• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Even in these fun formats Reynad is being a salty little bitch.

Reynad's schtick gets old fast. I don't know why people have continued to watch him as long as they have.

He'll occasionally put out a YouTube video where his intelligence actually shows but his attitude about things is usually terrible.

Reynad's schtick gets old fast. I don't know why people have continued to watch him as long as they have.

He'll occasionally put out a YouTube video where his intelligence actually shows but his attitude about things is usually terrible.

Eloise the only 1 in that group having fun then gets yelled at by Reynad.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

It isn't even the salt that turns me off from him necessarily, it's the ridiculous ego.

Time is up, the card wasn't revealed at 57 percent and voting closed. It says comeback on Monday for a new gang. hahahahaha.

ffs Blizzard

This is a new low in advertising and promotion.

Amazing. I'm guessing that since they already revealed the Kabal leader they didn't need to rig this one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kripp is another personality that annoys me. I know that he is great at arena, but it seems like he does nothing but bitch and moan.

It's just so classic for reynad to top deck his secret the turn mad scientist is on the board, and that being the only bad top deck... it's just entertaining. It's also entertaining when things go exactly his way. Last I watched him he said his game plan was to get either doomhammer or gorehowl off malkorok. Then he got doomhammer. Then a game or two lter he said he was gonna win by getting gorehowl of malkorok... then he did. Entertaining.

Plus we get a lot of salt here on the forums, myself included. Anyfin paladin last night was like a 50% chance for me to pull more anyfins before actual murlocs, game after game.

fertygo

Btw talking about Reynad, what his fucking beef with Xixo?

At his most recent interview, he asked who the most consistent player in pro scene, instead answering properly out of nowhere he fired shot.. "Xixo is consistently bad I guess"

Like what the fuck his problem

Couple of questions. How does Dragon Warrior do against Rogue? I ask because I'm getting my fucking ass kicked every time I come across the standard miracle Rogue.

Second question is how does Dragon Warrior do against Secret Hunter? I know that Warrior typically struggles against Hunter, but I'm winning almost every match against all these Secret Hunters flooding ranked.

Couple of questions. How does Dragon Warrior do against Rogue? I ask because I'm getting my fucking ass kicked every time I come across the standard miracle Rogue.

Second question is how does Dragon Warrior do against Secret Hunter? I know that Warrior typically struggles against Hunter, but I'm winning almost every match against all these Secret Hunters flooding ranked.

Not particularly good, you basically have to stay above 30 health against miracle rogue and they have the tools to fight for the board.

fertygo

Dragon Warrior most of time lose when opponent have swing turn, which Rogue thing to do so I'm not surprised dragon warrior lose to Rogue if they had hand to swing your dragon warrior board

Zoggy

playing a lot of wild recently

Are the boom bots the most OP "minion" in hearthstone?

1 mana 1/1 that can deal up to 5 damage. they are fucking ridiculous.

dr. boom could have been way understatted (he wasn't) but even if he was, those boom bots can create such a tempo AND value string that it is game breaking.

Just smorc miracle rogue. They don't have any taunts or heals. If they have a bad turn or two, they just lose. If you focus on getting charge minions out, they probably have no chance. If you have to play slower minions like drakonid you could lose to sap though.

ZealousD

playing a lot of wild recently

Are the boom bots the most OP "minion" in hearthstone?

1 mana 1/1 that can deal up to 5 damage. they are fucking ridiculous.

dr. boom could have been way understatted (he wasn't) but even if he was, those boom bots can create such a tempo AND value string that it is game breaking.

The pair of boom bots together is almost 3 mana worth of value imo. That's powerful enough that you could make the main body of Dr. Boom into a 6/5 or 5/6 and he would still be a fair card.

Not particularly good, you basically have to stay above 30 health against miracle rogue and they have the tools to fight for the board.

Dragon Warrior most of time lose when opponent have swing turn, which Rogue thing to do so I'm not surprised dragon warrior lose to Rogue if they had hand to swing your dragon warrior board

Just smorc miracle rogue. They don't have any taunts or heals. If they have a bad turn or two, they just lose. If you focus on getting charge minions out, they probably have no chance. If you have to play slower minions like drakonid you could lose to sap though.
Thanks guys. Had a feeling the matchup was kinda shit. Will try the all face approach. Or maybe I'll just go to C'thun or control warrior on my rank up match, because that's when the fucking rogues pop up.

jgminto

The pair of boom bots together is almost 3 mana worth of value imo. That's powerful enough that you could make the main body of Dr. Boom into a 6/5 or 5/6 and he would still be a fair card.
Would have actually been better as a 5/6 in the pre-Standard meta and dodging the BGHs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know what would be cool anti-weapon tech, a card that can silence an enemy weapon. A few weapons have death rattles that you really don't want to go off. And the majority of weapons do have powerful effects. Gorehound is a 1 durability weapon without its text. Doomhammer wouldn't have windfury without its text. Even something like True Silver would be less useful without the 2HP heal.

That's what the Toxic Ooze should have done IMO. It would have given it a solid niche.

Though stuff like Toxic Ooze also makes me wonder if Blizard may actually nerf Acidic Swamp Ooze eventually. It's sort of supposed to keep weapon classes in check, but a 2 mana hard removal for a weapon sort of limits the design space in a similar sort of way as BGH did.

ZealousD

Though stuff like Toxic Ooze also makes me wonder if Blizard may actually nerf Acidic Swamp Ooze eventually. It's sort of supposed to keep weapon classes in check, but a 2 mana hard removal for a weapon sort of limits the design space in a similar sort of way as BGH did.

Harrison Jones is better for most decks and that card is the gold standard for tech cards in my opinion. If they nerfed Acidic Swamp Ooze that would be pretty stupid.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There should be a weapon that stays effective on your opponent's turn so it hits enemies for its damage when they attack you.

Pooya

Ooze is OP overall though. Look at all the basic cards, then look at ooze, lol. 3/2 for 2 is already ok, the battlecry is too powerful. In some ways it's a better tech card than Harrison if you don't care about the card draw or that drawing is bad for you in the deck you're playing. Against classes that don't have a weapon, a 2 mana 3/2 is a lot better than 5 mana 5/4.

I think they made the new ooze for arena, since they think weapon classes, specially warrior can be too strong now if they get all the weapons and the chances of you getting a anti weapon card in arena is quite low. So here have another one.

CoolOff

I think they made the new ooze for arena, since they think weapon classes, specially warrior can be too strong now if they get all the weapons and the chances of you getting a anti weapon card in arena is quite low. So here have another one.

If that was true we'd get a card that breaks the mage hero power... :)

patchday

would be silly to nerf ooze lol

f2p beginners will get ran over

not everyone runs harrison. I'm not even discussing this topic any further lmao

zoukka

Ooze is not op, it's a hate card. You can't run it blind, you use it depending on the meta. Same with the anti-secret cards.

rahji

Today i played a shaman as secret hunter. On turn 5 i played scavenging hyena and unleash the hounds. Also my snake trap was triggered last turn and i had 3 snakes on the board alongside another scavenging hyena. Jackpot i thought to myself because i could trade all my tiny snakes/dogs with his thing from below to make two 12/7 hyenas. I wondered how he could possibly stop me now and the only thing that came to my mind was double hex. Naaah such luck cannot be possible. I thought. I thought wrong. Still won though.

Levi

Banned
I hate ASO and Harrison so much. :( But they're not OP.

This new ooze is dumb. There's already a pirate that takes one durability off of a weapon, and the only time it sees play is when a lucky Warlock gets it off of Dark Peddler right when they need it.

Levi

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxSbVQHeBE

New Card Hype. Neutral.

sIZhK2N.jpg
S455lW4.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I like it. It's a fun idea.

A high costed lorewalker cho that only applies to your opponent might be fun to have as well.

Levi

Banned
I think it'll go in the slot Tomb Pillager currently sits in once that card rotates. I'm not sure it sees too much play before then, unless the meta becomes really spell heavy.

Pooya

glad that's not a rogue class card. it would be a waste of their quota. Not that I expect them to get something better. Seems ok overall.

the art on it looks kinda bad, it's almost like a fan made card.

I think it's best in druid actually.

I don't believe we have had any card that read "whenever your opponent..." see play though. I'm not optimistic about the value of this one either. It can be deceptive how good it actually is. Troggs never made it to constructed while they were all at least ok cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom