• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

vS data report 32

priest is falling down, i guess aggro shaman is hard to deal with without a decent hand and its hard to deal with the late game burst without healing cards.
It's actually the opposite, VS believes that Priest might come back because Rogues and Warlocks have been struggling/stagnating at high ranks.

The main story in there is that Shaman is back to pre-MSG domination again. 2016 was basically the year of Shaman when all is said and done, it had a dominant deck in just about every phase of the meta games in 2016.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's actually the opposite, VS believes that Priest might come back because Rogues and Warlocks have been struggling/stagnating at high ranks.

The main story in there is that Shaman is back to pre-MSG domination again. 2016 was basically the year of Shaman when all is said and done, it had a dominant deck in just about every phase of the meta games in 2016.

Even pre WOTOG? I started around then so I'm not familiar.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey how long can I expect the adventures to stick around? Just rejoined teh game after playing it a bit in 2015 or so, and I noticed Naxxramas Adventure is now gone (though I bought it so I guess I can still play it?) and was wondering when Blackrock or the other 2 adventures would be going away.

Also if I was looking to buy new packs, should I be going right for the Gadgetstan stuff? Is it even worth it to go for the other 2 non classic sets? Feel like buying an adventure or 2 and then getting like 20$ worth of packs so I can start playing around with new cards in my decks.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Hey how long can I expect the adventures to stick around? Just rejoined teh game after playing it a bit in 2015 or so, and I noticed Naxxramas Adventure is now gone (though I bought it so I guess I can still play it?) and was wondering when Blackrock or the other 2 adventures would be going away.

Also if I was looking to buy new packs, should I be going right for the Gadgetstan stuff? Is it even worth it to go for the other 2 non classic sets? Feel like buying an adventure or 2 and then getting like 20$ worth of packs so I can start playing around with new cards in my decks.

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you've purchased at least one wing of the adventure, you will be able to purchase the others once the adventure has cycled out.

I don't believe we have a specific date for when Blackrock and the others are going away, but I've heard people guess sometime between February and April.

I'd recommend going straight for Gadgetzan, as those will be viable for the longest, and then as you figure out what sorts of decks you want to play, you can craft cards as you need them.

Q8D3vil

Tired of losing to priest pull cards out of my deck with Drake op
Priest is tier 2 at best and need godly hand to deal with the early game of tier 1 decks, thats after being shit for a freaking year (used to be bottom tier 2/tier 3 during dr balance meta).
Dragon priest is boring as fuck though and probably wont last after dragons rotates out.
I want control fatigue priest back, but fuck jade druid ( currently playing jade druid :p ).

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It sucks that so many people hate playing against priest. The class is really fun to play as! It isn't just the last few posters either, this sentiment has been around since the game released and priest had Mind Control. It's really fun to take the opponent's cards and try to make them work for you. It COULD have been used to add skill and interesting counter-play to the game, but generally doesn't work out that way.

Using stuff like Thoughtsteal and Mind Vision gives you in theory some good cards (they were good enough to make it into your opponent's deck after all), but when you get something like Tirion out of it and proceed to faceroll because LOLTirion, it negates the 45 times you used to and got a 2/4 that works with overload or something lame like acidic swamp ooze. So in every case the opponent only sees either it have very little or no effect or they get completely and utterly crushed by it. It's why when you lose to the priest who uses Mind Control it feels bad, but at 10 mana you don't get a lot of room to complain, yet when they thoughtsteal your Tirion and Sylvannas (in addition to running their own Sylvannas and probably getting one from Museum curator --who rotates out in March/April RIP) you get salt overload. The anecdotal effect of one really bad experience overrides all the good/mediocre ones.

I have no idea how to solve that issue, and with Priest seeming to get "steal yo minions" as a theme (Shadow Madness, Potion of Madness, Cabal Shadowpriest, MC, etc) it ends up making the entire class a problem where if Priest was a dominant as say Shaman has been this year, the community reaction would be so intense and shitty that Blizzard can probably never put the Priest in T1 level decks. At least it feels like that to me at the moment.

I'll keep running my Reno Shadowpriest and pretending to be as good at the deck as Kibler despite it sucking. Raza is cool and Potion of Madness makes me really happy. That's all I got.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
it's really hard to avoid being an ass by using the "thanks" emote every time an opponent drops a big minion I can steal.

it's just so tempting

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It is probably the most played Neutral card and has set the bar for how good neturals can be since basically always.

I wouldn't cry if they changed it, but I don't see a particular reason to do so either. Just because the card is good and popular doesn't mean there is a problem with it. I'd imagine something like STB or Patches would be more interesting to the design team's nerf gun sights. Things that have outsized effects on the meta game and are sliding into every deck that can run them (Hunters in Wild are running pirates, and paladins are too-- Hell Paladins would run them in standard if their non-truesilver weapons weren't grabage).

Pooya

they printed a 6 drop 4/4 draw 2 cards with a condition. then we have new ancient of lore, azure drake seems above curve with recent standards in mind.

I think the problem is that 5 drops in this game are just so terrible, drake doesn't feel OP or anything like that but it's above curve still.

It's in a lot of decks, it's going to be in a lot of decks after rotation still. Every druid and rogue deck will play them still, shaman will need it even more after rotation. If they want to change the feel of the game, they will change it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just because the card is good and popular doesn't mean there is a problem with it.

2qEKFmg.gif

patchday

It sucks that so many people hate playing against priest. The class is really fun to play as! It isn't just the last few posters either, this sentiment has been around since the game released and priest had Mind Control. It's really fun to take the opponent's cards and try to make them work for you. It COULD have been used to add skill and interesting counter-play to the game, but generally doesn't work out that way.

Using stuff like Thoughtsteal and Mind Vision gives you in theory some good cards (they were good enough to make it into your opponent's deck after all), but when you get something like Tirion out of it and proceed to faceroll because LOLTirion, it negates the 45 times you used to and got a 2/4 that works with overload or something lame like acidic swamp ooze. So in every case the opponent only sees either it have very little or no effect or they get completely and utterly crushed by it. It's why when you lose to the priest who uses Mind Control it feels bad, but at 10 mana you don't get a lot of room to complain, yet when they thoughtsteal your Tirion and Sylvannas (in addition to running their own Sylvannas and probably getting one from Museum curator --who rotates out in March/April RIP) you get salt overload. The anecdotal effect of one really bad experience overrides all the good/mediocre ones.

I have no idea how to solve that issue, and with Priest seeming to get "steal yo minions" as a theme (Shadow Madness, Potion of Madness, Cabal Shadowpriest, MC, etc) it ends up making the entire class a problem where if Priest was a dominant as say Shaman has been this year, the community reaction would be so intense and shitty that Blizzard can probably never put the Priest in T1 level decks. At least it feels like that to me at the moment.

I'll keep running my Reno Shadowpriest and pretending to be as good at the deck as Kibler despite it sucking. Raza is cool and Potion of Madness makes me really happy. That's all I got.

yeah I wish Priests didnt exist they are such a horrible class to play against. I have no idea what Team 5 was thinking when they conceived that class.

I'd prefer to wade through an army of pirate warriors & shaman on my rogue rather than fight a priest. And the worse the player is behind the priest- the more they focus on stealing your cards lol (edit- this comment not aimed at you- I am thinking of the typical beginner priest with Mind Control / Entomb / Thoughtsteal and a crapton of removals but nothing else)

I'd play a lot more greedy decks if it wasn't for that awful class.

(Funny I was thinking I was going to play Hearthstone for a bit but just thinking bout tthat class makes me want to boot up another game now)

Dahbomb

I wish the meta was all Priest then I could farm them all with greedy Jaraxxus Renolock.

The Priests theme is heal and steal with a dash of Shadow Priest thrown in.

not the best draft i've ever had, but most likely the most fun deck i've ever snagged. works suprisingly well despite the curve
gmxWvXP.png

argent commander is 30

good example of why u should stop using deck trackers when u dont need them though, it would've gone mad af at me for being so greedy im sure

manhack

Not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky. Not laddering too fast this season and ranks 20-16 seem to be all priest, reno mage, renolock. Almost no aggro decks to be seen.

patchday

Not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky. Not laddering too fast this season and ranks 20-16 seem to be all priest, reno mage, renolock. Almost no aggro decks to be seen.

I must have fought like 4 priests straight on my way to Wild rank 15. only reason I didnt get too triggered I was on the aggro shaman

Every time I play this game I recognize how incredible it is but can't get past the fact that you either have to grind or pay. The game should be WAY better at matching you with people you actually have a chance to beat.

scarlet

not the best draft i've ever had, but most likely the most fun deck i've ever snagged. works suprisingly well despite the curve
gmxWvXP.png

argent commander is 30

good example of why u should stop using deck trackers when u dont need them though, it would've gone mad af at me for being so greedy im sure

Playing arena now with rogue. And I got 2 argent commander.

Should've been chose 1 doppelganger

Interesting he's running Beardo + Saraad. I called this combo as soon as Beardo was announced!!!

I still don't have Beardo myself

I had beardo. My only legendary from pack. Dusted it for leeroy.

KuroNeeko

Man, rank 20 is just so much Reno....

Just lost three games with my Reno Hunter. Checked the decklist and saw I'd forgotten to include Reno...lol

Walock just coined out a Bloodsail Raider with no Patches...should I be worried?
edit: There's the second one

patchday

Well I guess I angered the matchmaking gods. It's been a constant stream of aggro Shaman and Pirate Warrior since hitting rank 16.

Well as long as I can beat them half the time I'll be happy.

there will always be aggro for whatever reason I had to fight an army of them even on last day of season (actually not an army--- but I did encounter the occasional pirate warrior). some people will wait a few days and then start.

for instance i hit 15 in an hour or so on Wild (same for Standard I stop there at 16). maybe in a few days I'll feel like playing again and it will be with my aggro decks most likely

KuroNeeko

I've long been a priest player, but heck, Jade Shaman is just a lot of fun to play.

Conversely, I've been finding Dragon Priest to be dreadfully boring. I may play around with some non-Dragon Reno Priest, but if not, probably just stick to Jade N'Zoth Shaman or Crusher Shaman.

Q8D3vil

I've long been a priest player, but heck, Jade Shaman is just a lot of fun to play.

Conversely, I've been finding Dragon Priest to be dreadfully boring. I may play around with some non-Dragon Reno Priest, but if not, probably just stick to Jade N'Zoth Shaman or Crusher Shaman.

Crusher shaman and concede shaman are so much fun to play with white eyes.

KuroNeeko

Crusher shaman and concede shaman are so much fun to play with white eyes.

Yeah, White Eyes was my first legendary from this set and I love playing him with N'zoth.

It might not be optimal, but I've just been really digging Jade Shaman with Aya, White Eyes, Claws, and the Chieftains. Wish Rogue had gotten a bit more love. The Skulkers are just too weak. I hate that Rogue is all Miracle right now when N'zoth Rogue was one of my favorite archtypes.

To be honest, I missed the whole Shaman Hype Train and am just now getting into the class. It's a lot of fun and there are a ton of different builds you can play. Evo, Aggro, N'zoth, Jade, Mid, Finley / Murloc...they, along with Warrior, really seem like the most robust classes in the game right now.

Q8D3vil

Yeah, White Eyes was my first legendary from this set and I love playing him with N'zoth.

It might not be optimal, but I've just been really digging Jade Shaman with Aya, White Eyes, Claws, and the Chieftains. Wish Rogue had gotten a bit more love. The Skulkers are just too weak. I hate that Rogue is all Miracle right now when N'zoth Rogue was one of my favorite archtypes.

To be honest, I missed the whole Shaman Hype Train and am just now getting into the class. It's a lot of fun and there are a ton of different builds you can play. Evo, Aggro, N'zoth, Jade, Mid, Finley / Murloc...they, along with Warrior, really seem like the most robust classes in the game right now.
I think hallazeal the ascended is one of the best legendaries, i really wish it was a priest legendairy :/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I love white eyes too. I'm hoping to get my N'Zoth Jade Shaman with it to rank 5 this season. Would be nice to get there once without netdecking.

Decklist

16-3 against priest with it overall, and 5-1 against warlock after some changes. 3-0 against Paladin and Hunter overall too.

I'm ok running about even with rogue, druid and shaman, but the pirate warrior matchup is what's bumming me out. How much do you have to tech against that class to stand a chance?

ZeroX03

Banned
Gave in and crafted Blackpaw. Jade'll be around for a while. At least I hope so. I like Jade Druid too, even if it isn't top tier.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I find Hallazeal annoyingly difficult to use. Turn 7-8 is so late in the game for a good single turn combo with him, and that's assuming you aren't overloaded.

I guess throwing him down turn 5 against aggro either sets a single turn clock or forces them to treat it like a taunt, but unfortunately single turn lethal on turn 6 is usually pretty easy for them if you ignore their board turn 5.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I play this game I recognize how incredible it is but can't get past the fact that you either have to grind or pay. The game should be WAY better at matching you with people you actually have a chance to beat.

I know, it's crazy. It's insanely easy to find yourself below rank 20 if you just spend a couple months not playing much. It basically forces you to smurf.

At least it's one of the easiest F2P games to actually get everything you need for free to become top of the leaderboard. A good player can take a new account up the ranks very fast. It just sucks that new players have a hard time working up their skills to get to that point thanks to the bad matchmaking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom