• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
poor face decks, got nothing. someone think of the face.

I miss face decks. Not so much I want them back for a full rotation, but an occasional brawl or something might be nice.

Bringing back the most OP deck of every class with a premade deck of unnerfed cards for a brawl would be fun, like having a deck for Face Hunter, Force/Savage Druid, Patron Warrior, Secret Paladin, Handlock, Freeze Mage, Midrange Shaman, Oil Rogue, and wild N'Zoth Priest.

Crazy that only 4 out of 9 of those decks are currently viable in Wild thanks to nerfs.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't know where the hell all these handlocks came from all of a sudden, but fuck jaraxxus

Kettch

Salty Reynad is the best

Why did they limit it to 4 tries

The only legitimate reason to limit it is if Blizzard were losing out from people playing it. Anyone looking at the rewards tiers would see that that's clearly not the case though.

So that just leaves dumb reasons. Trying to keep it "special". Trying to save people from wasting too much money (that's the way the entire game is monetized already). Somehow trying to appease people who don't like it by limiting it for others.

None of those make any sense. That's about all I can think of.

Dahbomb

Best reason I can think of limiting is that someone with a large amount of money can play it a bunch of times and then maybe high roll one roll and basically make up for a bunch of runs.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they took the gambling complaints to heart and are limiting it so kids don't end up spending thousands of dollars participating in it.

There's a new card reveal on Hearthstone's YouTube channel by Li Bo and Bai Ze.

3 Mana Rare Warlock Potion
Give a Minion +3 Attack. If it's a Demon, give it +3 health as well.

They also talk about the Kabal Common minion that gives you a random potion and the new Warlock 7 Mana 6/6 Infernal.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

They also talk about the Kabal Common minion that gives you a random potion and the new Warlock 7 Mana 6/6 Infernal.

That seems really bad. There aren't enough playable demons.

Dahbomb

Card is like on the fringe of playability. It's kinda like Demonfire. You can use the 3 attack to trade up with a non demon minion or buff a small Demon into a much larger one.

I doubt this will get played but it's not outside the range of playability as it may seem.

That seems really bad. There aren't enough playable demons.
Average Zoolock deck these days runs 10 demons. Two Malch Imp, Two Flame Imps, Two Voidwalkers, Two Imp Gangs and two Doomguards. And we haven't seen the rest of this expansion yet, maybe there are more demons.

Dahbomb

+3/+3 for 3 mana isn't even particularly great, let alone having half of it be conditional.

Certainly adds a bad outcome to Kabal Chemist I guess.
Oh man I forgot about the Kabal Chemist implication. This card makes it a lot worse.

And Kripp starting off his streams firing off some massive shots. Amaz am cry.

People are saying Dog got 0-3 in the Brawl... is that true? I don't think it is.

Dahbomb

Kripp talking about his 80% Freeze Mage win rate against rank 17-18 players ... LMAO!

Nothing will make my day than him queing into 3 Shamans and losing 0-3 despite it being a winning match up for him. I think he might "click the button" in his salt fit.

If the Brawl is limited to 4 runs, wouldn't it be best to wait until the end of the week when all hardcore players have expended their runs and casuals are left over?

NBtoaster

A lot of zoo decks use Demonfire at the moment, so it could be a replacement. It compares pretty poorly in versatility and value though. Still it turns a 1/3 into a 4/6 which is hard to deal with.

Dahbomb

Reynad loses to Secret Paladin in Heroic Brawl and goes 4-3 with Paladin.

L

U

L

And yeah based off what I have seen, the Brawl does match you up with people at the same wins/loss at you. At lower ranks you see a lot of meme decks, way more than should be normal in a high stakes Brawl like this and at the top end it's Shaman after Shaman.

This pretty much means that you kinda have to run meta decks vs anti meta decks because meta decks punish these meme decks far better. So basically pick Shaman anyway.

no pic of new card on thread yet? :p

636149315439525912.png

in before blizzard be pushing that demon gimmick

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Reynad loses to Secret Paladin in Heroic Brawl and goes 4-3 with Paladin.

L

U

L

And yeah based off what I have seen, the Brawl does match you up with people at the same wins/loss at you. At lower ranks you see a lot of meme decks, way more than should be normal in a high stakes Brawl like this and at the top end it's Shaman after Shaman.

This pretty much means that you kinda have to run meta decks vs anti meta decks because meta decks punish these meme decks far better. So basically pick Shaman anyway.

I can't play until tomorrow, but I hope it stays like that. Shaman vs Shaman can be easy when you're teched for it and they don't know what they're doing.

People don't seem to be teching against shaman at all from what I've been seeing from streams.

jgminto

If it was an unconditional 3/3 for 3 it would probably see play but there aren't actually that many demons in Zoolock, I think it's a third of your deck in Discardlock with the three 1 drop demons, Imp Gang Bosses and Doomguards making 10. I don't think that's consistent enough to take up a slot.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If that card also could be used to deal 3 damage to an enemy minion, it would be super playable. Demonfire is actually a lot better than people give it credit for, but what makes it so good is that it can also be used as removal.

Crosseyes

Banned
It may be only in the scrub ranks of 13-14 but I largely prefer those ranks over the hyper optimized stuff of single digits.

Deckbuilding is probably the most fun I have in hearthstone and messing around with a miracle C'thun shenanigan deck when I have very little idea how to play miracle rogue is the most fun I've had for a long while.

Bloodfury potion seems mediocre. But playable and while not as versatile as power overwhelming, it does get you a value trade off a demon every once in a while. And sometimes it's just 3 mana for 3 face damage, could be worse.

Dahbomb

Kripp currently 8-1 lol

Man if he actually not in love-hate relationship with the game he could've elite player
He got really lucky with not only his draws but his opponents as well. Kinda high rolled through to the end where he faced against real opponents and folded.

Now he's on his second run already 0-2.

fertygo

He got really lucky with not only his draws but his opponents as well. Kinda high rolled through to the end where he faced against real opponents and folded.

Now he's on his second run already 0-2.

Well its entering tryhard hour lol

btw its seem the skill cap of player pool is actually really low, they play top meta deck at 0-4 win but seems uncomfortable playing it or just bad, any known player basically already get their 12 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom