• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Faction

All these +/+ effects just seem 'Meh' after coming off the Buff-Your-Hand mechanics in the GG's. Like, the card may get you to play more Stealth minions, but where's the payoff? You don't have one on the board, it's useless. You don't draw it on curve, it's useless. Meanwhile, Grimestreet cards feel like threats that build on top of one another. Buffs in other classes just seem 2-steps behind now.

Of course, these buff cards still pale in comparison to a 6-mana AoE, followed by another AoE, and then another. So Whoop-di-doo.

Grimy Goons will bear serious deck building constraints so you're not running out of cards to buff in hand and have to be middling enough people aren't teching against it.

i.e. conceptually flawed imo.

fertygo

I guess we'll see how well the concept works when the expansion releases, but I think buffing in the hand is way safer and valuable. If you can do both, then it's even better.

nHEFRRd.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Forlorn Stalker has that extra Deathrattle condition and doesn't have as much value packed into it as the other cards we've seen. I think the effect is probably better in this expansion.

Portugeezer

I guess we'll see how well the concept works when the expansion releases, but I think buffing in the hand is way safer and valuable. If you can do both, then it's even better.

Both have their benefits, but the hand buffs are random which is a downside. I don't really want to randomly buff a powerful minion (e.g. Highmane) because it will just give hard removal more value for a minion they would try to remove already.

patchday

Cabalist's Tome gave me Blizzard, Firelands Portal and Pyroblast in Arena.

"A recent opponent would like to be your friend."

lol!

Y'all need to stop thinking of these cards in terms of how they can be slotted into current decks. A lot of stealth minions don't get played right now, because there's not a lot of reason to play them. If Blizz adds more reason to play them, they will be played.

This is the same reason why y'all were like, "meh spirit claws aren't that good, shaman has so many better options"

yeah a lot of people got so much wrong with karazan. was so much complaining that all the cards sucked and here we are... We now know to not put much stock into premature knee jerks

(granted I knee jerked to devolve too so definitely not saying I'm any better)

Hero

Is it even possible for Zoolock to beat Midrange Shaman right now? It feels like in addition to multiple effective board wipes their early creatures are better. It's absurd. I can't wait for them to be nerfed.

So I've been playing off and on for a while now, but I actually decided to some time in learning some of the meta + watching HS on youtube.

Playing right now with a budget version of Pavel Temp Mage. Lacking Karazan expansion, and at this point I've been stuck around Rank 14/15 for a day now, and I can feel how the lack of some of the expansion cards are hitting me (stuff like deal 5 dmg, spawn a 5 drop), Babbling Book and so on.

At this point I think I'm just gonna get the expansion, because it's not rotating out till 2018 iirc, so it's not like I'm going to be jipped out of the cards in a month.

Any thoughts?

Finalow

that stealth rogue minion is crap simply because ''stealth Rogue'' isn't a thing now. it might see play in the future if they give the class good stealth minions or more cards with a similar synergy.
it works with Conceal, sure, but the current decks running Conceal don't really need a slow minion giving +2/+2 to one of the minions you're going to conceal. with Shaku? Ok, 2 card combo with a legendary, which very rarely happens to be in your hand in the first 3-4 turns. also Shaku can still be removed quite easily after being buffed and after you attacked once.

regarding Jade Golem decks, from the cards we've seen so far I'd say Druid has the potential to be the best one of the bunch.

V-Faction

Deathrattle, much like Stealth, is a specific condition. Paladin buffs and the Tri-Class card are all AoE +1/+1.

Both have their benefits, but the hand buffs are random which is a downside. I don't really want to randomly buff a powerful minion (e.g. Highmane) because it will just give hard removal more value for a minion they would try to remove already.

I think the buffs that hit all your cards will be the most successful. Next will be the single-target buffs (like Don Han'Cho) with HUGE numbers (+3/+3 to Taunt minions too). Last comes the random ones.

Cool cards like Rat Pack will benefit from either In-Hand or On-Board buffs, so that's the big winner here.

So I've been playing off and on for a while now, but I actually decided to some time in learning some of the meta + watching HS on youtube.

Playing right now with a budget version of Pavel Temp Mage. Lacking Karazan expansion, and at this point I've been stuck around Rank 14/15 for a day now, and I can feel how the lack of some of the expansion cards are hitting me (stuff like deal 5 dmg, spawn a 5 drop), Babbling Book and so on.

At this point I think I'm just gonna get the expansion, because it's not rotating out till 2018 iirc, so it's not like I'm going to be jipped out of the cards in a month.

Any thoughts?

Firelands portal is a free card. Go to solo adventures. Click on karazhan. At the bottom there is a single encounter that is free and you get firelands portal + the druid 1 mana 2/2 for free once you beat it.

Pooya

I guess they fired the guy after the disaster last week, no one was there to flip the switch this week. rip marketing-kun.

JesseZao

Can we just collectively ignore Pavlov Marketing from now on? Just reveal them steadily without faux-engagement counters. Even better, have everything release/reveal like LoE.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Fair point. Legs are prob better from when behind.

If you can last long enough in the game to get to the point where you play elise, draw the map, and then play the golden monkey, you are definitely up against a control deck and you probably aren't behind. Not that random legendaries can actually guarantee you to swing the game in a situation where every increasing jade golems would not.

Dahbomb

This card is really dependant on the Storm Guardian being insane because a Midrange Shaman player is going to look at that and be like "lul @ paying 5 mana for a 5/5 Taunt".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom