• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I hope they nerf a whole of lot of cards. They probably nerf with standard in mind and don't want to nerf cards again in 40 days. So I hope there are like 10 cards again.

One more week...

manhack

I hope they nerf a whole of lot of cards. They probably nerf with standard in mind and don't want to nerf cards again in 40 days. So I hope there are like 10 cards again.

One more week...

That would be the dream scenario for sure. Gives us a month or two of a fresh meta before the standard rotation and a chance to see what MSoG should of have given us.

Dahbomb

One more week...
That's not going to happen. 2 cards nerfed tops and then they will either rotate cards or nerf cards with the new rotation.

manhack

That's not going to happen. 2 cards nerfed tops and then they will either rotate cards or nerf cards with the new rotation.

I don't think there is any way the nerf less than 4 cards. Even if they are saving the mass nerfs for rotation I just don't believe 2 cards will have any effect on the meta. Patches and Small time buccaneer can easily be replaced, even in Pirate Warrior.

It has to be 1 or 2 pirates, at least shaman cards and some other random card nobody wanted nerfed, but will be obvious once the new expansion comes out. (or not)

Dahbomb

How can they nerf Patches without changing its "play from deck" property though?
You need 2 or more Pirates on board for it to come from the deck.

That way it makes it harder to include it in non Pirate decks.

STB needs a different type of nerf, I am still fine with it being moved to be a Rogue card.

Blizzard

Banned
Okay seriously what the hell is up with Arena? I barely squeak out a win in my first round with a mediocre druid draft and the very next person I play not only has a Faceless + BGH combo but he also drops a lategame Deathwing which throws away a Xaril too.

Is there like a secret code I'm supposed to enter or something; how are so many people getting 2+ legendary drafts for me to consistently match into them at the very beginning of a run?
I don't think I've had a single legendary in draft for my last 10-12 arena runs, just like I haven't had mage as an option for those runs as best I can recall.

It could be I'm a reverse lottery winner or something. How often are you supposed to get a legendary offered in arena draft?

luoapp

You need 2 or more Pirates on board for it to come from the deck.

That way it makes it harder to include it in non Pirate decks.

STB needs a different type of nerf, I am still fine with it being moved to be a Rogue card.

Right. Or with a pirate cost at least X mana, to make it come out later.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How can they nerf Patches without changing its "play from deck" property though?

Maybe no charge? So the opponent has 1 turn to deal with him?
I agree with Dahbomb, STB should be a Rogue card (Or they can make it 1 HP and just +1 attack)

I just played to fatigue against a Reno Priest that... didn't have a Reno. Ouch. Kazakus is good, but that deck would be terrrrible in this meta without a Reno.

Eddie Bax

Playing as a Reno priest variant, just got beaten by a weird C'Thun rogue that played two Beneath the Grounds on me. Haven't seen that one before, true homebrew or cribbed from somewhere else? Either way, kudos to that dude, notevenmad.gif

Playing as a Reno priest variant, just got beaten by a weird C'Thun rogue that played two Beneath the Grounds on me. Haven't seen that one before, true homebrew or cribbed from somewhere else? Either way, kudos to that dude, notevenmad.gif

Because there are so many Reno decks around -- they are one of the few archetypes that can survive such an aggressive meta -- many Rogues have teched in BTG. It's a fantastic counter to Reno/Kazakus.

Utah uses double lightning storm to take care of 1 Emperor Thaurisan while having a 2/2 Golem on the board... Guess they started drinking before the cast began.

squidyj

Whats going on?

misplays.
misplays everywhere.

There was a lethal out with nat the darkfisher, which the washington team missed.
but then the casters were like "this darkfisher doesn't matter, trading into it is bad" when the darkfisher represented lethal on board.
utah likewase had misplays.

Utah uses double lightning storm to take care of 1 Emperor Thaurisan while having a 2/2 Golem on the board... Guess they started drinking before the cast began.

I think that play was right, the major consideration to not playing double storm is actually just the overload, You want to represent more minions on board, particularly they wanted to pressure for aoe so they could unload, the big problem was they wound up overloaded down to 6 and played brann to a single activation which is not what you want. ideally you hit double claws or claws + spirit for 2 activations and a resilient board of big minions.

squidyj

At the end of the game washington had the opportunity to attempt an rng greater arcane missiles in order to not get their block popped which they chose but the better play was more likely firelands portal to represent a more significant board presence.
This would encourage your opponent to trade in order to protect his life total, thus protecting your block, or he doesn't trade and you might be able to represent lethal next turn.

Sheroking

Such dirt!

Hearthstone_Screenshot_02_13_17_23_49_33.png

My thoughts on meta balancing:
1) Pirates are out of hand. Increase STB cost to 2. This messes up Pirate curve and prevents crazy damage from 2 early STBs.
2) Jade everything is crazy good. Increase Aya's cost by 1. It has way too powerful body with battlecry and death rattle that can steamroll the game.
3) Goons suck. Not sure what could be done here as the entire archetype is too slow for this meta. Dan Honcho (or whatever he is called, I keep forgetting) is extremely underutilized as the flagship card of the card group compared to Cabal/Jade flagship cards. I think +0/+1 stat bump would be a slight buff that would make him more durable and a little bit better as he would have a slightly higher chance of surviving turn one. But it won't fix the Goons by any stretch. If the next expansion doesn't have good Pally/Warrior/Hunter cards they're done.

I hope they incorporate these changes in the next patch. There are other things I may have not noticed, but this expansion as fun as it was has been severely unbalanced. It will indeed require a lot of nerfs and buffs to make it all right balance wise.

Arjen

I know it is not competitive att all, but im having a lot of fun with my kun cthun deck. Pulling off those crazy combos is so cool.

Dm929fb.png

This game man... Like I don't even know anymore :| And before anyone asks, yes this was a Pirate Warrior. And he conceded on Turn 2 immediately too.

At least he had "Boar Control" for what it's worth.

Has anyone heard anything about a Blizzard panel at PAX East this year?

2016 was the first East without a Blizzard panel, but it seems like this year would align well for an expansion announcement and new Overwatch and Heroes stuff.

wiibomb

Dm929fb.png

This game man... Like I don't even know anymore :| And before anyone asks, yes this was a Pirate Warrior. And he conceded on Turn 2 immediately too.

hahahaha this is the lamest pacthes I have seen... poor budget sMORC

Dahbomb

Dm929fb.png

He probably saw people use Patches and was like "oh man 1 mana 1/1s with Charge are really good in this game! Let me fill my decks with them!"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
He probably saw people use Patches and was like "oh man 1 mana 1/1s with Charge are really good in this game! Let me fill my decks with them!"

I'm guessing it was more just that they looked at a decklist and were like "I need a Patches replacement... this will do!"

Blizzard

Banned
OK, this is completely absurd. Something like 13-14 arena runs with no mage being offered, and if I recall correctly, the same distance until I was finally offered a legendary (today).

In case I'm just ranting and imagining things that didn't happen, from now on I am writing down statistics from every arena run until I get mage. I'll probably get it very soon doing this, thus invalidating my rant. :p

Current arena results:

Mage offered 0/1
Legendary offered 1/1

Does anyone know how often you're supposed to be offered a legendary, and whether the class distribution is supposed to be 1/9 for all classes?

Dahbomb

It was worse in the Karazhan meta where it was Shaman making up a wide majority of Ladder. There was really only Midrange Shaman at the top.

At least now it's Patches plus Reno. Yes that's bad but arguably it was worse before.

We had videos about state of meta before in Karazhan too.

gutshot

STB at one health is a lot easier to deal with.

Spirit Claws too, you can't curve into spell damage totem on turn 2, or combo Thalnos+weapon on turn 3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
btw... do you think this changes will do anything? my jade shaman didn't get nerfed at all by this..

Shaman (Jade/Midrange) will still be Tier 1 but its gonna feel the upcoming rotation a bit harder now.

wiibomb

Ranked floors seem utterly useless. What problem with the ladder does that actually solve?

I won't fear of using my not-so-good renopriest deck at rank 10... further up I'll still be using more shaman... I believe that's a good change, minor, but still good

Blizzard

Banned
If my streak of non-mage arena runs wasn't bad enough, I just played two rogues in a row who had amazing cards for body and removal, and then a warrior who got no less than THREE legendaries from discover cards.

I really may start asking someone to spectate my arena drafting / runs to see if I'm as unlucky as I feel, lol.

Dahbomb

This is going to put a dent in Aggro but not enough.

Reno Mage is in best position here because they can now ping down STB or kill a Pirate board with Arcane Explosion/Arcane Missiles/Twilight Flamecaller. Renolock can answer with mortal coil, Control Warrior has better options too. Might bring back Hunter because they can answer STB with Unleash and Alleycat. Makes Druids better too.

Pirate Warriors just got more unfun and dumber to play. You could use STB to trade before, now it will ALWAYS go face. People are still going to play Pirates because Patches is still broken.

Spirit Claw nerf is substantial, might actually remove it from aggro decks. Big nerf to Shamans in Arena too, they got carried a lot by this card. I think it might be enough to cut Pirates from Shaman which significantly lowers the power level of Aggro Shaman.

I think Pirate Warrior and Rogues will still use the same exact Pirate deck list but Shamans will adjust. That was their design goal to begin with. Midrange Jade Shaman should still be strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom