• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've only played an hour but I can immediately tell I will like the characters. Aloy has spunk. She has moxie.

wow. This is gameplay

HorizonZeroDawn_20170227215600.png

I think I accidentally skipped a cutscene by tapping x. Sudprised it's that easy.

Was it right after you are done in the cave early on? (keeping it vague here)

I accidentally skipped that one but then for all other conversations and cutscenes of any kind there is a pause screen that comes up. Not sure why that one I was able to skip.

Lady Gaia

Argh. Still almost two hours to wait before the digital download unlocks! Enjoy, everyone. I've been going progressively dark as more and more of you dive in. See you on the other side.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Was it right after you are done in the cave early on? (keeping it vague here)

I accidentally skipped that one but then for all other conversations and cutscenes of any kind there is a pause screen that comes up. Not sure why that one I was able to skip.
Yes! Wtf at that?

Mengetsu

Is anyone having issues with the deluxe edition items downloading? It's just giving errors all around. Game is downloaded fine.

The Lamp

For those wanting (or wanting to avoid) an entire story summary, I posted it in the spoilers thread.

How common is this "GameStop releasing the game at 9pm the night before" thing?

It became a thing after RE7. They asked the publisher if they could do it and they said yes. It was successful so now they do it more.

Jedi2016

Won't get this until tomorrow when I get home from work. :(

I was watching a video on YT just now, and it just doesn't do it justice.. video compression in the face of all that detail!

My Pro hungers! Many 4K screenshots await!

Lucent

Best Buy delivered my copy around 1pm today here in Indiana. Unfortunately I didn't get to play much because I had to work at 4pm and had other stuff to do. But I can tell it's gonna be good. Gonna play for at least a couple hours tonight.

GHG

Can someone point me towards the differences between the ps4 pro version and the regular ps4 version?

I want to make a decision on what I'm doing today in terms of whether I get a pro or not... I'm also looking at getting a new car so maybe it's not the best idea...

If I rock up with a new car and ps4 pro later I think my wife might just kill me.

i've searched for hours.....and would still like a definitive answer on the question of the Pre-order content in the digital deluxe edition.

if all the stuff is already unlockable in-game....and this is just an early unlock.

dont you need to exchange the tokens at a vendor for the items? I havent yet, but I see the tokens in my inventory.

Kin5290

I'd hoped to play some tonight, but I missed the apparent 5 minute window between when I could pick the game up from Gamestop and when they closed. I'm never buying games from them again.

I'd hoped to play some tonight, but I missed the apparent 5 minute window between when I could pick the game up from Gamestop and when they closed. I'm never buying games from them again.

5 minutes that changed the course of history. Haha. Sorry, that stinks.

Just want to say that after watching some stream footage and a bit of the intro on YouTube that this is probably the most graphically impressive game I've seen in years, especially for a console-only title.

Really want to build a souped-up PC this year, but Horizon is definitely making me consider grabbing my first console since the 360 elite back in 2007 (which I got for Halo 3), a PS4 (Pro?) as well.

It IS the killer app for me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just want to say that after watching some stream footage and a bit of the intro on YouTube that this is probably the most graphically impressive game I've seen in years, especially for a console-only title.

Really want to build a souped-up PC this year, but Horizon is definitely making me consider grabbing my first console since the 360 elite back in 2007 (which I got for Halo 3), a PS4 (Pro?) as well.

It IS the killer app for me.

There also a ton of games that are coming out this year that should only add to the purchase not too mention the already released titles like Bloodborne.

Cyanity

Banned
Man, the Ps4 Pro is looking to be the GOAT console of this generation. There are gonna be so many great exclusives on it, on top of it being the first console to support 4k.

If they do a Horizon bundle later this year...I might jump on one.

QaaQer

Can someone point me towards the differences between the ps4 pro version and the regular ps4 version?

I want to make a decision on what I'm doing today in terms of whether I get a pro or not... I'm also looking at getting a new car so maybe it's not the best idea...

If I rock up with a new car and ps4 pro later I think my wife might just kill me.

Mmmm, new car and new electronic hardware...

G-Bus

Banned
Well damn. The hype is real. Just overy an hour to go. Warned the wife I'll probably fall asleep on the couch tonight hah.

tdrdrgn

I like TR, but the combat is pretty boring. How is the combat in this game?

The combat in TR is passable at best, Horizons combat is much better. their not really that comparable though because TR mostly functions as a cover shooter with pretty standard enemy's (soldiers/mercenaries) As others have said the encounters with the robot dinosaurs are really fun. They all have their own separate move and attack patterns so encounters are different depending on what you face. + you actually need to properly aim in this game. Most dinos can pounce instantly on you before you can fully draw back your bow so it can get pretty hectic at times. and janky :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom