• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

I think I'm done spending money on this game, as it looks pretty hard to justify the 50 packs when there is so much useless filler as commons this time. I'll probably just disenchant most of my gold cards to get what I want, and I'll have around 2000 gold.

I think I'm done spending money on this game, as it looks pretty hard to justify the 50 packs when there is so much useless filler as commons this time. I'll probably just disenchant most of my gold cards to get what I want, and I'll have around 2000 gold.

Let's remember around 71 or so cards have been released out of 132. That's bit more than half. Wait until rest are revealed before doing something you might regret! Like disenchanting cards.

Szadek

636149315439525912.png
Unplayable trash.
I have no idea what they were thinking with this card, unless they made the card shit on purpose.

NBtoaster

Let's remember around 71 or so cards have been released out of 132. That's bit more than half. Wait until rest are revealed before doing something you might regret! Like disenchanting cards.

I haven't done anything yet, but there are only so many cards and day after day some type of trash is revealed like that Leper and the Hogriders.

Xanathus

All of the card pack expansions after GVG have been filled with noncompetitive filler cards. I always advice people not to buy many packs as it's better to just craft the specific epic/legendary cards that you need.

Of course if you don't have the dust to craft the cards then you'll want to buy packs, but then you should just buy packs that have common/rares that you want and then dust the extras and use that towards the new cards.

Peléo

This card might have potential if a minion based Demonlock deck ever becomes a thing. One day it will be a powerful 3-drop on Wild, specially if they ever print a good 2drop. Buffing Voidwalker is already decent value. I like the card, even if it doesnt fit any current warlock archetype.

Xanathus

Regarding Bloodfury Potion, I think it's just a bad/sub-par potion card that's there to nerf the Potion-generating cards so that they don't always have only good options. They probably don't intend to make any more Potion cards after this expansion so they need to make sure that the pool of potions isn't too good or they end up with a Murloc Knight situation.

Szadek

Peléo;224758557 said:
This card might have potential if a minion based Demonlock deck ever becomes a thing. One day it will be a powerful 3-drop on Wild, specially if they ever print a good 2drop. Buffing Voidwalker is already decent value. I like the card, even if it doesnt fit any current warlock archetype.
Tha value isn't good even if you have a demon.
If you don't have one then this is card is abysmal.

Peléo

Tha value isn't good even if you have a demon.
If you don't have one then this is card is abysmal.

I'm not sure about that. Velen's Chosen was bonkers, even though it heavily benefitted from Priest Hero Power. Blessing of Kings is also a powerful card. I'm aware it doesnt scale the same way and this card is less flexible due to the restriction, but I think it might be decent one day.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just saw Backstreet Leper. Wow that card is awful.

Half the set revealed and it's so disappointing. The only thing that would save it for me is a bunch of great aggro Shaman tools, but both Shaman and aggro are gonna get shafted this set.

Pooya

that card exists to balance the potion girl. We still need like two more like this otherwise, its a 4 mana 3/3 add aoe clear to your hand.

Just saw Backstreet Leper. Wow that card is awful.

Half the set revealed and it's so disappointing. The only thing that would save it for me is a bunch of great aggro Shaman tools, but both Shaman and aggro are gonna get shafted this set.

Is this real life? Why would you want the game to stay the same?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
As a Rogue player i would like cards that let me play a different deck than a "Miracle" deck.
Maybe some good healing minions, reliable AOE or good weapons.

As a Rogue player i would like cards that let me play a different deck than a "Miracle" deck.
Maybe some good healing minions, reliable AOE or good weapons.
Hm I'm the opposite miracle is the most fun deck in the game for me right now and cards for that is all I want from rogue. That thirst has pretty much been sated with the coin already though but I dread the day when Emperor rotates.

Pooya

If you want aoe in rogue, skulker is ok. It destroys zoolock honestly and it's not terrible against shaman either, it kills those basic totems, it's useful.

I'm not sure if having cards like that even are in this new "rogue identity" they keep babbling about, so when BRM rotates out you're pretty much screwed. Even hunter has better aoe options with unleash or explosive trap. Powershot is ok too actually just unnecessary.

Rogue would be the worst class for aoe damage when that happens.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hm I'm the opposite miracle is the most fun deck in the game for me right now and cards for that is all I want from rogue. That thirst has pretty much been sated with the coin already though but I dread the day when Emperor rotates.

Oh, im not sayin' its not fun, im just saying that Miracle is like the only viable deck type for Rogue.

Pooya

I went and looked back at their blizzcon panel and I guess I figured what Jade Lotus is about.

Their main theme is that they're hoarding Jade items. Jade is a crafting material for magical items. Now druid is getting mana, I'm pretty sure shaman is getting more spell damage. Then you have the rabbit pickpocket in the trailer and all the ninjas/assassins, those are probably garbage rogue cards. I thought it's about mana first but this is probably more likely to happen.

Honestly all it takes for rogue to be broken is like 1 or 2 cards. If the new control cards remove decks like midrange shaman or board flood in general from the meta then you don't even need aoe. It's a possibility, they're finally printing good aoe and there is a lot of them in 4-5 classes now.

G.ZZZ

I went and looked back at their blizzcon panel and I guess I figured what Jade Lotus is about.

Their main theme is that they're hoarding Jade items. Jade is a crafting material for magical items. Now druid is getting mana, I'm pretty sure shaman is getting more spell damage. Then you have the rabbit pickpocket in the trailer and all the ninjas/assassins, those are probably garbage rogue cards. I thought it's about mana first but this is probably more likely to happen.

Honestly all it takes for rogue to be broken is like 1 or 2 cards. If the new control cards remove decks like midrange shaman or board flood in general from the meta then you don't even need aoe. It's a possibility, they're finally printing good aoe and there is a lot of them in 4-5 classes now.

Seems to be pretty clearly about mana , the druid card draw is mana ramp, the coin is mana accelleration etc...

I like it a lot because it means that it gives way to decks to not be all about the curve.

gutshot

I don't think that Warlock potion is unplayable trash. It's comparable to Seal of Champions and that saw some competitive play. I think you will be able to hit a demon reliably enough and being able to trade up with your imps is something that Zoo always wants to do. I doubt it will become a staple, but it could see some fringe play.

It's obviously trash in non-Warlock decks though, so a nerf to the random Potion card in Priest and Mage decks.

Pooya

it could have been worse, hello demonfuse. The only demonbuff that has seen play so far is demonfire, because it's flexible. This is somewhat same but still way worse. The warlock creatures are played to be expendable with synergies in your deck, you don't really want to waste a 3 mana card to buff one, you'd rather play another creature. That's harder to deal with.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Bloodfury potion seems to be for a deck that hasn't been good for quite a while. The demonlock deck has been seriously lacking support since GvG and BRM so I'm not sure this is going to turn it around. That said, buffs are pretty powerful especially when we consider that warlock loves Power Overwhelming and that buff kills the minion. So a smaller buff that lets you keep your dude is not awful. But let's wait a bit, I don't think this is an amazing card, but it might be playable.

Dahbomb

Is it completely crazy to put two PO into a renolock with the Leeroy package?
Yes it's crazy. You rely on that Reno heal so much as Warlock that you cannot afford to have any duplicates in the deck. You keep Reno against aggressive match ups and you don't want to be on turn 6 with both POs in your deck.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
In some ways this card is a nice card for Renolock since it provides a bit more consistency in being able to use your smaller demons to push through bigger threats when you don't have PO or a hard removal.

bjaelke

“We really wanna make balance changes when we feel like they’re necessary to help with the overall health of the game. So I wouldn’t necessarily say we have a specific cadence where they’d always be happening with the same frequency that happened this year,” explains Chayes, “but we did feel like it was very important to get them at the two times we did this year because there were enough issues with the meta that necessitated that.

“I don’t think we’re ever going to get to a world where there are no balance patches happening, because I think as much as we try to identify all the things that we can imagine might happen to the meta as a consequence of releasing these cards, and we have a super-talented team of balance designers and that’s all they focus on, we have a very big community of incredibly smart players that find things we didn’t anticipate.”

They’ve talked about the solution to this before - clear and present rules as to what leads to changes and why. Those rules aren’t going to change. “When there are particular cards that are just auto-includes for everybody and, like, you just have to play this card because it’s so powerful it’s a no-brainer. That’s something that worries us. And the other [scenario] is when there’s a particular card or combinations of cards that make a state of game that’s not any fun to play against. We’ve definitely made changes to Mage in the past, for example, where maybe the cards weren’t dominating from just a win-percentage standpoint, but they were just so challenging to play against that it just wasn’t fun. They were making it so you couldn’t do the things you wanted to do, so we’ll make nerfs sometimes for that reason as well.”
As a Priest player that covers a lot of cards.

Dahbomb

When there are particular cards that are just auto-includes for everybody and, like, you just have to play this card because it’s so powerful it’s a no-brainer. That’s something that worries us. And the other

So when we are going to get those Prep, Fireball, Thing from Below and Innervate nerfs then?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So when we are going to get those Prep, Fireball and Innervate nerfs then?

I don't think Prep qualifies. Minion-based rogue decks don't run it.

You could probably throw Power Word: Shield in that list, too.

AllGamer

When there are particular cards that are just auto-includes for everybody and, like, you just have to play this card because it’s so powerful it’s a no-brainer. That’s something that worries us.

Why? That only means those cards are pretty good, not op. Fiery War Axe is an auto include in Warrior, doesn't need to be nerfed. Or Northshire Cleric, or Swipe, or Frost Bolt, or Eviscerate etc.

Dahbomb

Why? That only means those cards are pretty good, not op. Fiery War Axe is an auto include in Warrior, doesn't need to be nerfed. Or Northshire Cleric, or Swipe, or Frost Bolt, or Eviscerate etc.
When you have a ton of auto include cards then that limits deck building.

The game already only has 30 cards in a deck, if like 8-10 of those are filled with "auto include" cards then that just results in everyone playing very similar decks. It's just not interesting. This is what happened with Druid pre-Standard.

That's how Blizzard sees it at least. I don't personally have a major problem with it but if they start claiming stuff like that then they need to have consistency across the board... not pick and choose based on metas like they did with Execute and Rockbiter.

Dahbomb

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-27/

Tempo Mage up to 2nd in popularity. Still miles behind Midrange Shaman

Yeah this was very evident in the Heroic Brawl at high wins. Still second against Midrange Shaman but not that far off, good match ups across the board and people were too scared to use Zoolock in the Brawl.

The Brawl did succeed in creating a hyper pressure meta (at least at high ranks of the Brawl, at low ranks it was a bit of a clown fiesta) and people very quickly realized that Tempo Mage is very good in this.

Also LUL @ this quote:

Anduin and Uther have covered themselves with blankets and entered a slumber, asking us to wake them up when we get to Gadgetzan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom