• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

I find Hallazeal annoyingly difficult to use. Turn 7-8 is so late in the game for a good single turn combo with him, and that's assuming you aren't overloaded.

I guess throwing him down turn 5 against aggro either sets a single turn clock or forces them to treat it like a taunt, but unfortunately single turn lethal on turn 6 is usually pretty easy for them if you ignore their board turn 5.

Crusher/Nzoth shaman are really hard to play and you need to stick to it for many games before it clicks with you. Managing overload and knowing when to drop certain combo cards is a major key.

squidyj

died with my control shaman by not playing around 2xPO combo from renolock.
I should have just slammed n'zoth or healing waved myself but I was too greedy :( it was my game to lose too.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
died with my control shaman by not playing around 2xPO combo from renolock.
I should have just slammed n'zoth or healing waved myself but I was too greedy :( it was my game to lose too.

And I just lost against renolock because I thought i didn't need to play around 20 damage burst with 14 cards left in his deck and kept my Thing From Bellow in hand.

Maybe i should have read it from his slow start, but man it's hard to juggle the million fantastic AOE they have with the potential for 20 damage burst.

Renolock just wins games sometimes, thanks to that dumb burst combo.

Anyhow, I swapped Hallazeal for Harrison Jones to try to help with pirate warrior. I understand why Ooze is so much better, but I really don't want to make my curve any lower for the other matchups. I hope it's still ok.

squidyj

And I just lost against renolock because I thought i didn't need to play around 20 damage burst with 14 cards left in his deck and kept my Thing From Bellow in hand.

Maybe i should have read it from his slow start, but man it's hard to juggle the million fantastic AOE they have with the potential for 20 damage burst.

Renolock just wins games sometimes.

In my case at least it was my game to lose, I had everything I needed and he had blown through most of his stuff, between healing, n'zoth, and drawing a storm guardian I could have easily locked him out, I just failed to play around the only thing he could have that would beat me.

KuroNeeko

Renolock just wins games sometimes, thanks to that dumb burst combo.

Anyhow, I swapped Hallazeal for Harrison Jones to try to help with pirate warrior. I understand why Ooze is so much better, but I really don't want to make my curve any lower for the other matchups. I hope it's still ok.

Good news(?) is that recent meta reports like those in the VS are showing that Aggro Shaman and Reno Mage are on the rise--two matchups where the combo does very little to help secure a win.

Newer builds are starting to cut the combo (YES!) for more stability. A more dedicated Reno Lock player can tell you more. A waning Reno Lock is one of two things needed for Reno Priest to make a comeback so...

Beat a renolock in wild with Secret Patchadin after he renod and jaraxxusd. Due to a ton of weapons and divine favour. Also got a Twisting Nether from a 6/5 underbelly huckster I got from a Shredder.
I still gotta disagree with the deck being tier 2

DSmalls84

Ladder has been pretty difficult to climb this month. Facing a ton of different decks (mostly control). Anyone having a lot of success with a particular deck/class?

patapuf

Miracle is T1, all variations have a small pirate package.

Ty.

Not sure i'm willing to keep playing standart Miracle. I wish Rogue would get something else for once.

Eh, i may keep trying to get Murloc Paladin to work. I've been having decent success with that.

patchday

Yeah I guess the new shiny expansion is wearing off on me already. I did log on yesterday morning to do my quests in the Tavern Brawl and then logged off

Might take it easy this month. I really love the game but I need to get caught up on my TV shows and stuff.

I kinda want to try Dragon Priest / Reno priest and see what the game is like from their point of view.

DSmalls84

Yeah I guess the new shiny expansion is wearing off on me already. I did log on yesterday morning to do my quests in the Tavern Brawl and then logged off

Might take it easy this month. I really love the game but I need to get caught up on my TV shows and stuff.

I kinda want to try Dragon Priest / Reno priest and see what the game is like from their point of view.

Dragon Priest is pretty solid. Played it from Rank 9-6 last month. Feels basically like a slower Dragon Warrior. Still haven't tried Reno Priest yet.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dang, Mobius rotated Levi out
You didnt have to do him like that man :(

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Kibler loses to
Raza/Colderra Drake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMV_BGdPiq8

I wonder what that looked like on the other player's side.
Did they click on something to cancel the animation?

I watched this video and also want to know what the opponent was doing there.

I'm fairly certain that without some kind of shenanigans you can't make the animations of the hero power flipping over happen fast enough to do this. I mean clearly they did, but it seems like it should be impossible to me.

bjaelke

yqxcUHL.png

Hard to say no with a name like that.

I'm fairly certain that without some kind of shenanigans you can't make the animations of the hero power flipping over happen fast enough to do this. I mean clearly they did, but it seems like it should be impossible to me.

comments said he queued a spell, frostbolt, to buy time but really not sure how that works.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

You can cancel the animations of cards by clicking on the cards on the left hand side of the screen when they show up, I am not sure if you can do something similar with the hero power.

I think the fact that the frost bolt hovered as long as it did was basically showing that he cast the frostbolt much sooner, but that kibler was having to wait for the animations to play out before the game showed the frostbolt being cast.

luoapp

No shenganian required. See here, the ping is much faster at the dealer's end than at the receiver's end. (23 pings in 40 sec)
https://youtu.be/e-r2j68P_c0?t=217

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else having issues playing? I'm trying to get in some tavern brawl at work to complete my daily (Play 50 Warrior Cards), but it dropped connection from a game a half hour ago, and when I try to start a new one it just loads and loads.

A while ago I opened a Golden.... Madam Goya. I sighed.

Right now I am trying to think of a Stealth based Rogue to possibly use this card. I am failing

I have been trying her out in casual and saw you can use the Goya Battlecry on a Brann and still draw out two card from your deck. I dont know if that helps me at all.

I am going to find a use for this card if it kill me!

Schnauzer

So I have done about about 20 arena's with the worst options ever. The last one had 0 epics and 0 legendary, also bad selection of cards. My second opponent another Warrior

Turn 1:
N'zoth's First Mate, Coin Small-Time Baccaneer, Patches.

Turn 2:
Hobart

Turn 3:
Blood Sail

Turn 4:
Death Bite'

Turn 5:
Blood Sail + Upgrade

Turn 6:
Sylvanous

WTF.... I'm seriously floored.

Dahbomb

So I have done about about 20 arena's with the worst options ever. The last one had 0 epics and 0 legendary, also bad selection of cards. My second opponent another Warrior

Turn 1:
N'zoth's First Mate, Coin Small-Time Baccaneer, Patches.

Turn 2:
Hobart

Turn 3:
Blood Sail

Turn 4:
Death Bite'

Turn 5:
Blood Sail + Upgrade

Turn 6:
Sylvanous

WTF.... I'm seriously floored.
You didn't last that long but on turn 7 he had Dr Boom.

And I don't know if it's possible to have 0 epics though you actually don't want epics but most of them are terrible.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
VLPS decks are legit cool LINK

C1ecvI-XUAAoJDV.jpg

Gonna check if i have enough dust for Aya Blackpaw
Man, im also missing White eyes. #RIPControlShaman

Otnopolit

Had an amazing arena match/moment this afternoon! First minion I played with a coined out Kabal Carrier on turn two, and picked up everybody's favorite card DOOM. Flash forward to the end of the game when I did everything I could to hold off using it until the right time.

Cue my opponent's Deathwing, which lead to his wobbling runts to die and create the little guys and my dreadstead to survive. He has lethal as I'm at 11 health. "Greetings, Traveler"

"Greetings." Play DOOM, draw 5, his hand his empty and I win. So epic.

Schnauzer

You didn't last that long but on turn 7 he had Dr Boom.

And I don't know if it's possible to have 0 epics though you actually don't want epics but most of them are terrible.

You are right. I just went over my deck I have one Sleep with the Fishes. Those must have been terrible options.

squidyj

keep getting unable to start a game :(
fix your shit blizz!

Ugh, 6th time in a row I give up, just wanted to play some jade n'zoth control shammy but no.

DSmalls84

I wouldnt burn dust on a Control Shaman in this meta unless you just have nothing better to use it on

I second that. I crafted some cards to try Control Shaman and haven't been super impressed. Pretty good in Aggro Matches but can be hard to pilot in long Reno matches.

patchday

yeah its fun to play but I wouldn't burn dust on White Eyes unless you have all the other must haves for sure. Hallazeal is a bit iffy too since we got that new Jinyu guy

(edit-- To elaborate, White Eyes is a deathrattle just begging for a polymorph/entomb/hex left & right. It's a miracle when he survives to actually give you the 5 10/10. Hallazeal is iffy cause soon Elemental destruction rotates and an aggro player nowadays are going face)

edt 2 - Another example. A few days ago on my Pirate Warrior I come across a Control Shaman. Granted I didnt see him play Jinyu but he wrecked my board. but even with just like 2 minions all I had to do was one shot White Eyes. Next he cast Ancestral on his Thing From Below. I one shot it with Axe,then one shot it again with Leeroy. Then next turn I swing at his face.

Now if he got a heal off I could have lost. But this shammy dies in like 6-7 turns and that's with 3 full taunts.

I repeat- Don't burn yer dust on White Eyes just yet.

DSmalls84

yeah its fun to play but I wouldn't burn dust on White Eyes unless you have all the other must haves for sure. Hallazeal is a bit iffy too since we got that new Jinyu guy

(edit-- To elaborate, White Eyes is a deathrattle just begging for a polymorph/entomb/hex left & right. It's a miracle when he survives to actually give you the 5 10/10. Hallazeal is iffy cause soon Elemental destruction rotates and an aggro player nowadays are going face)

edt 2 - Another example. A few days ago on my Pirate Warrior I come across a Control Shaman. Granted I didnt see him play Jinyu but he wrecked my board. but even with just like 2 minions all I had to do was one shot White Eyes. Next he cast Ancestral on his Thing From Below. I one shot it with Axe,then one shot it again with Leeroy. Then next turn I swing at his face.

Now if he got a heal off I could have lost. But this shammy dies in like 6-7 turns and that's with 3 full taunts.

In a perfect world you could play White Eyes>Ancestral Spirit for 2 5/5 taunts and 2 Storm Guardians in your deck (plus 2 more of each if somehow that matchup lasts until you play N'Zoth). In reality I think I have played this combo once without silence hitting White Eyes.

Q8D3vil

I played few games with conede maly where i got 10/10 vs both control and aggro.
I dont mind poly on white eyes since that means i can just ancestral spirit on other target and malygos having much higher chance in surviving late game.

patchday

Man I forgot bout Silence lol there's just so many ways to shutdown deathrattle minions ;(

I hate to imagine what a Dragon Priest will do to a Control Shaman did the streamer encounter one? Dragon Priests worth anything will surely entomb White Eyes or find him with Dragon Operative. But luckily Control Shaman has plenty of Hex

I have the feeling I will get owned tho. I always had problems with Priests with Control Shaman in the past. Noxious got clever and armed his deck with legends that would give Priests not much value if stolen

edit- Now Frodan's Bog Shaman was nice. Usually no one wants to steal bog creepers and if they steal an Earth elemental it will overload the Priest and they lack the tools to get out of Overload

squidyj

you're realistically looking at mid shaman and maybe dragon priest? that's going to be able to reliably deal with your deathrattles in that manner, warlock can't do it, warrior can't do it, rogue can sap for tempo but it's not the same thing. With the way the games shape up today, white eyes goes off and if white eyes doesn't go off your other deathrattles will. one of poly's, one of entombs, and kazakus potions aren't going to be that effective.

there are lots of tools to shut it down in the card set, but they aren't really showing up in matches where they might otherwise be relevant.

In a perfect world you could play White Eyes>Ancestral Spirit for 2 5/5 taunts and 2 Storm Guardians in your deck (plus 2 more of each if somehow that matchup lasts until you play N'Zoth). In reality I think I have played this combo once without silence hitting White Eyes.

yeah don't make all in plays like that if they might be holding that sort of effect (unless you have to), put out the white eyes, if they kill it your white eyes did okay, if they poly it you didn't waste the spirit, if they don't do either you get to go off next turn.

patchday

Just played the VLPS Control Shaman on standard and beat the first Aggro Shaman I came across. Idk it will take a lot more matches to form an opinion

edit- errr, ok just beat this aggro beast druid too. Luckily I'm seeing nothing but aggro and jumped up a rank.

patchday

you're realistically looking at mid shaman and maybe dragon priest? that's going to be able to reliably deal with your deathrattles in that manner, warlock can't do it, warrior can't do it, rogue can sap for tempo but it's not the same thing. With the way the games shape up today, white eyes goes off and if white eyes doesn't go off your other deathrattles will. one of poly's, one of entombs, and kazakus potions aren't going to be that effective.

there are lots of tools to shut it down in the card set, but they aren't really showing up in matches where they might otherwise be relevant.

Yeah I am going from last season when I just got my brand new White eyes from a pack and watched him get poly'ed by Reno mage, stolen by Priests (Entomb), and hex'ed by mid range Shaman

but you know how it is. It all depends on the matchups and the ladder. So far I'm getting lucky and seeing lots of aggro that anxiously hitting concede as soon as I breakout Hallazeal / Heals / Eleemntal Destruction. They are just assuming I'm aggro

didnt have hardly any time to play this month So I'm rank 15 on both wild & standard atm. All my posts are only relevant for higher ranks.

only reason I will keep mentioning my rank in these posts so everyone knows where I'm coming from and can reasonably expect the skill level of dudes I'm facing

patchday

dann renolock just stole my White Eyes with Sylvannas + PO

I wonder why they amke so many deathrattle minions they know they are near worthless in this game

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of the priest decks cut that Kabal Songstealer though, which means they don't have any copies of sliences unless they are running the 0 mana spell (which why would you do that?). Silences in general are pretty tough to find outside of Earth Shock in control shaman. They used to be more worthwhile in Wild where everyone and their brother ran N'Zoth and Sludge Belcher but that is getting more rare these days. The good silence targets are generally big taunts and buffed stuff which is more prevalent in Wild (Velen's Chosen back to Standard plzzzzz), but in Standard there isn't much of that outside of huge Twilight Drakes, anything that gets hit with Argus and like... Power Word Shiled and Talonpriest? I dunno it just feels a lot worse. Definitely not worth including Silence the card. Earthshock at least screws over Acolyte of Pain and Loot Horder who are still in lots of Reno decks.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
VLPS decks are legit cool LINK

Gonna check if i have enough dust for Aya Blackpaw
Man, im also missing White eyes. #RIPControlShaman

Hey, that shaman is not to different from what I'm running. I knew Aya was good enough to include some jade cards but not all even in a more controlling deck.

patchday

the renolock beat me earlier by stealing the White Eyes. I one shot white eyes but to no avail- the 5 10/10 card gets top decked by renolock. He plays it and then uses faceless manipulator

Back to aggro for the time being. dont craft White Eyes he will be yer worst enemy even in upper ranks. Sure sometimes he might win but other times he will screw you so hard

edit- maybe only play White eyes in Renolock matchup only after you see Sylvannas come out but thats such a pain in the arse
edit2 - ironically a Devolve could have helped but this deck does not have it.

Fersis

Thanks for the feedback broskies!
I plan to craft Aya cuz i wanna try somekind of a Jade Rogue deck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom