• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the Amazon App Store updated their Hearthstone version so I can preorder? :-/

So you could do the Pre-order without the Un'Goro patch. I was able to pre-order it on the Amazon version weeks ago.

You might be completely hosed now though since that Pre-order will end when Un'goro releases and they just put the packs up for sale.

cHinzo

4beaf6d43d.jpg

Thanks free Brawl pack. :D

So you could do the Pre-order without the Un'Goro patch. I was able to pre-order it on the Amazon version weeks ago.

You might be completely hosed now though since that Pre-order will end when Un'goro releases and they just put the packs up for sale.
Yeah, it's just because I waited so long. -_-

Finalow

Oh man.

I am going to be only the second GAFfer to call Clutchmother Zavas a bad card.

Y'all are nuts.
I've played discardlock for a while and I don't really see how she can be a bad card.
every time you go for a discard you hope to hit a golem, assuming you have one to begin with, or to hit some useless 1 drop you don't need anymore. most of the time however you end up discarding more than 2-3 cards, and some of them could have been valuable cards you didn't want to discard to being with. Zavas is there to give you a chance (a very high chance once you're in turn 4-5 and you started dumping your hand) to discard nothing and get her buffed instead. then you can maybe go for a very strong turn 7 like Doomguard into 6/6 Zavas. she could also be considered a third golem (as in, a card you do want to discard)
she can be a dead card, that's true, but you can say the same for the golems or a few other cards in the deck. I was wrong about golems/discardlock before the deck started to be a thing because I underestimated it, but I don't think I'm wrong in this case.

that being said, I'm not so sure anymore about the discard deck coming back as a really strong deck after this expansion. I guess it'll mostly depend on how well the new cards (besides Zavas) will work in it.

Finally got around to rating the set and there are a suprsingly low amount of "why does this exist" cards. A lot of interesting effects with niche potential. Elementals, warrior and hunter quest decks seem like fairly safe bets at the moment but who knows how it will all shake out.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad control warlock looks kinda dead without any kind of healing in standard. :<

The deck isn't dead if you let Jaraxxus get WILD.

For real tho people act like Wild doesn't even exist, and it totally does! Games are there all the time. Only if you're trying to climb to legend can the queue get a bit long.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Does anything even make wild renolock from this, besides that better anti weapon minion

The Wild Renolock deck is like 20% tech choices based on the current meta, so depending on what gets popular I could see stuff rotating out of it to better fit the decks after JUG. That said would you acutally run any JUG cards? I can't think of one immediately. You might consider stuff like Black Knight if taunt warrior becomes a thing, and so forth.

Probably you don't change anything because Pirates and Jades stay relevant to some level.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Who puts Aviana and Kun and Lunar Visions in a damn jade deck?

And here I thought I was being overly greedy with double ancestral spirit.

Jade Druids are the worst.

vall03

Is Emerald Reaver really as bad as people say it is? I look at it and it looks like a Beast pre-nerf Leper Gnome. Are people really that afraid to take that 1 damage?

scarlet

I don't even use tunnel trogg or totem golem in my jade shaman. But I'd put some elemental to replace azure drake and spirit.

Dahbomb

Is Emerald Reaver really as bad as people say it is? I look at it and it looks like a Beast pre-nerf Leper Gnome. Are people really that afraid to take that 1 damage?
That's what I said lol.

Though to be fair there aren't enough tools for regular non Patches aggressive decks these days. They nerfed a large number of them. A sole Leper Gnome doesn't look that good played next to nerfed Abusive Sergeant, Knife Juggler, Arcane Golem or with a lack of PO, Quick Shot, Argent Horserider etc.

vall03

That's what I said lol.

Though to be fair there aren't enough tools for regular non Patches aggressive decks these days. They nerfed a large number of them.

Yeah, I'm just surprised that its listed as a pack filler everywhere, even my friends say that its bad. Though I agree about the usefulness of the card for an aggro deck. Will definitely try it out on a Hybrid/Midrange Hunter deck and see how it goes. But to be honest, there are just other better 1-drops, it's not OP, but it's not completely unplayable imo.

what is the best tracker now? i used a bunch back in the day but it's been a year idk what's gotten better. pretty much something download and use idk too much about customization

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I know there's only one day before the rotation hits, but I have to ask.

How much should I worry about entomb from a dragon priest at around rank 14?

It seems fairly middling. 2/1 is worse now than it was in leper gnome's prime as dealing with it results in less lost tempo for your opponent. Getting this killed by your opponent's patches and then having them be ahead on board with a slightly faster clock is pretty punishing. Could see play in the hunter quest deck but doesn't strike me as something where you'll feel ahead the second it hits the board.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
only use in wild personally

Yeah, I should probably stop worrying about it.

Used Ancestral on Earth Elemental and won the game agaist the Dragon Priest that spawned the question, but being worried about entomb is so ingrained into me after playing so much N'Zoth Shaman and Control Paladin over the last year.

For any fellow slackers:
THE AMAZON APP STORE HAS UPDATED
I JUST PREORDERED UN'GORO

You get 500 coins back for preordering this way (lol @ coin tax though).

Yeah, I should probably stop worrying about it.

Used Ancestral on Earth Elemental and won the game agaist the Dragon Priest that spawned the question, but being worried about entomb is so ingrained into me after playing so much N'Zoth Shaman and Control Paladin over the last year.

entomb will be big again tomorrow, but obviously wild only

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm more excited for streams tomorrow than playing myself.

There will be so many greedy greedy greedy priest decks in the trash ranks of wild tomorrow.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Freaking Jade Druid again killing me with Brann and Aya making 7/7 jades by turn 7.

Screw this, I'm playing Pirate Warrior.

Fixed1979

Confirmed it doesn't work, just like how shadowflame doesn't work with a poisonous minion.

I wish Blizzard would figure their shit out, the two cards that say deal attack damage don't work with poison but Wild Pyro which just says deal 1 damage does. Pretty f'n stupid.

I wish Blizzard would figure their shit out, the two cards that say deal attack damage don't work with poison but Wild Pyro which just says deal 1 damage does. Pretty f'n stupid.

Blade flurry is a spell. It just deals damage equal to your weapon's attack and doesn't actually use the weapon. I was hopeful it would be different but it's consistent at least.

Betrayal is actually different. It's not spell damage and isn't buffed by spell damage.

Wild pyro activation isn't buffed by spell damage either, it's not a spell.

Fixed1979

Blade flurry is a spell. It just deals damage equal to your weapon's attack and doesn't actually use the weapon. I was hopeful it would be different but it's consistent at least.

Betrayal is actually different. It's not spell damage and isn't buffed by spell damage.

Wild pyro activation isn't buffed by spell damage either, it's not a spell.

I think that just proves my point though, from looking at these two cards. What exactly differentiates the two to let the user know that Blade Flurry is spell damage based and can be increased by Spell damage, while betrayal isn't and will apply whatever effect the card attacking has?

200px-Betrayal%28198%29.png
244.png

If anything these two should work and WP shouldn't as it's dealing efffect damage and not attack damage which would be poisonous.
200px-Wild_Pyromancer%2825%29.png

Nordicus

There's the tiniest grammatical difference. The cards would have to use the same rules if Betrayal said: "Deal an enemy minions damage to the minions next to it"

Or if Blade Flurry said: "Your weapon deals its damage to all enemy minions and is destroyed"

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Blade flurry totally should work with the poisonous weapon buff.

I'm not a very skilled player, but I theory crafted this Priest N'Zoth Quest deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...56:2;55461:2;55492:1;55522:1;55543:2;55570:2;

Any thoughts? I'm unsure if having 2 Bittertide Hydra's is correct, but I figured it was a cheap minion with huge benefits, considering Amara can heal me back up to 40.

If you save the deck and link to the final page it is way easier to read, especially on mobile.

Yeah I don't think the bittertide hydra are a good idea.

And you need the new deathrattle taunt minion not the tar creepers I think. Or instead of the hydras.

And even then your win condition (Nzoth) isn't really the greatest. Priest is just problematic in standard I think.

Fixed1979

There's the tiniest grammatical difference. The cards would have to use the same rules if Betrayal said: "Deal an enemy minions damage to the minions next to it"

Or if Blade Flurry said: "Your weapon deals its damage to all enemy minions and is destroyed"

Meh, I don't really agree. They have the following text on Savagery: "Deal damage equal to your hero's Attack to a minion." If I had a weapon with poison applied I wouldn't expect Savagery to deal the poison...though I wouldn't be shocked if it did. If that's what they want it to do there's no reason to have the text not read the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom