• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

Priest legendary looks nice.

Though I don't think you'll want to run it with shadowform while Justicar is still in standard.

I mean ideally you can have a controllable Lightlord effect on turn 7 with Velen.

Will try these out first - though I'm not a fan of pay2win models - yes, some people may say hearthstone is also sort of pay2win if you want to take ladder seriously, but so far I've just been playing casually and doing fine. I just don't want to get into a game and realise down the line that I need to pay to make progress where it counts.

So these are f2p or pay2win?

As someone who has not paid much into hearthstone, I can say it's not p2w. I spent like 10-15 dollars on some arenas way back a long ass time ago. And even though I've been playing a long time, I've had a strong collection even during classic era. And they've only been more generous over time.

I can't say a whole lot about eternal's model besides being able to grind gauntlet over and over. I was looking at the store and they've gone with the obnoxious in game cash currency so you're stuck buying odd amounts of gems or whatever and then using the gems to buy packs. This is something I'll never fully support the use of. I want direct cash payments, not some system that forces you to over spend to buy what you want.

jgminto

Though I don't think you'll want to run it with shadowform while Justicar is still in standard.

I mean ideally you can have a controllable Lightlord effect on turn 7 with Velen.
Way too much set-up for a card in a Reno deck. Velen is always going to be restricted to the weird combo decks that don't work well enough.

I don't think Velen is going to suddenly start being run because of Raza, at least not outside of combo/burst Priest.

Priest has access to so much healing outside of the hero power now. Flash Heal, Priest of the Feast, Darkshire Alchemist and then of course Reno. I don't think they need to lean on Justicar as much in a Reno deck and I think the door is wide open for Shadowform.

any way priest can get their hands on
22261.png

bjaelke

Reno Priest will be interesting after Gadgetzan is released due to the 30 card deck building restriction. You'll be forced to make sacrifices no matter what direction you take (Shadowform, OTK, Dragon, Control) judging by the premium cards already revealed from the upcoming set.

zoukka

Reno rotates out soon, though.

It seems like they are doing with Reno what they did with Piloted Shredder. Add a class-specific version for each class so that the decks have more individuality.

Nothing plays like reno though. Reno is so powerful that it created a deck type around one card.

When reno rotates out, those decks become shit-tier.

fertygo

If there's Reno Deck that can change namesake after Reno rotating its the Priest for sure

Maybe Warlock could too if after Reno rotating, the team finally can give Warlock healing source.. and their Kabal legendary also sick.

Dahbomb

IMO the tiers are:

S Tier:
Duelyst
Infinity Wars
Eternal

A Tier:
Faeria
Hearthstone
Shadowverse

B Tier:
Elder Scrolls
Card Hunter

D Tier:
Gwent
Solforge
Spellweaver

But why not try them all? :)
Why do you think Elders Scroll is worse than the others? Legit question here because I haven't played it.

patchday

Will try these out first - though I'm not a fan of pay2win models - yes, some people may say hearthstone is also sort of pay2win if you want to take ladder seriously, but so far I've just been playing casually and doing fine. I just don't want to get into a game and realise down the line that I need to pay to make progress where it counts.

So these are f2p or pay2win?

well you know the line between p2w and f2p is blurred in CCG. And these games often have Draft modes which further blurs the line

sounds like you're in my boat where you await a Living Card model. Been playing a little of Prismata which has some potential but you do not build decks. It's a card game but definitely not a CCG.

I will still keep playing HS in the meanwhile and will most likely play a Living card game alongside it

Pooya

That card reveal isn't going to make it. What a stupid thing. they're not going to reveal a card because of some silly votes. ok whatever. They want people to beg to reveal a card lol.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That card reveal isn't going to make it. What a stupid thing. they're not going to reveal a card because of some silly votes. ok whatever. They want people to beg to reveal a card lol.
It's rigged. It accelerates as needed the closer it gets to the deadline.

sibarraz

Banned
Imo all CCG are f2p. In all this games you can earn the card for free, another thing is how much you want to invest time to get those cards.

For me a p2w game is one were you have to pay to get an advantage within the game (for example, being able to hit 15% of damage just by having a bonus that only could be get with real money) are thos gatcha games were you can't craft the cool cards/items

Why do you think Elders Scroll is worse than the others? Legit question here because I haven't played it.

I'm not Kars, but my problem with the game is that it felt super dull on everything, the lanes gameplay wasn't that interesting to me, and I didn't liked that draw mechanic that everyone has when you lose 5 points of life.

Furo

Elders is better than hs (gameplay/reward wise), but the art design and ui is not as good.
If you look at his posts at neogaf you will see that he will post in every thread possible how great duelyst and eternal are while gwent or elders etc. sucks balls. And that's not even exaggerated, just look in every ccg ot lol

P.s. duelyst is still pretty good:)

Pooya

Time is up, the card wasn't revealed at 57 percent and voting closed. It says comeback on Monday for a new gang. hahahahaha.

ffs Blizzard

This is a new low in advertising and promotion.

Raxus

Time is up, the card wasn't revealed at 57 percent and voting closed. It says comeback on Monday for a new gang. hahahahaha.

ffs Blizzard

This is a new low in advertising and promotion.

Blizzard has proven over the past few months that they can't do an ARG or a self promotion event for the life of them. Watch them reveal it anyway.

Dahbomb

This was my most anticipated card in the expansion and they gotta cock block like that? I am pretty sure they have unlocked cards in the past that were no where near to completion.

Dre

For such a big company, the marketing for Mean Streets has been really pathetic so far.

I thought it couldn't get any worse than not even bothering to design a custom cardback for pre-orders but not revealing a legendary card because the community doesn't give a damn about their stupid voting system is embarrassing.

Dahbomb

On the bright side, apparently Blizzard screwed up and accidentally revealed this card when the timer ran out.

The URL is an official Blizzard one so it seems legit.
Jade cards are supposed to be released next week!

Someone messed up Blizzard with that vote for sure.

If that card summons a card that is around 2/2 stats it is auto include in Druid decks. Mostly because you do not have to use Mire Keeper and this feeds Arcane Golem.

Any less stats and it might not be enough. Kinda weird that Druid gets another 3 mana ramp card in the same expansion.

Pooya

Jade Golem huh. 3 mana 3/4 gain one mana crystal I guess..

I'm pretty sure every thing is on their site and publicly accessible just with encrypted file names. Nice security there.

On the bright side, apparently Blizzard screwed up and accidentally revealed this card when the timer ran out.

The URL is an official Blizzard one so it seems legit.

I think it could be fake cause... jade golem? Usually when something summons a card it says what it is summoning more specifcally, at least stats.

Unless jade golem refers to a variety of cards or a random minion...

Or jade golems are a theme among many cards I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom