• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
It's probably just luck, but I had better results than usual from the tournament reward packs. Thanks to America, I got 4 packs! That resulted in 2 gold commons, 2 epics, and a few things I didn't yet have from Gadgetzan.

I'm now at 55 dino packs and 2000 coins. I'm pumped about the expansion.

Blizzard

Banned
Volcanosaur is available for everyone to use right now, if anyone didn't know.

It got me a victory. After some misplays near the end of a game, I was 7 HP and about to lose against 2 high health taunts. I had a Tundra Rhino on the board, drew Volcanosaur at the last minute, and played for a double adapt with charge.

I got windfury + poison to kill both big taunts, allowing my remaining minions to deal lethal damage.

NBtoaster

I don't want to commit to crafting a quest deck so I think I'll just try elemental mage or shaman. I could only afford to craft what I wanted in MSG because I disenchanted all my golden GVG and TGT cards lel

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I can't figure out a way to make Quest Priest work. The deathrattle minions are all understatted, and Corrupted Healbot heals the enemy, so I don't know how you actually kill the opponent. N'Zoth is necessary, but there's a chance it won't pull out the good minions like Cairne. Even then, most AOE will take care of the N'Zoth minions. You'd have to rely too much on the cards you pull from Shifting Shade or the new 1/1/1. Taunt warrior seems like a disastrous matchup, as does Jade druid.

Could something like Bittertide Hydra (5 Mana 8/8) be the key to winning?

Ladekabel

I can't figure out a way to make Quest Priest work. The deathrattle minions are all understatted, and Corrupted Healbot heals the enemy, so I don't know how you actually kill the opponent. N'Zoth is necessary, but there's a chance it won't pull out the good minions like Cairne. Even then, most AOE will take care of the N'Zoth minions. You'd have to rely too much on the cards you pull from Shifting Shade or the new 1/1/1. Taunt warrior seems like a disastrous matchup, as does Jade druid.

I said it once and I'll say it again: Time for Velen + double Mind Blast, baby!

scarlet

I wanted to do that deck, but I keep wondering what's my win condition on that deck?

7 deathrattles are too much.

Szadek

Elemental curvestone vs smorc deck is the meta coming up
Sounds about right. I guess it depends on how good taunt warrior is.
huh, people cant wait for reno to go ? lets see the meta after few weeks when its all aggro.
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing a new control deck replacing reno.
Not that reno is all that good for the game either, since the best way to play against it is to not play around anything.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Like jeweled macaw, your guaranteed to see that shit turn 1 90% of all hunter games.

And all it will say is "cluck cluck" or some boring shit, compared babbling books hilarious intro.

A Macaw is a type of parrot. You actually picked the one Beast that can talk.

Szadek

I think we can all agree that it's good that we don't have to see thunder bluff valiant again in standard.

Anyway, most epics and legedaries are very hard to predict this set, so I wouldn't craft anything expensive right away until a few days have passed

Measley

I'm hoping for Kalimos and the Warlock and Hunter Quests. I think those are the best legendaries in the expansion.

I'm really hoping Elemental Shaman can stomp the aggro decks.

Szadek

I'm hoping for Kalimos and the Warlock and Hunter Quests. I think those are the best legendaries in the expansion.

I'm really hoping Elemental Shaman can stomp the aggro decks.
That 2/4 taunt that also heals will surely help. It's a prett amazing card and curve right into 3/5 that can get taunt plus bubble ,which is almost a sluge belcher.

You can kind of think about an divine shield minion as "x/1 minion, deathrattle summon a x/y minion".
This of course ignores hard removal and synergies, so it's slighly worse, but it terms of stats it works.

patchday

huh, people cant wait for reno to go ? lets see the meta after few weeks when its all aggro.
I have always had good win rate against PW with my decks (even burgle rogue). I will never miss that awful card. I've always called it a crutch and made this game even more reliant on top decking

Has anyone received packs for the Bahamas tournament on the NA Server?

I keep reading about people receiving those packs and a heroic tavern brawl chest, but I haven't gotten either on my end.

Thanks for clarifying.

Ketch

Has anyone looked at the number and quality of taunts and other control tools being added and removed to make any smart analysis on how it's going to affect aggro/zoo?

In general I feel like there's just been way less discussion about what is getting rotated out compared to when nax and gvg left.

Time Warp idea in a Reno Mage deck:

1) Get Time Warp.
2) Play Arch-Thief Rafaam.
3) Choose Zombies.
4) Play Thaurissan and make sure it hits Inkmaster Solia + Time Warp.
5) Play Inkmaster Solia, then Zombies for free, then Time Warp.
6) 23 damage without any burn spells on your next turn.

Anyone else have any Time Warp OTK combos they've thought of?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Time Warp idea in a Reno Mage deck:

1) Get Time Warp.
2) Play Arch-Thief Rafaam.
3) Choose Zombies.
4) Play Thaurissan and make sure it hits Inkmaster Solia + Time Warp.
5) Play Inkmaster Solia, then Zombies for free, then Time Warp.
6) 23 damage without any burn spells on your next turn.

Anyone else have any Time Warp OTK combos they've thought of?

That's a worse combo than just arcane giants echo or arcane giants Alex. Neither of those two require ticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom