• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront |OT| of The Greater Goliath Republic

Liberty4all

Banned
Stripper13 said:
So a spotter would have to spot 8-9 enemies just to cover the cost of the drone?

I don't have the game so I'll reserve judgement for now - but so far it seems balanced. If someone is willing to spot for most of the match and the other team never takes the drones out - said spotter deserves anything he can afford.

You get 30 bp per spot but you also get an additional 40 bp if somebody you spot dies. I often have most of their team spotted (especially on cul de sac and suburbia) and get LOTS of those bonus 40s

Just got an email from OnLive. The OnLive version unlocks at midnight ET which for me in California time means 9pm. Where is my wired 360 controller...

legacyzero

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Just got an email from OnLive. The OnLive version unlocks at midnight ET which for me in California time means 9pm. Where is my wired 360 controller...
WHAT?!?!

oh hell yeah, Imma drain the fuck out of the 30 minute demo LOL.

styl3s

legacyzero said:
WHAT?!?!

oh hell yeah, Imma drain the fuck out of the 30 minute demo LOL.
Wish i could but for 2 years comcast has been giving me the run around with my internet, i pay for 12mbps but get 2mbps, they keep saying it's a weak connection and they send someone out and i get a good 8-10mpbs for a day then it goes back down.

I pray every night that any other ISP comes into my neighborhood so i can set fire this comcast modem.. ill take anything.. ATT, Verizon, Charter, Knology anything but this shitty comcast.

Bamelin said:
You get 30 bp per spot but you also get an additional 40 bp if somebody you spot dies. I often have most of their team spotted (especially on cul de sac and suburbia) and get LOTS of those bonus 40s
Ahh thanks for the clarification. Again, I don't know much about the game - so my analysis or understanding of the game mechanics are flawed at best. Seems like a well thought out system - I suppose there is a risk of BP farming for the sake of going for a high cost item over the actual meaningful assistance to your team. Either way, the team benefits and as long as there aren't 3+ drones in the air, I can't imagine it will detriment the teamwork/gameplay of the multiplayer.

legacyzero

Banned
styl3s said:
Wish i could but for 2 years comcast has been giving me the run around with my internet, i pay for 12mbps but get 2mbps, they keep saying it's a weak connection and they send someone out and i get a good 8-10mpbs for a day then it goes back down.

I pray every night that any other ISP comes into my neighborhood so i can set fire this comcast modem.. ill take anything.. ATT, Verizon, Charter, Knology anything but this shitty comcast.
Where do ya live? are you in a Centurylink area?

Wow, glad I preordered on Steam.

Servers are too busy to handle any more preloads of Homefront. Please try again in a few hours.

Cool shit.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
bluedeviltron said:
Wow, glad I preordered on Steam.

Servers are too busy to handle any more preloads of Homefront. Please try again in a few hours.

Cool shit.

Perhaps try again before getting butthurt. Took me a whole 2 attempts to get it started. Oh the huge manitee!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Still no Amazon shipment email for my 360 version. And nothing from OnLive, either. I bought two copies of this game and I'm getting fucked twice!

Bboy AJ said:
Still no Amazon shipment email for my 360 version. And nothing from OnLive, either. I bought two copies of this game and I'm getting fucked twice!

I haven't gotten my online live email but when I look at HomeFront on the OnLive service it shows that's it is already pre-paid so I'm sure it will just unlock at 9pm.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
OldJadedGamer said:
I haven't gotten my online live email but when I look at HomeFront on the OnLive service it shows that's it is already pre-paid so I'm sure it will just unlock at 9pm.
15 minutes, lets go.

Wow WTF @ those lens of truth shots.

Lighting looks better on 360, textures and image quality seem to be in PS3's favor. I'm starting to realise why the 360 version got an extra map...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Stripper13 said:
Wow WTF @ those lens of truth shots.

Lighting looks better on 360, textures and image quality seem to be in PS3's favor. I'm starting to realise why the 360 version got an extra map...
Texture detail are the same on both, but the lighting in the 360 version is hiding the detail on some facial effects.

I also am curious to see what the deal is with the texture pop-in stuff.

~Kinggi~ said:
Texture detail are the same on both, but the lighting in the 360 version is hiding the detail on some facial effects.

I also am curious to see what the deal is with the texture pop-in stuff.

Unreal engine man. Texture pop in galore in most of the games I've played on it.

Bboy AJ

OnLive says I can Play Now but when I hit the button, nothing.

Bboy AJ

OldJadedGamer said:
Me too. And the pricing is TBD. "Play Now" button does nothing.
FUUUU

Add me: Esquire

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Hmm this or TF2? Never played TF2.

I figure Homefront would be easier to get into since most people are new to it.

Bboy AJ said:
OnLive says I can Play Now but when I hit the button, nothing.

I exited out of OnLive then signed back and and I started the game just fine. Must be a small bug but working now. Just for shits and giggles, I'm going to play for a bit on my PC then switch over and play on my Mac.

Bboy AJ

OldJadedGamer said:
I exited out of OnLive then signed back and and I started the game just fine. Must be a small bug but working now. Just for shits and giggles, I'm going to play for a bit on my PC then switch over and play on my Mac.
I didn't do that. I am now able to activate it. Just took a bit, I guess.

edit: G40 error, WTF

edit2: Now it's working!

soultron

Banned
Wow. The 360 version looks rough with all of that pop-in. I didn't actually read, but did they make mention about installing to the 360 HDD?

Top Bottom