• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

jade rogue ugh.... that new jade deathrattle minion (jade swarmer) is so poorly stated. While you are busy duping him your aggro opponent will simply go face ;(

I hjave no idea what they planned for us to do with that shatty minion. buff him with shadow sensei to make him viable???

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
jade rogue ugh.... that new jade deathrattle minion (jade swarmer) is so poorly stated. While you are busy duping him your aggro opponent will simply go face ;(

I hjave no idea what they planned for us to do with that shatty minion. buff him with shadow sensei to make him viable???

Unearthed Raptor.

patchday

yeah I've fought against some jade rogues that were doing that. Meanwhile their hit points is rapidly approaching zero

what is jade rogue on the snapshot tier 3 or was it tier 5 I forgot

Dahbomb

the renolock beat me earlier by stealing the White Eyes. I one shot white eyes but to no avail- the 5 10/10 card gets top decked by renolock. He plays it and then uses faceless manipulator

Back to aggro for the time being. dont craft White Eyes he will be yer worst enemy even in upper ranks. Sure sometimes he might win but other times he will screw you so hard

edit- maybe only play White eyes in Renolock matchup only after you see Sylvannas come out but thats such a pain in the arse
edit2 - ironically a Devolve could have helped but this deck does not have it.
Why would you play the card when you know Sylvanas has not been played? You wait until Sylvanas has been played then you play White Eyes because then the Renolock has no way to deal with it outside of a Kazakus spell and if White Eyes absorbs a Kaz spell then you are coming out ahead.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

As with all the Jade focused decks the idea behind them is that the game is Rock Paper Scissors. Jade beats control, control beats Aggro, Aggro beats Jade. Sadly "Midrange" (which is just a slightly slower aggro most of the time) breaks the idea apart. So midrange beats both Jade and Control unless you tech specifically for it in which case you lose to face aggro and the whole idea is just toast.

Jade as the anti-control deck idea is really cool and fun. But since control and Reno aren't prevalent enough compared to the rest, Jade deck are just not viable. You can splash in some Jade cards to get some efficient 1/1s or 2/2s along with your weapons or what have you, but focusing on the Jade stuff isn't gonna pan out most of the time in this Meta sadly. =/

patchday

I repeat my post:

edit- maybe only play White eyes in Renolock matchup only after you see Sylvannas come out but thats such a pain in the arse.

edit: Upon reflection, if I had built up a board first at least then Sylvannas would've likely grabbed something less devastating so I believe that's a better approach. Unfortunately renolock is so devastating with all thier board clears he wiped out all my totems and stuff right before. So yeah I was screwed

Couldn't even start a game a couple hours ago. Tavern Brawl, Ranked, etc. Shop was working fine though. Good to know where Blizzard's priorities are.

I played a Jade Rogue that spent all game making golems (played Jade Spirit and Shadowstep twice, Unearthed
Raptor) while I just went face with Flamestrike in reserve if it got out of control. Topdecked Fireball for lethal.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
yeah I've fought against some jade rogues that were doing that. Meanwhile their hit points is rapidly approaching zero

what is jade rogue on the snapshot tier 3 or was it tier 5 I forgot

I mean, the whole point of the Jade Golem mechanic is to lose out on early tempo so that you can make huge bodies and threats later with ridiculous efficiency. You really can't make Jade Swarmer any better without making it so that Jade Rogue loses zero tempo.

Part of the problem is that we now have some of the fastest aggro openers the game has ever seen, second only to the pre-nerf undertaker meta. That's putting a damper on going all-in on the jade stuff.

patchday

which goes back to my post where I say jade rogue is ugh atm. I hate to stomp on all these bright dreams but I hate to see people burn all their dust expecting something to help them out

But Aya still used in aggro shaman so it's not wasted dust crafting her

After like 4 years, I got my first golden legendary yesterday! It's trash, but it's 1600 dust of trash :)

I convinced my buddy to start playing a couple years ago and he got a golden legendary in one of his first packs. The salt was real.

After this, I will have 3.75k dust. Any recommendations on some killer decks that don't use any expansion cards?

patchday

After like 4 years, I got my first golden legendary yesterday! It's trash, but it's 1600 dust of trash :)

I convinced my buddy to start playing a couple years ago and he got a golden legendary in one of his first packs. The salt was real.

After this, I will have 3.75k dust. Any recommendations on some killer decks that don't use any expansion cards?

what an odd request I am actually confused what does this mean? You want a deck that doesnt use any expansions at all? I cant do that lol

You can probably build strong decks from last meta, tempo mage, midrange shaman, and malygos druid using few cards from the new expansion if any.

what an odd request I am actually confused what does this mean? You want a deck that doesnt use any expansions at all? I cant do that lol
Lol! I meant any of the Solo Adventure cards that you have to pay for.
You can probably build strong decks from last meta, tempo mage, midrange shaman, and malygos druid using few cards from the new expansion if any.
Thanks, just wondering if anything cheap is top tier right meow

patchday

Almost forgot bout my rogue daily quota (for golden in few months). just running a miracle w/shaku was able to meet daily quota fairly easily. Rogue is just feeling so good to play and I think shaku wasnt even drawn in any of my hands. was mostly carried by Edwin and leeroy tonight

but since rogue is only at 124 wins its going to take some real persistence to ascend to Gold

kevyward

IEhKYIM.png

Finally managed to get a 12 win in arena!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Generally there's not enough interest on GAF to support MOBA hero threads on the Gaming forum itself, but I thought people here might be interested in the newest leaked character for Heroes of the Storm given who it is:

patchday

Funny I also been playing Heroes of the Storm on the side. I think that game is the perfect companion to this one. I get to see all my favorite heroes and cards come to life there fully animated

Would try to get Valeera to L10 in HoTS for real....

edit--->

got so excited bout the Valeera leak in HoTS I forgot to reply to other posts...

IEhKYIM.png

Finally managed to get a 12 win in arena!

Grats! Thats awesome what loot you get!??

2 turns in a row with Confessor! Hearthstone is a game of skill

I would've kept that priest legendary if I ever got it. instead I kept getting that dude that makes 1/1 copies and kept dusting him

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i don't understand how every time I'm playing as aggro, my opponent always has Reno when they need it, but every time I play Reno, it's in the bottom of my fucking deck somehow

Generally there's not enough interest on GAF to support MOBA hero threads on the Gaming forum itself, but I thought people here might be interested in the newest leaked character for Heroes of the Storm given who it is:

But does he always win?

Edit: nevermind, I thought Medivh was the leaked character. I guess he's in the game already? I don't play it.

Re: Valeera, I don't really have much to say about her. Honestly, of all the HS heroes, she's the one I know least about. I've read a decent chunk of the Warcraft novels -- yeah yeah, shut up -- and she has never even been mentioned yet. Every other hero has, as far as I remember.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
But does he always win?

Edit: nevermind, I thought Medivh was the leaked character. I guess he's in the game already? I don't play it.

Re: Valeera, I don't really have much to say about her. Honestly, of all the HS heroes, she's the one I know least about. I've read a decent chunk of the Warcraft novels -- yeah yeah, shut up -- and she has never even been mentioned yet. Every other hero has, as far as I remember.

She was in the comic book no one read, which is why everyone considers her a Hearthstone character.

Miletius

Burgle Rogue continues to be hilarious.

Prep into pilfered power on turn 3 with 3 minions on board. I had 6 mana against a druid that only had 4. Played Rag on Turn 5 to end the game.

squidyj

jade control mirror match with both hexes in the bottom 7 cards of my deck.
it's cool, I didn't feel like winning anyways.

Blizzard

Banned
I guess I actually built an okay mage deck for the tavern brawl, at least with the mediocre AI it has. I got my first 60 gold quest, win 5 brawl matches. I won all 5 in a row, though the last one was very close. :D

She was in the comic book no one read, which is why everyone considers her a Hearthstone character.

I think the last time Valeera was in WoW (before the Rogue class hall this expansion) was the Lich King pre-patch. Wonder how many Hearthstone players saw her for the first time and thought "who?"...

Should've been Patches though, now there's a hero.

squidyj

buccaneer
prep
2xcold blood
2xevis
edwin
leeroy

all in the first 10 cards drawn, my rogue opponent was very skilled at hearthstone.

scarlet

Is the server down? I got a lot of disconnection since yesterday

edit:

1 loss again freeze mage when I had lethal cuz of disconnection

and right now I'm stuck at finding opponent screen for almost 3 minutes

I'm so annoyed and wanted to throw my phone.

Miletius

Is the server down? I got a lot of disconnection since yesterday

edit:

1 loss again freeze mage when I had lethal cuz of disconnection

and right now I'm stuck at finding opponent screen for almost 3 minutes

I'm so annoyed and wanted to throw my phone.

Are you on the West Coast of the United States? They said they were having connection issues there yesterday. If not, I'd contact support.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
yeah its fun to play but I wouldn't burn dust on White Eyes unless you have all the other must haves for sure. Hallazeal is a bit iffy too since we got that new Jinyu guy

(edit-- To elaborate, White Eyes is a deathrattle just begging for a polymorph/entomb/hex left & right. It's a miracle when he survives to actually give you the 5 10/10. Hallazeal is iffy cause soon Elemental destruction rotates and an aggro player nowadays are going face)

edt 2 - Another example. A few days ago on my Pirate Warrior I come across a Control Shaman. Granted I didnt see him play Jinyu but he wrecked my board. but even with just like 2 minions all I had to do was one shot White Eyes. Next he cast Ancestral on his Thing From Below. I one shot it with Axe,then one shot it again with Leeroy. Then next turn I swing at his face.

Now if he got a heal off I could have lost. But this shammy dies in like 6-7 turns and that's with 3 full taunts.

I repeat- Don't burn yer dust on White Eyes just yet.

That's why my N'zoth shaman deck is built to make them wish they had 5 polymorph/entomb/hex instead of only 1 or 2.

Don't want to lose your Aya or White Eyes? Wait for turn 10 Faceless/White Eyes for two White Eyes on the same turn. Or bait out those removals with an on curve Earth Elemental or Sylvanus or put an Ancestral Spirit on a Thing From Below. Sometimes you might even prefer your white eyes to be the one to eat the entomb or transform so you can put ancestral spirit on a earth elemental and win the game now that they're out of removal.

Mage, Priest, and Warlock are my best matchups thanks to this.

Decklist

Winrates this season, rank 19 to 13

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I guess I've caught up to the higher rank meta. Of the 18 games I played today, 13 were against Shaman or Warrior.

Winrates

My strategy of feeding on Mage, Priest, and Warlock isn't so great when i literally face only 2 of that group over 18 games.

At least playing against Pirate Warrior is getting a little easier with more practice, but it'll take a long time to reach rank 5 and legend at this rate.

Well, I guess I've caught up to the higher rank meta. Of the 18 games I played today, 13 were against Shaman or Warrior.

Winrates

My strategy of feeding on Mage, Priest, and Warlock isn't so great when i literally face only 2 of that group over 18 games.

At least playing against Pirate Warrior is getting a little easier with more practice, but it'll take a long time to reach rank 5 and legend at this rate.

legend is overrated, just hit rank 5 then play meme decks and have fun

scarlet

Just had comeback against Reno mage. Dude had lethal, luckily I had Alex and Nefarian from netherspite. Also manic soulcaster from DO. 4 spells from Nefarian won me the game. I bet he hate priest so much.

I wish there's a way to record on phone like hsreplay. If I use the game launcher recording feature on my phone it could take more than 1 GB.

Slowly climbing my way up again.

bjaelke

Brode talking standard rotation and moving (more) classic cards to Wild. They want the majority of the cards in each deck to be from the new expansions/adventures (= buy more packs).
The goal with Standard is to keep the meta fresh for each yearly rotation. There are some benefits to keeping Basic and Classic cards in Standard: Returning players have an entry-point to the new format, and new players experience classics like "Hogger" and "Arcane Missiles" that are iconic and great introductions to the game. People take breaks from Hearthstone, and being able to jump right back in with a few cards you already own and understand makes that experience a lot better.

That upside has a real downside in working directly against the big goal for Standard. It needs to feel different each year, and if Basic and Classic cards are still appearing in large densities year after year, we will not be achieving our goals for Standard.

We knew we weren't going to get there when the Year of the Kraken began, so we nerfed 12 basic/classic cards, to put more of the weight of the meta into the rotating sets. We always knew we'd have to watch the meta to see if any future changes would be needed when we got ready for the next year of Standard. If things are looking like they are going to be too same-y for that next year, we could see more nerfs, or we might rotate some additional classic cards to Wild, like we did with Old Murk Eye. No matter what, we're committed to making Standard fresh and exciting each new year.
Given the goal of Standard is to keep the game fresh each year, it's important to keep a lot of the power of the cards in the expansions, and not in the basic and classic sets. It's not clear what that balance of power should look like (is it ~10 cards from the basic and classic sets on average?), but we're currently skewed so high towards basic and classic cards in decks, that we are at high risk for 'samey-ness' as the years change in Standard. Buffing Basic/Classic cards *increases* that risk. If the goal is to get more cool cards into the meta, just releasing awesome new cards in expansions should make an impact there, and still keep Standard fresh.
Thalnos and Azure Drake on the chopping block?

Pooya

Thalnos? no. why. That's like the most harmless card. It's a very specialized card. It's not general purpose like azure drake.

Ragnaros is the main offender right now from classic legendary minions imo, you want a big guy, you just put this in. It might not be that popular right now but it was for most of 2016 and same will happen again in 2017 eventually. Rag shots in world championship was really silly too.

The other card is Kor'Kron Elite. I'm pretty sure this one will join Arcane Golem in the charge graveyard. Who knows, maybe Leeroy too but I doubt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom