• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ieatzombies

Awesome OT Shinobi👏. My preload is all done and it's almost 9! So ready. Will be putting Yakuza 0 on pause like so many others are.

daftstar

Has the soundtrack come out yet? Any music playing during traversal and/or impressions on it?

I really want to feel something similar to hearing Fields of Skellige theme from Witcher 3.

Tovarisc

I sort of understand what you're saying and for you it might be similar to RotTR but I don't agree with your opinion, and I'm sure you're fine with that.

I mean Aloy has the ability to hack and mount a robot for traversal and combat. That alone is enough to set itself apart from RotTR's loop, in my opinion.

I was just joking about the bow :p

Have fun with the game.

That's nice. I guess questioning a comparison nets you an intentionally obtuse medal. I wasn't insensitive towards the poster or slow in my understanding of the situation.

Maybe you missed the part where the poster in question considers the quests, combat, gathering and crafting a part of the core gameplay loop.

I didn't take offense about you questioning why my brain heads towards RotTR when looking at HZ's moment to moment, aka core, gameplay.

When player constantly stops to gather something and constantly crafts stuff (mainly ammo) then it's very much part of core gameplay loop. Things like questing, dialogue system and movement based combat are things that really set HZ apart from TR's. Like I have mentioned earlier.

I like TR, but the combat is pretty boring. How is the combat in this game?

Much, much better. I thought TR's combat was serviceable (with Rise's shotgun being awesome) but Horizon's combat is excellent. There's a decent learning curve to mastering the bow and hitting the different crit spots on machines is a good challenge and super satisfying. In the last few hours I've gotten really confident and effective with the bow and have been having an absolute blast. The enemies are also all great fun to fight, they get in your face and are scary and every encounter with the bigger enemies are very stressful.

wapplew

5 hours in, one little writing complaint.
The transition between important story beat is quite jarring, everything back to normal too quick regardless of what just happened.
Other wise, story is surprisingly gripping, dialogue and voice acting very good too, never skip one scene.

Footos22

Will also begrudgingly be putting yakuza 0 on hold.

I mean the game is fantastic and so much fun. But theres so much to do, an overwhelming amount. Especially when you only have about an hour or 2 to play a day. Im gonna take a break from it. Smash through Horizon, then go back to it after.

Still need to make time for Nioh, kingdom hearts and gravity rush 2. Sony please.

Unlocks in 2.5 hours. Preloaded and ready to go. Pacific time zone helps me get in a couple of hours tonight and still be up for work tomorrow morning.

I plan to do everything in this game. Aiming for the full platinum. Anyone else?

5 hours in, one little writing complaint.
The transition between important story beat is quite jarring, everything back to normal too quick regardless of what just happened.
Other wise, story is surprisingly gripping, dialogue and voice acting very good too, never skip one scene.
Hey wapplew did you even go to sleep? Saw some of my friends playing at 12(one is still at it)

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Ugh, why do people post lengthy let's plays to YouTube before games even come out? People who watch full game let's plays should be ashamed of themselves and they should also get off my lawn.

bubumiao

Ugh, why do people post lengthy let's plays to YouTube before games even come out? People who watch full game let's plays should be ashamed of themselves and they should also get off my lawn.

No one's forcing ya to watch. Just like a spoiler thread. You choose to enter or not.

Not everyone is hyped about this game. Many folks are fine just watching a playthrough. What do they care about spoilers? For those streamers, it's most important to be first.

Catch up to the times, old man.

fastmower

I didn't take offense about you questioning why my brain heads towards RotTR when looking at HZ's moment to moment, aka core, gameplay.

When player constantly stops to gather something and constantly crafts stuff (mainly ammo) then it's very much part of core gameplay loop. Things like questing, dialogue system and movement based combat are things that really set HZ apart from TR's. Like I have mentioned earlier.
Battling massive robot dinosaurs sets this game apart more than anything.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
No one's forcing ya to watch. Just like a spoiler thread. You choose to enter or not.

First off, stay away from my lawn.

Second, spoilery thumbnails and titles pop up in people's suggested videos. Again. Shame is in order.

Jobbs

Banned
PSN :(

3LNuQp4.png

i've searched for hours.....and would still like a definitive answer on the question of the Pre-order content in the digital deluxe edition.

if all the stuff is already unlockable in-game....and this is just an early unlock.

Well, looks like amazon fucked up another release day guarantee for me. They are 0/4 on even shipping things before release day at this point. If it wasn't for the 20% off, there's absolutely no way I'd still be preordering anything from them at this point.

i've searched for hours.....and would still like a definitive answer on the question of the Pre-order content in the digital deluxe edition.

if all the stuff is already unlockable in-game....and this is just an early unlock.

I don't think it is. I haven't seen the preorder armor available for purchase and I've sunk 40 hours in.

my early copy came with the code and I didn't even realize.

CHC

Just finished my platinum trophy for Bloodborne tonight.

My schedule is wide open.

(Well except for real things, but eh.)

It is so, so bad. The pausing and restarting can sometimes work, but for me it is always at least 4 times slower than Steam, which I also use via wifi on a PC sitting directly next to the PS4. I wish you luck. Sometimes rest mode can also make things go quicker, but you also can't see how far along it is without powering on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom