• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goal buying it early was to finish before zelda and I will do that, took all two weeks. This game is so good. My favorite PS4 exclusive.

That's good to hear. I think I'l be able to finish this in two weeks as well. I have ME Andromeda in mid March.

Seriously this is making the Pro look like a generational leap. This isn't even remotely possible on OG PS4 or Xbone. Mind obliterated with beauty.

Are you saying that OG PS4 version looks a generation behind compared to Pro?

Jashobeam

Giving in to hype, fuck it, buying digital, my wallet am cry.

Is the digital deluxe version worth it? Are the ingame items exclusive for digital deluxe?

Justified

I think the face animations are animated well but it is everyone else in cutscenes that seem off for me. Maybe it is just the start of the game, might get better later on. But like I said game looks amazing out of cutscenes.

I know what you mean. It has that RPG cutscene animation jank look.

Probably because like most RPGs with dialog choices and multiple reaction they have to keep render animation dynamically (if that make sense, I don't know what it would actually be called)

jwhit28

Game is beautiful even on og PS4. I haven't had any freezes but more than once an npc has began a line of dialogue before the previous line ended during a cutscene.

Dead

well not really...yet
Installing now

Haven't touched a game in nearly 3 months. Afraid i'll bust a nut in the first 5 minutes :x

The Lamp

guysi know everyone's playing but..

as a person who appreciated the witcher but just couldn't get into it because of the combat, do you think i will enjoy this game?

i don't even know why i'm comparing it to the witcher..but i just finished nioh and i know it doesn't play like that lol

i've stayed away from reading about it too much ..but the reviews are amazing

yes. do it.

anddo0

My game is pre-loaded and ready to go ; however I'm off to bed (should've been sleeping already) anyway, I plan to do a mini marathon and enjoy the heck out of this game.

calder

Played an hour, should go to bed now. The vegetation alone is unbloodyreal. Astounded at the visuals already even after seeing videos for years.

And man, that little boy you meet early on,
who throws a rock at lil Aloy and calls her an outcast, I was so outraged I was looking for a "shoot in leg with arrow" reaction lol. Luckily, Aloy is a much better person than me so she took the high road ;)

Just cancelled my Amazon pre-order I did today and I'm gonna buy the digital rn. Wanted to play so bad lol

Edit: it really doesn't want me to add this game to my cart. What gives?

The Lamp

My goal buying it early was to finish before zelda and I will do that, took all two weeks. This game is so good. My favorite PS4 exclusive.

Same. If you work a full-time job and/or have a family, this game will probably take you 1-3 weeks to finish the main story.

Just fyi, if the disc version your getting isn't the same as the one ya sold, expect to start the game over. :(

I got the Latin American version...is that really different?

LMAO holy shit that would suck. I was at the last mission of the game LOL. I would just watch it online at that point.

Same. If you work a full-time job and/or have a family, this game will probably take you 1-3 weeks to finish the main story.

I got the Latin American version...is that really different?

LMAO holy shit that would suck. I was at the last mission of the game LOL. I would just watch it online at that point.

I got my US version and it started a new install and wouldn't register my saves. :/ but I still have my other copy.

xewind

Played for a hour only cuz I got work today. Game looks stunning (OG PS4) and I'm already having a great time with it. Really liking the characters as well.

Now off to bed... Can't wait to keep playing it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thankfully I have Yakuza 0 to finish, or I'd be putting this up in my psn wallet right now...

Still so tempted. Must resist. One more day.

ironcreed

Banned
This is not only the most gorgeous game I have ever played, but it also feels like straight butter to play. Even the default control scheme just feels right. This is going to end up being one of my absolute favorite games, I can tell that right now. Just an astounding production.

This is not only the most gorgeous game I have ever played, but it also feels like straight butter to play. Even the default control scheme just feels right. This going to end up being one of my absolute favorite games, I can tell that right now. Just an astounding production.
Menu's pretty fast too, something that bothered me so much in many open world games

Played up until
my first save point
. The intro was great. It really does help you feel for Aloy. I'm already starting to care about her as a character.

The graphics are amazing(OG PS4) and so is the soundtrack. I'm glad we have games that are so clean, with little to no aliasing. I haven't done any combat yet, but movement and aiming is pretty smooth. Can't wait to play more after work. :D

It's really weird, but it won't let me add just the base digital version of the game to my cart on the PS4 or on the website. Only the deluxe. Guess I'll have to just pay the extra 10.

drotahorror

Did anyone watch any of AngryJoe's stream? I didn't want to spoil anything so I didn't. Anyone know what he thought about it so far?

Jobbs

Banned
Okay, pausing and resuming downloads on PS4 -- at least for me -- is absolutely crazy. Somehow it seems to put you at radically varying bitrates on some of the resumes.

I was chugging along at what I settled on as an acceptable speed -- I had 3 hours left at that rate. I paused and resumed and this time it settled in at 5 hours left. Slower.

So I paused and resumed again and now it's moving super fast -- 1 hour left. I thought it was estimating wrong at first but I watched the progress for a few minutes and it's true.

george_us

Lawd. I was so wrong. SO wrong. It's like GG took all of the good elements of western RPG/Open world/TPS design and completely stripped them of all of the annoying shit that makes them unfun to play. Crafting is simple and quick. Combat feels fantastic so far. The small chunk of the overworld that I've played so far feels pretty dense and super fleshed out. So far the game feels like Witcher 3 if it actually had good combat. Aloy rocks too. Super endearing so far.

d9b

Banned
32317473824_966340dba1_o.png
Honey Boo Boo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom