• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The giant trex robot is some of the best shit I've seen in gaming ever holy crap.

I love admiring the incredible details after downing the large monsters just stunning

It's also now the part of one of two sets of dinosaurs I can hack lmao

BumRush

That feeling when you desperately need a boar skin so you R3 and spot one WAAAAY off in the distance. You start sprinting and the boar sees you coming and takes off at a full sprint. You slide, but realize the gap is too great for an R1 strike so you enter concentration mode and snipe the boar with a precision arrow. Walk up casually...collect loot...including the desperately-needed-boar skin. Triumph.

Then you get blindsided by a fire bellowback you didn't see coming because you were too focused on that sweet boar skin.

giphy.gif

danowat

Banned
Scenery related, but potential story spoilers.

At the northern (eastern) most part of the map there is an ice lake, and on the mountain above that ice lake is a huge distorted metal structure, almost climbing over the entire mountain, is that part of the story?, or relevent?, or just window dressing?

Jobbs

Banned
I played Horizon a few hours when it came out, then switched over to Zelda (mainly since it's what all my friends were playing and I wanted to share in the zeitgeist) when it came out. I put like 80 hours into Zelda and finished all the meaningful content.

I finally got back to playing Horizon this morning. I find this game, right now, more impressive than Zelda -- Understanding, though, that most of Zelda's wonder and excitement were frontloaded in the first 10-15 hours and it increasingly fell apart after that. I'm probably a bit less than that into Horizon at this point, so we'll see how it holds up.

robo

Scenery related, but potential story spoilers.

At the northern (eastern) most part of the map there is an ice lake, and on the mountain above that ice lake is a huge distorted metal structure, almost climbing over the entire mountain, is that part of the story?, or relevent?, or just window dressing?

yes yes no

took down my first thunder jaw today :D

was easier than i thought, you've got to be carful has it can one shot you. I was ago to tear loads of armour off it from far then just used its disc launchers against it.

I have a really dumb question but I cant find any info on it. How do I use ammo packs I buy from merchants? When I bring up the Weapons wheel I see a number of packs of an ammo type that I own but no way to use or convert them to actual ammo. Am I just missing something? Sorry if asked before.

I have a really dumb question but I cant find any info on it. How do I use ammo packs I buy from merchants? When I bring up the Weapons wheel I see a number of packs of an ammo type that I own but no way to use or convert them to actual ammo. Am I just missing something? Sorry if asked before.

i think you open them in a separate menu in the inventory

lionpants

It just gets added to your ammo. No using required.

The_Kid

The constant crafting of supplies after fights is getting a little annoyinf 10-15 hours in. Otherwise its a pretty decent game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You have to read the logs. there is a very well written story in there.

one of the bigger oversights in the game IMO. Most other artifacts prompt you to press the touchpad to take a look, but vantage points don't. It plays audio and you assume you're done - like the audio logs. But there is a lot of text that give a ton of context - the stuff that is read out loud is almost secondary.

Because you aren't prompted to press the touchpad it is very easy to miss the text under each vantage collectible. Definitely something people should be aware of.

The Aloy Show

giphy.gif

Also, I could get up the mountain that's behind the Hunter Grounds in the desert (the one with the Tramplers and Glinthawks), you're not suppossed to get there but I could and there's a huge landscape up there, sadly the game resets if you stay for too long or give a step forward but the place is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom