• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Uh oh, this thread has gotten WAYYYY off course

Please change for this page

Petrarca

Banned
Uh oh, this thread has gotten WAYYYY off course
Let me save this thread

Francis Ford Coppola goes all in for Blu-ray

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...ebut_Blu-ray_Release_Bram_Stokers_Dracula/847

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has revealed final specs for the October Blu-ray release of 'Bram Stoker's Dracula,' which is headlined by the extensive participation of legendary director Francis Ford Coppola.

Coppola has long been one of the most forward-thinking of Hollywood's elite auteurs, having created an in-house high-definition division at his American Zoetrope production company several years ago to oversee the mastering and supplement production for all of his films on disc.

Though Coppola and Zoetrope have already remastered most of the director's films in HD for release on standard-def DVD (including such classics as 'The Godfather' trilogy, 'Apocalypse Now' and 'The Outsiders'), 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' will be his first to hit next-gen disc -- as originally announced late last month, Sony plans to debut a brand-new special edition of 'Dracula' day-and-date on Blu-ray and DVD October 2.

Now comes word of the various special features to be included in this new edition, and -- unsurprisingly -- they include the participation of Coppola himself, with the director having recorded new introduction and audio commentary expressly for this release. Also included on the disc will be deleted scenes, four featurettes ("The Blood is the Life," "The Costumes are the Sets," "In Camera: The Visual Effects of Dracula" and "Method and Madness: Visualizing Dracula"), plus a special Theatrical Trailer for the upcoming Coppola film 'Youth Without Youth.'

Tech specs will include a newly-remastered 1080p transfer at the film's original 1.85:1 aspect ratio, as well as uncompressed PCM 5.1 surround audio.

Sony has set a $28.95 list price for the Blu-ray.

We've added these new details to our dsic info page for 'Bram Stoker's Dracula,' which you'll find lurking under October 2 in our Blu-ray Release Schedule. Stay tuned for box art to be revealed soon.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/16

Francis Ford Coppola Preps For High-Def Disc
Fri Apr 07, 2006 at 03:55 PM ET

While most major filmmakers are still taking a wait-and-see approach to the coming high-def disc formats, one of America's greatest auteurs has already jumped in head-first.

Last year, Francis Ford Coppola launched Zoetrope Aubry Productions (ZAP), a high-def production arm of his Zoetrope Studios that has been using HD to both produce content both for today's standard-def DVDs as well as for the coming next-gen formats.

Home Media Retailing recently profiled Coppola's resident DVD guru, Kim Aubry, who has produced all of the bonus content on the director's recent DVDs in HD, including 'The Godfather Collection,' 'One From the Heart,' 'The Outsiders: The Complete Novel' and 'Rumble Fish.' Acknowledging the expense of working in HD so early in the game, Aubry says he and Coppola are hoping to both expand the boundaries of what is possible on disc as well as pioneer a new market

"We’re doing it because we want to learn how to do it," Aubry told HMR. "We're kind of seeding the market -- using HD transfers of the film to make the bonus materials. The possibilities.. are very interesting because we can have the film presented beautifully, and we can annotate interestingly."

Regardless of the fate that awaits the next-gen high-def disc formats, HMR reports that Coppola and Aubry have some interesting projects in store for early adopters. Zoetrope is currently putting the finishing touches on new disc editions of the director's 'Bram Stokers Dracula,' which will include a first-ever "art student" viewing option, while the new 'Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier,' will be what Aubry describes as a "kitchen sink" multi-disc set featuring the two versions of the movie and extensive documentary material

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Onix said:
oliphant_3.jpg

:\
:lol
You crack me up onix.

lolwtf steve austin was in a movie? -_-

http://www.onkyousa.com/news.cfm?id=119

08/09/07 - ONKYO USA has announced the launch of its first HD-DVD player, the DV-HD805. This player has been introduced to realize the potential of high-definition HD DVD content. It is also one of the first HD DVD players to take advantage of high-bit-rate audio streaming via HDMI version 1.3a. The DV-HD805 will be available in the fall of 2007.The DV-HD805 is designed to partner with Onkyo’s 2007 A/V receiver line-up. Both the HD DVD player and the A/V receivers feature HDMI version 1.3a connections, making the combination of these components the perfect platform for high-definition 1080p video images. It also nicely complements Onkyo’s A/V receivers by streaming of the new lossless surround sound formats, Dolby® TrueHD and DTS®-HD Master Audio, as well as two “lossy” formats, Dolby® Digital Plus and DTS®-HD High Resolution Audio.

The Onkyo DV-HD805 has the capability to support different frame rates, including playback at 24 frames per second, which is the native frame rate of the original sources for most HD content. This ensures that the user will be able to experience the playback of films recorded to HD DVD with the smoothest, most stable reproduction possible.

HDMI version 1.3a allows the DV-HD805 to offer the full potential of high-definition 1080p video (the native resolution of HD DVD discs). Furthermore, HDMI version 1.3a enables Deep Color™ technology to improve color tones and achieve finer color gradation. Also, when connected with the new Onkyo HDMI version 1.3a A/V receivers, the DV-HD805 is capable of high-bit-rate audio streaming output. Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound codecs enable bit-for-bit reproduction of the studio master meaning that this player is capable of the highest clarity and most advanced realism from movie soundtracks. It also has the capability to provide Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio bit stream data.

HD DVD specifications allow for the inclusion of web-enabled network connectivity to develop new and unique content such as additional materials and bonus features. In addition to downloading content, HD DVD users also have the ability to upload content and interact with providers, to participate in interactive polls for example. Compared to other media formats, HD DVD is advanced in this capacity. The DV-HD805 includes an Ethernet port to allow users access to these capabilities, as well as enable the user to easily download any future firmware updates.

Recognized as the leading video processing technology in the home theater industry, the DV-HD805’s onboard HQV Reon VX video processing chipset provides exceptionally precise video scaling (to 720p, 1080i or 1080p). When used with the standard-definition DVD format, HQV Reon VX enables viewers to enjoy superior video quality at the native resolution of the connected high-definition display. HQV Reon VX processing also eliminates or substantially reduces video noise for improved video reproduction.

The DV-HD805 will be available in the fall of 2007 at a suggested retail price of $899.

dv-hd805.jpg

It appears that an Integra branded version will be available as well (same specs, same price).

Raistlin

The Main Event said:

Wow ... I'm kind of surprised this finally came out. Its been MIA for so long.

The one thing I find curious however, is all the talk of streaming the new audio codecs. I thought most (if not basically all) HD DVD's where using the mode that prevents this?

EDIT : I believe its called advanced content mode ... but don't quote me on it.

The DTS-HD MA decoding is great news, especially for people who are importing a lot of European titles (since a lot of them have DTS-HD MA soundtracks).

Raistlin

The Main Event said:
The DTS-HD MA decoding is great news, especially for people who are importing a lot of European titles (since a lot of them have DTS-HD MA soundtracks).

Yeah ... its about time DTS released the decoders.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Onix said:
The one thing I find curious however, is all the talk of streaming the new audio codecs. I thought most HD DVD's where using the mode that prevents this?

They just want to sucker the ignorant into buying HDMI 1.3 for the newer codecs by making it seem like that's the only way to hear them.

The Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player seems to have a lot of talk around it lately. I think we're going to see a steady increase in sales for it as time goes on.

Raistlin

TAJ said:
They just want to sucker the ignorant into buying HDMI 1.3 for the newer codecs by making it seem like that's the only way to hear them.

Probably :p

Though it would be beneficial in a BD player, since none of the disks prevent it at the moment (thanks to BD-J delays lol).

Regardless, this player actually having the new DTS decoder does make it a good buy.

ToyMachine228 said:
The Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player seems to have a lot of talk around it lately. I think we're going to see a steady increase in sales for it as time goes on.

I remember the last time we heard that... and the time after that...oh at the other time too

Mrbob

ToyMachine228 said:

It would get an increase of +1 by me if it were 99 bucks.

Of course this only applies until Universal goes Blu.

The Main Event said:

From what I'm reading (in that article) is that the onkyo will STREAM the codecs to a HDMI 1.3 receiver. I don't think it decodes DTS Master audio.

Raistlin

DarkJediKnight said:
From what I'm reading (in that article) is that the onkyo will STREAM the codecs to a HDMI 1.3 receiver. I don't think it decodes DTS Master audio.

If that's true, then betrayalton total :lol

As far as I know, most/all? HD DVD are using the advanced content mode whether the title actually has any advanced content or not ... at least that's what I've read previously.

I'm wondering if that's just the default for HDi?

robot

Picked up TMNT, The Warriors and 300 on BluRay yesterday. Some quick impressions.

Was alittle dissapointed in the quality on TMNT, I mean it's crystal clear but it didn't exactly blow me away. Was just expecting it to knock my socks off given it's a CG movie and whatnot. It did looks pretty amazing in certain scenes though (the rain fight for example). Am I crazy or does anyone else feel the same way?

The Warriors on the other hand looks amazing given how old of a movie it is. The colors are really vibrant, and the picture quality is pretty much perfect. Really glad I purchased this again since I already own the DVD. Classic movie everyone should check out. I did watch this first so that couldve had a negative effect on TMNT.

300 looked great too, some grain but it's purposely done so I can't complain. It's been talked about to death so I can't really contribute anything new.

EDIT: Im running these through 720p btw.

tha_con

Banned
I honestly think Universal is 'driving the war' simply so costs continue to drive out, and then at the last moment, they'll bait and switch to Blu-Ray.

Still, I think it's rather ridiculous for them to stay exclusive to HD DVD, given that nearly every movie outsells it's HD DVD counter part almost 2 to 1, IIRC.

It just doesn't make much sense to me...the quality in HD DVD isn't any different, and consumers really don't seem to care about anything else, obviously Blu-Ray, IMO, should be a clear cut choice to support.

robot said:
Picked up TMNT, The Warriors and 300 on BluRay yesterday. Some quick impressions.

Was alittle dissapointed in the quality on TMNT, I mean it's crystal clear but it didn't exactly blow me away. Was just expecting it to knock my socks off given it's a CG movie and whatnot. It did looks pretty amazing in certain scenes though (the rain fight for example). Am I crazy or does anyone else feel the same way?

The Warriors on the other hand looks amazing given how old of a movie it is. The colors are really vibrant, and the picture quality is pretty much perfect. Really glad I purchased this again since I already own the DVD. Classic movie everyone should check out. I did watch this first so that couldve had a negative effect on TMNT.

300 looked great too, some grain but it's purposely done so I can't complain. It's been talked about to death so I can't really contribute anything new.

EDIT: Im running these through 720p btw.

thanks for your impressions...and yeah, watched 300 on my Bravia 40S2000 in 720p and it looks amazing...

...my ass still needs to pick up The Warriors =/

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
robot said:

Well the movie isn't made by Pixar. The Incredibles or Finding Nemo on Blu-ray will blow any CG non-pixar movie away.

Tedesco!

I don't if this has been posted or not, but from digitalbits.com:

Before I get into this, I want to be really clear about something. Because the moment I get into this, there's going to be a small group of guys who will start posting rumors on various discussion forums online. Other than regular advertising payments, which we accept from any and all studios who may wish to advertise on the site, The Digital Bits has never, and will never, accept money from anyone related to the Blu-ray Disc camp for an endorsement of that format. PERIOD. I'm not getting paid to endorse Blu-ray, none of our staffers are getting paid to do so. I do not get paid by anyone connected to Hollywood in Hi-Def.com. I contribute reviews there for free. Our decision to select Blu-ray as our high-def format of choice here at The Bits is our own - a decision we arrived at based on long and careful deliberations related to which format we thought had the best chance to win the format war, and our belief that a quick end to the format war is in the best interests of our readers and the industry as a whole. Anyone who tells you otherwise, anyone who says we're paid shills for the BD camp, is... flat-out... telling tales out of school. Got that? Good.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
DarkJediKnight said:

Yes....it seems it is the first ever player that can send a Dolby Digital Plus (but no Dolby TrueHD)and dts HD Master audio bitstream over HDMI to be decoded by, say, one of the Onkyo xx5 series recivers...

This is the first ever HD product with the ability to do this...

Raistlin

Kleegamefan said:
Yes....it seems it is the first ever player that can send a Dolby Digital Plus (but no Dolby TrueHD)and dts HD Master audio bitstream over HDMI to be decoded by, say, on of the Onkyo xx5 series recivers...

This is the first ever HD product with the ability to do this...

I haven't been paying attention to HD DVD technology that much lately ... but aren't most HD DVD using the advanced content mode that prevents this anyway?

Bebpo

Banned
OMG APOCALYPSE NOW.

This year just keeps getting better and better for HD films. That's pretty much my #1 movie of all time and seeing it in HD will be amazing :O

*edit: wait, what? That 2nd article you quoted about FFC is from April 2006. :( Guess it's still going to be a while...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Onix said:
I haven't been paying attention to HD DVD technology that much lately ... but aren't most HD DVD using the advanced content mode that prevents this anyway?

Yes.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Will player manufacturers just bulldozer through that and output the audio anyway? Or will they just sit and wait for the brutal backlash when customers realise they've just bought $2000 of player and amp and still can't get DTS-MA from it?

lupin23rd

mrklaw said:
Yes.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Will player manufacturers just bulldozer through that and output the audio anyway? Or will they just sit and wait for the brutal backlash when customers realise they've just bought $2000 of player and amp and still can't get DTS-MA from it?

By "player manufacturers" you mean Toshiba right?

Petrarca

Banned
Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour

http://www.avrev.com/news/0807/09.disney125.shtml

The Walt Disney Studios today announced the launch of Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour, which will visit 18 malls nationwide beginning August 17. The announcement was made by Bob Chapek, president of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour, sponsored by Panasonic, is an interactive exhibit designed to educate consumers about the new high-definition home entertainment technology and will feature interactive kiosks, viewing stations and a special presentation theater where consumers can experience first-hand the amazing capabilities and benefits of Blu-ray Disc technology.

Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour will also focus on providing clarity for the growing consumer confusion around high-definition home entertainment and educating them on the benefits of Blu-ray Disc technology. The tour will kick-off in Los Angeles, the entertainment capital of the world, beginning August 17 at the Westfield Topanga mall in Canoga Park, CA and continue on to 17 additional locations across the U.S.

According to a recent survey by Leichtman Research Group, close to one-half of the 24 million households with HDTV don't actually watch high-definition programs because they haven't obtained the necessary hardware from their cable, phone or satellite operators. About one-half of those viewers, about six million, don't even realize they’re not watching HDTV. The tour aims to educate consumers by delivering a comprehensive and entertaining high-definition Blu-ray experience, allowing them to interact with the technology and view live demonstrations hosted throughout each day of the tour.

Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour will feature exciting first-look opportunities in each market including previews of Disney/Pixar's Cars, as well as Disney's Meet the Robinsons, and live demonstrations where consumers will get first-hand experience playing the interactive "Liar’s Dice" game from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The Mall Tour features six to fourteen interactive stations (depending on the size of the mall), which will showcase all aspects of the Blu-ray Disc technology. A special mini theater will host hourly live presentations on Blu-ray high-definition technology. To date, Disney has released such hits as Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, The Guardian, The Prestige and many more on Blu-ray Disc.

"Our goal with the Disney Magical Blu-ray Tour is to reach as many people as possible and to help educate the consumers across all demographics," said Bob Chapek, president of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. "Our presentations and demo areas will hold something of interest for everyone, from kids and their parents, to older adults and teens. Even early adopters won’t be disappointed with the first looks of the bonus materials that we're rolling out for our future titles. Since high definition is for everyone, we made sure that the Tour elements reflected that as well."

Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour will travel to select markets across the country beginning August 17 and continue through December 23, 2007. Cities on the tour include Canoga Park, Costa Mesa, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Washington DC, Long Island, Boston, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Houston, Austin, and Phoenix.

Mall Tour Sweepstakes
Guests who visit Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour in each market can register to win a Blu-ray home entertainment package comprised of a Blu-ray player and a library of Disney Blu-ray Discs.

Mall Tour General Schedule
Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour will be open in all locations during regular malls hours from Friday - Sunday, with a special preview for the media on Friday mornings. Experts from both Disney and Panasonic will host the exhibits. They will also be available to answer questions about the technical aspects of Blu-ray and content featured on Disney Blu-ray Discs.

Disney’s Magical Blu-ray Tour:
Westfield Topanga - Canoga Park, CA - Aug. 17 - 19
South Coast Plaza - Costa Mesa, CA - Aug. 24 - 26
Westfield North County - Escondido, CA - Aug. 31 - Sept. 2
Westfield San Francisco - San Francisco, CA - Sept. 7 - 9
Washington Square - Portland, OR - Sept. 14 - 16
Westfield South Center - Seattle, WA - Sept. 21 - 23
Mall of America - Bloomington, MN - Sept. 28 - 30
Orland Square - Orland Park, IL - Oct. 5 - 7
Westfield West County - St. Louis, MO - Oct 12 - 14
Tyson Corner Center - McLean, VA - Oct. 19 - 21
Roosevelt Field - Garden City, NY - Oct. 26 - 28
Burlington Mall - Burlington, MA - Nov. 9 - 11
King of Prussa - King of Prussia, PA - Nov. 16 -18
Circle Centre - Indianapolis, IN - Nov. 23 - 25
Lennox Square - Atlanta, GA - Nov. 30 - Dec. 2
The Galleria - Houston, TX - Dec. 7 - 9
Barton Creek Square - Austin, TX - Dec. 14 - 16
Chandler Fashion Center - Chandler, AZ - Dec. 21 - 23

djkimothy

Stolen from AVS. There's a pretty good article about High def formats and what the execs are saying. Some guesses as to what might be offered this holiday as well.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070809/NEWS09/70809084

...Analysts said even lower prices for players could be the key to determining a format winner. Some believe that until prices hit the $200 range, consumers simply won’t upgrade from their current machines, many of which cost less than $100.

Chinese-made HD DVD players selling for $199 are expected to hit store shelves by December, while Sony is widely expected to cut the cost of its Blu-ray machine to as low as $299 by year’s end.

“When that occurs, the studios and Sony are going to pull out the big guns,” said Phillip Swann, president of the technology-oriented Web site TVpredictions.com. “They are going to release more titles, big titles, and really go for the kill this holiday season.”

I'll believe it when I see it but should make Nov-Dec interesting.

djkimothy

Rentrak numbers are up. Still waiting on the Neilson numbers of course.

Top Blu-ray Sales
WEEK ENDED 8/5/2007

RANK TITLE (LABEL/DISTRIBUTOR, SRP)
1 300 (WB, $34.99)
2 SHOOTER (PAR, $39.99)
3 PLANET EARTH: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION (BBC/WB, $99.98)
4 THE FIFTH ELEMENT REMASTERED (SONY, $28.95)
5 CASINO ROYALE (MGM/SONY, $38.96)
6 THE HOST (MAGNOLIA, $34.98)
7 GHOST RIDER (SONY, $38.96)
8 BLOOD DIAMOND (WB, $28.99)
9 PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST (DIS, $34.99)
10 IMAX: BLUE PLANET (WB, $28.99)

Top HD DVD Sales
WEEK ENDED 8/5/2007

RANK TITLE (LABEL/DISTRIBUTOR, SRP)
1 300 (WB, $39.99)
2 Hot Fuzz (UNI, $39.98)
3 The Bourne Identity (UNI, $29.98)
4 Shooter (PAR, $39.99)
5 Shaun of the Dead (UNI, $29.98)
6 Planet Earth: The Complete Collection (BBC/WB, $99.98)
7 The Bourne Supremacy (UNI, $34.99)
8 Batman Begins (WB, $28.99)
9 Blood Diamond (WB, $28.99)
10 Darkman (UNI, $29.98)

Source: Rentrak’s Retail Essentials ™.
Sales estimations are based on preliminary data provided through an exclusive arrangement with Rentrak Corp.’s Retail Essentials service. Point-of-Sale data is collected weekly and projected nationally for the U.S. bricks-and-mortar sales channel.

Oni Jazar

djkimothy said:
Stolen from AVS. There's a pretty good article about High def formats and what the execs are saying. Some guesses as to what might be offered this holiday as well.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070809/NEWS09/70809084

I'll believe it when I see it but should make Nov-Dec interesting.

There has already been deals on the Toshiba for $199 no? Why would a chineese knock off at the same price make things more interesting?

djkimothy

Oni Jazar said:
There has already been deals on the Toshiba for $199 no? Why would a chineese knock off at the same price make things more interesting?

I don't know. I'm not really apraised with player pricing at the moment. Maybe they're just throwing numbers out just to speculate how low they can get.

jjasper

Oni Jazar said:

I got mine for $199 it was a price mistake though, but I am 100% sure they will be $199 for the holiday.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
jjasper said:
I guess its better than the no good news that HD DVD gets.

Hey now, the Onkyo stuff is good news. Like onyx said, that thing was mia for a long time and a lot of people were beginning to wonder if it would ever surface. I thought djk would be more excited after he blew his load on the denon player.

So, how much are you selling your A2 for? Are you selling your movies as well?

This is not about a high-def movie on a disc

Well, I think it's not JUST about that. I read that just having the HD version of a movie wasn't going to be enough to entice consumers to abandon dvd. I mean, it was enough for us who really care about it, but new types of special features will probably be necessary for HD optical discs to go mainstream. This is why HD DVD is pushing so hard on their HDi and why the Blu Ray group is pushing so hard on BD Live and BDJ. Everyone understands you need to offer something beyond just the same movie with HD visuals.

C4Lukins

I could have a Petrarcaless world if people would just stop quoting it/he/she/shem. If not for me, then for your own sanity.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Disney Blu-ray Four-Packs Surface at Costco
from hi def digest

Although much has been made of Warner's upcoming "Best of HD DVD" and "Best of Blu-ray" disc bundles (which had been billed as the first of their kind), it seems that Disney has quietly beat Warner to the punch.

First spotted by Tyler Pruitt of the blog Format War Central, Costco began carrying three Disney-branded Blu-ray disc bundles this week.

Each of the bundles include a total of four previously-release Disney Blu-ray flicks, as follows:

The "Action Movies" four-pack includes 'Pearl Harbor,' 'Gone in 60 Seconds,' 'The Guardian' and 'Deja Vu'; the "Family Movies" four-pack includes 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl,' 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest,' 'Invincible' and 'Eight Below'; and finally, the "Disney Movies" four-pack includes 'The Wild,' 'Chicken Little,' 'Dinosaur' and 'Bridge to Terabithia.'

Each of the bundles appear to include the previously-released Blu-ray editions of the films, with the same specs, supplements and cover art.

Costco is selling each of the three bundles for $84.99 a piece -- that's a savings of over $50 if each were bought separately at their retail price.

At press time, it wasn't immediately clear whether these disc bundles are exclusive to Costco, or if they'll be offered via other retailers. We've contacted Disney for further information, and will update this article with any further details as they emerge. Stay tuned!

original.jpeg

jjasper

VanMardigan said:
Hey now, the Onkyo stuff is good news. Like onyx said, that thing was mia for a long time and a lot of people were beginning to wonder if it would ever surface. I thought djk would be more excited after he blew his load on the denon player.

So, how much are you selling your A2 for? Are you selling your movies as well?

:lol I know. I was just joking

I am not sure yet, depends on how much someone wants for it. I will probably sell the Matrix collection and Army of Darkness. I already used The Big Lebowski as a trade. I plan on getting one of the new players so I will probably keep Hott Fuzz since I can use the DVD side in the mean time (first time a combo has been worth the price).

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Well, you got it for $200, how much are you willing to part with it for?

$100, $125, $150?

I might be interested if the price is right. Did you get the firmware updates to work?

jjasper

VanMardigan said:
Well, you got it for $200, how much are you willing to part with it for?

$100, $125, $150?

I might be interested if the price is right. Did you get the firmware updates to work?

Depends. I don't know much about the used HD DVD market and if I would even be able to sell those movies seperately. I can it would probably be in the $150 range.

I forgot to try. :lol

VanMardigan said:
Disney Blu-ray Four-Packs Surface at Costco
from hi def digest

Although much has been made of Warner's upcoming "Best of HD DVD" and "Best of Blu-ray" disc bundles (which had been billed as the first of their kind), it seems that Disney has quietly beat Warner to the punch.

First spotted by Tyler Pruitt of the blog Format War Central, Costco began carrying three Disney-branded Blu-ray disc bundles this week.

Each of the bundles include a total of four previously-release Disney Blu-ray flicks, as follows:

The "Action Movies" four-pack includes 'Pearl Harbor,' 'Gone in 60 Seconds,' 'The Guardian' and 'Deja Vu'; the "Family Movies" four-pack includes 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl,' 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest,' 'Invincible' and 'Eight Below'; and finally, the "Disney Movies" four-pack includes 'The Wild,' 'Chicken Little,' 'Dinosaur' and 'Bridge to Terabithia.'

Each of the bundles appear to include the previously-released Blu-ray editions of the films, with the same specs, supplements and cover art.

Costco is selling each of the three bundles for $84.99 a piece -- that's a savings of over $50 if each were bought separately at their retail price.

At press time, it wasn't immediately clear whether these disc bundles are exclusive to Costco, or if they'll be offered via other retailers. We've contacted Disney for further information, and will update this article with any further details as they emerge. Stay tuned!

original.jpeg

Yeah saw that this week at a Costco in Naples, FL. They only had the "Family" movie pack though, with no other HD/BD movies in store, even though they were selling both the BDP-S300 and the HD-D2. Target was also selling Shooter and Hot Fuzz at 29.99 (34.99 at other places like BB). The Best Buy down there also had Breach HD at 24.99 which was probably a price mistake. Great combo price for a great movie.

I personally picked up Disturbia and TMNT HD DVD yesterday.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
:lol Highdef digest reviews of discoveries planet earth, instead of say worth a look or something, etc "get the bbc editions"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom