• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Looks cool. If the guardian is super OP a 5/5 taunt isn't too bad for 5-mana although you already do have two 0-mana 5/5 taunts lul.

Yeah, I'd consider this sufficiently super OP.

15220151_1284794714896627_5061749904679581552_n.png

Pooya

That seems pretty good for the taunt shaman with ancestral spirit, n'zoth things like that.

taunts with deathrattle are very valuable right now.

It helps with fatigue too against other control decks, you draw it the card is nuts.

N'zoth shaman new meta, instead of playing stuff like chillmaw, this is way better, you can always play both.

Shaman keeps winning.

zoukka

This guys is legit then. Control shaman is starting to shape up nicely (though White Eyes will work in midrange as well).

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Most Control Shamans should definitely run White Eyes.

Not sure about midrange.

Dahbomb

Yup you play that in Crusher Control Shaman without thinking twice.

The card itself is alright. There just so happens to be a deck that this fits perfectly in so it's likely to see play.

Pooya

It's amusing how rogue is supposed to be the deathrattle N'Zoth class but they get shit to support it. Then Blizzard designers wonder why it didn't work out.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Why not run one you get a 10/10 for the late game. Imagine getting brawled then dropping a 10/10

It's definitely good against control warrior. I'm just wondering about the other match ups that usually play out faster.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah I'm not even convinced that this is a Control Shaman only card. A 5 mana 5/5 taunt is not even a big tempo loss. That's comparable to DotC. Combine that with the possible upside of slamming down a 5 mana 10/10 taunt? Why wouldn't a midrange shaman play that? It's sort of like, you know how even some tempo mages are playing Forgotten Torch? This is better.

Pooya

The card it shuffles in your deck is never a dead draw, yeah I can see you just jam it in more decks. 5/5 taunt for 5 isn't exactly bad, it trades well enough.

gutshot

Yeah I'm not even convinced that this is a Control Shaman only card. A 5 mana 5/5 taunt is not even a big tempo loss. That's comparable to DotC. Combine that with the possible upside of slamming down a 5 mana 10/10 taunt? Why wouldn't a midrange shaman play that? It's sort of like, you know how even some tempo mages are playing Forgotten Torch? This is better.

True. It's just the current midrange list is so refined. Not sure what you would cut for this. And when you already have two 0 mana taunts in your deck, a 5 mana one seems expensive. Even with that insane upside.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That seems pretty OP. You play a on curve 5 drop, and then later on get a super OP 5 drop. You don't even have to build your deck around it, you just need to be somewhat controlish.

True. It's just the current midrange list is so refined. Not sure what you would cut for this. And when you already have two 0 mana taunts in your deck, a 5 mana one seems expensive. Even with that insane upside.

Trogg and golem and thunder bluff are rotating out soon

Plenty of room

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm surprised the first taunt is as solid as it is. 5/5 on 5 is fine, and the minion later is ridiculous.

I guess it only seems slow compared to broken shit like thing from below.

Ladekabel

I know that every Shaman I'll encounter will topdeck the 10/10 against me the very next turn.

I don't even think it'll only get played in Control Shamans. Midrange will include this for sure.

It also has to compete against overload. You won't always be able to drop this on turn 5 and the longer you wait, it gets significantly weaker imo. Later you want to be playing ragnaros, TBV, or your finishers.

Maybe midrange cuts harrison jones for it though. And I don't think it's that common for overload to be active exactly on turn 5, but it could still be an issue.

V-Faction

Listen, if you play a Rogue, don't feel jealous. This is literally the first class Deathrattle card Shaman has gotten (ignoring Aya). And it's a legend so there's only one!

Shaman is the big, beefy Taunt class if you ask me. This just adds to it. If you run N'Zoth, White Eyes, Aya, Sylvanas, and Cairne are all prime Ancestral Spirit targets.

Or, if you feel fancy, trade in for Barnes and/or Madam Goya. Then use your Hero Power or Call in the Finishers for a an easy 1/1 or 0/2 target, with nothing but BIG BOYS in your deck.

Honestly... I was hoping for something Jade Golem related. But it's clear Blizz wants to try something original. If ONLY Kel'Thuzad and Reincarnate were legal.

As a matter of fact, with the new Tri-Class Discover card, it may well be possible to use Journey Below or Raptor.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That is some big ass late game for Shaman.

If you just use a few of the known Deathrattles is it enough to run N'Zoth?
This guy, and who else?

Would you try to run this in a Golem deck also or are those separate decks? I kinda think combining them might be a bit too much atm. You'd get the usual suspects Infested Taurens & Loot Hoarders, but do you want to run Aya and all the Golem cards too? Seems a bit too crowded. Maybe I'm wrong tho. It would be obvious I think if I had the cards in front of me instead of needing to go off memory.

White Eyes, Cairne, Sylvanas and maybe Chillmaw are likely to be the N'Zoth package for Shaman if the deck proves worthwhile. I'm not sure if you try to fit in anything else really.

It looks like a good fit in n'zoth shaman but will the deck be better than other n'zoth decks? I mean, paladin has tirion which is clearly stronger than that and still doesn't make it. If we're looking at a priest meta, it just gets entombed or even stolen outright.

I think it's a good card, will see play, but perhaps the flashiness of a 5 mana 10/10 is going to cause people to over-evaluate the card.

Pooya

Shaman has quite a few advantages in control over paladin.

Hex is a card, paladin has no real single target removal, you can't Aldor Rag or Sylvanas.

Shaman has multiple single card board sweepers, paladin is all in on drawing equality combo.

Shaman might not have as good heals, but they have more than enough.

Shaman's hero power has much more value and relevance to control than recruits. Having taunt and spelldamage is pretty good.

It's unlikely to be some tier 1 deck but it doesn't mean it's necessary worse than N'Zoth paladin. It already destroys mid shaman when paladin doesn't. It's not good against other control decks which this card helps.

As for entomb, this being a 5 drop instead of a 8 one, it enables you to do some combo wombos with it and don't give much entomb value. Play Emperor, then play it, ancestral it, play faceless. can't entomb both. There are some moat lurker shenanigans too.

Shaman also has both epics to be revealed and from what I can tell neither of them should be a Jade Golem card.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or both are control oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom