• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront |OT| of The Greater Goliath Republic

Yea, on some servers I'm getting incredible pings. Last night everyone on the server had a ping under 20. The MP is really growing on me, I'm loving it.

cjtiger300 said:
Yeah, I have had a few lockups, but nothing terrible. Lets try to squad up today. From what it looks like, you can have up to 16 in a squad! Thats crazy!!!

Mines the same as my username here. I might be full though, so send me yours.
PM sent

RavenHawk

I just wanted to thank whoever posted the link to the multiplayer guide. I'm hoping that once the servers stabilize (I endured BC2's month-long server suckfest so I can hold out for awhile) and I get some better loadouts things will become more fun.

Mr. Snrub said:
Anyone have a favorite loadout yet? I've been mainly using this, but really liking the SCAR lately:

Primary: ACR
Grenade: Flashbang
Attachment: ACOG
Equipment 1: White phosphorous
Equipment 2: Personal UAV
Abilities: Grizzled (XP bonus); Quickdraw (faster ADS)

Primary: scar
Grenade: C4
Attachment: none
Equipment 1: scout drone
Equipment 2: AT drone
Abilities: Drone speed, drone armor, cheaper loadout buys and I think the one where I don't show on the radar)

Tactic:
Rush the closest capture point, cap it, c4 it.
Go cower under an object where noone will find me, call my drone.
Flank enemy team, spot them from behind for 5 minutes (pretty much 5 star my drone every time, people are so dense in this game, noone looks up or behind them)
Spot till I have 2000-2500 points after 4-5 mins, then go spot for whoever is trying to capture a point until my drone gets killed (which is pretty fast once I do this).
If any enemy air units are up I call in the AT drone, which is way too good against aircraft and vehicles lol... I clear out the air, suicide it at a cap point.
Call in apache, rain down death.

I pretty much have to use this tactic because:
-It works extremely well
-It nets you 5000-6000 experience per game
-NOONE uses the spotting drone in most servers....
-You are never exposed when in infantry mode so the snipers and scar bollox don't affect you.
-Most people don't know about the AT drone against helicopters. (if they do and I react fast I can see where the first salvo came from and kill it fast)

I'm telling you, give it a week and noone will use helis anymore, that 300 point at drone craps all over them in 10 sec flat.

Also noticed that some guns do have recoil.
But then there is the scar and one of the smgs who are just no recoil two shot kill.... So whats the point in using the other guns.

Bugs:

pathing for the drones is horrible, they'll get stuck suspended 1 foot above the ground if they drove over a ledge or a rock half of the time, you can't drive off a rock or ledge most of the time.

If you are driving down a slope and you try to look up the camera will spaz out.

My crouch, sprint , fly up / fly down button just randomly stops working at times, often till I die and respawn.

Average framerate drops every match untill it becomes unplayable.
Nice memory leak you got there guys.

Speaking of framerates, I turned off SSAO, motion blur, DOF and my framerate is still poor (30-50 fps with a lot of framedrops to low 30s high 20s).
This is the worst performing UE3 game I've played so far (as in most perform really well, bulletstorm not so much but at least it looks the part) , anyone know how to do something about it?

I will admit that the scouting drone can be fun to assist a squad of people who are trying to cap an objective, or who you see getting flanked, or some assault guy who is flanking the enemy snipers.
I was spotting for some guy earlier who went ALL the way around to one of the sniper hills in the big mountain range map (sorry I don't know the name of it), and he basically took out all 7 snipers, then defended his spot with the wallhack that he got from my spotting for like 10 minutes.
He got 5 stars as infantry that way, not something you see often.

Too bad this kind of fun relies on the entire enemy team being too dumb to not just fire 2-3 salvos of fire into my drone to kill it.
5 star drones are REALLY tough btw, they can survive when being shot at almost indefinetly. (unless you call in an 300 point AT drone, which will take it out with a single rocket salvo...)

Erasus said:
Thinking about getting this on PC. But I hear it is a sniper fest like MoH... True or not?

Not true. Just usual whining about snipers in any FPS, except this game has a mode that identifies them as a target. You also have a number of ways to kill campers, including an airburst grenade.

nyong

Banned
Erasus said:
Thinking about getting this on PC. But I hear it is a sniper fest like MoH... True or not?
This is easily the worst game I have ever played when it comes to snipers/campers. No exaggeration. I'd be shocked if that patch doesn't include some sort of fix, frankly. And yes, you can spend massive amounts of points and take out the snipers...who simply respawn at no cost and get right back to it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Erasus said:

I think a lot of people dont' realize that you can't run and gun like in COD. If you do, you'll get gunned down by someone who is defending a target or area.

PhatSaqs

Banned
nyong said:
This is easily the worst game I have ever played when it comes to snipers/campers. No exaggeration. I'd be shocked if that patch doesn't include some sort of fix, frankly. And yes, you can spend massive amounts of points and take out the snipers...who simply respawn at no cost and get right back to it.
What do you think the fix could be? Snipers arent close to being overpowered. They are effective but there are things in place to help combat them (parrot drone). Maybe not so much at the early levels so I guess maybe that is the problem. The game is not as run and pop friendly as CoD imo.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
nyong said:
This is easily the worst game I have ever played when it comes to snipers/campers. No exaggeration. I'd be shocked if that patch doesn't include some sort of fix, frankly.
Someone from DE posted in the Steam forum that they were fixing that on the PC version. He didn't say how. No word on the consoles.

Can you get sniped through the jeep?

RavenHawk

Mr. Snrub said:
Not true. Just usual whining about snipers in any FPS, except this game has a mode that identifies them as a target. You also have a number of ways to kill campers, including an airburst grenade.

Maybe you have ways to kill campers ala the airburst grenade and other means, but for those like myself who are grunt-level, you are target practice. The game has some interesting concepts, but you are at a significant disadvantage when you start out.

Mr. Snrub said:
Air burst grenade costs 1200 battle points... that's a big deal to spend on one little sniper who will respawn 4 seconds later.

Battle commander mode does not identify the target, all it does is show you the position where he got his last kill from.
Whil it does work to help prevent spawn camping and camping in general, he can move between every kill once he is marked.
This is why you will see most snipers (who got the hang of the game) snipe from somewhere on a hill, so they can hide behind it and move a bit to the side between kills.

But yes, snipers aren't that super effective to get long killing streaks, but they ARE extremely cheap to get killed by in this game, and you rely completely on your team to cockblock them all game long. (which is why I pretty much always play the spotter, noone else seems to do it).
Many matches on pc end up having 7 + snipers on each team in no time.
All it takes to counter parrot drone is a single guy protecting the snipers with an AT drone, AT drone is tough as hell and keeps the skies clear all match long, and it's dirt cheap.

People complain about bc2 sniping but I never minded it, (at least not enemy snipers), a bit of erratic movement + bullet travel would keep most snipers from ever hitting you.
This is something entirely different though.

nyong said:

Really? Rocket drone can take them out, Hellfire missile can take them out. Those are both pretty cheap--anyone in a match should be able to get 1000 BP easily. Not only that, but the kill cam shows you EXACTLY where they are.

I mainly play BC Ground Control or vanilla Ground Control, and snipers are NOT a big factor--I wish I had a way of seeing which weapons have killed me. Snipers in MOH were much more annoying.

RavenHawk said:
Maybe you have ways to kill campers ala the airburst grenade and other means, but for those like myself who are grunt-level, you are target practice. The game has some interesting concepts, but you are at a significant disadvantage when you start out.

Your starting loadouts have hellfire missiles and the buzzard missile done.

SneakyStephan said:
Air burst grenade costs 1200 battle points... that's a big deal to spend on one little sniper who will respawn 4 seconds later.

Airburst grenade launcher is a weapon-specific unlock. You're thinking of white phosphorous.

Battle commander mode does not identify the target, all it does is show you the position where he got his last kill from.
Whil it does work to help prevent spawn camping and camping in general, he can move between every kill once he is marked.
This is why you will see most snipers (who got the hang of the game) snipe from somewhere on a hill, so they can hide behind it and move a bit to the side between kills.

Can you verify this? I haven't read anywhere that it's kill based, just that it gives you the target's general location.

angelfly

SapientWolf said:
Someone from DE posted in the Steam forum that they were fixing that on the PC version. He didn't say how. No word on the consoles.

Can you get sniped through the jeep?
No, and that's one of the issues I have with the game. You can't kill people in vehicles. The guy in the tank turret is half exposed yet you can't shoot him at all.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
SneakyStephan said:

But yes, snipers aren't that super effective to get long killing streaks, but they ARE extremely cheap to get killed by in this game, and you rely completely on your team to cockblock them all game long. (which is why I pretty much always play the spotter, noone else seems to do it).
Many matches on pc end up having 7 + snipers on each team in no time.

People complain about bc2 sniping but I never minded it, (at least not enemy snipers), a bit of erratic movement + bullet travel would keep most snipers from ever hitting you.
This is something entirely different though.

I complained about snipers in BC2 not because they killed me, but because as played by retards they are fucking useless in taking objectives in all FPS. Even in this game, I did see 4 snipers on a hill on my team, capturing nothing. It's like that in all FPSs tho. People love to be snipers.

commish said:
I complained about snipers in BC2 not because they killed me, but because as played by retards they are fucking useless in taking objectives in all FPS. Even in this game, I did see 4 snipers on a hill on my team, capturing nothing. It's like that in all FPSs tho. People love to be snipers.

Well yeah:p that's why I said I didn't mind enemy snipers :p
Snipers on your own team were mostly useless, apart from the rare sniper who would mortar down bomb spot cover to sniper planters/diffusers.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
angelfly said:
No, and that's one of the issues I have with the game. You can't kill people in vehicles. The guy in the tank turret is half exposed yet you can't shoot him at all.
That's hilarious, but I can kind of see why they did that.

kamspy said:
Snipers are easy to counter with drones.

Add me Homfront PC GAF: kamspy

I'm going to repeat this, parrot drones are easy to counter with very cheap AT drones.
If my team stacks snipers I spot for them so infantry can't get to them, if an enemy parrot comes to ruin the party I call in an AT drone and kill it (if it has stars, if not all it takes is a few bursts to take it down).

If you are going to assume that the people dealing with the snipers aren't retarded than please do assume that the snipers themselves aren't retarded either and will take out parrots (3 sniper bullets) and move if they got a star.

@ angelfly, you can die when manning a turret or even driving, I've been randomly shot dead a few times when driving or gunning.
But it is rare, your hitbox glitches or gets almost completely covered when in the gunner seat...
But this is no different for any other object, I've tried to counter snipe people a few times, and sometimes if they are behind a rock with their head sticking out, sniping, you will hit the rock each and every time.

kamspy said:
Snipers are easy to counter with drones.

Add me Homfront PC GAF: kamspy

Add us!

angelfly said:

Really? I could have sworn I've shot/gotten shot out of the turret. Seems like a weird design decision.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
SneakyStephan said:

The area it shows moves with him every set number of seconds, also when he reaches 3 stars it will show where he is. At one and two stars only 2 or 4 people can see his general area, but that number grows immensely once he hits 3.

SneakyStephan said:
If you are going to assume that the people dealing with the snipers aren't retarded than please do assume that the snipers themselves aren't retarded either and will take out parrots (3 sniper bullets) and move if they got a star.

I think we're just trying to figure out why some players are bothered by snipers and others don't have a problem with them at all.

EDIT:

Deadly Cyclone said:
The area it shows moves with him every set number of seconds, also when he reaches 3 stars it will show where he is. At one and two stars only 2 or 4 people can see his general area, but that number grows immensely once he hits 3.

Thought so!

Cornbread78

Help me, Homefront or Crysis 2? I already paid for teh pre-order of Crysis2, but I'm hearing the Ps3 version is flawed and horrible...

tiff

Banned
commish said:
Uhhh... games have been making these kinds of tradeoffs since the beginning of time. Are you arguing for uber realism? As in, one shot and you're dead? Tanks that can level a building in seconds? I'm not sure what you are arguing for, to be honest. How would you rather have them design the level, or do you want tanks and choppers and the rest of the vehicles removed altogether?
I understand the need for tradeoffs because no one wants to play a game where you get shot in the leg and then your character falls on to the ground and you have to watch him lay there and bleed to death for 4 hours but I think there's a difference between that and a tank being able to run over wooden fences. When I'm driving a tank in a game I understand certain qualities about tanks such as their tendency to fuck up things they run into, and when these expectations are betrayed to such a ridiculous degree as to my tank being totally powerless against a 3 foot wooden picket fence then not only is my suspension of disbelief shattered but it fucks with how I play the game (not planning for wooden fences to be obstacles when I'm driving a tank because I'm driving a tank).

Games like this are a balancing act between functional gameplay and still resembling reality and this fails that test. It's the same feeling I get when I'm walking down a street in a game and I'm suddenly stopped by literally nothing because devloper guy couldn't think of a more organic method to blocking my progress in a certain direction than to throw an invisible wall up.

nyong

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
What do you think the fix could be? Snipers arent close to being overpowered. They are effective but there are things in place to help combat them (parrot drone). Maybe not so much at the early levels so I guess maybe that is the problem. The game is not as run and pop friendly as CoD imo.
Automatically flag their location and lower the cost of sniper-counters? Recoil? I dunno. It's a balance issue, but it's a genuine issue that alot of people are complaining about. I hate the fact I can't run 10 feet on most maps without getting sprayed by someone sitting half-way across the map. Line-of-sight is an issue as well. If they can see you, they can hit you, regardless of where their gun-barrel is pointing. I suspect they had issues with environmental collision detection...it's pretty atrocious in vehicles or when trying to leap over stuff.

Whatever they do, they need to find a way to increase mobility. Most games degenerate into a camp-fest quickly, and it's basically by design (accidental or intentional).

PhatSaqs said:
All counters have counters. I'd say thats a good thing.
Well yes, but the AT is imo a bit cheap for how effective it is.
300 point AT >>>>>> 1600 point apache, 280 point parrot and 1200point littlebird helicopter combined.

The 1000 point air to ground missile predator drone gets used wrongly all the time btw:p
So many people use it just to get a quick kill, but it's way too expensive for that.
It's amazing as patrolling vehicle though, you just let it fly around and save your 2 shots to keep people from capping your objective/take out a tank/def an objective.

Tbh just making the 10 round mag sniper bolt action would go a long way to make it a bit harder to use and balance it out.
Seeing an enemy sniper miss you then get off 3 more shots before you figure out where it came from or get a chance to get to cover is annoying.
If he hits me with his first shot, good for him.

That or give it a 3 round mag (since it's 2 shots to kill most of the time).

Man, I really wish I knew how the demo recorder looked so I could show the games I'm in. Very little camp fests, everyone's running to capture points, etc.

EDIT:
SneakyStephan said:
It's amazing as patrolling vehicle though, you just let it fly around and save your 2 shots to keep people from capping your objective/take out a tank/def an objective.

Wow, now that's a good idea, didn't think of that...how long can it stay in air before fuel runs out?

kamspy

Mr. Snrub said:

Oh, killer! I sent invites to everyone listed in CST and EST. I also joined the community group. Going to try and wrap up DA2 tonight and tomorrow so I can play Homefront all weekend.

I usually give a shit less about KDR and just go for objectives. I'm also happy to do tactical shit, so yeah. Hope this ends up being fun.

Mr. Snrub said:
Man, I really wish I knew how the demo recorder looked so I could show the games I'm in. Very little camp fests, everyone's running to capture points, etc.

EDIT:

Wow, now that's a good idea, didn't think of that...how long can it stay in air before fuel runs out?
A very long time if you take the buddy perk.

kamspy said:
Oh, killer! I sent invites to everyone listed in CST and EST. I also joined the community group. Going to try and wrap up DA2 tonight and tomorrow so I can play Homefront all weekend.

I usually give a shit less about KDR and just go for objectives. I'm also happy to do tactical shit, so yeah. Hope this ends up being fun.

Excellent, I'm hoping to be able to play a good amount this weekend. I just added info on the Mumble server to the meetup thread too.

SneakyStephan said:
A very long time if you take the buddy perk.

Nice, thanks for the tip.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Cornbread78 said:
Help me, Homefront or Crysis 2? I already paid for teh pre-order of Crysis2, but I'm hearing the Ps3 version is flawed and horrible...
What are your PC specs because I wouldn't get either one on the PS3, to be honest. The framerates aren't all that great.

Mr. Snrub said:

Nice, thanks for the tip.
Np, try combining the buddy, rhino armor, and drone speed perks for your scouting btw, they give your parrot some real legs to last on.
Each star resets your fuel as far as I know (I've stayed up for well over 10 minutes at a time with a drone)
You can also re-mark an enemy as soon as the red marker starts to flash.
If you can get behind 5-6 clustered enemies early on you can rack up some ridiculous amounts of BP and level up your drone in no time that way.
Once your drone is 3 star (I think it's 3) it will repair itself.
Once it has 5 stars it's a boss, hover around cover and noone can take you out (again unless they use an AT)

My highest so far is 5800 BP with a single drone , blew it all on a chopper and 3 airbursts in the last couple of minutes ^^

Herding an enemy sniper who is dead set on taking you out with his pistol into your infantry with your 5 star drone is beyond hilarious. (you can tell I don't like them can't you)

One more reason why I hate the snipers in this game is that every time an infantry guy on my team figures out that I'm being his scouting bitch , and he decides to go for objectives , and we are totally tearing them up together, some random sniper from the other side of the map sitting inside a sewer pipe or in some grass will randomly take him out.
Effing party poopers.

@ clocker: yeah the little flying rocket drone counters snipers fairly hard, but it's oh so fragile.
I try to scan the skies for them everytime I hear the telltale PSHPSHHH rocket sound if I'm infantry, because they are easy fast free points, and will wreck your team if you leave them alone.

OT
Anyone who digs the whole counter, saving points, objective gameplay definately needs to check out section 8 : prejudice btw...
I played that game (closed beta) quite a lot a few weeks ago, it's extremely similar to homefront in how it works (and you can buy turrets instead of drones).

Totally different setting, guns and shooting mechanics though.
It's a tribes/homefront/battlefield/halo hybrid.

And to be fair any credit given to homefront for the battlepoints system being innovative or clever isn't fair to the section 8 devs, they came up with it (and nailed it from the first time).

[/OT]

Still weirded out by how many people are complaining about snipers. I guess Im just getting lucky?

Anyways, whoever ever said that this is the worst game you have ever played for snipers being everywhere, did you play MoH, MW2, or Mw1?

Klocker

TheApatheticOne said:
Still weirded out by how many people are complaining about snipers. I guess Im just getting lucky?

Anyways, whoever ever said that this is the worst game you have ever played for snipers being everywhere, did you play MoH, MW2, or Mw1?

yea snipers can be annoying but not game breaking like in MoH (or Frontlines)... jeebus cripes that sucked... but if people are spotting properly and snipers (and hellfires and attack drones) on your team are taking out the spotted snipers on their team then it's pretty balanced. it only sucks if your snipers are too busy turkey hunting to take out opposing snipers or not using the drones and such.

nyong

Banned
TheApatheticOne said:
None of the above. I took a break from shooters this generation apart from TF2, CS:S, LFD1/2, and BC2. I've played a few others like AvP for short stints as well.

To piggy-back onto what Klocker said: They could encourage counter-sniping and generally make sniper a less attractive option. Maybe give reduced points for kills over a certain distance unless the kill is an enemy sniper? Also give diminishing returns for kills achieved within 'x' feet of the same spot.

RavenHawk

Mr. Snrub said:
Your starting loadouts have hellfire missiles and the buzzard missile done.

2nd game last night:
  • Spawn into game,, sprint toward 'C' utilizing cover whenever possible., start capping 'C', get sniped.
  • Spawn, get spotted by 1 of the 3 drones in the sky, get sniped by same jackass now taking up residence on billboard.
  • Spawn, get lucky and guy runs right in front of me...knifey, knifey. I notice that I am spotted again, so I turn around to head for cover and get shot in the face by a SCAR.
  • Switch loadout to SMG class, spawn and hit the vest right away, get mowed down by helicopter.
  • Spawns 5,6,and 7 all end within a second from not so friendly helicopters
  • Spawn, take 5 steps and get hit by Billboard Bob again
  • Spawn, hit vest, and narrowly escape Billboard Bob (thanks vest!), run behind building and work my way to 'C' again and capture it. 2 seconds later I eat 2 grenades.
  • Spawn...hey look, a heli..
  • Spawn again, move forward behind building to get away from Bob's view and get sniped in the ass by Bob's cousin, Spawncamping Sammy
  • Spawn, and immediately turn to hunt down Sammy. Luckily someone else on my team has had his fill of being sniped and is marking people with his drone. I introduce Sammy to my blade. Bye Sammy. I start to head out of my base and get sniped. Fucking Bob.

The game pretty much continued this way, with me going 3-12 while capping 2 points. At what point in time was I supposed to be able to afford to purchase a hellfire missile?

nyong

Banned
RavenHawk said:
The game pretty much continued this way, with me going 3-12 while capping 2 points. At what point in time was I supposed to be able to afford to purchase a hellfire missile?
Sounds like my experiences so far. I'd love to see a video of anyone taking objectives and coming out with a positive kill/death ratio. Taking objectives offensively turns into a war of attrition just about every time for me.

If you notice the players putting choppers into the sky, it's usually the snipers too.

angelfly

desu said:
The maps are Harbor, Lowlands, Suburb and BigBox.

Also had a blast today, recon drone with 5 stars is just way too awesome :D.

Second sniper is way too crazy imho, the vision makes it so easy to find people.
Two more levels until I have it :) Sniping is lots of fun. I just wish we could get a new side arm since the pistol they give you is super crappy.

RavenHawk

SneakyStephan said:
Np, try combining the buddy, rhino armor, and drone speed perks for your scouting btw, they give your parrot some real legs to last on.
Each star resets your fuel as far as I know (I've stayed up for well over 10 minutes at a time with a drone)
You can also re-mark an enemy as soon as the red marker starts to flash.
If you can get behind 5-6 clustered enemies early on you can rack up some ridiculous amounts of BP and level up your drone in no time that way.
Once your drone is 3 star (I think it's 3) it will repair itself.
Once it has 5 stars it's a boss, hover around cover and noone can take you out (again unless they use an AT)

My highest so far is 5800 BP with a single drone , blew it all on a chopper and 3 airbursts in the last couple of minutes ^^

Herding an enemy sniper who is dead set on taking you out with his pistol into your infantry with your 5 star drone is beyond hilarious. (you can tell I don't like them can't you)

One more reason why I hate the snipers in this game is that every time an infantry guy on my team figures out that I'm being his scouting bitch , and he decides to go for objectives , and we are totally tearing them up together, some random sniper from the other side of the map sitting inside a sewer pipe or in some grass will randomly take him out.
Effing party poopers.

@ clocker: yeah the little flying rocket drone counters snipers fairly hard, but it's oh so fragile.
I try to scan the skies for them everytime I hear the telltale PSHPSHHH rocket sound if I'm infantry, because they are easy fast free points, and will wreck your team if you leave them alone.

Sneaky,

At what level are the goodies you mentioned available (buddy, rhino armor, and drone speed perks)? I had fun actually marking the enemy last night, as it was the only way I could contribute to my team.

Klocker

I saw a guy jump from a really high platform and a parachute deployed... is there a button for that or is it automatic?

also i assume you can do same form Heli?

RavenHawk

nyong said:
Sounds like my experiences so far. I'd love to see a video of anyone taking objectives and coming out with a positive kill/death ratio. Taking objectives offensively turns into a war of attrition just about every time for me.

If you notice the players putting choppers into the sky, it's usually the snipers too.

Exactly. As I discovered, Bob apparently own a fleet of warbirds.

nyong said:

You basically have to be a huge opportunist and a cowering asshole in this game.
Either you wait for someone to start spotting around a capture point before you even TRY to capture (opportunist).
Or you cower and hide, spot, snipe, pick off enemy parrot drones , take out that enemy chopper etc, all just so things can get rolling in your team's favor and you can make a push for an objective.

The main problem is that you are very reliant on your team for this (not neccesarily a bad thing) and that the matches don't last long enough if you are on the losing team to do something about it. (this IS a problem).

You also need to identify what role your team is missing most.
If you see a few airborne enemy units then its high time for you to bring out that AT or missile launcher and start clearing the skies.
If your team has a chopper up in the sky then you had better hurry up and summon that parrot drone so you can make the entire map light up with pretty red markers for him to aim at.
I often kill myself (choose respawn after pressing enter) to give back up to a heli if I have the wrong loadout.

It's not much fun for those people who just want to do the objectives though, you dont get to choose what you want to do, you just have to go with the flow.
And you have to accept that if you are every exposed to the enemy team's line of sight for more than 1-2 seconds than you will most likely be dead.
There is no such thing as infantry scouting or infantry pushing in this game, you have to let drones do the pushing and scouting. All infantry can do is follow the lead or flank over already scouted ground.
The infantry players are just the 'vip' s made out of glass that need protecting and escorting so their presence can make that progress bar for the capture fill up =\

edit : @ raven : I can't remember, I played for 9 hours total so far according to steam and am level 28.
I think I got the buddy and rhino perks fairly early on.
AT drone took till like level 15 or even 20 =(

Klocker

also agree that taking objectives feels more like a game of domination in CoD...AKA MEATGRINDER and less like conquest BC2.

wish they were a bit more spread out or tactical like in Battlefield not just a wave upon wave of enemies, rockets and sniper fire while trying to secure

Top Bottom