• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed out on the Nil sidequests. I met him early on but totally forgot about him when I liberated that first bandit camp. Now, the bandit camp mission is completed but the talk to Nil objective is marked out with an x. Did I screw this up?

I've cleared 2 camps without him. Hope that didn't screw up the quest...

Yeah, me too. I've cleared up 3 bandit camps with him, but he was nowhere to be found in the last two camps..

Capella

Yeah, me too. I've cleared up 3 bandit camps with him, but he was nowhere to be found in the last two camps..

I think there are some bandit camps where he doesn't show up. I did the first with him, second without, and then the third with him (the location of this one was
on my way to Meridian
) when I had the game.

mileS

Oh well. Level 50 and still at the lvl 12 main quest.

I definitely played this game the wrong way, but I am loving this game so, so much.

Seeing as how weapons aren't level restricted, it seems the only benefit to being overleveled that you get is the extra HP. It's not much at that, I know on hard it may let you take an extra hit or two.

The more I play the more I love the way this game is designed. No wrong way to play it :) I really appreciate the distance they make you travel early on in the story. They want you to explore.

cudiye

i had just finished overriding a broadhead and proceeded to fight a thunderjaw. I kid you not, my friendly broadhead attacked the thunderjaw and got instantly tail swiped and died.

I have never laughed so hard in my life.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

KZObsessed

The final battle of the level 12(?) Revenge of the Nora Quest was amazing. Had a surprising amount of fun with the bandit camps as well. Playing on Hard.

Love fighting alongside NPCs.

Just completed Cauldron Zeta. Nice reward, and I lol'd at
what the Cauldron turned out to be.

Also, during my playthrough, I beat my first Thunderjaw. Phew! What a freaking rush.

Wanna ask again as I'm curious what you guys have done:

Those dirty baskets you can buy at Meridian... what are they for? Because honestly, I need to clear out my inventory anyway, so if buying them is worth it for something down the line -- and I have to assume they are -- then gonna buy buy buy!

Mindlog

All of the following spoilers are related to, Nil.

I only saw Nil
twice (this space intentionally left blank)
Nil's
second
location.
South of the Shattered Kiln Bandit Camp
Shattered Kiln is South of the Tower and NorthEast of Sunfall

Just took down my first thunder jaw wow. If my first 5 hours of the game were "meh it's alright", the 10 hours I have put in since has completely made me adore this game.

Bravo Guerilla Games, bravo.

i had just finished overriding a broadhead and proceeded to fight a thunderjaw. I kid you not, my friendly broadhead attacked the thunderjaw and got instantly tail swiped and died.

I have never laughed so hard in my life.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif
I saw one of these things five minutes ago and instantly turned right the fuck around.

burgerdog

Slagshine Glass is worth a lot and only one item requires it for purchase according to the wiki. I really hate not knowing if it's safe to sell some items. Anyone else able to chime in before I get rid of it.

Slagshine Glass is worth a lot and only one item requires it for purchase according to the wiki. I really hate not knowing if it's safe to sell some items. Anyone else able to chime in before I get rid of it.

Bandits drop them pretty often, so even if you need them later on, you know where to get them.

I can't recall need them for anything important.

Just finished it. Bravo to Guerrilla. It's a great first attempt for a studio new to the genre. There are some obvious improvements to be made moving forward, a lot of them are quality of life additions found in other games. While Hard was frustrating as hell at times, I'm glad I picked it and stuck with it. When you get 1-2 hit at times even with full health, it kinda forces you to learn and use everything to survive.

Can't wait to see them actually flex their muscle with a sequel now that they have the experience and tools to do so.

alt27

52 hours to 100% it. Loved every minute.

Really hope they have a team working on some DLC that could make the long wait for the sequel a bit better.

Just beat it. Thought the story was good, like surprisingly great. Aloy is amazing and the visuals are like a generation ahead. Photo mode is brilliant and the combat is really fun.

Has a few minor flaws. Would have liked armour and weapon crafting to make use of the stacks of materials and 40,000 + metal shards I finished with, maybe more quests and better weather transitions but otherwise easy 9/10 game. Look forward to the sequel a lot.

Is there anyway to see exact amount of hours played?
Select load game rather than continue and you'll see it on your game save.

Thanks for the instructions on seeing played time.

So I'm level 44 with 47 hours played. I'm only at the main quest
The Grave-Hoard
. The progression tab says I'm ~75% completion (I do all of the side quests and errands before moving to a main quest).

Styles

Okay so Corrupted Rockbreakers are no joke on Very Hard. I'm getting dragged to hell and back. It's a one hit KO kinda battle.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Guise, should I have come across a
cauldron
yet? I just cleared the
excavation site main story quest

If not that's fine, if so I assume there's no issue with heading back and completing it?

Just beat it, man what a ride. I actually really, really liked the story, and it was great to get even more details on the world and what happened through the voice and text logs.

I want more.

I started taking a lot of pictures after about halfway through the game (wish I started from the beginning), need to get those on my computer and check them out.

jdstorm

Banned

You can buy back anything you sell and rare vendors will sell most Machine Parts. So you can mostly sell anything with abandon

GReeeeN

has anyone else had one of the earlier errands glitch where you had to return to the merchant in the starting area, and the merchant isn't there?

hydruxo

Guise, should I have come across a
cauldron
yet? I just cleared the
excavation site main story quest

If not that's fine, if so I assume there's no issue with heading back and completing it?

Cauldrons are all side content, and they're tucked away in the mountains for the most part so usually you won't stumble on them unless you purposely seek them out. So yeah, you're good to head back and do them at your own pace.

So the two merchants standing together that ask for specific robot parts, can you only give them 1 part and then you're unable to interact with them?

Nasbin

Finally beat the game on Hard after 68 hours. It took me that long because I never wanted to fast travel - I'd much rather take in the world Guerilla has built and get into fights everywhere I went because holy shit the combat in this game is just so much FUN.

It's like if you took Dragon's Dogma but injected it with a full dose of Vanquish and then added an actually engrossing world and an engaging story on top of that. Fan-fucking-tastic, I can't wait for the sequel.

Mifune

Mehmber
It's not talked about TOO much, but man, the music is fantastic. Some of the melodic stuff that plays while you're roaming around is simply beautiful.

Yeah, the music is gorgeous. And there's a LOT of it. Incredible variety in sounds, too. It ranges from Horner-esque windswept beauty to synthy Mass Effect textures.

But they've got an all-timer with Aloy's Theme, whose melody perfectly evokes both the awe-inspiring landscape and the character's inner world. I love how it's used sparingly, too, not slathered on every dramatic scene, but appearing in various harmonic guises and sub-themes. It's the kind of musical restraint and command that I don't see in video game scores too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom