• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gudji

Just had my first encounter with a rockbreaker...

raw

ironcreed

Banned
How are all of you beating the first cauldron?! I must've spent an hour on that fight. Got close, but still couldn't finish it.

I got it on my second try. Just set traps all over the place, keep moving and pick your spots. A strategy that has been working for every big fight so far.

Just had my first encounter with a rockbreaker...

raw

Side quest spoiler:

There was a side quest to go investigate why a crew of guys excavating suddenly went missing. Sounds like the typical tracking side mission, went there, and BOOM Rockbreaker out of nowhere. Intense fight as I learned how to combat it. Avoided those like the plague every time I see them now.

nOoblet16

This game just feels so good to play. I finished the story ages ago because I raced through the main quest as the story was just so engaging that I wanted to know more. In most games I wouldn't return for other shit because either the side stuff would be poor or I won't be attached enough to gameplay to come back. In case of this game it just feels right to simply go around fight machines and shit. Hah.

The only thing I want to do in this game that remains is getting that end game gear. However it requires revisiting some areas that are pretty much empty with no enemies so all I'll be doing is just walking around and I'm not sure if I want to do that. I probably would but now it's Zelda time.

Great game !

PepperedHam

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but how are you guys finding the differences between performance and resolution on a 1080p? Any one worth using over the other?

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but how are you guys finding the differences between performance and resolution on a 1080p? Any one worth using over the other?

Both are fine. Resolution has a slightly softer image but it is clearer than performance. Just pick the one that looks better to you.

Side quest spoiler:

There was a side quest to go investigate why a crew of guys excavating suddenly went missing. Sounds like the typical tracking side mission, went there, and BOOM Rockbreaker out of nowhere. Intense fight as I learned how to combat it. Avoided those like the plague every time I see them now.

For some dumb reason I avoided that quest the entire game, so my first experience with a Rockbreaker was terrifying because I encountered TWO at once. I felt like I was in Tremors, running from big rock to big rock lol

CHC

Getting some hellacious NPC pop in in Meridian. The city is amazingly cool though, as is the story that lead me there.

Ardenyal

This critical strike melee is so bugged. Can't get the blazing sun on a hunter trial because there is no flat ground where the critical strike prompt pops up.

I prefer performance mode on my Pro. It lessens the fan usage compared to resolution mode. On resolution mode, my Pro was a howling banshee (especially whenever I was in a menu).

X-Frame

Regarding the "Ancient Armor" side quest:

If the Power Cell locations are tied to the main story, then I suppose it makes sense to actually finish the main story quicker than I am used to so that I get this new badass armor, that I can then use to complete side quests. Sound like a good plan?

Whoever wrote the beginning of this game did an excellent job. I really care about Aloy and HATE that she was treated so poorly for no reason. I played about 6 or 7 hours and I've barely done anything. This is going to be a game that takes me a long time to beat.

Maybe I just really loathe seeing people get bullied but that intro gave me some serious feels. I haven't felt this emotionally invested into a character since The Last of Us.

Stanng243

I got the collectors edition, but I don't seem to have the Nora Machine Trapper Pack. Anyone else have this issue? Was this supposed to be a separate code?

Muzicfreq

Banned
That's odd since I preordered the collectors on amazon and got no such outfit

I don't remember the name but it came from either the amazon code or the collector.

Nevermind apparently it's a Gamestop exclusive outfit for preorder
GameStop

Collector's Edition price: $120

See Horizon Zero Dawn Collector's Edition at GameStop
Standard preorder bonuses:

Nora Machine-Trapper Pack
Deals and preorder exclusives:

Nora Lookout Armor and Longshot Bow
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/21/a-complete-guide-to-horizon-zero-dawns-preorder-bonuses

Regarding the "Ancient Armor" side quest:

If the Power Cell locations are tied to the main story, then I suppose it makes sense to actually finish the main story quicker than I am used to so that I get this new badass armor, that I can then use to complete side quests. Sound like a good plan?

That would be awful anti climactic for me. I always try to intersperse side stuff with main story so i don't get burned out and there's variety. That's just me though.

X-Frame

I'm at the point where resource management is so important. I rather sneak pass enemies than to waste resources on them.

Like which ones? I pick up everything in my path and went for the Foraget tree first so I am swimming in resources. Only things I need to farm are the animal Skins and Bones when I upgrade a satchel.

CHC

Also getting weird lighting flicker in some parts, like it's switching back and forth between two color palettes without any transition. Minor thing but hope it gets patched.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I asked the same dumb question before, but does someone know what the preorder bonuses were at GAME.co.uk?

Do you guys think is worth going for the skill that lets you get back the enhancements from your weapons and outfits?

Yes. You won't be switching out weapons very often when it comes to direct upgrades, so the ability to switch out coils to more powerful versions is a great thing to have.

Like which ones? I pick up everything in my path and went for the Foraget tree first so I am swimming in resources. Only things I need to farm are the animal Skins and Bones when I upgrade a satchel.

Wires and blaze since I use my entire stash up on a side quest.

madmackem

This fucking game man, it might have now spoilt all other games coming out, I can't wait for Zelda tomorrow but having played this on a pro on a nice big tv I just don't know how Zelda can compete this game looks totally fucking insane then you add in its open world and that just makes it even more impressive.

Carcetti

what do you mean?

Combine stealth run ability with the heavy stealth armor with 3 purple stealth coils and you can sneak past enemies very, very easily. It also makes for amazing photography tool since you can get extremely close to most machines for photo mode and they won't see you unless they're fliers or you get into their frontal vision cone.

They're OP in a fun way since you can just pick the fights you want and enjoy sightseeing when you want to do that instead.

Stealth seems to work in the way that +stealth is always on, even when walking and crouching just adds its own bonus to that. So that means in stealth armor you're somewhat stealthy even upright.

They're so good, maybe too good. Can basically walk right up to any enemy as long as I'm not running at them straight on and get a stealth kill.

Combine stealth run ability with the heavy stealth armor with 3 purple stealth coils and you can sneak past enemies very, very easily. It also makes for amazing photography tool since you can get extremely close to most machines for photo mode and they won't see you unless they're fliers or you get into their frontal vision cone.

They're OP in a fun way since you can just pick the fights you want and enjoy sightseeing when you want to do that instead.

Stealth seems to work in the way that +stealth is always on, even when walking and crouching just adds its own bonus to that. So that means in stealth armor you're somewhat stealthy even upright.

ohhh.

I need it.

Ferr986

Yep. Extremely handy for customizing your end game gear and you never waste a coil.

Yes. You won't be switching out weapons very often when it comes to direct upgrades, so the ability to switch out coils to more powerful versions is a great thing to have.

Cool, thanks! I'm also interested in the skill before that one, that lets you get back traps, although I dont know if it works, for example, with wires already used against an enemy.

That and the triple arrow shot are my main objectives right nowm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom