• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can't tell you about that right now": The Game

Enjoying so far, seems like I'm nearing the end of the opening section and getting to the open world bits. Game is gooooooorgeous. Combat is good too, just takes getting used to.

Dialogue is not great and I'm already irked by how dumb majority of NPCs are. I get it's the point but it makes me never want to talk to any of them, lol

Aloy dialogue is pretty good imho, but I'd have to agree that the NPCs aren't. I wouldn't call them dumb though, they're just kinda stiff.

Floody

Ya..this kinda sucks. It has crashed three times and not more than 5 minutes into the intro. The crashes are weird as they completely kill the PS4 Pro to the point where I have to unplug the power cord and plug it back in to get it to boot up.

Is there any way to reinstall the disc version without it updating to 1.02?

No I think you either delete everything or nothing on PS4. Might have already tried but try deleting your save date and see if it's caused by that.

AEREC

No I think you either delete everything or nothing on PS4. Might have already tried but try deleting your save date and see if it's caused by that.

Just deleted everything again...installing the disc one last while its disconnected from the internet.

how do i check status of a pre-load?

when i bought it....i saw the normal downloading stuff on the side...but when i backed out and went to download activity section, nothing.

witness

Got to play for a couple of hours after getting it at gamestop tonight. Really loving everything about it, fuck I'm so bummed I'll be at work all day tomorrow.

so...i have no experience w/ ps4 pre-loading.

when i bought the game...there was a bunch of status boxes for everything on the side.

and i was under the assumption that preloading was an automatic thing???

apparently not?

i had to manually download it?? so this mfer just started...instead of 2 hours ago when i bought it

AEREC

Do you have boost mode on? Maybe that's messing with the Pro patch.

no...I wasnt part of the beta for that.

The error is CE-34878-0 which seems to happen with quite a few apps apparently. I remember getting in on GTAV on my previous non-pro PS4 until they updated it.

The main theme of this game is iconic in my brain already. That melody sticks with you.

Yes, I'm digging the music as well.

when i bought the game...there was a bunch of status boxes for everything on the side.

apparently not?

i had to manually download it?? so this mfer just started...instead of 2 hours ago when i bought it

It should be automatic, yes. I had it ticked and it started downloading when it's time.

McGwigan

Banned

apparently not?

When I buy a game on the psn store website there's always a button that says "download to PS4" - even if I preorder 6 months ago the button is there and it never fails, you just have to make sure it is pressed and the game goes into your download queue which you can also view on the website.

Won't help you now but for the future it may

as a person who appreciated the witcher but just couldn't get into it because of the combat, do you think i will enjoy this game?

i don't even know why i'm comparing it to the witcher..but i just finished nioh and i know it doesn't play like that lol. i've stayed away from reading about it too much ..but the reviews are amazing

ron_bato

Huh, must be a glitch of some sort if we've both seen it. I hit X to climb up twice and skipped it but yeah, it brings up a hard to miss pause screen in all other cases. Curious.

lol it happened to me too, had to restart the game to make sure my game wasn't bugged, and apparently tapping x at that point caused me to skip the cutscene.

Floody

no...I wasnt part of the beta for that.

The error is CE-34878-0 which seems to happen with quite a few apps apparently. I remember getting in on GTAV on my previous non-pro PS4 until they updated it.

That sucks, you might have seen it but Googled the error code and found this fix for it.
http://ps4daily.com/2014/09/ps4-error-ce-34878-0-fix/
Maybe worth a shot if redownloading doesn't work. Up to you though, I've never been a fan of completely reinstalling a systems OS and having to move or redownload everything.

Didn't know that details in cutscenese and in-game are different in ROTR.

It's different in most games. In Horizon included. Mostly the lighting and shaders are significantly improved while in cutscenes even if cutscenes are real-time/in-engine.

The reason it's being pointed out here is because the gameplay here and gameplay models look this good though. The cutscene ones are still better, but that they look this good in gameplay is amazing.

Darktalon

I've played it for about an hour now. This game has literally the best built in anti aliasing I have ever seen in any game ever. Even with the performance mode turned on, disabling down sampling, it is unbelievably good. With downs ambling it is God tier good. I walked nose to the plasma and it is just incredible.

Taggen86

What effects or details do you think TW3 does better? I see people compare this game to TW3 a lot - but I just don't see it. For the record, I played TW3 at 1440p all ultra settings.

The water and the foliage looks much better and the textures are higher res in witcher in 4k and ultra than in horizon to name a few. However as I said horizon is very close, especially if you consider the hardware it is running on.

Just played my copy all night and yes, this game is fantastic! Everyone that is excited, you should be. It's very fun, well made, interesting and beautiful. I got it in the mail from Best Buy a day early and I'm so happy I got such a great game early.

Hawk269

Got to my Gamestop at 9:10 and they were already closed.

Is it in a small market? Usually when they close by that time they had hardly any pre-orders or no one really showed up to get it at midnight and are waiting till tomorrow to get the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom