• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

You not only have to generate those spells, you have to cast those spells. It takes a very long time to complete. And we're talking about a combo finisher deck that starts at minus 1 card due to the quest. Kripp is throwing darts and hoping (or not hoping) one dart sticks.

I doubt the deck, when it works, is even as bad as freeze mage. Hell, if you think about it, is time warp even much better than ice block which requires no activation? Time warp enables a few more win conditions, but nothing as bad as we've seen before and "exodia" mage has like a 1% chance of being good.

Uh, yeah, it's way better. Ice Block still allows your opponent to take a turn in between your setup and finish. During which they can heal up, clear your board, play taunts, etc. Time Warp allows you to set everything up and then immediately enact your combo with no interaction from your opponent.

Personally, I think it's very possible that Time Warp will be viable. If the quest is easy to activate then yeah, it will be OP. Lifecoach likes to say the Hunter Quest is "50/50". Either it sucks and never sees play or it's totally busted and completely breaks the game. There is no in-between. I think he's got the wrong quest though. It's Open the Waygate that could break the game.

Tried out Volcanosaur and this happened in my second game..
XvXFk73.jpg
Druid quest might not be so hard.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh it's so good.

The +1/+1 druid card that gives you armor is going to be amazing by the way.

His MSG review was a beautiful, terrible trainwreck.

Edit: Oh my god he ranted about my video that he DIDN'T watch. D=

Uh, yeah, it's way better. Ice Block still allows your opponent to take a turn in between your setup and finish. During which they can heal up, clear your board, play taunts, etc. Time Warp allows you to set everything up and then immediately enact your combo with no interaction from your opponent.

Personally, I think it's very possible that Time Warp will be viable. If the quest is easy to activate then yeah, it will be OP. Lifecoach likes to say the Hunter Quest is "50/50". Either it sucks and never sees play or it's totally busted and completely breaks the game. There is no in-between. I think he's got the wrong quest though. It's Open the Waygate that could break the game.

In a vaccuum it's better. I think you're looking at time warp as if it were some card you included in your deck. If that were true, yes. But ice block takes no set up and achieves reasonably the same results. Gotta remember that freeze mage was so strong for a while because of how much it could cycle. If you're spending all your cards to generate random cards, that takes significant amount of time and mana. Then you have to spend more mana and more time to cast those generated spells. During that time you have to draw your combos pieces and not die. If you manage all that, your combos still suffer similar issues as freeze mage. There is largely one less, you cannot heal between the turns. Alex rarely if ever got to hit face the turn after. Alexstrasza is still countered by armor, but taunts actually block the giants too. So that is another hurdle the deck faces.

I think the deck could be good. Skipping a turn is strong. There are a lot of issues for it to get over though. I don't think it'll be nearly as consistent as freeze mage at the very least.

people love their tar keepers but its so bad when it's not being attacked into. makes me want to run bruiser

I think tar creeper is being a bit overhyped outside of elemental decks. Even in shaman they got a very strong 3 cost taunt elemental aside from tar creeper, the 2/4 heal 3. I'm not sure if I'll be running it in my first quest warrior lists.

A thought about bruiser though and it's a little silly. But you can cornered sentry into bruiser for 5 mana :)

this is another hunter type i'm going to try, a deck as thin as possible to reliably chain raptors late game. mulligan hard for fire fly, mad scientist is ok (test to see if his tempo regain can help recover from quest tempo loss), as is a corsair, dump the hand as soon as possible and mad sci and pirates and jeeves and fel and tolvir might allow you to get the raptors out in numbers with a higher percentage hit, which could be the best way to go. bran's value could go way up if its successful, such as if fel reaver wipes 9-12 cards before you finish the quest (if bran hits a raptor you get 2 cards, double the chance to continue the chain, very high chance to go infinite with the 7+ mana in your table), should still be able to blitz and finish quest by turn 6 most games with the draw of jeeves, tolvir, tracking and firefly, regardless very high chance of 8/8 by turn 6, almost always will have an 8/8 on t5 just have to draw into fel or hit on 25% chance of quest done by that turn, worst case hawk jeeves or tolvir and guranteed next turn basically. maybe drop a mad sci and a secret for a couple more 1's but i want to try a version that has a higher chance to make cards vanish to see how it performs in contrast to ones that try to get more of that random beast RNG

Alleycat × 2 1
Fiery Bat × 2 1
The Marsh Queen × 1 1
Tracking × 2 1
Explosive Trap × 1 2
Freezing Trap × 1 2
Quick Shot × 1 2
Tol'vir Warden × 2 5
Tundra Rhino × 1 5
Neutral Cards (17)
Name Cost
Abusive Sergeant × 2 1
Argent Squire × 2 1
Bloodsail Corsair × 2 1
Fire Fly × 2 1
Glacial Shard × 1 1
Patches the Pirate × 1 1
Mad Scientist × 2 2
Brann Bronzebeard × 1 3
Jeeves × 2 4
Fel Reaver × 2

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A tempo mage version may be slightly more interactive, but a freeze variation will be just be as annoying as the current freeze mage.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Can this happen? I'm guessing because it's not a "real and existing" weapon it can't...

It should be assumed that absolutely everything that picks a random card only pick from collectable cards only, unless it picks from a group that is completely non-collectable, like Spare Parts. I don't think there are any exceptions to this rule.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I just remembered, weren't we promised single player content for new expansions now that they're no longer doing adventures?

Has anything been said about that?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to when aggro won't be able to have played 9 health worth of minions by turn fucking 2.

Alley Cat into Razormaw sometimes counts as combined 5/7 worth of stats on turn 2 with no overload, though not the best distribution.

Alley Cat into Razormaw sometimes counts as combined 5/7 worth of stats on turn 2 with no overload, though not the best distribution.

Still not even close to tunnel trogg, pirate/patches + totem golem follow up. That is a huge difference really. Razor dies to backstab, cat dies to dagger, they have a 1/4 left which is not nothing but leagues from shaman openers.

Pooya

hall of fame set should actually contain famous cards, not captain's parrot.

Put something like Dr. Boom in there. It's like they just renamed reward set instead.

I decided to pre-order like an idiot, and I forgot how bullshit the Amazon Coin process is. I downloaded it on my phone and it says the app needs to be updated, tap anywhere to update, but then it just minimizes and opens my browser.

What's the solution to this?

I decided to pre-order like an idiot, and I forgot how bullshit the Amazon Coin process is. I downloaded it on my phone and it says the app needs to be updated, tap anywhere to update, but then it just minimizes and opens my browser.

What's the solution to this?

8.0 hasn't been pushed to the Amazon app store yet as far as I can tell, that might be the issue?

scarlet

Trying to reach 10 before un'goro. Still at 14 now. Stuck at playing renolock. Somewhat after amazing months with miracoli, now I'm having bad luck with that deck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I am a little surprised you wild guys aren't more excited for all the new silver hand recruit synergy to add to Muster For Battle and Quartermaster.

Maybe it's just me but I used to love winning doing muster, hero power, quartermaster turn 10 or muster turn 3 + coin quartermaster turn 5.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Surprised Dog is so down on Envenom Weapon.

I think Rogue is getting done dirty this expansion but that one seems powerful.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame that Priest sucks so much, because the guess a card in opponent's deck and draw a card mechanic seems so fun.

Pooya

I don't care how bad the deck is going to be, I just want to play finja into 6 cost paladin buff and get face decks concede on the spot. It's a very good 5-6, best 5-6 even. You even have good 7-8

1-3 please. Maybe one cobble something together with new cards that can carry you. I want to believe in midrange paladin. I just wish they had two good instant effect cards you could play early in the game like everyone else has instead of doomsayer.

If hydra is like FoM in aggro decks this month, aldor is the best answer of course. I want paladin to be good...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Dahbomb and I were doing our card review tonight. We got through six classes, but my webcam crashed halfway through Hunter. Somehow during the reset I lost the audio. So for 75% of the recording, it's pure silence.

rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care how bad the deck is going to be, I just want to play finja into 6 cost paladin buff and get face decks concede on the spot. It's a very good 5-6, best 5-6 even. You even have good 7-8

1-3 please. Maybe one cobble something together with new cards that can carry you. I want to believe in midrange paladin. I just wish they had two good instant effect cards you could play early in the game like everyone else has instead of doomsayer.

If hydra is like FoM in aggro decks this month, aldor is the best answer of course. I want paladin to be good...

I actually think paladin quest is one of the top 3 quests, and murloc buff seems like a reasonable way to complete it.

Dahbomb and I were doing our card review tonight. We got through six classes, but my webcam crashed halfway through Hunter. Somehow during the reset I lost the audio. So for 75% of the recording, it's pure silence.

rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

I totally get it. It's weird, but tech stuff always goes wrong during those types of things, especially when it's not your day job to get that stuff right. Guess murphy's law has something to it.

My one and only twitch stream with people watching somehow had my mic not working the entire time despite it working fine in set up, but couldn't really do much about it without screwing the podcast recording to a point that I really did not want to edit or restart.

Dahbomb

rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
RIP in peace.

Zoggy

You know what sucks?

So many cards in this set are beasts and elementals. So all of their play sounds are gonna be some growling or screaming some forgettable shit.

One of the best things was having a card's play sound ingrained in your head because of playing it so much or having it played against you( as annoying as that is.)

Like jeweled macaw, your guaranteed to see that shit turn 1 90% of all hunter games.

And all it will say is "cluck cluck" or some boring shit, compared babbling books hilarious intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom