• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jinyu Waterspeaker is kind of ridiculous. When Shaman starts playing from behind after the next standard rotation it'll turn into a very important part of their kit. It's a way better card than Antique Healbot.

Everyone is praising the new shaman legendary as a control card, someone explain to me why it's not just good enough to slot into midrange? Stats are solid for the cost when you factor in taunt, if you draw the card in the next few turns you probably win?

Tacitus_

BgwYkyt.png

Kp9OWlv.png

Pooya

that monkey guy is still bugged when mukla plays it. It always looks too big and stay over the board lol. can't they even fix the first things a new player sees.

Everyone is praising the new shaman legendary as a control card, someone explain to me why it's not just good enough to slot into midrange? Stats are solid for the cost when you factor in taunt, if you draw the card in the next few turns you probably win?

Consistency is key to any deck. If you don't draw and play the 10/10, you've played a 5/5 taunt for 5 mana, which is pretty underwhelming. Control shaman is much better positioned to play a longer game than midrange shaman, and thickening your deck gives you a leg up in control mirrors that go to fatigue.

It probably is good enough to fit into midrange shaman, but midrange shaman has so many good cards already. Master of Evolution doesn't even see play due to that.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If it was just a 5/5 I could see not playing it, but the taunt still has an impact. It isn't like just tossing elise in any deck because the 3/5 body genuinely doesn't do much, this atleast always will.

But yeah, Shaman have so many ridiculous cards that a bunch of them just don't even see play. That's the main argument against it, but I think it'll be more of a meta call anyway since if the game slows down more it'll get even better.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I sort of wonder if the slower Midrange Shaman variations could sub this in. A 5/5 taunt is alone is pretty good against aggressive decks, and the 10/10 gives an extra threat against control decks. Master of Evolution doesn't see play because its unlikely you will get a better card from the battle cry, even using it on a totem is problematic since it reduces the chance to get Spell Damage Totem.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I sort of wonder if the slower Midrange Shaman variations could sub this in. A 5/5 taunt is alone is pretty good against aggressive decks, and the 10/10 gives an extra threat against control decks. Master of Evolution doesn't see play because its unlikely you will get a better card from the battle cry, even using it on a totem is problematic since it reduces the chance to get Spell Damage Totem.

I think the slower midrange stuff that is running 2x Thunder Bluff valiant as the "win" condition might consider it yeah. I mean that deck runs Ragnaros already most of the time right? This isn't far off from that with a more useful body and an earlier part that gives taunt.

Man, there are going to be so many directions you can go with a N'Zoth style Shaman.

Here's a rough draft. Still two cards short because there are just so many options for some of the slots.

Kettch

Yoù çàn tŕy it to play it instead fiŕe elè in miď shámy.

I think uts not definite improvement tho

I don't even think Fire Elemental is good enough for current Shaman, despite everyone seeming to run it these days. Just too slow and not enough of a threat in my opinion.

One plus for White Eyes is that it's yet another great Barnes target for Shaman. I just don't know what I would drop for it, guess it would have to be a Thunder Bluff, which is really painful.

I kinda like the hog cards, except for the 4 mana card. I could actually see these being strong tech cards and perhaps a bit overlooked because they're situational. For example, if control priest is dominant, it's a card that gets value immediately and dodges dragonfire potion in case you have a board that needs removing. Dies to shadow word death so if you don't have a board you can often trade for value and 1:2 with it.

patchday

I wonder if Rogue will hit garbage tier at this rate. Seems like mage, shaman, and even priest getting so many good things. I was thinking to try for golden rogue at some point but nahhh its gonna be too hard to overcome the awful cards the class is getting while Shaman is King of everything

just like in Vanilla World of Warcraft lol

Granted have to wait til next expansion to see how bad Rogue will be. For now they will be ok just not getting any better

ZealousD

Okay, so here's my first world problem that I'm sharing with you guys today.

For the past couple of weeks I've been working on collecting all of the card images I need for the review stream that Dahbomb and I do for each expansion. I need a .PNG for every single card and I have to categorize so that when we do the stream I can just go one card into another.

Now, Blizzard puts high quality images of their cards on Facebook usually a day after they reveal them. But they always put the cards on this annoying backdrop. Here's their image of Stolen Goods for example. I don't want to deal with that backdrop because it doesn't look very good on screen. I used to just keep the backdrop in the older review streams because I was less concerned about the production quality, but now I'd rather just have the card to make the stream look nicer and less busy. Especially now that their backdrop is fancier than ever this go around.

So, how do an image that doesn't include the backdrop? Well, I could go into Photoshop and remove the backdrop, but the magic wand tool doesn't work very good and of course Blizzard always puts all these details in the edges of their cards. So just using polygonal selection tools is a mess. It's just more trouble than it's worth.

So maybe I can just let somebody else do the work for me? Hearthpwn is always updating their website after cards are revealed, and their card images don't have the backdrop on them. They also don't include a watermark like a couple other sites I've seen. Usually this works fine and I can just download their image instead. But usually what they actually do is they use the Hearthcards.net card creation tool for their images. They download or take a screencap of the card as it was revealed and then use that in order to create the card image. That way, they can always create an consistently-sized English version of the card with no fluff around the sides. There is a problem with that, though, which is that if their source isn't high quality, the resulting card won't look high quality. Look at their version of Stolen Goods for instance. They screencapped the art from a lower quality source and so the art looks both blurry and pixelated. It looks pretty awful. HearthPwn might think it looks "good enough" but the only thing I see when I look at this card is a mess. I don't want to show that on stream!

So of course, I gotta fix this shit. I'll download the card with the backdrop off Blizzard's Facebook page. Then I'll go into Hearthcards.net, and recreate the card myself. There we go. That looks much better. HearthPwn can't be arsed to improve the quality of their assets but this guy who streams to only half a dozen guys on NeoGAF at a time will do it.

Measley

I wonder if Rogue will hit garbage tier at this rate. Seems like mage, shaman, and even priest getting so many good things. I was thinking to try for golden rogue at some point but nahhh its gonna be too hard to overcome the awful cards the class is getting while Shaman is King of everything

just like in Vanilla World of Warcraft lol

Granted have to wait til next expansion to see how bad Rogue will be. For now they will be ok just not getting any better

Rogue still has a common and an epic card yet to be revealed (if Paladin and Druid MSTG cards are anything to go by), so there might be something there yet to be revealed. I'm expecting a new weapon in one of those.

Scary thing about Shaman is that we haven't even seen their epic cards yet and it already looks out of control.

patchday

Okay, so here's my first world problem that I'm sharing with you guys today.

For the past couple of weeks I've been working on collecting all of the card images I need for the review stream that Dahbomb and I do for each expansion. I need a .PNG for every single card and I have to categorize so that when we do the stream I can just go one card into another.

Now, Blizzard puts high quality images of their cards on Facebook usually a day after they reveal them. But they always put the cards on this annoying backdrop. Here's their image of Stolen Goods for example. I don't want to deal with that backdrop because it doesn't look very good on screen. I used to just keep the backdrop in the older review streams because I was less concerned about the production quality, but now I'd rather just have the card to make the stream look nicer and less busy. Especially now that their backdrop is fancier than ever this go around.

So, how do an image that doesn't include the backdrop? Well, I could go into Photoshop and remove the backdrop, but the magic wand tool doesn't work very good and of course Blizzard always puts all these details in the edges of their cards. So just using polygonal selection tools is a mess. It's just more trouble than it's worth.

So maybe I can just let somebody else do the work for me? Hearthpwn is always updating their website after cards are revealed, and their card images don't have the backdrop on them. They also don't include a watermark like a couple other sites I've seen. Usually this works fine and I can just download their image instead. But usually what they actually do is they use the Hearthcards.net card creation tool for their images. They download or take a screencap of the card as it was revealed and then use that in order to create the card image. That way, they can always create an consistently-sized English version of the card with no fluff around the sides. There is a problem with that, though, which is that if their source isn't high quality, the resulting card won't look high quality. Look at their version of Stolen Goods for instance. They screencapped the art from a lower quality source and so the art looks both blurry and pixelated. It looks pretty awful. HearthPwn might think it looks "good enough" but the only thing I see when I look at this card is a mess. I don't want to show that on stream!

So of course, I gotta fix this shit. I'll download the card with the backdrop off Blizzard's Facebook page. Then I'll go into Hearthcards.net, and recreate the card myself. There we go. That looks much better. HearthPwn can't be arsed to improve the quality of their assets but this guy who streams to only half a dozen guys on NeoGAF at a time will do it.

yep you should go work for hearthpwn I agree

patchday

Man, there are going to be so many directions you can go with a N'Zoth style Shaman.

Here's a rough draft. Still two cards short because there are just so many options for some of the slots.

that deck will get rekt'ed by a well played entomb-control priest and probably Control Warrior. It's a bit too close to current meta. So you can go into the field right now with NZoth Control Shaman and see how it will go. needs some harrison / ooze to go the distance with Control Warrior

As always- this coming from a lazy gaffer that cant be arsed to rank up past 14.

that deck will get rekt'ed by a well played entomb-control priest and probably Control Warrior. It's a bit too close to current meta. So you can go into the field right now with NZoth Control Shaman and see how it will go. needs some harrison / ooze to go the distance with Control Warrior

As always- this coming from a lazy gaffer that cant be arsed to rank up past 14.

Well that's going to apply for pretty much all N'Zoth decks and most control decks in regards to Priest. I don't think N'Zoth Shaman is something you play if control Priest is all over the ladder. Of course once Entomb rotates out that starts to change.

As far as control Warrior, really depends on which archetype. Shaman usually has ways to beat control Warrior and there are a lot of threats in that deck they're going to have to deal with. Yeah, they can brawl your N'Zoth board but two 10/10 taunts isn't the easiest thing in the world to deal with when you've had to go through the gauntlet of other threats. Plus Stoneclaw Totem is a nightmare for Warrior.

And of course you can tech against the ladder. If it's super control heavy you probably aren't going to run so many board clears.

ZealousD

Don't think she does enough unless you adjust the deck to support more Jade Golems, which is entirely possible of course.

The 4 mana spell slots in pretty easily, 7 mana minion is probably iffy though.

By all means, share your take on it.

Here's my version of a Jade Golem N'Zoth Shaman.

Since you're playing N'Zoth I think Loot Hoarder would be better than Ancestral Knowledge.

I don't know if you play the Infested Tauren over Jinyu Waterspeaker so I split the difference.

I think Control Priest would definitely struggle more against a Jade Golem version of the deck like this.

Since you're playing N'Zoth I think Loot Hoarder would be better than Ancestral Knowledge.

I don't know if you play the Infested Tauren over Jinyu Waterspeaker so I split the difference.

I think Control Priest would definitely struggle more against a Jade Golem version of the deck like this.

I actually do really like the look of that. Will definitely test something similar when the expansion drops.

That deck is going to be super flexible too which is promising. So many things you can sub in and out based on the meta.

I wonder if trying to fit in a Jade Spirit would take too much away.

ZealousD

In retrospect, I would actually think about cutting the Things From Below in that deck, considering it's not running any playable totems. You only have the hero power to do it, which means that their massive discount might come pretty late. You could probably squeeze more into the 4 drop slot that way.

In retrospect, I would actually think about cutting the Things From Below in that deck, considering it's not running any playable totems. You only have the hero power to do it, which means that their massive discount might come pretty late. You could probably squeeze more into the 4 drop slot that way.

TFB is too powerful to not run, even in a control shaman deck. It's not like you aren't going to be hitting that hero power button. Even 4 mana 5/5 taunt is good, but you can often wait for better or for a turn where you have heavy overload.

patchday

I'm a bit more curious about this build and would definitely give it a go I think. mostly because it's a lot different from the traditional Control Shaman I've run in the past and I'll have more minions earlier. Will have to see how the meta shakes out.

ZealousD

I'm a bit more curious about this build and would definitely give it a go I think. mostly because it's a lot different from the traditional Control Shaman I've run in the past and I'll have more minions earlier. Will have to see how the meta shakes out.

My initial thought is that it would be good against zoo-type aggro and control/reno decks, but would do poorly against midrange. How it fares against face aggro would require going double waterspeaker. There's actually very few BRM/TGT/LOE cards in that build so it might become one of the go-to builds for shaman after the next standard rotation.

I think the first deck I really want to try out is a midrange paladin list.

I just have to figure out exactly how many 1 drops I want to run. It kinda depends on how powerful the ramp potential is there.

This is what I have so far:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...41:2;49662:2;49667:1;49677:2;49683:1;49712:2;

You might laugh at fight promoter but fight promoter's text doesn't require the 6th health minion to be "another" or "other friendly". I think if fight promoter gets buffed to 6/6, he draws cards when you play it since it'll trigger off itself.

The number of 1 drops is the most up in the air. You want to draw some early and you still want to get 3 off small time recruits, both times preferably. If fight promoter works out really, maybe even cut 1 small time recruits and cut the 1 drops in half. The main win condition I want to focus on is dopplegangster.

I just really gotta play with the deck type some to really get a feel of how strong buffing 1 drops are.

patchday

yeah babbling book is ok but firelands portal is really nice. I ran freeze mage this season but I usually always have firelands portal in my tempo builds

Pooya

1480229480-capture1.png

I'm going to try something like this when set is out and surely will get rekt by all the reno decks people will play and promptly delete it.

I don't see decks like this to be good in environment like that no matter how you build it. It should be good against aggro decks, it's hard to manage a long game plan other than Justicar. You will still get rekt by the priest or renolock or whatever but it should beat warrior.

if fight promoter works like it should be interesting, still I'm not really sold on the reliability of hand buff so I'm only trying cards that are still ok by themselves without a buff. I think the card should work quite well with dragon package though. If you play buffs and dragons, you're quite likely to hit that and dragons are probably better against control than divine shields.

patchday

yeah Idk bout pally. I crafted tirion awhile back so pally quests could be less painful and stressful lol. Tired of watching him get hexed. your deck looks good though you got way more pressure.

never seen justicar on paladin but maybe once. Interesting deck

I've never seen a warrior throw a match up so hard as just now. He bothered to brawl my board of 1/1s plus lightlord... I guess he thought the value was too hard to pass up or something. The funny thing is that lighlord won. But he should never have brawl'd there in the first place. He just should have shield slammed. I was expecting shield slam 100%. Instead he did both.

So then he brawled my first anyfin... and was out of answers to the second anyfin... This warrior was sitting at 70hp almost. Threw the match so hard! I guess hitting hero power every turn was too exhausting for your brain.

Pooya

not surprised at all about Forsen, who'd watch that other than bots. he's not even reaching disguised toast numbers these days. Yet, somehow Blizzard gives him cards instead of Kolento.

Isn't there a video of forsen accusing massan of having viewbotters? Then massan said he wasn't doing it. Turns out forsen had viewbots too. lol

And wasn't there drama about massan accusing amaz of viewbotting? The drama around streamers... lol

Dre

So that's what happened to his stream. I noticed that I haven't seen his stream at #1 for a while and couldn't figure out why. But if you think about it, it all makes sense, Forsen's stream is by far the worst when it comes to Hearthstone.

Pooya

savjz's stream right now is why I don't play shaman, what a stupid ass deck.

roll spell power hur hur win, don't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom