• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Faction

Goons: +1/+1 to hand minions
Kabal: Potions and Highlander
Lotus: Themed minion(s)? Made of Jade. Also more mana shennanigans but that might just be Druid stuff.

Farewell

Good going all the people that were so sure it was rigged.

DXHK0LMZ55F31479578310905.png

Still a shit move from blizzard to pull something like that, but i couldn't care less, doesn't matter for me when they reveal it.

manhack

Good going all the people that were so sure it was rigged.

DXHK0LMZ55F31479578310905.png

I'm surprised it's not rigged, but not surprised they couldn't get votes. I'm obsessed with looking for new cards, but couldn't be arsed to go to that website more than once this week.

They needed to make the reveal more interesting than progress quest.

fertygo

3 mana ramp is just awkward, can't see its worth other than the golem stat is busted

3/4 will made it better 4 mana play than mire keeper lol

btw I still bummed as shit we don't see the warlock legendary

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think it's funny that not enough people care about the card to get it revealed. Good marketing to expose that blizzard.

I hope it happens again next week.

sibarraz

Banned
What a mess by blizzard, they gain nothing doing this, they don't need to show that people has interest on cards with that stupid voting.

Anyway, now I want to see blizzard not releasing the card just to ensue more hilarity

sibarraz

Banned
I know that it will be a bad idea on an expansion, but I and lots of people loved the one night reveal of all the cards that legion of explorers did.

Farewell

I think it's funny that not enough people care about the card to get it revealed. Good marketing to expose that blizzard.

I hope it happens again next week.

Maybe it's also because of the "boring" battlecry from don han'cho who probably killed the hype for some people in this voting.
It will be so hilarious if that happens next week again.

Szadek

I'm a bit suprised since I think that this week was much better than last week.
Maybe not many people care about Reno decks and secret mage?

Kornflayx

"You guys didn't vote as much as we would like, so you're not getting your card reveal"

The guys who came up with that should be moved from the marketing department immediately

fertygo

Its just badly communicated, you don't even notified to vote in the client

so how the fuck peep will know

don hancho reveal also total garbage

sibarraz

Banned
Apparently, a chinese site said that jade golems are related with "stealth"

At this point "a chine site" is almost like "my uncle at nintendo" but is an interesting point to include

Pooya

I guess Jade Golem could be like the things in Karazhan, minions that don't have attack or hp but have an effect. Say you put your guys to the left, they get stealth, to right something else. still too OP.

They are making a new keyword since Discover a year ago, should be interesting. I doubt it's as bad as grimy goons, those guys got rekt.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've gone from like 17 to 9 today, so I can't speak for other ranks, but I've seen like 2 in over 30 games.

It depends on what rank you're at and what time of the season. Secret Paladin is a great ladder climbing deck so early on you are more likely to see it at lower ranks, and then once you get around 5->legend it is relatively frequent.

The thing about Eater of Secrets is that even if you drop it after the MC turn, they don't care too much. They still have the 6/6 and whatever else is on the board and they just drew and played 4-5 cards from deck. They now have a huge draw advantage on you and some seriously powerful minions. Dr Boom is Turn 7 and Tirion Turn 8. The deck is really good.

Fixed1979

There are so many card games right now, just not sure which ones to try.

Hearthstone, Faeria, Elder Scrolls, Eternal, Gwent?

I've really been enjoying Eternal for the past month. Super easy to learn, not a lot of bullshit, very few RNG cards. They're also pretty good for rewards as there are a couple single player modes for when your not up to played against someone else. Warning though, if you thought drafting in Hearthstone is unforgiving for beginners, IMO Eternal is twice as tough. Only downside is that complexity is pretty lacking right now (think HS classic), though we expect that to improve as more sets come along.

patchday

I've really been enjoying Eternal for the past month. Super easy to learn, not a lot of bullshit, very few RNG cards. They're also pretty good for rewards as there are a couple single player modes for when your not up to played against someone else. Warning though, if you thought drafting in Hearthstone is unforgiving for beginners, IMO Eternal is twice as tough. Only downside is that complexity is pretty lacking right now (think HS classic), though we expect that to improve as more sets come along.

well that depends. there's a lot of crappy cards in that game. like this one card that allows you to rez random dudes from your opponents graveyard. so many cool mechanics in that game and yet so many bad cards from what I can tell from a glance

Looks very well polished and AAA. Just lots of bad cards. Wish CCGs had bans like MOBAs. I find myself drifting back to MOBAs lately lol.

(Btw I agree it is for sure worth trying. I'd try Eternal first before others ccgs [well after HS lol]. Hearthstone by far #1 for me still tho. Tournaments and community and tools just have no comparison)

edit - plus Blizzard is amazing company with only 1 CCG running right now and you know they will put all their effort into making it as perfect as possible. Compare that to the Eternal devs which have TWO CCGs running. All that said I'd still say try Eternal for yourself. It is fun and addictive. I've played through SP campaign myself! Doesnt take long to mess around in these ccgs

patchday

Just faced like, I don't even know, a Reno Mill Rogue with multiple duplicates and Gang Up?

That was odd...

I wonder- do you play rogue (or at least mill rogue)? Not trying to insulting I'm just asking a humble/honest question.

Mill rogue (on standard ladder) will need some serious comeback healing after getting ran over by a Hunter/Shaman, etc.

Now I wonder if you had a deck in mind they could flourish on the standard ladder so that is why you seem to question the reno mill deck.

All that being said I've never run Reno Mill. Instead I play Mill rogue on Wild ladder where things are a little more slower (and I have Brann + Healbot and/or Brann + Earth healer dude)

NBtoaster

It's kind of embarrassing for Blizzard when a card vote fails. It just means nobody is hyped enough or they did a poor job advertising it.

I wonder- do you play rogue (or at least mill rogue)? Not trying to insulting I'm just asking a humble/honest question.

Mill rogue (on standard ladder) will need some serious comeback healing after getting ran over by a Hunter/Shaman, etc.

Now I wonder if you had a deck in mind they could flourish on the standard ladder so that is why you seem to question the reno mill deck.

All that being said I've never run Reno Mill. Instead I play Mill rogue on Wild ladder where things are a little more slower (and I have Brann + Healbot and/or Brann + Earth healer dude)

Post was more about my surprise of running into the deck at all more than anything else.

Szadek

It's kind of embarrassing for Blizzard when a card vote fails. It just means nobody is hyped enough or they did a poor job advertising it.
Looks like not too many people care about an Expansion that's all about an tiny outpost.
I guess they want to focus more on HS original characters, which is probably a mistake.
Can't belive still that there wasn't a Burning Crusade expansion yet.

nubbe

I have never really played as a mage before
But when I play a mage and say "Hello" when the opponent is under 15hp... they usually concede

Kinda funny

Triz

I wish more tournaments were set up like the Red Bull Team Brawl. Having to draft decks on the spot really makes the games more interesting.

patchday

funny thing was I voted for Kabal gang but never thought to scroll down to vote for that card. didnt even know what you guys were talking bout lol

Anyone that is lost like I was and had no clue what the gripping is over- linky

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of drifting back to MOBAs, Heroes of the Storm has a pretty good promotion that gives you some overwatch sons fit playing 15 games and you can do it against AI. Pretty easy. Just saying...

patchday

I still play HoTS casually every once in awhile with a friend. for some reason 15 matches seem daunting. Didnt know I could do it against AI

Wish the special included Hearthstone as well. Warlock could use a different avatar or maybe a druid avatar alternative

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The correct answer is to refuse to vote for next week's either, because if you do, they might ask for something even more pointless and asinine for the next set.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The correct answer is to refuse to vote for next week's either, because if you do, they might ask for something even more pointless and asinine for the next set.

"Share this page on Facebook to progress towards the next card reveal!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom