• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

Can't tell what's going to be a better way to start this game:

Tonight with scotch, or tomorrow with coffee?

Is the game only saving at bonfires? They're quite plenty though so I'm not complaining.

I think I read something about fast-traveling via bonfires, but I still can't do that right now. I guess it will only be available later.

Traveling is quite a slog without a mount. My habit of picking everything on sight is not helping either.

AEREC

Anyone having issues with crashing? tried twice to get through the intro and I'm getting a hard lock on my PS4 pro.

Retail version with the latest patches installed.

QaaQer

Thanks.

So improved texture resolution, improved AF and downsampling? This decision isn't getting any easier!

My mind is telling me no but my body...

Get it. I bought one one Sunday and no regrets.

Btw, my wife was ok with it because we had just booked a vacation to NYC and so was pretty happy. you should book a vacation tonight.

Tyaren

Is the game only saving at bonfires? They're quite plenty though so I'm not complaining.

I think I read something about fast-traveling via bonfires, but I still can't do that right now. I guess it will only be available later.

Yes, saving only at bonfires. For fast travel you need go to the map and hover your marker over a bonfire or town icon. You need a sleeping bag (don't know if they call it this in the English version) each time though. You can buy one or craft one yourself. So fast travel is not free.

Well i can confirm gameplay visuals are the exact same as the cutscenes. There is no trickery going on and the models are the absolute same.

This is gameplay zoomed in

horizonzerodawn_20170aguy4.png

Best graphics hands down.
Edit: Until Dawn comparison

untildawn_201612091632fkgh.png

Looks almost if not just as good. Incredible for an open world.

Yes, saving only at bonfires. For fast travel you need go to the map and hover your marker over a bonfire or town icon. You need a sleeping bag (don't know if they call it this in the English version) each time though. You can buy one or craft one yourself. So fast travel is not free.

Until you craft a better sleeping bag, then its unlimited. Not to far into the game either. :)

Until you craft a better sleeping bag, then its unlimited. Not to far into the game either. :)

I see. That's good to know then.

Tyaren

Thanks.

So improved texture resolution, improved AF and downsampling? This decision isn't getting any easier!

My mind is telling me no but my body...

Get a Pro, if you can.
The game looks great on PS4, on PS4 Pro it however looks absolutely stunning.

GHG

Get it. I bought one one Sunday and no regrets.

Btw, my wife was ok with it because we had just booked a vacation to NYC and so was pretty happy. you should book a vacation tonight.

Car, ps4 pro and the vacation?

Bro, if I get the first 2 things on that list then the only "vacation" that I should be booking is the one where I book a room in the hotel across the road for myself for tonight. At least I will still have my toys though right...?

Now if I only book a vacation then it's a different story, but she hates me spending too much money on what she calls my "man things". In other words, things that aren't for her as well lol.

Get a Pro, if you can.
The game looks great on PS4, on PS4 Pro it however looks absolutely stunning.

Ahhhh. RIP GHG.

B00TE

Human enemies aren't that fun to fight, certainly not in comparison to the robodinos. Almost felt like I was pulling a mafia 3, luring them to the same spot to keep killing them over and over, lol.

Still blown away by how the world looks/feels, that's certainly not getting old.

Traveling is quite a slog without a mount. My habit of picking everything on sight is not helping either.

You have to craft fast travel packs out of resources

EDIT: Just saw someone already answered that for you

NightOnyx

one hour left, I can't believe I'm so close to finally playing this game. I've been looking forward to it since the concept art leaked. So pumped!

Jedi2016

The game does auto-save at certain points, when completing objectives in quests and such (saw it a few minutes ago in Angry Joe's stream). So it's not only at bonfires, I guess that's the just the only place you can manually save.

Well i can confirm gameplay visuals are the exact same as the cutscenes. There is no trickery going on and the models are the absolute same.

Both courtesy of Guerrilla Games wizardry, damn good GG, damn good.

zokie

Warning !!!! Vocalist Julie Elven voice will get stuck in your head even if you are not playing the game

You can hear her voice everytime if you bought the digital deluxe edition , theres a digital deluxe theme

When it comes to characters details, I still think ROTR (and of course UC4) looks better.
But yes, it's pretty incredible for an open world indeed.

"I can't tell you about that right now": The Game

Enjoying so far, seems like I'm nearing the end of the opening section and getting to the open world bits. Game is gooooooorgeous. Combat is good too, just takes getting used to.

Dialogue is not great and I'm already irked by how dumb majority of NPCs are. I get it's the point but it makes me never want to talk to any of them, lol

AEREC

Ya..this kinda sucks. It has crashed three times and not more than 5 minutes into the intro. The crashes are weird as they completely kill the PS4 Pro to the point where I have to unplug the power cord and plug it back in to get it to boot up.

Is there any way to reinstall the disc version without it updating to 1.02?

Guys pause and restart until you get something good and then put it in rest mode. You will get much faster speeds.

So weird it was flawless at launch, they most have downgraded servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom