• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

Pooya

old gods was a very good set and a mostly good diverse meta game, shamans weren't as absurd then. It was tolerable until Kara came out...every class except priest was present too. It only got worse as year went by.

This set is certainly interesting and they're doing lots of different things that makes every class feel different I hope. I'm concerned about Adapt in general, seems like it has a high chance to be the new source of grief with RNG in aggro deck. I feel it's undervalued and it should not be a thing on cheap low cost cards at all...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
old gods was a very good set and a mostly good diverse meta game, shamans weren't as absurd then. It was tolerable until Kara came out...every class except priest was present too. It only got worse as year went by.

Uh, Shaman was definitely absurd back then. Aggro Shaman was at its most toxic point.

Paladin was also irrelevant.

kibler is playing one right now with a wickerflame in it just about to hit legend

I want to play a standard paladin, I like it, I asked for a substitution in standard.

Last I watched his stream he was struggling to stay at 3. Gotta have a great run since. You can make legend with any deck, a gaffer just made it with a Goya deck.

I was okay with shaman in OG. Then they got spirit claws and maelstrom portal. Mostly spirit claws was what pushed them too far ahead imo.

Anyway,

blessing of might
wisdom
kings
silvermoon portal
hand of protection
holy light
divine strength
lay on hands

And dare I say dinosize and even blessed champion

I think this could be doable. I think that quest reward is powerful enough. I'm thinking maybe even elemental decklist with adapts to get stealth or divine shields for buffs. Tolvir stoneshaper for the divine shield + buff synergy. Glacial shard could be used to get some tempo plays out. Firefly giving a second elemental for both activations and buffs. Stegodon + buff on recruits.

I'm eager to see what secret they're presumably getting and the other 3 cards.

V-Faction

LastKaleidosaurR.png

Time for Mysterious Apollo: Draw 6 1-cost buffs from your deck.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
All Paladin needs is their own Cabalist's Tome.

"Survival Gear, 1 mana Epic Spell: Add 5 random spare parts to your hand"

jblank83

You guys really want to play a game where people are racing to pump out galvadon by turn 6 and killing you turn 7? It would be more annoying than miracle rogue where you lose as soon as turn 6 or 7 gadget/prep/conceal turn.

I'm pretty glad it should be an occasional win condition. Although I could see someone making an Anyfin style paladin work where you stall the game out while completing the quest and end with stealth/windfury galvadon.

No. People want Paladin not to be complete shit.

So far this set does nothing for Paladins, which makes them even worse compared to the rest of the field. Considering where Paladins are now in comparison to other classes, that's a pretty sad thought.

TFW when you clear the pally quest and then your opponent play devolve.

or sheep, or blastcrystal, or flame lance, or...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My B.Net Launcher now says Blizzard ...
End of an era.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would rather see Paladin stay bad. Even if the class is weak certain tools like Equality and Divine Favor still lurk around as things that can get wildly out of control. Blizzard's ultra lax attitude to rotating stuff out leaves uncomfortable hard limiters on classes that are struggling.

i have no idea how people can main standard and love HS, pally is and will always be fantastic in wild, looks like hunter will be back in the mix after ungoro drops as well making every class viable there

i have no idea how people can main standard and love HS, pally is and will always be fantastic in wild, looks like hunter will be back in the mix after ungoro drops as well making every class viable there

From my perspective, MC paladin is not a deck worth playing or playing against.

To me, the only cool thing about wild is playing interesting decks that can't be done in standard. Like next rotation brann rogue.

From my perspective, MC paladin is not a deck worth playing or playing against.

Anyfin is fun AF and can be played either as a hard removal or a tempo class, i think AFCH might be my favorite card the game has ever printed. you know it's coming, there's lots of ways to disrupt or outright stop it, but it's still a bomb and rewards good decision making by the player, incredibly well balanced tbh

Anyfin is fun AF and can be played either as a hard removal or a tempo class, i think AFCH might be my favorite card the game has ever printed. you know it's coming, there's lots of ways to disrupt or outright stop it, but it's still a bomb and rewards good decision making by the player, incredibly well balanced tbh

You can play anyfin in standard this past year just fine.

Dart

So far this set does nothing for Paladins, which makes them even worse compared to the rest of the field. Considering where Paladins are now in comparison to other classes, that's a pretty sad thought.

or sheep, or blastcrystal, or flame lance, or...

I almost feel bad for Paladin class, almost.
I'm still a little bitter about MC DR Combo

EmiPrime

Pirate warrior is pretty interesting when people try to bring it into Wild and proof positive that Deathlord and Belcher should never have been rotated out. Rather than being some sort of circus with all sorts of broken stuff going on, Wild actually stomps all over the most toxic decks as you now have the tools to deal with them.

Pirate warrior is pretty interesting when people try to bring it into Wild and proof positive that Deathlord and Belcher should never have been rotated out. Rather than being some sort of circus with all sorts of broken stuff going on, Wild actually stomps all over the most toxic decks as you now have the tools to deal with them.

Wild has it's own share of issues, like you mentioned belcher.

Also this:
probably because wild is a raging dumpster fire.

the point to not playing wild to avoid shit that I don't want to see anymore

i'd rather see shredder and belcher over knowing pirate warrior can run me over in 5 turns even as a priest. velens chosen and deathlord should be in the priest classic set IMO, more fun to me to have the tools necessary to counter the toxicity

Pooya

I play rank 20 wild for quests and farm golden portrait at the same time. After this rotation, I don't think wild will be playable if you want to ladder and rank up. There are so many absurd dumb curves and combinations there that I don't want to regularly play against.

I play rank 20 wild for quests and farm golden portrait at the same time. After this rotation, I don't think wild will be playable if you want to ladder and rank up. There are so many absurd dumb curves and combinations there that I don't want to regularly play against.

how will wild be unplayable? Archetypes like dragon priest will ONLY be playable in wild. i see a lot of new cards that are going to open up and improve new decktypes i'll only be able to enjoy in wild. not playing against the same 4 decks over and over and over on ladder is my favorite part. shit i'm like rank 7 with some dumb homemade inner fire priest rn that would never stand a chance in standard. shit good luck getting to a single digit rank with a dumb homebrew in standard. no room for creativity.

how will wild be unplayable? Archetypes like dragon priest will ONLY be playable in wild. i see a lot of new cards that are going to open up and improve new decktypes i'll only be able to enjoy in wild. not playing against the same 4 decks over and over and over on ladder is my favorite part. shit i'm like rank 7 with some dumb homemade inner fire priest rn that would never stand a chance in standard. shit good luck getting to a single digit rank with a dumb homebrew in standard. no room for creativity.

You can play creative decks at low rank. This is just a fact. Rank 7 is ez. I've done it before with all basic in the past on an EU account.

edit:
I think this whole "oh you can only play creative decks in wild" is complete bunk. That's all. We've heard this all before. I was literally just playing a homebrew tempo warrior deck earlier today and went positive with it at rank 4. Went 5-2.

squidyj

I was okay with shaman in OG. Then they got spirit claws and maelstrom portal. Mostly spirit claws was what pushed them too far ahead imo.

Anyway,

blessing of might
wisdom
kings
silvermoon portal
hand of protection
holy light
divine strength
lay on hands

And dare I say dinosize and even blessed champion

I think this could be doable. I think that quest reward is powerful enough. I'm thinking maybe even elemental decklist with adapts to get stealth or divine shields for buffs. Tolvir stoneshaper for the divine shield + buff synergy. Glacial shard could be used to get some tempo plays out. Firefly giving a second elemental for both activations and buffs. Stegodon + buff on recruits.

I'm eager to see what secret they're presumably getting and the other 3 cards.

i do think that if you're going to try to make this work you need stealths and you need chargers so.... water package?
Still not good though.

Dahbomb

Getting to rank 5 in Wild is almost trivial now. A lot of people still play experimental, off meta decks in Wild even up to rank 5.

And everyone has good curve or plays on every turn. A turn 4 Shredder is meh these days in Wild, everyone has good options... that's what makes Wild somewhat interesting. Your Shredder isn't going to do shit against those Pirate Warriors running Ship's Cannon. Anti Aggro Control Priest can shut down these Pirate Warriors and other aggro decks.

probably because wild is a raging dumpster fire.
If Wild is raging dumpster fire then Standard is a raging dumpster fire filled with feces. Standard is actually worse than Wild, far more try harding, net decking, punishing for experimental decks and lack of options for most of the classes.

The only thing that is better in Standard is that you can play around cards/decks better. In Wild every single class has like 3-4 different decks they could playing at a given time not to mention weird homebrew tech choices. That's either a bad thing or a good thing depending on where you are coming from.

Though I do believe that Wild is only in a better state than Standard is because Streamers don't focus on it and neither do big competition which means you have to rely on jank website decks with outdated decks to make decks. If a majority of the people try harded in Wild like they did in Standard then Wild would be worse than Standard for sure although that remains to be seen. I would be very curious to see how Wild Heroic Brawl happens, it's difficult to imagine it being any worse than the two Standard Heroic Brawls where one was dominated by Pirate Warrior/Pirate Shaman and the other one dominated by Midrange Shaman/Tempo Mage.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Getting to rank 5 in Wild is almost trivial now. A lot of people still play experimental, off meta decks in Wild even up to rank 5.

And everyone has good curve or plays on every turn. A turn 4 Shredder is meh these days in Wild, everyone has good options... that's what makes Wild somewhat interesting. Your Shredder isn't going to do shit against those Pirate Warriors running Ship's Cannon. Anti Aggro Control Priest can shut down these Pirate Warriors and other aggro decks.

This right here. The diversity of decks is the fun thing for me. Yes lots of them are people running homebrew whatever. That's fine! If you bring a tight ass meta deck from Standard you should be able to run up the ranks quite a bit. I'm ok with that. When you hit tight decks in Wild you'll be shown the door quite quickly. The interesting combos and stuff that I haven't seen is why I play there.

Dahbomb

Yea I see A LOT of people in Wild literally use Standard copy/pasted decks in Wild and do fine. People bring in their Aggro Shaman from Standard and maybe slot in a Crackle.

Guys I will let you in on a little secret... GvG/Naxx weren't the only expansions that lead into massive power creep in HS.

Wild is better than standard because you can make dumb quest decks like all enrage minions and still win. Further, because a lot of people are using it for the same reason you can basically collude to both play out your entire decks.

It is the way Hearthstone is meant to be played, which is gaining gold quickly and efficiently so you can buy packs to not use in standard.

Druid card sucks unless they have some way to fill the board with big minions for like 1 mana each. Blizzard would never let that happen.

Dahbomb

That seems to be 1 mana too expensive.

I originally had a card like that in my head for Paladin at 3 mana and that was pushing it.

I guess in some cases it could still be a 4 mana Bloodlust. Seems like a Token Druid type card. You need to hit 3-4 minions for it to make up its cost and that's difficult to do.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems over costed. I guess it has synergy with Living Mana.

I wonder when we'll get more Warrior cards shown. So far, Blizard has only shown 2 RNG Festa cards, not any of the "real" warrior cards.

fertygo

Forsen forfeiting his Global Games sweden spot due to p4ny drama

I don't think its a good news for us indonesian team that in same group as sweden lmao

Evolving spores looks really good.

Forsen forfeiting his Global Games sweden spot due to p4ny drama

I don't think its a good news for us indonesian team that in same group as sweden lmao

Seems dumb. It's obvious why but his fans voted him in. Him as in forsen. He is letting them down, those who wanted to see him play there.

Szadek

The druid card seems bad.
Only token decks have enough stuff on the board to make the effect worthwhile and they are better of playing the other buff cards.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Egg druid just got a whole lot more broken in wild.

Like, extremely broken. That card is bananas. Replace at least 1 savage roar and maybe one soul of the forest.

Wild is just as toxic as standard once you get matched up against tuned lists.
I've lost to inner fire priest at rank 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom