• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Considering that you will mostly want to play this on curve, you're likely only getting a 1/1 body with it. 2 mana and 1 overload is a pretty hefty price.

Druid still seems to be the best Jade Golem class.

All of the Jade Golem cards look bad when you read them as giving you a 1/1. That's just going to be a feature of the deck. You're going to have poor tempo in the early game in order to get crazy stuff later.

Yeah, can't imagine that Shaman weapon seeing a whole lot of play. 2 attack just isn't enough.

Then again Jade Golem decks are near impossible to predict at this point so who knows.

Pooya

I'm looking forward to that first week when everyone plays some kind of Reno deck and Jade decks seem strong, then people realize that some face deck like pirate warrior, beats all of those most of the time and we're back to where we were by week 3 , just playing bunch of midrange decks, turns out all rounders are always the best at this game.

Why do people think jade idol just works in any druid list? That's... a dead card most of the time. It doesn't do anything for you the turn you play it and it puts more dead cards into your next draws.

That you might include it to help win fatigue games is hurting every game that doesn't go to fatigue, which will be the vast majority of games. And even then it's not even a guaranteed win because your opponent can just out value you easier since you included a card that does nothing for you until the end of the game.

I doubt it'll be good even in an auctioneer deck designed to run you into fatigue, but I guess people might try.

fertygo

I'm looking forward to that first week when everyone plays some kind of Reno deck and Jade decks seem strong, then people realize that some face deck like pirate warrior, beats all of those most of the time and we're back to where we were by week 3 , just playing bunch of midrange decks, turns out all rounders are always the best at this game.

I since day 1 of gadgetzan reveal has on record saying Patches might've the most broken card in game

so..

Mulgrok

Why do people think jade idol just works in any druid list? That's... a dead card most of the time. It doesn't do anything for you the turn you play it and it puts more dead cards into your next draws.

That you might include it to help win fatigue games is hurting every game that doesn't go to fatigue, which will be the vast majority of games. And even then it's not even a guaranteed win because your opponent can just out value you easier since you included a card that does nothing for you until the end of the game.

I doubt it'll be good even in an auctioneer deck designed to run you into fatigue, but I guess people might try.

^ he gets it

EDIT: the only time I could see someone playing it is with fandral + card draw on the same turn. Even then, not worth it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the new claws are a pretty good card, I don't think they would see play outside of a Jade Golem deck, but I think you would want them in a such a deck.

bjaelke

New Rogue minion (rare)

4 mana 4/4

Battlecry: Give a stealth minion +2/+2.

2Ay1n7H.jpg

96 cards revealed by now.

Pooya

ahahahaha.

Blizzard probably thinks you play that 5/5 then buff it and make all those sweet value trades. Works every time.

purify this shit.

2 cards left.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There is a chance each class could get 10 cards shown still. Blizzard keeps pushing class cards more and more.

Pooya

I forgot about that card, that's actually not bad at all if you manage it. Hell, Moroes is something too as a 3 drop. If it lives a turn and you buff with this... it's still not very good.

I don't know how many minions with stealth you can play in rogue, but if there was a curve deck with enough good stealth minions, that card isn't bad. It's just we don't have that.

Best target for it is silent knight actually.

They're pushing a curve tempo stealth deck, I think it's fine, you need much stronger cards though, if the 4/4 had taunt for example it would be pretty interesting. I don't see this landing on target consistently enough and even then it's still weaker than houndmaster. Hunter's beasts are much better than stealth minions but you get to initiate the trades, that's valuable, but I don't think it's good enough.

Dahbomb

Yeah you want more stealth minions in general for this to be good/consistent. Mathematically it isn't bad, you are giving up the Taunt for more stats on the main body compared o Houndmaster.

They are clearly pushing Stealth Rogue as a long term archetype like Taunt Warrior.

Szadek

Jade Shaman looks pretty awful right now.
The new weapon and claws don't get along at all and replacing great cards for bad ones to make your other bad card slightly better is not a good idea.

As for the rogue card: RIP rogue support for another 4 months I guess.

Pooya

They need to have cards that do something with stealth, best example is beast druid. The quality of minions in beast druid is quite good and then you have cards like mark, savage roar, warden and curator. That took a looong time to reach this point. This is probably what they intend to do, it's unlikely it will be a thing this set.

bjaelke

Cabalist's Tome gave me Blizzard, Firelands Portal and Pyroblast in Arena.

"A recent opponent would like to be your friend."

They need to have cards that do something with stealth, best example is beast druid. The quality of minions in beast druid is quite good and then you have cards like mark, savage roar, warden and curator. That took a looong time to reach this point. This is probably what they intend to do, it's unlikely it will be a thing this set.

when a minion with stealth attacks it gains stealth until next turn, for the most unfun card imaginable.

Dahbomb

Hunter the Charge and Deathrattle class.
Warrior the Taunt and Enrage class.
Rogue the Stealth and Deathrattle class.
Shaman the Battlecry and Spell damage class.
Mage the Spell Damage class.

Hey guys remember when Blizzard tried to push Battlecry Shaman? Yeah me neither.

Cabalist's Tome gave me Blizzard, Firelands Portal and Pyroblast in Arena.

"A recent opponent would like to be your friend."
Love Cabalist's Tome. It has a strong tendency to give me just what I need, and even when I don't, it makes it impossible for my opponent to play around my deck.

Rogue the Stealth class.
Shaman the Battlecry class.

Hey guys remember when Blizzard tried to push Battlecry Shaman? Yeah me neither.
There's that 2/6 Shaman got...

Don't forget Paladin the Murloc class...or is that Shaman?

That new Rogue card is so damn niche it's mind blowing.

I guess maybe it helps out Shaku and possibly Moroes (I doubt it), I'm not sure. It's a weird card.

squidyj

Considering that you will mostly want to play this on curve, you're likely only getting a 1/1 body with it. 2 mana and 1 overload is a pretty hefty price.

Druid still seems to be the best Jade Golem class.

Let n be the number of golems played in a game
then the total number of stats by all golems is
n(n+1)/2
and the mean value of a golem is (n+1)/2

The thing is, SOMETHING has to play the first golem, or the second golem. You can't start with 3/3 and up

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Let n be the number of golems played in a game
then the total number of stats by all golems is
n(n+1)/2
and the mean value of a golem is (n+1)/2

The thing is, SOMETHING has to play the first golem, or the second golem. You can't start with 3/3 and up

Quick Start, 1 mana Rogue Spell. Increase your Jade Golem Counter by 2, summon a Jade Golem.

Pooya

Iksar mentioned prep in regard to getting golems early, that only makes sense if there is a spell that summons golems.

If they have a 6 mana rogue spell, summon 3 Jade Golems, then that would be interesting.

we're not getting it of course.

Szadek

Iksar mentioned prep in regard to getting golems early, that only makes sense if there is a spell that summons golems.

If they have a 6 mana rogue spell, summon 3 Jade Golems, then that would be interesting.

we're not getting it of course.
Well, they have a spell that summons a golem.
In any case, golems and rogues are a bad combination, since they are super slow and as a rogue the time is not on your side.
The only jade deck that might work is druid since they have ramp, taunts and healing.

zoukka

Well, they have a spell that summons a golem.
In any case, golems and rogues are a bad combination, since they are super slow and as a rogue the time is not on your side.
The only jade deck that might work is druid since they have ramp, taunts and healing.

Rogues play it slower than aggro, both Malygos and Burgle versions. Even the Nzoth rogue is pretty slow.

NBtoaster

Druid got a beast sensei, Rogue a stealth sensei, time for Shaman to get a totem sensei? Or a windfury sensei?

Also the shaman legendary has been fully endorsed well ahead of time this week, reveal in 5hr.

V-Faction

Druid got a beast sensei, Rogue a stealth sensei, time for Shaman to get a totem sensei? Or a windfury sensei?

Also the shaman legendary has been fully endorsed well ahead of time this week, reveal in 5hr.

Battlecry: Give your Jade Golems Windfury on the 5th Night of September Under a Full-Moon when your deck contains no duplicates or plumbuses.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Rogue the Stealth and Deathrattle class.
Shaman the Battlecry and Spell damage class.

Not all of this is accurate. Charge is actually more of a Warrior thing than a Hunter thing, as it is a Warrior ability in WoW.

Rogue is also sort of a poison class, even though they've only introduced two minions with that ability.

Shaman is a Windfury class.

Battlecry: Give your Jade Golems Windfury on the 5th Night of September Under a Full-Moon when your deck contains no duplicates or plumbuses.

But everybody has a plumbus in their deck.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Y'all need to stop thinking of these cards in terms of how they can be slotted into current decks. A lot of stealth minions don't get played right now, because there's not a lot of reason to play them. If Blizz adds more reason to play them, they will be played.

This is the same reason why y'all were like, "meh spirit claws aren't that good, shaman has so many better options"

I just got a chuckle out of the comment since having a beast is a byproduct for hunter but having a stealther is a conscious deckbuilding decision and I'd argue concession.

I completely misevaluated Spirit Claws though, and with misevaluated I mean actually forgot the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom