• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I finally got some time to play since MSoG release... 7-7 with VLPS Shaman Control deck (No white eyes) :(

Man, why do i suck so much on games i like :(
EDIT: And now my match froze on my opponents turn, no rope , just my opponent card floating around.
EDIT: Quit the match, didnt count as lost match. Noice.

Dahbomb

I am not asking for old school Undertaker cards back.

But I think nerfs are inevitable mostly for Standard. Like they aren't going to keep Patches in Standard for 2 years, they have to nerf it soon anyway. And rotating it out this soon is crazy too.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I am not asking for old school Undertaker cards back.

But I think nerfs are inevitable mostly for Standard. Like they aren't going to keep Patches in Standard for 2 years, they have to nerf it soon anyway. And rotating it out this soon is crazy too.

They aren't going to nerf Patches. There's no room to hit its stats, and you can't change its effect without making it useless.

Easier fix is to just drop STB's effect down by 1 attack.

Dahbomb

You can remove the Charge text from Patches and it would still see play.

Or you can make it have a requirement of having two Pirates on board.

fertygo

They aren't going to nerf Patches. There's no room to hit its stats, and you can't change its effect without making it useless.

Easier fix is to just drop STB's effect down by 1 attack.

When blizz nerf shit they never think like that, they made shit just unplayable anymore

its the correct thing to do for patches anyway tbh

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I still don't understand why you guys feel the need to nerf every card that's good.

Like, there's nothing wrong with Azure Drake.

Dahbomb

I still don't understand why you guys feel the need to nerf every card that's good.

Like, there's nothing wrong with Azure Drake.
Because this is what Blizzard has set up themselves. They have set the standard for nerfing cards based on certain criteria. If they never nerfed cards before then people wouldn't be asking for these nerfs.

And Azure Drake is mathematically well above the power curve/expected stats for its cost.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It is so weird when you play people in wild who clearly are using old decks from before standard rotation.

Played a paladin who used no cards past Wotog, leper gnomes, owls, wolfriders, etc. It was rank 15 too so not completely dumpster.

It is so weird when you play people in wild who clearly are using old decks from before standard rotation.

Played a paladin who used no cards past Wotog, leper gnomes, owls, wolfriders, etc. It was rank 15 too so not completely dumpster.

half the point of wild is being able to play old legacy decks. maybe he hasn't even played in a year and doesn't have any new cards, this game is stupid expensive if you take a break from it....

leper gnome is fine might have had hidden 3/3 divine shield dudes, or hobgoblin

owl isn't actually a bad card atm in face decks considering how everyone gets so greedy thinking it doesn't get run anymore

i wish you could run the cards unnerfed in wild though, silly not to be able to use 2/ 1 lepers in wild

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They could make Patches just cost more mana, so the times you do draw him, you are more fucked. Like make him cost 3 mana.

AYS

Neo Member
They could make Patches just cost more mana, so the times you do draw him, you are more fucked. Like make him cost 3 mana.

That doesn't nerf the majority of why the card is so powerful, the free 1/1 charge body, and just makes the times you draw it even worse.

drak operative is so busted it's not even funny, the card could have azure drake stats and it would still get played, no way that card doesn't get nerfed somehow

i know 'wahwah now priest is playable' i play wild priest was fantastic to begin with not my fault you plebes fall for the con of having your expensive hard earned cards rendered useless annually.

manhack

I finally got some time to play since MSoG release... 7-7 with VLPS Shaman Control deck (No white eyes) :(

Man, why do i suck so much on games i like :(

7-7 isn't that bad really. Some would argue that 50% is the expected outcome. Especially if you can string a win-streak in there.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I feel like there is no place for midrange any more.

It's either fast as hell decks or reno kazakus.

Ladder is hell for me right now. Climbed to 14 with dragon priest and then fell all the way to 19.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I enjoyed the break from the Naxx and GvG cards this year, but I think next year I'll play a lot more wild. A bunch of archetypes are going to be crippled in Standard one the rotation happens, and I don't think they will give replacements to the majority of them.

I really wish Blizard would give the Mech Tribe more support though. Wind-up Burglebot is the only card worth anything, and it sucks.

drak operative is so busted it's not even funny, the card could have azure drake stats and it would still get played, no way that card doesn't get nerfed somehow

i know 'wahwah now priest is playable' i play wild priest was fantastic to begin with not my fault you plebes fall for the con of having your expensive hard earned cards rendered useless annually.

Some of us plebs want the cards rendered useless annually. And if you play wild, prepare for drakonid operative to be legal, as is, forever :p

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

But you want cards never to be nerfed in wild.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I definitely expect them to try and kill off Miracle Rogue. It's one of the few decks that hasn't changed heavily over the years, and the cards that enable it to work make it difficult to make Rogue stronger in other ways.

It's also entirely possible this puts them in the Paladin position where they don't have anything to do anymore after the rotation, but that seems to have been fine with Blizzard and Paladin for a year now.

fertygo

is control warrior in wild any good?

tempted to buld control warr, justicar rotated out soon but if in wild still decent why not

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We don't know what Blizzard considers as problematic but more importantly it's about those auto include cards that are used in every one of the class decks ever.

I am thinking stuff like Innervate. They said Basic cards too and of course they aren't god damn talking about cards like Senjin and Yeti here.

This can potentially be really terrible for new players because some of the class basic cards was the only way they could get anything going. Imagine having to construct a F2P Druid deck and not have access to Innervate and Swipe as a new player.

This also means that Freeze Mage might finally be RIP in peace.

They don't match newer players against ones with larger collections. This is actually why the biggest thing they match on in Casual is collection size.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I definitely expect them to try and kill off Miracle Rogue. It's one of the few decks that hasn't changed heavily over the years, and the cards that enable it to work make it difficult to make Rogue stronger in other ways.

It's also entirely possible this puts them in the Paladin position where they don't have anything to do anymore after the rotation, but that seems to have been fine with Blizzard and Paladin for a year now.

Make Preparation wild only
mayatomr_laugh.gif

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They don't match newer players against ones with larger collections. This is actually why the biggest thing they match on in Casual is collection size.

I don't know that this is true. Have they ever said that?

If I go on a losing streak in casual I start getting matched up against some pretty janky decks.

I thought it was a normal win loss MMR style like in Legend just without the exposed number.

But you want cards never to be nerfed in wild.

i want hunter not to be a steaming pile of shit, give hunter a 5/6 beast that draws an opponents card if you have a beast and watch hearthstone reddit immediately turn into martial law. class was 100% fine before they slaughtered call of the wild for no good reason

luoapp

That doesn't nerf the majority of why the card is so powerful, the free 1/1 charge body, and just makes the times you draw it even worse.

Change the summoning condition to " After you play a pirate costing 3 mana or more...", that will slow things down quite a bit.

blessing of might is super underrated. so good on wickerflame and finja, and having 2 in hand can really help busting through a deathlord or grabbing lethal for cheap

So are you running an anyfin deck of some sorts?

yeah i'm refining two wild decks right now, one's an anyfin with an nzoth package of shredder/belcher/tirion/sylvanas added in (finja, warleader, charges and murkeye), the other is more minion oriented

4vetV37.png

i think i added sludges and getaway kodos to this one though because aggro was getting stupid annoying, and kodo is actually really amazing in decks like this

i hate the old anyfin style of using pyro/equality and all the board clears, it's just anti fun to me, that's why i like wild, you can make decks full of bullets like this one that are actually fun to play

i want hunter not to be a steaming pile of shit, give hunter a 5/6 beast that draws an opponents card if you have a beast and watch hearthstone reddit immediately turn into martial law. class was 100% fine before they slaughtered call of the wild for no good reason

LOL... call of the wild was not nerfed for no good reason. They don't nerf that lightly... not even close.

LOL... call of the wild was not nerfed for no good reason. They don't nerf that lightly... not even close.

and the class evaporated like a fart in the wind the day they nerfed it. terrible thing to do. even in wild. i had so much fun with zoo/flood hunter with snake traps and such when COTW was 8, it's the only reason i have a 500 win class ( i fart around too much with different decks, like 5 classes between 100-250 but COTW made so many archetypes and homebrews possible )

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The problem with killing miracle is that rogue is left with pretty much nothing. I mean sure there are tier 3 archetypes rolling around, but overall, you are killing the class.

Yeah, Blizard really needs to figure out where they want the class to go. I hope that if Blizard is rotating cards out of standard, to also rotate cards into standard.

and the class evaporated like a fart in the wind the day they nerfed it. terrible thing to do. even in wild. i had so much fun with zoo/flood hunter with snake traps and such when COTW was 8, it's the only reason i have a 500 win class ( i fart around too much with different decks, like 5 classes between 100-250 but COTW made so many archetypes and homebrews possible )

Do we even play the same game? Hunter was well played after it's nerf. That is a complete falsehood to claim otherwise. It's only been a month since hunter has been fairly weak in the meta, which happens from time to time to every class in the game. No reason to claim it's COTW being nerfed that caused it, especially when it wasn't even true directly after COTW was nerfed.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Do we even play the same game? Hunter was well played after it's nerf. That is a complete falsehood to claim otherwise. It's only been a month since hunter has been fairly weak in the meta, which happens from time to time to every class in the game. No reason to claim it's COTW being nerfed that caused it, especially when it wasn't even true directly after COTW was nerfed.

It had to get way more aggressive though.

Dahbomb

First of all Hunter was widely played after the CotW nerf. People are forgetting Aggro Secret Hunter already?

And secondly there was no "good" home brew Hunter deck.... ever. In the history of HS. Ever.

All Hunter decks can be divided into two categories: Some stupidly broken Hunter deck based around broken cards like OG UTH + Buzzard (so 1% of the time that Hunter has been around) OR on Curve Midrange/Aggressive Hunter decks featuring Beasts/Deathrattles (the other 99% of the time that Hunter has been in the game).

Control Hunter, Lock n Load Hunter, OTK Combo Hunter, Yogg Hunter, Dragon Hunter, Mech Hunter, Fatigue/Mill Hunter... these are all bad decks that occasionally work due to some broken card that can be used better in a more refined Hunter list or some other class deck entirely.

Current hunter wouldn't be helped by an 8 mana call of the wild much these days, you're not gonna make it to turn 8 against pirate aggro and you're unlikely to outvalue the Reno decks though it would help.

Sounds like Blizzard is keen on the idea of moving Basic/Classic cards to Wild with full dust refunds for the latter.

Bit interested in how they'd do it though. If they moved class cards surely they would have to be replaced by something else right?

Sounds like Blizzard is keen on the idea of moving Basic/Classic cards to Wild with full dust refunds for the latter.

Bit interested in how they'd do it though. If they moved class cards surely they would have to be replaced by something else right?

nah they already did it with murk eye sans the refund

bjaelke

Yeah but Murk-Eye was technically part of the Promo set, and neutral as well.

If they were to, say, move Innervate to Wild then surely Druid just wouldn't be left one card down in Standard right?

Blizzard aren't going to move the class cards to Wild as they are part of an "identity". If they are to touch them it's going to be through nerfs or revamps (e.g. Charge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom