish Blizzard would make these aggressive 1 drops 1/1s.

Edit: Legendary seems alright. Turn 7 Flamestrike plus 5/5.

Dahbomb

I'm pretty sure mirror entity is pretty bad vs shaman.
Depends on how it's played.

Worst targets:

Tunnel Trogg: Probably going to be the most common but if they play Trogg into the 2/1, then they lose Trogg, Mage has initiative with the 1/2 remaining Trogg and whatever else they will play for 2 mana.

Totem Golem: Excellent target early on to be honest.

Flametongue/Mana Tide: If they use up all of their turn in the early game to play these Totems then you will get to keep your 2/1 and their Totem. Though usually Shaman will play this card alongside a buffed Spirit Claws.

And that's it. Other targets are 477, Fire Elemental, Thunderbluff, Azure Drake, Thalnos, Thing from Below, Ragnaros... all good enough targets for Mirror Entity.

It's honestly not that bad and at the very least it can deter them from playing Totem Golem. If you have Counter Spell up then it might protect you from Lightning Bolt/Hex/LS/Maelstrom Portal.

fertygo

the thing is many already try cho'gall in renolock, its total shite

but Mage does have fireland portal I guess? but in reno mage its only 1 copy for each

I think its shite

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Thats pretty mediocre. It has Synergy with Kazakus, but what if you draw the cards in reverse order? Maybe I'm underestimating the card, but it feels pretty weak with existing cards. You would need to play a spell of 5 or more mana to really get value out of the card.

Dahbomb

In Reno Mage, this is far superior to Chogall.

Mostly because you are not paying the health penalty (which is very relevant to Warlocks) and Mage has a ton of expensive spells they can use.

Pyroblast, Firelands Portal, Blizzard, Flamestrike, Cabalist's Tome etc. And now we have Kazakus potions too.

Chogall can be used in non Renolock and has better stats but that's really it. Warlock currently doesn't have the spells to support that effect but Mage does.

Easily the best Mage Legendary since classic although that still might not be enough if Reno Mage is not good going forward.

Also if it's not apparent, you need the spell to cost more than 3 for this to be worth it. Not that difficult to do but if you are using this to cast Ice Block then you are kinda wasting this card's potential.

Chogall sucks because it has anti synergy with itself and Warlock.

You want to play Chogall with an expensive spell.. but Warlock doesn't have many good expensive spells and even if you pull it off you are losing a ton of health doing it.

Wow... I just did Twisting Nether on turn 7 using Chogall and lost 8 HP. Sick combo bro!

5/5 is 4.5 mana. This costs 7. 2.5 mana spells = no gain. I think you combo this with something like cabalist's tome, flamestrike, or firelands portal, basically giving you a free 5/5. In a weird way, it's just a stronger sorceress apprentice.

Also, kazakus's 10 mana potion for the cost of like 5 mana overall? Yeah. That could be insane.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You can play cards like Flamestrike, Firelands Portal, or Blizzard, while also getting a 5/5.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't run it in Kazakus Mage.

ZealousD

Of course. If you don't give Kibler a Dragon, give him a Control/Reno Mage card instead.

The spell actually has to be sort of expensive for this new card to be worth it, imo. If you Fireball that's kind of like a 3 mana 5/5, which is okay considering you have the restriction of playing this card first. That's probably the floor. More likely you want to be doing something like Flame Lance, Flamestrike, Firelands Portal, or Pyroblast. I guess Blizzard and Cabalist's Tome are also good. Maybe you can even combo with Archthief Rafaam? That's cute.

I think this is better than Cho'Gall.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You can play cards like Flamestrike, Firelands Portal, or Blizzard, while also getting a 5/5.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't run it in Kazakus Mage.
It's definitely a "must have" on a Kazakus deck for sure.

I dont want Reno to leave standard :(
Reno and Elise should be changed to Standard cards.

ZealousD

but Mage does have fireland portal I guess? but in reno mage its only 1 copy for each

I think its shite

Cho'Gall is terrible in Renolock because it doesn't have enough spells that synergize with it. The spells either do too much damage to your hero, have too little impact, or they end up hurting Cho'Gall himself. Mage doesn't have either of these problems. They have a full kit of expensive spells that don't damage this card, and this card doesn't make them worry about their life total.

I forgot about Archfiend Rafaam lol.

I still don't think you play that card.

That's why I said it's "cute". You probably don't play Archthief just to combo with this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom